Spl

Catherine

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KaKa, Sheva, Maldini, Cafu, Tomasson
I don't know if many ppl follow Scottish football here. I hope there are a few ppl that are interested in it. The teams i support are Rangers and Inverness 'Caley' Thistle. I hope to see Rangers win the SPL and for Caley to just be able to stay up in the Premier League and not get relagated to the 1st division since we only got moved up last year.
I can't wait until the new stand has been built at Caley, i could start going to see games again. I haven't been able to travel down to Pitodrie to see any matches.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Scottish league, always a 2 horse race, eh? :D
I'd like Rangers to win the league simply because Dado Prso plays for them. Can't believe there's no more Scottish teams in Europe though. :head:

Catherine

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I no its such a shame, maybe next time we will put in a better performance. Yeah i like Prso too. I haven't been watching many games recently. I must get bak into it again this year. D o you think it would be better if it wasn't a 2 horse race or do you think its good the way it is. I think i would prefer to see some other teams having a chance of winning the league.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Catherine said:
I must get bak into it again this year. D o you think it would be better if it wasn't a 2 horse race or do you think its good the way it is. I think i would prefer to see some other teams having a chance of winning the league.

Personally I don't think that Scottish league is strong enough part from the 2 teams. What I think would be logical to happen is the stronger teams joining the English Premier League to make it stronger and more interesting. It has been tried before but failed, I hope it suceeds one day.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Personally I don't think that Scottish league is strong enough part from the 2 teams. What I think would be logical to happen is the stronger teams joining the English Premier League to make it stronger and more interesting. It has been tried before but failed, I hope it suceeds one day.
Wouldn't this really hurt scotish football in general,Rangers and Celtic joining the Premiership,what would happen to the SPL without them :head: personally I think it would be better for them and their fans to stay in Scotland because they would find it hard to get into CL or UC from the Prempiership with taems like Man U,Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea...who are all better then them,and then ther are Newcastle,Boro even Everton on this seasons form,it's tough in the Premier League and when you consider that Celtic couldn't even beat Shakhtar to get in the UC and Rangers failing to be in the top three in a group with AZ,Gak,Auxere and Wronki it's hard see them bringing much quality to the Prem :) The only good side is the financial one,they would get more money from TV revenues,and bigger crowds if they were in the Premiership

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well It has been tried to be done already, and SPL agreed to try and join the EPL because they thought there would be more benefits to it. United Kingdom is joined in most sports but then not football. It's a mistery to me.

Catherine

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think ti would be intersting to see how well the scottish teams coped with the pressure of the premiership. I would love to see this happen because it would bring more much needed money to the clubs. I just want to see Scottish football expand and hopefully bring better quality of play.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
They would probably be able to bring in more quality players,the lure of the EPL is much stronger then of the SPL so that would be positive :) But what would happen to clubs like Hearts,Dundee and the rest of the SPL,it would be fun and games for the Glasgow clubs but what about the others :head:

Catherine

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah i hear wot ur sayin. It would suck for the smaller teams. Especially my beloved Inverness Caley. But i would like to see Rangers get more funding. They have been in alot of trouble over the last few years. There is no way that we can please both ends of the table.

Catherine

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did anyone watch any of the Scottish Cup matches??? I was gonna watch the Rangers-Celtic one but i ended up only catching the last few minutes. Was it any good? (dispite Rangers loosing)