The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso Is simply not good enough.
Grinding out wins is what Shitelegri is "good" at.
It simply doesn't work in Europe where you need firepower.

Allegri tried it
Simeone tried it
But the competition favours the risk takers and the inventive
Gattuso is a primordial :max:

Even if we do grind out 4th....what then?
Go to Europe and look like a shit version of Juve?
Because that's the ceiling for Rino.

When is the last time you've seen Piatek get a decent through ball
We are structured to batter our opponents but not really outmanoeuvre them. We can keep our shape, sure but against stronger opponents, this means nothing.

Getting two proper wingers will improve us immensely...but again Juve constantly tried battering Ajax with wide play but they were ready for it. A sub point of this is that Suso is the only thing we have even close to a wildcard...who can make his way into the box...which Gattuso understands is the only addition his grinta attack can hope for (see also Paqueta) ....this is the one reason he keeps getting to play despite his abysmal form....if there was someone else who could do what he does we'd be struggling less :mb:

Gattuso looked lost against farmer teams in the Europa League what the hell is he going to do going up against top level coaches and players in the CL? Ha. He’ll finish dead last in the group. He shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath with Simeone or Allegri.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Im going to break my silence... c'mon, theres been a paradigm shift on this, the forum is 80-20.

mou said it best: he's a head coach and not a manager.

Gattuso is not 'da Milan' coach. He has no imagination, are the players are limited, yes, but cud the players be coached better, also yes (see the post on Conti not being his attacking self).

Him, his staff, most of the players... gtg!

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But you, milanista_ etc. believe the sky is falling every week. It hasn’t.

Would you have foreseen Lazio-Chievo going the way it did? Or Atalanta-Empoli drawing last round (Atalanta unable to convert one of their 2000 chances)? Or Roma unable to capitalize on the many chances we gave them?

15 pts up for grabs. Let’s see where we’re in May, and then we can evaluate our coaching options as well.

What your saying is let’s hope Milan’s string of luck with other screwing up and dropping points continues for 4 more games. :lol: God knows Milan won’t run the table seeing that’s what probably has to be done now to get CL.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
In Gattuso's defence, he is a humble honest guy who can be self critical.

I thought he'd take forever to play Paq...But he put him straight in because he recognizes his flaws. The big question is can he fix them.
I really appreciate that he is at least aware of them (again hence Suso despite the poor form). He regrets losing Silva because he understands that Silva has an added dimension to his game, even if he was less effective than Cutrone. So I say fair play to him.

The thing is that as is the case with most of us, even if we recognise our flaws, correcting them is easier said than done. Being the coach of Milan simply can't be reduced to on the job training...with investor's billions evaporating.

The crucial questions to be asked are "does he have more room for growth?" and "how fast can he do it?". My opinion is that we'd be lucky if he becomes another Shitelegri

I love how you randomly sneaked Silva in there :lol:

Just accept that the kid is absolute garbage and we're lucky if we can fool those idiots in the EPL to make a substantial bid for him.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ive already accepted we arent winning away (expect maybe spal)

Torino A- Draw (only as they have susepnsions)
Bologna H- win
Viola A- Loss
Frosinone H- Win
Spal A- Draw

Hope thats enough

Fiorentina should be an easy win. They have nothing to play for just like Frosinone and SPAL.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only Chievo collected less points than Parma in 2019 thus far. Grande Milan.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Inter can afford to lost to both Juve and Napoli and still be ahead of Roma if Roma win those 2 games as well

yeah but Inter can lose more points easily. Ranieri is a decent coach, as much as he gets the luls here

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Leonardo knows attack and is shit in D, Gattuso is good with D and shit with attack. What if "uomo di merda" teaches him some champagne football? :D Seriously if we had some brains in attack and the only threat wasnt long shots, we could be 3rd or 2nd already.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yeah but Inter can lose more points easily. Ranieri is a decent coach, as much as he gets the luls here

So will everyone though. When is the last time Roma actually won 5 games in a row? They basically need to win all 5 and have Inter only win 2 out of 5. Keep in mind with Ranieri Roma lost to SPAL and tied with Fiorentina. They can win all 5 - but that most likely means overtaking Milan. You could argue Atalanta can finish ahead of everyone in 3rd to be fair. As can Torino if they win every game.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How many points have been thrown away against shit teams this season? Race for top 4 would have been over by now. That’s where races are won. Not against the likes of Juve, Napoli, or any other top sides, but taking care of business against those you should beat. Same shit season after season. Just recently you only take the games against Udinese at home and Parma today. Only 2 points vs those two.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
What your saying is let’s hope Milan’s string of luck with other screwing up and dropping points continues for 4 more games. :lol: God knows Milan won’t run the table seeing that’s what probably has to be done now to get CL.

AC Kid said he really wanted to Inter to score another, so we could have breathing room. My point was that it’s useless to do those types of calculations when all CL contenders have been fumbling. I don’t think we can go on a 5 game win streak (though we have this season). But I think that is unlikely for Roma, Atalanta etc. as well.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Kid said he really wanted to Inter to score another, so we could have breathing room. My point was that it’s useless to do those types of calculations when all CL contenders have been fumbling. I don’t think we can go on a 5 game win streak (though we have this season). But I think that is unlikely for Roma, Atalanta etc. as well.

Forget winning streaks it be nice just to win one at this point in the form the team is in :lol:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you must have missed allegri's brilliance against ajax.

I mean it’s what have you done for me lately, but I guess we can just forget he’s at least been to 2 CL finals. Look back at how bad that 2012-2013 Milan roster looks and yet he managed a 3rd place finish and 72 points out of that group. Current Milan is probably better on paper yet the coach sucks and it shows in their performances.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's never forget Grintuso brilliance against Benevento

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I love how you randomly sneaked Silva in there :lol:

Just accept that the kid is absolute garbage and we're lucky if we can fool those idiots in the EPL to make a substantial bid for him.

He's not absolute garbage. He will be a great player one day. Bookmark this :o

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's never forget Grintuso brilliance against Benevento

I like you, but it seems like you and anus are getting off on Gattuso and Milan stumbling. Everyone is pretty much on the side of realizing that Gattuso isn’t a long term answer. There’s no need to continue harping on it.

5 matches left, basically controlling our own destiny with 15 points up for grabs. I hope Gattuso rides out having completed the first tremendous step of returning Milan to the Champions League. He’s guided us through some dark times, I want badly for his and our sake for their to be a happy ending.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ikr

I hate when people say we win (or in our case, stay 4th) because other teams play bad. But this... 5 points out of 18 in the last six games... And we're still 4th. It couldn't be more on others than on us

Sorry @Kujax, I don't agree that Gattuso is a good coach because he's keeping us 4th place as he's literally doing nothing to keep us there. It's the others who don't fucking win their games.

we're still 4th because we won like 7-8 games on bounce since new year?? we have head to head advantage against all contenders except torino whom we have yet to play?? you criticize for points lost but no praise for points gained? #beobjective.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Recently? It's more like two and a half months. Our good run result wise was more on Piatek being super efficient with that little to nothing he got and Donnasuperrumma keeping us in the games.

Before that we went through a similar poor run in november/December.

There is maybe that month right after Paquetà / Piatek joined where we looked like we had an idea of a game. Maybe that was because those two brought a fresh wind that by now has been killed (maybe too harsh but I don't know a better name) by Gattuso tactics.

you could also easily blame players, refs for our current drop.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
something is wrong with you. This end of the season is exciting as fuck. Cl qualification will either be like winning a trophy or will be absolute heartbreak if we don't make it. how can you not like the suspense? neck and neck race.

:thumbsup: first time in almost a decade we are fighting for CL spot and people choose to be depressed.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we win then it will be the best season since 2012/13... If NOT then my point still stands.

— I don’t give a fuck if there is still something to play for till the end.. if we don’t qualify then it simply means i got my hopes up for nothing.

“I expect shitty taste from you”... such a brave statement from someone who still defends montolivo and rates gattuso.

well, then save your depression for the end of the season. you might actually need it. :lol:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
When is the last time you've seen Piatek get a decent through ball
We are structured to batter our opponents but not really outmanoeuvre them. We can keep our shape, sure but against stronger opponents, this means nothing.

"never give piatek a through ball" - Gattuso in trainings.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope we can hold onto champions league somehow but I’m struggling to see how we do. If Roma and Lazio were 10% better we’d be well and truly out of this race. Atalanta will probably somehow overtake everyone for 4th by the end of it.

on the bright side, if we were 10% better, we'd have guaranteed CL spot.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
He's not absolute garbage. He will be a great player one day. Bookmark this :o

Hard to believe that he'll learn to play eventually. I'm not going to bet on it but maybe he's got a good season in him and fool a team into buying him... kinda like we did :fp:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We haven’t had creative enough players for 12 fucking years. We created NOTHING against Parma. When teams defend like they do in Italy, you have to be able to break them down, and we don’t have that creativity. Kessie, Suso, Hakan, Borini, Ricardo Rodriguez, Bakayoko... they don’t create enough, Hakan you can argue does, but when you actually watch the matches the statistics and what I’m seeing don’t align. Our goal came off of a cross by Suso that literally deflected off of Samu’s head.

Paqueta helps, but we need so much more.

I don’t have solutions, but I’m just defeated after a decade + of Milan being static, boring, and lacking a creative spark. Like Il Diavolo said, I don’t even fucking care about results at this point, I’d like to watch pleasant football.

I think we have plenty of creativity. The problem is we play with so much fear when we attack. We refuse to push up with numbers and usually Piatek is left alone in the box. Even when Conti makes an overlap we rarely ever use him and always revert back to the cut inside and shot/cross. It's so, so predictable that most teams probably just drill this move in practice to shut us down.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gatusso might be good coach just if we hire second coach, who will be responsible for our play in final third. :o
+ better players, with half of these idiots it's almost impossible to play better than this.

To be fair, our defence under him is great but other things... my god, it's so painful to watch our torture when we need to score goal. But nothing surprising, knowing what kind of player he's been.

To be clear, I want new coach, without doubt. I'm not saying that Tusso is bad, he's actually ok and talented but still raw and green for us. We need better.

Seedorf wanted this. I think he talked to Crespo to be our attacking coach, like how NFL teams do it.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leonardo knows attack and is shit in D, Gattuso is good with D and shit with attack. What if "uomo di merda" teaches him some champagne football? :D Seriously if we had some brains in attack and the only threat wasnt long shots, we could be 3rd or 2nd already.

The reason why Gattuso is shit in attack is because he prioritizes defense and the team tries to keep its shape even under very controlled situations. The fullbacks rarely take a risk, and the midfield always stays very deep. Only Piatek in the box and sometimes a run in from Bonaventura/Hakan/Paqueta. Very very predictable and safe, but at least we don't leave wide open spaces...

It's not balanced.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Eventho i like Gattuso's presence in the team,

But many of us realized (openly or secretly) that so far, he is neither a genius nor a gifted tactician.

It's not impossible, but i doubt Gattuso's tactic can compete in the highest level of football

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
In this time of rediscovering that magic, keep things simple. Don't need more possible things going wrong... Just get a coach that guarantees results and has the track record...

Having two coaches just creates more possibilities of differences, the dressing rooms nowadays seem too democratic to tbh...

We need clarity ... We should base the project in something that is very clear.

Regarding the squad, still a lot of work to be done. When you are looking at possible players in the starting lineup and have no option but to choose Borinhio, the kind of player you really don't want close the Milan starting XI, then a lot really must be done...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule