The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 9 25.00%
2nd place 3 8.33%
CL spot 23 63.89%
EL spot 1 2.78%
7th+ 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-09-2020, 15:11   #12341
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Who's a worse signing him or Mauri?

Mauri was at least good for Parma before they went bankrupt. At the time I thought AT WORST, he would turn out to be like Walter Gargano or something.

Was Halilovic even good at Las Palmas? They just let him return to Hamburg.

I am not going to act like I knew his career trajectory but seemed like a failed player nobody knows how to make use of. Mauri actually looked decent the couple times in pre season but no manager wanted him and he had a huge salary.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:15   #12342
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Halilovic came as one of the final Mirabelli deals. Along with the legend Strinic....
Strinic would've been useful if not for his health problems

Signature
"We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life. God sent us."

Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:17   #12343
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Aquilani. Current AC - Ibra, Tonali, Romagnoli,Tătă

Hernan Crespo has revealed that he still watches AC Milan games as though it were a religion, and praised the direction of the current team.

"Milan is a kind of religion: it requires absolute dedication from observers and practitioners," he said.

"When Milan plays I turn on the TV and I don't want to be distracted, the world falls silent. I like this Milan and I respect Pioli very well. He is open to dialogue and above all gave an identity to the whole group."

"Milan now seems to me a balanced team, courageous and full of enthusiasm. Ibrahimovic ? There is no question, alone he keeps four defenders busy and this leaves the others more free."

"But apart from him Pioli has regenerated Kessie, he is inserting Tonali and Brahim Diaz, then there is Calhanoglu. Quality, youth and Ibra? I really like this Milan a lot."

Always loved Crespo. Beautiful to hear.

Signature

Last edited by Nestafan; 29-09-2020 at 15:20.
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:19   #12344
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Mauri was much better, he was absolutely ok in defense. Overall not enough but at least a Serie A player.
With Paqueta out CAM is really thin, would be interessting to know if Hauge can play there.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:22   #12345
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
Hernan Crespo has revealed that he still watches AC Milan games as though it were a religion, and praised the direction of the current team.

"Milan is a kind of religion: it requires absolute dedication from observers and practitioners," he said.

"When Milan plays I turn on the TV and I don't want to be distracted, the world falls silent. I like this Milan and I respect Pioli very well. He is open to dialogue and above all gave an identity to the whole group."

"Milan now seems to me a balanced team, courageous and full of enthusiasm. Ibrahimovic ? There is no question, alone he keeps four defenders busy and this leaves the others more free."

"But apart from him Pioli has regenerated Kessie, he is inserting Tonali and Brahim Diaz, then there is Calhanoglu. Quality, youth and Ibra? I really like this Milan a lot."

Always loved Crespo. Beautiful to hear.
Only one season with Milan already like that?

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:25   #12346
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
It seems so random. I do remember back then other members said he was kind of a failed wonder kid but he didn't really fit anywhere on the team in terms of how we played.

I remember expecting Bojan level, but wow, he's like Mauri level: unplayable.

Strinic made sense if we were a mid table club trying to make EL, like Torino or Fiorentina.
Mauri was good when injury crisis hit during gattuso season. Hardworking and good technically. Not sure why coaches didn't play him. Maybe attitude issue. This is prime example of forum members hating on players because it is cool.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:26   #12347
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

MN - Hauge just landed at Malpensa
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:30   #12348
DeNiro
AC Milan Legend

According to Il Giornale, the negotiations that could bring Tiemou? Bakayoko back to Milan are on standby: the French midfielder can only return to the Rossoneri on loan from Chelsea and after the departure of Rade Krunic.
DeNiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:30   #12349
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
Mauri was good when injury crisis hit during gattuso season. Hardworking and good technically. Not sure why coaches didn't play him. Maybe attitude issue. This is prime example of forum members hating on players because it is cool.
Jose Mauri was Jherson Vergara level in defending and positioning, we tried him in friendlies and they were attacking like if he was not there.
Old 29-09-2020, 15:31   #12350
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
According to Il Giornale, the negotiations that could bring Tiemou? Bakayoko back to Milan are on standby: the French midfielder can only return to the Rossoneri on loan from Chelsea and after the departure of Rade Krunic.
We have 4 midfielders, why sell Krunic?

We actually have 5 CB and 5 FB, and we want to add another CB. We need to sell in defence, not in midfield.
Old 29-09-2020, 15:32   #12351
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
It seemed like attitude issue and perhaps he is just too small and doesn't do what they want tactically. For the average observers though, he at least produced mostly positive outputs on the field vs. Halilovic who can't even take the field.

Also the fact that we rather let him walk when he's only 24 and no other teams were willing to take him on other than some Argentinean club to me shows there is something wrong with that player, and that sort of news travels quick.

Signature
Old 29-09-2020, 15:33   #12352
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Mauri was much better, he was absolutely ok in defense. Overall not enough but at least a Serie A player.
With Paqueta out CAM is really thin, would be interessting to know if Hauge can play there.
I mean Jose mauri played for some midtable argentinian club for half a season but decided to let him go after and he's without a club ever since.. Not sure about serie a quality
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:33   #12353
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post

We actually have 5 CB and 5 FB, and we want to add another CB. We need to sell in defence, not in midfield.
He doesn't seem to fit in any particular position in the team and that he wants to start (fighting for place on NT), I would guess.

Signature
Old 29-09-2020, 15:34   #12354
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
Only one season with Milan already like that?
He said it... Milan is a religion

Signature
"We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life. God sent us."

Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:34   #12355
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post

I would like to keep Krunic as well even if we buy Bakayoko. Gives us a more physical AM option to close out games and a 5th CM option as well. Also allows us to have the option of a 3 man midfield as an alternative.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:35   #12356
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Jose Mauri is no longer a football player and people are discussing this fodder in this forum
Old 29-09-2020, 15:36   #12357
taura
Attaccareeee

GdM reporting that price for Paqueta was 21mil + % of future sale
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:37   #12358
jawz10
Milinkovic Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
The #Milan sells #Paquet? to the #Lione for 20 million and gets a percentage of the resale. Operation managed by #Elliott : now hunt for reinforcements.#Hauge it's just the appetizer. @Laudisa
Jean Michel-Aulas is a serious businessman and often times works with private equity funds like Elliott on different business dealings.

#Elliott
jawz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 15:38   #12359
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
I mean Jose mauri played for some midtable argentinian club for half a season but decided to let him go after and he's without a club ever since.. Not sure about serie a quality
I read a Spanish article but it says he is still loaned out from us, and the Argentinean club doesn't want to pay the buy out fee.

I thought he was out of contract with us already.

Signature
Old 29-09-2020, 15:38   #12360
Neo'82
Always On Point

TMW - Pezzella, no negotiations for the renewal with Fiorentina. The Milan track remains alive
Neo'82 is offline   Reply With Quote