Official: Theo Hernandez Thread

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he is not bad defensively, in fact he is very solid, but he have problems with very fast players like hakimi and cheisa, i think he should change his approach with such players, because you can't always outrun everybody, with such players you don't give him time or space with the ball, that's how calabria improved his defensive game, look what he did with rebiry, i do hope theo does the same.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Dire against Juve, showed little effort and had numerous tantrums when being tackled.

I hope to see a great performance tonight.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
g4FlQHk.gif

bmP0tKd.gif

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Come on Theo. Time to step up again.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We can see that Theo is really put a effort to improve his defensive skills.. but maybe that isn't for him.. he is powefull attacking and a mess defending.. so i think Pioli should change tactics to free him from part of his defensive dutty.

I hate a 3 man defense but maybe thats should be tried.

donna
alexis...tomori...kjaer...roma...theo
bennacer...kessie
hakan
ibra...leao​

Pioli at this point is beyond predictable.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli at this point is beyond predictable.

+1111

Week after week he keeps getting exposed but they still dont fire him for some inexplicable reason.

donna
alexis...tomori...kjaer...roma...theo
bennacer...kessie
hakan
ibra...leao​

:thumbsup:
We need to go back to the reactive/defensive approach that worked so well for us last decade.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
+1111

Week after week he keeps getting exposed but they still dont fire him for some inexplicable reason.

:thumbsup:
We need to go back to the reactive/defensive approach that worked so well for us last decade.

The Ibra gas won't last forever.

Isnt that right? :thumbsup:

I think only Pioli had a last decade worst than Milan, got fired from SEVEN clubs.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Isnt that right? :thumbsup:

I think only Pioli had a last decade worst than Milan, got fired from SEVEN clubs.

Then he caught a break at Milan, where he went on to win 5 Scudetti and 2 CL titles.

The end

An excerpt from a biography of Pioli in 2030

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The performances have dropped since his return against Torino.
The intensity has decreased and the transitions into attack are slower and easier to defend against.

He's making us more Hakan dependent than we need to be.

But yeah, sure, it's all him.

Fiorentina invested a lot and yet they regressed after firing Pioli.

Only Pioli has made Top 3 with Lazio in the last 13 years.

Bologna had a good run with Pioli for a few years while selling their best players every year. Then they fired him and dropped into the relegation zone and got relegated.

Mid 2010s Inter was a shitshow apart from the great run they had with Pioli.
Spalletti got squad reinforcement and he kept Pioli's 4-2-3-1.

I agree, it was a rough decade for Serie A's most underrated coach. He's finally in a club that accommodates his needs.
The only ones pissed off about this are opponents, and weirdos like you who would rather see Milan relegated than winning with a wing-based lone striker formation.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
With that lineup Australiano posted, I'm not sure if he wants Conte or GP as a coach instead of top-of-the-table Pioli. Three at the back, but a 1-2 upfront.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The performances have dropped since his return against Torino.
The intensity has decreased and the transitions into attack are slower and easier to defend against.

He's making us more Hakan dependent than we need to be.

But yeah, sure, it's all him.

Fiorentina invested a lot and yet they regressed after firing Pioli.

Only Pioli has made Top 3 with Lazio in the last 13 years.

Bologna had a good run with Pioli for a few years while selling their best players every year. Then they fired him and dropped into the relegation zone and got relegated.

Mid 2010s Inter was a shitshow apart from the great run they had with Pioli.
Spalletti got squad reinforcement and he kept Pioli's 4-2-3-1.

I agree, it was a rough decade for Serie A's most underrated coach. He's finally in a club that accommodates his needs.
The only ones pissed off about this are opponents, and weirdos like you who would rather see Milan relegated than winning with a wing-based lone striker formation.

Im just pointing facts, dont be mad about. :lol:

Lets enjoy our good run with Pioli, is our time.. i want to last for the decade, but he shows no skills to change the lads.

With that lineup Australiano posted, I'm not sure if he wants Conte or GP as a coach instead of top-of-the-table Pioli. Three at the back, but a 1-2 upfront.

Its only to give Theo freedom, he's clearly putting a effort to improve his defensive skills and putting aside his runs, it will also give more options for Hakan in the 3/3 of the field.
i'm not a fan of three defenders either.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
i want to last for the decade, but he shows no skills to change the lads.

:conf:

From what I've witnessed in terms of mentality and spirit, the one thing he's nailed completely is how to deploy his players effectively and be a father figure. They all love him.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Agree. His father figure build up this young team very well indeed.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Theo again leaves to Romagnoli only troubles. Should be playing left winger for atleast a month now.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Theo again leaves to Romagnoli only troubles. Should be playing left winger for atleast a month now.

this is our half of game plan - play left side
other is long ball since midfield cant carry ball forward
kessie is on this side - was the answer of pioli.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
this is our half of game plan - play left side
other is long ball since midfield cant carry ball forward
kessie is on this side - was the answer of pioli.

Actually you started in number four. Pioli's game plans were. ;)

1 Continue using Giampaolo's tactics
2 #1 didnt work, Ibra coming will tell us how to play
3 Throw the ball to Ibra
4 Theo runs
5 Calabria's long shooting

Pioli doenst have a identity, i hope people dont come out here saying 'he makes high pressure marking'... every coach are doing that.. or ppl dont remember Bacca and Luiz Adriano doing high pressure??

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Pioli is not like a Guardiola or Conte. With those guys you have a clear identity, which is cool but thats not the only way to work.

Most Italian coaches are adaptive to the players they have. Its too lazy to just say that Pioli doesn't have tactics. When we were ripping the other teams apart, the tactics certainly played a part. We were attacking right, left and centre and we barely conceded any goals.

The problem is that our players are tired. We have hardly had space since the end of last season since we went to play on Portugal and we were playing 100% intensity in part II of last season.

You have to give the guy some room to work. Actually he has tried three formation variations so far and for the most part the team understood its basics.

I want to believe that we need a good recovery period because we are a deadly team when we are fit and healthy. Its a tough and nerve wrecking season and we just have to grind it through.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually you started in number four. Pioli's game plans were. ;)

1 Continue using Giampaolo's tactics
2 #1 didnt work, Ibra coming will tell us how to play
3 Throw the ball to Ibra
4 Theo runs
5 Calabria's long shooting

Pioli doenst have a identity, i hope people dont come out here saying 'he makes high pressure marking'... every coach are doing that.. or ppl dont remember Bacca and Luiz Adriano doing high pressure??

You've provided us with a lot of shit takes lately, but this takes the cake. You're probably not fully serious, but it's bad enough at 10% srs.

If you can't see a difference between our tactics in Pioli's first games and the ones under Giampaolo then you're not fit to use a computer or phone.
Pioli made fundamental changes in terms of formation, let alone the specific roles, and this was before the switch to 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.
Also, I'm not sure even Giampaolo could pinpoint to what his tactics where, considering that he dropped the 4-3-1-2 immediately, and found new ways to make us vomit until he got fired.

Pioli was able to take advantage of the strengths of all his players, which is how the team managed to get better results than any other Italian team since Jan 2020, despite never-ending injury and COVID problems.

This site deserves an anti-Pioli poster that isn't a complete imbecile. Where are you??

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pioli is not like a Guardiola or Conte. With those guys you have a clear identity, which is cool but thats not the only way to work.

Most Italian coaches are adaptive to the players they have. Its too lazy to just say that Pioli doesn't have tactics. When we were ripping the other teams apart, the tactics certainly played a part. We were attacking right, left and centre and we barely conceded any goals.

The problem is that our players are tired. We have hardly had space since the end of last season since we went to play on Portugal and we were playing 100% intensity in part II of last season.

You have to give the guy some room to work. Actually he has tried three formation variations so far and for the most part the team understood its basics.

I want to believe that we need a good recovery period because we are a deadly team when we are fit and healthy. Its a tough and nerve wrecking season and we just have to grind it through.

I get what you saying. Conte and Guardiola had demands.
I dont have nothing against Pioli, but his work. Im speaking only about the field.
We caught a Ibra wave and is passing. We gonna go further down in the years to come if we dont fix this.

Like i said, i would like Pioli to be the new Sacchi, i really do, but look at the last games, he is uncapable to change the team on the field, everyone can see that.

You've provided us with a lot of shit takes lately, but this takes the cake. You're probably not fully serious, but it's bad enough at 10% srs.

If you can't see a difference between our tactics in Pioli's first games and the ones under Giampaolo then you're not fit to use a computer or phone.
Pioli made fundamental changes in terms of formation, let alone the specific roles, and this was before the switch to 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.
Also, I'm not sure even Giampaolo could pinpoint to what his tactics where, considering that he dropped the 4-3-1-2 immediately, and found new ways to make us vomit until he got fired.

Pioli was able to take advantage of the strengths of all his players, which is how the team managed to get better results than any other Italian team since Jan 2020, despite never-ending injury and COVID problems.

This site deserves an anti-Pioli poster that isn't a complete imbecile. Where are you??

Calm down kiddo, its not personal, so lets skip the name calling and just keep the classy, this is Milan's forum.

If you have opinions just expose them and be respectful.

The 'shit takes lately' i've been talking.

https://sempremilan.com/ml-pioli-op...ptation-four-potential-alternative-formations

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calm down kiddo, its not personal, so lets skip the name calling and just keep the classy, this is Milan's forum.

If you have opinions just expose them and be respectful.

The 'shit takes lately' i've been talking.

https://sempremilan.com/ml-pioli-op...ptation-four-potential-alternative-formations

I try to be respectful, but at the some point you have to call the spade a spade.
In this case it's impossible to not question your intelligence.

The irony about your 4-3-1-2 obsession is that it would be actual "throw the ball to Ibra" tactics.
He's the only reason to use that formation, and the only striker that could make it work.
We would have to dump it and build from scratch again as soon as Ibra leaves.
You know, like after his last Milan stint.

I'm glad Pioli refrained from Allegri-esque shortsighted pragmatism.
Ibra has become more of an obstacle than a key to Pioli's high press approach.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I try to be respectful, but at the some point you have to call the spade a spade.
In this case it's impossible to not question your intelligence.

The irony about your 4-3-1-2 obsession is that it would be actual "throw the ball to Ibra" tactics.
He's the only reason to use that formation, and the only striker that could make it work.
We would have to dump it and build from scratch again as soon as Ibra leaves.
You know, like after his last Milan stint.

I'm glad Pioli refrained from Allegri-esque shortsighted pragmatism.
Ibra has become more of an obstacle than a key to Pioli's high press approach.

I dont recall mentioned 4312. Our defense is too exposed.

The only way to play 4312 would be

calabra...kajer...tomori...roma(GlueDownToTheFloor)
benna...kessie...theo
hakan
rebic...leao

Ibra is a player for entering during the game.. bennacer or tonali and we need to use Theo's agression, he is good in breaking lines (similar position as Serginho).

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
1. Ruined 3 good counters
2. Almost gave udinese 2 free goals.

Still playing bellow standart.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imo also overplayed, lacked sharpness with some horrendous fuck ups.
He also starts to be too head through the wall in attack, I also noticed that he is less goal hungry and more focused on drawing fouls recently. That's not wrong per se, but if you too eager about getting fouls imo it gets to a point where Referees award you less.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Like i said this guy should never starting again, we are so mess in attack with his idiotic solo run and his predictable left footed play.
Why pioli never understand this?
Dalot is offer something on lb which is cutting inside and open the opposition defence, when with theo we were so wide, so crowd in left wing.
Our starting wingbacks should be dalot, calabria and kalulu.
Theo can play if we are 2 goal ahead.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
^

In times of crisis, maybe we can try him as SS/CF with Dalot on the natural left position and Kalulu on the right.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Like i said this guy should never starting again, we are so mess in attack with his idiotic solo run and his predictable left footed play.
Why pioli never understand this?
Dalot is offer something on lb which is cutting inside and open the opposition defence, when with theo we were so wide, so crowd in left wing.
Our starting wingbacks should be dalot, calabria and kalulu.
Theo can play if we are 2 goal ahead.

That is absolutely ridiculous :fp:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
That is absolutely ridiculous :fp:
Why it is rudiculous? We play better 2 games recently without theo starting, this rebic/leao-theo combo on left is not working anymore, its so predictable and prone to counters and the most important thing it makes other player getting frustated.

Schedule