Possible replacements IF Carlo left

Who should replace Carlo Ancelotti as Milan coach if he leaves?

• Total voters

imp8715

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Cassano, Bergkamp
sidd@acmilan said:
ooh yea ..another nightmare match

S. Korea earned what they deserved. Both teams played to their extreme. If Vieri didn't blow off all the free gimme goals, italy would have won 3-1 or so.

Hiddink Would be an amazing replacement for Carlo. Just look at what he has made with S. Korea, PSV, and Austrailia. I mean seriouly who would have thought S. Korea would go to the Semi-Finals, who would have thought PSV would beat milan in the CL semi's (although Milan went to the finals, which I was so relieved about), and who would've thought Auzzi's would enter the world cup for the first time in the last 30 years or so?

Don't count personnal thoughts in Hiddink's move (I mean, if this is possible). Just imagine what he can do with the superb squad we have, when he can go to the semi's with weak teams.

Last edited:

AberdeenMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
If it was down to me, I would bring Arigo Sacchi back for a year or two and have Maldini and Baresi assisting him, with them learning the ropes to replace him when they are ready.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
AberdeenMilan said:
If it was down to me, I would bring Arigo Sacchi back for a year or two and have Maldini and Baresi assisting him, with them learning the ropes to replace him when they are ready.
Sacchi's times is over my friend. His tactics would never work in todays game.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
newyorker said:
Sacchi's times is over my friend. His tactics would never work in todays game.
I think he should be given an 'advisory' role at the club of some sort.He has a lot of knowledge-obviously.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
imp8715 said:
S. Korea earned what they deserved. Both teams played to their extreme. If Vieri didn't blow off all the free gimme goals, italy would have won 3-1 or so.

Just imagine what he can do with the superb squad we have, when he can go to the semi's with weak teams.

You mean the world cup that was fixed ... brazil couldn't loose (they've should have been knocked out by Belgium !! and won against turkey with a little help of their friends) and the S.Korea had to go as much as possible to rub it in the face of their neigbours N.Koreo .... please don't say that both teams played to the extreme .... we were robbed !!! ...

nevertheless Guus Hiddink is one of the greatest trainers around ....

Marco VB or Capello would be a very good option i recon

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
Naraku said:
I think he should be given an 'advisory' role at the club of some sort.He has a lot of knowledge-obviously.

agree on that ... look what he did in spain ... his knowledge is welcome ..

Reaction score
YUGOSLAV said:
Milan look to Van Basten
(Saturday 4 February, 2006)
* channel4.com *

Despite patron Silvio Berlusconi’s reassurances, it’s reported Milan legend Marco Van Basten has been chosen to replace Carlo Ancelotti next season.
Ancelotti is under considerable pressure after falling 12 points behind leaders Juventus in the Scudetto race and their shock elimination from the Coppa Italia at the hands of Palermo.
As he ended last season empty-handed, failure to lift the Champions League trophy in May would almost certainly see the Coach sacked.

“Ancelotti is this club’s present, but he is also its future,” assured patron Berlusconi in a television interview. “You saw my rapport with Arrigo Sacchi in the 1990s – that is the same relationship I have with Carlo.”

However, Berlusconi has never been shy about publicly criticising his Coach’s tactics and often dictating changes to him.
The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ reports today that Milan have already chosen another member of Sacchi’s all-conquering squad to lead the way from next season.
Van Basten was a key member of that line-up, which also boasted current Coaches Ancelotti, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Donadoni.

‘The Swan’ has gone on to lead Holland to the World Cup finals and his contract runs until June 30 2008, but it’s claimed he has a clause releasing him after the tournament in Germany.

The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ claims Van Basten’s arrival would spark a revolution in the ageing side, including Andriy Shevchenko’s switch to Chelsea.
The Stamford Bridge outfit has been putting in multi-million pound bids for the former European Player of the Year for the last couple of campaigns and Milan could finally give in to raise funds for a new defence and midfield reinforcements.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
i think milan need baresi to leave the junior team and coach the serie A side or we need god cause maldini cant coach at 37!!

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
Yuchen Fish said:
I think this news is true, because i had read the same thing in Chinese website.
well, if it got past the chinese government sensors it must be true ;)

we need a real coach with experience, not a player that could drive us into the ground further than ancelotti.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
Luis said:
Livorno, Italy (Sports Network) - Livorno head coach Roberto Donadoni resigned Tuesday after a year with the Serie A club.

The 42-year-old coach joined Livorno in January 2005, and helped bring the club out of the relegation zone during their first season back in the Serie A league.

This season, Donadoni has helped the team to a sixth place spot in league standings, with 38 points through 23 matches.

Carlo Mazzone will reportedly take over as the club's new coach.

Livorno travel to face Ascoli on Wednesday.

02/07 15:07:33 ET

Great News Huh?
id say that puts him in position to join milan...

imp8715

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Cassano, Bergkamp
Ozzy Croatia said:
I want to see Guus Hiddink as MILAN coach :tongue: :tongue:

1000% agree

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
Well haven't join the discussions for quite a long time...why is everybody talking 'bout fat carlo is leaving?

I don't like fat carlo's style, never liked him.but apparently he's doing a good job, and increasingly better as well.

Can't find any reason for him to leave.

Another 3(Or even more) goals comeback in the CL final????that's enough for him to get kicked out of here.maybe it'd be more appropriate to talk about his replacement by then.

But since the topic is already here:
I think Alberto Malesani and Fatih Terim would be the best 2 in my mind.

Sven Goran Eriksson is not bad as well,this guy is calm enough to be a outstanding coach.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
SempreRossoNero said:
by the way you defend him, sometimes i think you are carlo...:D
I don't defend him, his results proving his worth, more then anything you can throw at him.

Momoshiro

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Kaka', Shevchenko. Sneijder, Aimar, Robben, Luis Garcia
imp8715 said:
1000% agree

yup i agree to.. but only if he resigned as Australia manager...being a manager of AC Milan ain't a side job man :)

other canidates :
- Roberto Donadoni (did a good job in Livorno)
- Mauro Tassotti (i think he has the capability to be a good manager)
- Luciano Spalletti (did a great job in Udinese, brought Roma to set a new consecutive 11 win record)

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
carlo will stay with us.that's so good.after some years my second choice is "van basten-baresi". :star:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
liberogrande said:
Sven Goran Eriksson is not bad as well,this guy is calm enough to be a outstanding coach.
doubt he's really gd... despite wat he has done for Lazio prior to takin' over at England...
let's analyse wat he has done for England...
made a joker the captain... some1 who has nv been a captain at club lvl... not even a vice-captain...
made tat same joker the first choice pk taker... again he is not the first choice pk taker at club lvl... not even 2nd...
plus if Eriksson was to take over Ancelotti at Milan... be sure he's gonna bring over tat joker from Real Madrid... somethin' we dun need...

Ancelotti still has my vote of confidence... after all he has done well... esp considerin' last season's disaster at the CL final... he managed to bring back the morale & confidence of the players... tat alone is not an easy task...

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
Hiddink was not so succeed when he was Real coach.

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Although...

...I don't like him very much I think Jose Mourinho would be an excellent choice, but I hope Carletto will remain!

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
brajo said:
...I don't like him very much I think Jose Mourinho would be an excellent choice, but I hope Carletto will remain!
Be realistic =)

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ohh my, like little kids you still playing with shit, even though you aware it stinks and its dirty...
Hiddink went Russia, Don Fabio won't go to Galliani, Sven is not a good choice. Baresi, VB are unproven, yet. Le Guen went Rangers. Fatih is a flop. Donadoni should go to midtable team with stable owner first, and show that he can work under pressure w/o leaving team in the middle of the season.
Carlo is highly regrded around the globe, except this fun site, so if professionals regard him so, who are we to fart around? Thats how this topic looks - one incompetent fart!

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
newyorker said:
Ohh my, like little kids you still playing with shit, even though you aware it stinks and its dirty...
Hiddink went Russia, Don Fabio won't go to Galliani, Sven is not a good choice. Baresi, VB are unproven, yet. Le Guen went Rangers. Fatih is a flop. Donadoni should go to midtable team with stable owner first, and show that he can work under pressure w/o leaving team in the middle of the season.
Carlo is highly regrded around the globe, except this fun site, so if professionals regard him so, who are we to fart around? Thats how this topic looks - one incompetent fart!

For once i agree with you man.
Ancelotti is so underrated....he is our man, he's family and he's not finished yet.
They can say what they want about him but i always believed in him.
He got us playing positive, entertaining, attacking football and made us win almost everything....he kept the players morale high this season and believed in his players.

theo

Beginner
Reaction score
I have to say that Ancelotti is the only reason that Serie A is holding its head high. ACM play excellent attacking football which only Barca can rival. I thik its all due to Ancelotti. It is a pity that if AC had been more consistent they could have been serie a champions instead of those losers Juventus.

Milanetto

AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Theo.
I'ld not say that Milan style is so attacking - Anci is the supporter of the defensive more and especially cattenacio. But as the matter of fact, I would like to see Rajkaard by the Milan's bench

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
In fact, Ancelott is not bad, none can lead us win all every game as 5-0 or 6-0, we all hope Mian can win both Serie A and CL, but the 2nd ( maybe we can get it ) in Serie A and the semi-final in CL is still good + Milan's formation is not as good as the medium said.

Aegis

Beginner
Reaction score
ancelotti should stay but IF and only if he has to go, i want Cesare Prandelli. :) he’s a good coach and utilize young players good.. also good in mixing young & old players + has the ability to bring out the best of his players (especially the young ones). He got best result from so-so resources. i admire this guy based on his work at parma and now fiorentina.. plus he’s Italian.. I don’t wanna Milan coached by non-italian coach no matter how good his cv is.. oscar tabarez was enough for me.. and faith terim also.. was a good coach, pity he was also failed..

Ollyn88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"LOYAL" milan players
btw guys, do carletto really gonna leave if we're not win the scudetto this season??? (but surely we will :D )
i like his coaching style, but if he really have to leave i think rijkaard would be a good replacement or maybe rafa (he is genius i think)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
caroline_celico said:
btw guys, do carletto really gonna leave if we're not win the scudetto this season??? (but surely we will :D )
i like his coaching style, but if he really have to leave i think rijkaard would be a good replacement or maybe rafa (he is genius i think)
He won't leave even if we would loose 2 remaining games.

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
the coach Milan fans would love to see with the rossoneri

The coach for the job ??