The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?
Maldoban 44 36.97%
Bobini 25 21.01%
Bobaldini 11 9.24%
Malbo 7 5.88%
M&B 32 26.89%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2020, 05:09   #7941
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Rangnick doesn't mean becoming a farmer club. Buying low and selling non essential players or sometimes important players but at a high price is just how you have to operate under FFP if A) you don't have a sugar daddy skirting the rules or B) don't have insane commercial revenue.

We don't have TV money, our commercial revenue is down, we don't sell many tickets and they're considerably cheaper than Prem tickets, Serie A TV money is not comparable to Prem money.

What way to generate income in a timely manner is left? Selling players at a profit.

The sooner you come to terms to it, the better. If we get back near the top, this change but until then, we have to settle for this.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence

I exist to make Merda fans miserable
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:52   #7942
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero1 View Post
That’s a mid table team.
That’s what we’re gonna be for another season or two. We have to accept that and build for future, that’s why we’re going with Rangnick simple as that.

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken, the sleeping giant just hit snooze on its alarm 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:01   #7943
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
. Bennacer and Tonali in the centre of the pitch with a destroyer like Bakayoko would be immense.

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:04   #7944
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka92 View Post
50m on two talented kids is not a big money in today's football. They can cost at least triple more in several years.

But tbh, I'm kinda sceptic about Tonali. Maybe I just pick wrong games but in most cases he didn't really impress me, even if it's not doubtful that he's talented kid.

I didn't watch Scamacca but he's even more risky... but if Ralf thinks that they're good, I'll believe him.
Tonali has what it takes to be successful long term and he has some real character especially for a youngster. The dude's got it

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:01   #7945
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

In a post-covid era, a director like Rangnick would make a lot of sense. In general, the overall Milan strategy under Elliott would be one of the least affected ones in Serie A.

Things are simply not going to be the same anymore. Not transfer fees, not wages, not expenditure of any kind.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:38   #7946
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Standart Liege will be moved to amateur football due to financial issues.
Their players will probably be free agents. Anyone interesting?

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:41   #7947
MilanCampeador
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanBG View Post
Standart Liege will be moved to amateur football due to financial issues.
Their players will probably be free agents. Anyone interesting?
Nah, they'll appeal to the BAS and probably get their license. Financial issues will remain though, so they will have to sell.
The only one worth looking at would be Vanheusden, but Inter have an option to buy him back.
MilanCampeador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:57   #7948
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanCampeador View Post
Nah, they'll appeal to the BAS and probably get their license. Financial issues will remain though, so they will have to sell.
The only one worth looking at would be Vanheusden, but Inter have an option to buy him back.
That option is only until the end of this season, right?
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:14   #7949
MilanCampeador
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
That option is only until the end of this season, right?
I'm not sure, I don't recall any deadline to the option reported when the sale was made, but it's possible.
MilanCampeador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:25   #7950
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Tonali is a must for this team. He’s my number one on my wish list. Bennacer and Tonali in the centre of the pitch with a destroyer like Bakayoko would be immense.

Hopefully Zlatan stays to mentor Leao who I think will explode next season, along with Rebic who still has a year left on his loan. Our attack should be more than fine for next season imo, we need to spend on the midfield and defence next window. Sign a promising RB along with a centre back (I’d love Silva on a free and to sign a promising CB for him to mentor).

Donnarumma, RB, CB, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Tonali, Bennacer, Bakayoko, Castillejo, Ibra, Leao in a 4-3-3. Rebic as super sub.
Need goals from midfield, that midfield would be lucky to score 5 between them for the season.
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:31   #7951
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanCampeador View Post
I'm not sure, I don't recall any deadline to the option reported when the sale was made, but it's possible.
I remember it was mentioned on sporza that it was for one or two seasons. After that inter gets 30% of his future transfer fee.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:42   #7952
CDarius
Senior Team Member

A midfield of Bennacer-Yoko-Tonali would be interesting
CDarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 14:11   #7953
Dena
National Team Player

Sky Sport’s Peppe di Stefano says that Milan’s new boss will be chosen by Hendrik Almstadt and Geoffrey Moncada. Ralf Rangnick is in pole position
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 16:00   #7954
Congo Powers
Banned

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9

Quote:
Sky Sport’s Peppe di Stefano says that Milan’s new boss will be chosen by Hendrik Almstadt and Geoffrey Moncada. Ralf Rangnick is in pole position
Who are these ppl?
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 16:27   #7955
Kaka92
Gae

Fav. Players: MMS.

Ben-Baka-Tonali is defensive af, I don't like it.

It will be one or another. Or that kid from Benfica, whatever.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 17:21   #7956
joyrider
Il Moderati

Ralf Rangnick has denied agreeing a deal to become Milan’s next coach. “There’s nothing to it, such a statement doesn’t correspond to reality.”

Rangnick had been tipped to take full control of coaching and player recruitment at Milan, with Zvonimir Boban leaking the negotiations prior to his exit in March.

However, the former RB Leipzig boss - while admitting to ‘loose enquiries’ - has now poured cold water on the speculation.

“There’s nothing to it,” he told MDR.

“There were once some loose enquiries, but such a statement [of agreeing a deal with Milan] doesn’t correspond to reality.”
Old 10-04-2020, 17:56   #7957
joyrider
Il Moderati

CM - Belgian Saillemakers will return to Anderlecht at the end of the season after his loan to Milan ends.
Old 10-04-2020, 17:59   #7958
Kaka92
Gae

Fav. Players: MMS.

I thought it's loan with obligation?

Idk, 7m for young, talented player who can cover several position on pitch is not too much. He can be useful rotation player.

Also I think that club already payed 3,5m.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 18:12   #7959
omer486
World Cup Winner

Quote:

Idk, 7m for young, talented player who can cover several position on pitch is not too much. He can be useful rotation player.

What's the use? In right back he was behind Calabria and Conti. And for right wing Milan needs to get a player better than Samu not worse.

The club is trying to reduce the wage bill. Collecting mediocre players is not going to help.

Last edited by omer486; 10-04-2020 at 18:55.
omer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 18:41   #7960
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:

3.5 m down the drain. Very expensive loan for a player barely used... I would buy him and loan him to Genoa/Samp. 7 m total on a player that will be easily sellable for 10 m after a whole season in Italy. He could actually develop into a very good player and be sold for 20 m... IDK this seems like a waste of money

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote