Ronaldo OR Van Basten

Who was a better striker

• Ronaldo

Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Marco Van Basten

Votes: 76 59.8%
  • They were both equally good since Marco wasn't that fast and Ronaldo couldn't head a beach ball

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
madtherchot said:
Amusingly, I am continuously misinformed that I have lost some battle of sorts. Far as I can tell, I haven't discussed either players' qualities in detail, since even when briefly mentioning their attributes, I've been told that my observations are incorrect. And unlike Ronaldo, MVB's qualities haven't been thoroughly mentioned in this thread ... I mean, there have even been claims that Ronaldo possesses qualities that haven't been seen on the pitch! I would have taken the liberty to mention MVB's characteristics and moments of brilliance, but besides being enormous and hence time consuming, I don't see the need if people don't agree with my summary of what type of player he was. Its clear that this thread has developed into a clash of egos ... people who fancy Ronaldo versus those who don't.

That said, I was responding to claims made by Clayton and Wild ... that MVB wasn't the more deadlier; and that Ronaldo was the more complete striker, respectively. So I didn't bring in 'irrelevant' points, but was merely responding. Once again, you've got your panties tied in a bunch. Regardless, I think MVB's pace, touch, control, finishing, passing, visions, and hence, overall team-play (creating chances), was far more superior than an average striker ... whereas Ronaldo's aerial abilities weren't. I have already conceded that Ronaldo was quicker, perhaps a better dribbler ... but the latter isn't certain since they had different types of play, and so had different mindsets. I think its safe to say that as far as touch and control go, on either foot, MVB was up there with the best. I just think that MVB's style created more for the team ... but when a touch of individual brilliance was needed, he delivered as well.

Of course Sheva was a more complete striker than Ronaldo (but not MVB). Which is why I suggested that had he been Brazilian, he'd probably have scored more goals in the WC. But of course, people fail to reason since the suggestion doesn't bode well for the Ronaldo-cause. Something I have no interested whatsoever in entertaining, and probably is why I'm so popular in this thread, and others.

Perhaps because I'm stating an entirely valid opinion ... an opinion based on facts rather than hatred, as falsely suggested. An opinion which is justifiable especially considering the environment in which it has been developed – a Milan forum, a club at which Ronaldo has undeniably been the utter definition of a flop; an embarrassment both to himself and the club; a mistake that some of us foresaw even before his arrival, warned about, got savagely ridiculed in the process, and are still being dragged into the mess that is Ronaldo's downfall, simply because you lot can't accept the fact that he's rubbish nowadays. So no, what you are witnessing isn't hatred. Rather, a retaliation to the insults consistently slung our way, for not agreeing that Ronaldo is the greatest and whatnot – the bulk of the instigators only making themselves known after his unfortunate arrival. People who've been around long enough will be able to testify to this. They still persist, albeit more subdued, with their agenda-driven negative observations of current or past Milan players, coaches, management and, of course, the Milan Lab saga ... dragging and introducing Ronaldo fables that are almost a decade old and have no significance to what the main subject at hand is – Milan, and definitely not Ronaldo, and this thread is no exception.

PS. Guess I did have some time to spare. You're welcome.
Its because of arguments like the Shevchenko one that you 'lost the battle'. Actually, that is not an argument at all, it is hypothetical and doesn't make any breakthrough, you could imagine anything like that and say it. There is nothing close to evidence for that. What if Ronaldo never got injured? That is less impossible than your Brazilian Sheva prospect. Would he then be considered better than Van Basten by you?

As for the second part of the post, I think I've heard enough whining from you about the whole issue. Nobody ganged up on you when speculations about Ronaldo coming started and when you said it is probably not going to work out. Actually, the majority thought so, as Ronaldo was on a decline with his age and injuries. It was a gamble, but it was not Ronaldo who is to blame for that, but your beloved G&B who bought him. So your hate is misguided.

Another thing altogether is your desperate cry for attention after his injury when instead of showing solidarity and support like any normal football follower you celebrated about how you were right back then, obviously frustrated that the previous half season Ronaldo denied your accusations that he is garbage by playing some pretty decent football. If that is not hate, I don't know what is. Stop dragging your frustrations from his arrival and first season here, as you outnumbered the supporters then by a lot may I say. Now it seems it isn't so as despite the obvious doubts many people had before he came, they are not happy, but are recognizing what he did. Can't help but feel for your defeat, as you are one of the very few left who can actually say Ronaldo was 'a flop' for Milan.

Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
MvBasten is the closest thing to a complete player. For a 6’3” player, moves like a 5’5” player. He can do anything. Shoot with both feet, dribble, headings and passing. The last 2 are something that Ronaldo isn’t capable. When it comes to speed, both are equally impressive. Ronaldo in 96 – 98 can run very fast but MvBasten on his best playing days can run 100 meter under 11 seconds. Ronaldo’s strength is on his dribbling and skill to get goals while MvBasten can create magic from almost nothing.

Medal collection from National Team, Ronaldo is definitely ahead of MvBasten because of the World Cup win in 02 and his goals in 3 WC. Throughout his career, MvBasten only played in 4 World Cup games and scored 0. He only have the Euro 88 medal to boast.

Club wise, MvBasten is ahead of Ronaldo. Ronnie won 2 UEFA Cups, 1 Inter Continental Cup and 1 Spanish La Liga. MvBasten won 3 Scudetto, 2 Champions Cup, 2 European Super Cup, 2 Inter Continental Cup.

In terms of legacy. I still have the feeling that MvBasten is ahead of Ronnie (although I can be VERY biased since he is my fave player of all time). His last game ever was in May 93 when he was only 28 (after 4 months lay off). He still have at least 3-4 good seasons ahead of him. He was forced to retire when he was at his peak. And in 92 he was at his best season ever before injury cut him short in November 92. He scored 12 goals in 9 league games, and who can forget that 4 goals vs IFK Gothenborg.

In the list of FIFA all time greatest player, MvBasten was voted in number 9. Ahead of him are the usual suspects like Maradone, Pele, Di Stefano, Puskas, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Platini (in no particular order). I can’t help think how he will be rated if injury doesn’t cut him short.

Capello said Ronaldo is better. He earns the right to say that. But let’s put it this way. He is a very tough and hard coach. He never smiled or applause when his team scores or won something important. The most he will do is nod his head in agreement. But he cried in the San Siro dug out and didn’t hide his tears from the camera when on August 18, 1995 MvBasten stepped on the field for a lap of honor to thank the tifosi.

Lastly, IMO Ronaldo embodied how the game should be played beautifully with all his step over, dribbling, speed and tricks. MvBasten is God's answer if we can ask Him to make us a complete player.

MVB is my first favorite player in my middle school age,he is talent striker.RONALDO is my second favorite player in my college age,he is more skillful.i love both them.maybe MVB is more important to me,coz he did everyting for milan,and RONALDO spent his gold time in INTER and BARCA.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
MilanoMichael said:
Excuse me but what planet are you on? Since when does a post like this: Constitute pleasant?
I said a rather pleasant discussion on the topic. The post you quoted was off topic. I see you haven't miss the knack of reporting the slightest disturbances that might hurt your over sensitive soul. How's your other nick?

O Fenomeno said:
You are right that I mainly registered in this forum because of Ronaldo. See because like Guttuso said: 'Ronaldo is football".

Thank you very much.
Well I believe you could understand why I asked you to keep your comments civilized.

O Fenomeno

Beginner
Reaction score
God you are misinformed..It's not worth arguing with you. I mean Ronaldo has been a flop with milan? That there say it all....no need to further address your 'rubbish' post.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
O Fenomeno said:
God you are misinformed..It's not worth arguing with you. I mean Ronaldo has been a flop with milan? That there say it all....no need to further address your 'rubbish' post.

if the question was ronaldo or van basten of milan!!!! then van basten... if ronaldo or van basten for football then ronaldo!!!

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
ashish_skaria said:
do you really have ronnie's all goals??
or just opening your mouth unnecessarily??
if u have any way can you share with us i am in desperate need of those goals
Yip I do. And no I don't talk out of my MilanoMichael :D You can have 'em if you want they're on my old laptop (Quicktime format) if you ever catch me online I'll send them (look for drucurl@hotmail.com if you have Messenger) all of hes Cruzerio and PSV goals are numbered.This is why I know that Ronaldo was good in the air (not to the level of someone like Adriano or MVB perhaps but he got the job done) I'll have to send 'em one at a time though...I don't use those uploading things....hell I can't even remember my photobucket username. :cool:

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
drucurl said:
Yip I do. And no I don't talk out of my MilanoMichael :D You can have 'em if you want they're on my old laptop (Quicktime format) if you ever catch me online I'll send them (look for drucurl@hotmail.com if you have Messenger) all of hes Cruzerio and PSV goals are numbered.This is why I know that Ronaldo was good in the air (not to the level of someone like Adriano or MVB perhaps but he got the job done) I'll have to send 'em one at a time though...I don't use those uploading things....hell I can't even remember my photobucket username. :cool:
where'd you get them?! i want! :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
drucurl said:

thanks anyway Drucul i dont have a hotmail account, i will make a new one and catch you online . by the way have you got gmail?.
its like asking kaka also when you are getting pato for nothing ......... stilll asking

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
as you are one of the very few left who can actually say Ronaldo was 'a flop' for Milan.
LOL ... talk about being delusional. So I suppose you feel Ronaldo wasn't a flop for Milan ... certainly has been a great asset to us :rolleyes: And you obviously are far from the truth because, believe it or not, I was supportive of Ronaldo when it seemed he actually did give a shit about the jersey he wore or his career. I hoped the original "L'Ovella Negra" had changed his ways ... but I should have known better. It is with threads like this that you somehow try to instill the idea that a contract extension for Ronaldo isn't such a bad idea. When in fact, its the biggest mistake we could possibly make.

And, as further evidence of your ignorance + already made up, infatuated, mind, try reading before posting rubbish. I 'suggested' that Sheva was unfortunate to not have a good National Team ... the same way MVB was, when compared to Ronaldo. And that perhaps his WC record is as much a reflection of his teammates' abilities, as it is to his own. Anyway, you can never possibly contemplate such an idea ... which is exactly what it was. Of course it was all hypothetical ... but so is the whole damn argument. Since Ronaldo and MVB played in different eras ... so the comparison is hypothetical, unlike say C. Ronaldo and Kaka'.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
LOL ... talk about being delusional. So I suppose you feel Ronaldo wasn't a flop for Milan ... certainly has been a great asset to us :rolleyes: And you obviously are far from the truth because, believe it or not, I was supportive of Ronaldo when it seemed he actually did give a shit about the jersey he wore or his career. I hoped the original "L'Ovella Negra" had changed his ways ... but I should have known better. It is with threads like this that you somehow try to instill the idea that a contract extension for Ronaldo isn't such a bad idea. When in fact, its the biggest mistake we could possibly make.

And, as further evidence of your ignorance + already made up, infatuated, mind, try reading before posting rubbish. I 'suggested' that Sheva was unfortunate to not have a good National Team ... the same way MVB was, when compared to Ronaldo. And that perhaps his WC record is as much a reflection of his teammates' abilities, as it is to his own. Anyway, you can never possibly contemplate such an idea ... which is exactly what it was. Of course it was all hypothetical ... but so is the whole damn argument. Since Ronaldo and MVB played in different eras ... so the comparison is hypothetical, unlike say C. Ronaldo and Kaka'.

Lolzzz your arguments are getting more pathetic and desperate :proud: Soon I expect a post saying "Ok I'm wrong and I have no proof to back up my blind hate". Honestly I didn't expect you to wave the white flag so soon. Kudos for quitting while you're behind.

Of course your weak attempt to go down fighting is rather comical. You are suggesting that the National Team that is composed of the "flying dutchmen" was WEAK :eek: Do you care to explaciate on this or am I to apply a Matrix style reasoning to your assertion ("the dutch team is weak because it is" :o ). You could ignore the fact that great Dutch team WON the Euros and call it weak (which in your world might constitute a credible argument). OR you could say that though it was good in attack it was poor in defense as compared to the Brazilian teams that Ronaldo played in with their tyipcally rock-solid defense that all Brazilian teams are feared for :D . OR you could do a player by player comparison of the Dutch NT and the 2002/98 Brazilian NT and bandy names like Cafu/Roberto Carlos/Rivaldo and say that they >>>> the likes of Ronald Koeman, Rijkaard, Guillit & Wouters etc....

As for Sheva, everyone knows that his national team was weak... Hence understandably they lost early on. Sheva, however still scored three goals in 06. No disrespect to the Milan legend but how many did the mighty Van Basten score in 1990? Lemme guess that 1990 team was weaker than Ukraine '06 huh?

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dear Italian Tsar,

Thanks a lot for editing my and others posts. You prevented a catastrophe (some spice/flavour to the debate) of epic proportions from being unleashed at R&B. From the bottom of my heart I'd like to thank you for censoring others and myself. It is good to witness the few brave stalwarts like yourself fight the prevaling moral decline of today's society. I am sure that your tireless efforts to make the world a better place by targeting and interfering with this one thread among many would quickly usher in the utopian environement that we all yearn for. Your being a beacon of justice and integrity has once again restored some measure of faith in the virtue of humanity and will no doubt inspire others to follow the honourable trail you have blazed and forevermore illuminated

Yours respectfully,
drucurl

Last edited:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I've refrained from replying to this thread so far because I always find it a little unfair to bring in two players from completely different "periods" & ask which one is "better". There are so many angles to this comparison which makes it difficult to have a right or wrong answer. There will always be different opinions and there will always be people who have their own emotional attachment/bias towards one and that's okay, as long as we agree to disagree in the end ;)

As for me, my vote naturally goes to Van Basten. The man who made me, as many of you I'm sure, a Milan fan in the first place. I was way too young to understand whether we were playing a Serie A game or a CL semi final back in his days, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that what MVB was doing out there was not normal. Growing up being closer to my brothers, I played their games & watched their favourite football matches with them. Everytime my brother tuned in to a Milan game or watched recorded highlights, I would sit in front of the TV dumbfounded at the magic this man brought. One amazing goal after another; I became hooked to the game, the player & the team. And that's when the love story with Milan began.

I can officially say that the first deep wound I suffered from as a teenager ( :tongue: ) was his injury. It didn't make sense at the time. Everyone was telling me Van Basten was not going to play anymore but it was difficult to believe them. How could there be an end to this immense pleasure? Who was going to score now that he was gone? How are we supposed to watch the games & bear with the fact that he's not there?

The gap always existed until Sheva arrived (which hopefully explains my craziness over him to many of you :D). They are surely two differnet players & yet very similar in a way. But to me, Sheva was the only striker who brought the same joy Van Basten used to bring when watching the beautiful game.

Comparing him to Ronaldo is difficult as they played in different teams, different leagues & different NTs. Comparing them in terms of skills regardless of their records is difficult too because each of them is amazing in his own way. The only significant aspect which makes all the difference between them, in my opinion, is their discipline towards recovery from their damned injuries.

To me & to many other Milan fans, Van Basten will always top the list because he is one of the team's legends, but that doesn't make Ronaldo any less than the great striker he is.

Oh BTW, I think you two (you know who you are) need to relax and take a deep breath. Discussion is interesting but take it easy on each other please ;)

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
gaizka22 said:
I said a rather pleasant discussion on the topic. The post you quoted was off topic. I see you haven't miss the knack of reporting the slightest disturbances that might hurt your over sensitive soul. How's your other nick?
What hurts my over sensitive soul are mods who are hypocrites and are obviously biased. :rolleyes:

O Fenomeno

Beginner
Reaction score
drucurl said:
Dear Italian Tsar,

Thanks a lot for editing my and others posts. You prevented a catastrophe (some spice/flavour to the debate) of epic proportions from being unleashed at R&B. From the bottom of my heart I'd like to thank you for censoring others and myself. It is good to witness the few brave stalwarts like yourself fight the prevaling moral decline of today's society. I am sure that your tireless efforts to make the world a better place by targeting and interfering with this one thread among many would quickly usher in the utopian environement that we all yearn for. Your being a beacon of justice and integrity has once again restored some measure of faith in the virtue of humanity and will no doubt inspire others to follow the honourable trail you have blazed and forevermore illuminated

Yours respectfully,
drucurl

Nice one. :tongue:

O Fenomeno

Beginner
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:

Well I believe you could understand why I asked you to keep your comments civilized.

Who are you? The board's police? :eek:

Dude, it's quite simple...I respond back to 'rubbish' posts that way it should be. Check my posts in this thread again, it doesn't contain any foul language against any of the posters but perhaps your reading comprehension is also lacking hence it appeared to you that I was insulting others....and that's quite ludicrous.

O Fenomeno

Beginner
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
And why do you feel the need to 'attack' their posts? Why can't you just use reasoning and arguments? You said "nothing wrong with that since most are ridiculuous really". Who are you to judge? People are free to express their opinion here as long as they don't use profanities.

My point is, we have a rather peaceful discussion here. It can be heated, which is nothing new but you suddenly jump in and create commotion is something that I noticed. Ive checked your posts history and mostly are aout Ronaldo so the feeling that other have that you are a Ronaldo groupie is quite justified, especially since you seem to have the urgency to attack all that disagree with you on Ronaldo.

God man, what is wrong with you?

Why attack their posts? because I wanna do so? You can't use reasoning dealing with posts that have no basis to begin with. People are free to express their opinions? cool but I'm also free to express my opinion on how i feel about their ridiculous opinions. You making no sense really and at the same contradicting yourself.

O Fenomeno

Beginner
Reaction score
vashil said:
if the question was ronaldo or van basten of milan!!!! then van basten... if ronaldo or van basten for football then ronaldo!!!

This is more logical and I agree with the notion of it.

Ronaldo belongs in the upper tier of all-time greats along with Pele, Maradona, and Johan. It's quite simple. Van Basten could never best Ronaldo and it's a blasphemy how this poll is turning out to be.

O Fenomeno

Beginner
Reaction score
Kyara said:
I've refrained from replying to this thread so far because I always find it a little unfair to bring in two players from completely different "periods" & ask which one is "better". There are so many angles to this comparison which makes it difficult to have a right or wrong answer. There will always be different opinions and there will always be people who have their own emotional attachment/bias towards one and that's okay, as long as we agree to disagree in the end ;)

As for me, my vote naturally goes to Van Basten. The man who made me, as many of you I'm sure, a Milan fan in the first place. I was way too young to understand whether we were playing a Serie A game or a CL semi final back in his days, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that what MVB was doing out there was not normal. Growing up being closer to my brothers, I played their games & watched their favourite football matches with them. Everytime my brother tuned in to a Milan game or watched recorded highlights, I would sit in front of the TV dumbfounded at the magic this man brought. One amazing goal after another; I became hooked to the game, the player & the team. And that's when the love story with Milan began.

I can officially say that the first deep wound I suffered from as a teenager ( :tongue: ) was his injury. It didn't make sense at the time. Everyone was telling me Van Basten was not going to play anymore but it was difficult to believe them. How could there be an end to this immense pleasure? Who was going to score now that he was gone? How are we supposed to watch the games & bear with the fact that he's not there?

The gap always existed until Sheva arrived (which hopefully explains my craziness over him to many of you :D). They are surely two differnet players & yet very similar in a way. But to me, Sheva was the only striker who brought the same joy Van Basten used to bring when watching the beautiful game.

Comparing him to Ronaldo is difficult as they played in different teams, different leagues & different NTs. Comparing them in terms of skills regardless of their records is difficult too because each of them is amazing in his own way. The only significant aspect which makes all the difference between them, in my opinion, is their discipline towards recovery from their damned injuries.

To me & to many other Milan fans, Van Basten will always top the list because he is one of the team's legends, but that doesn't make Ronaldo any less than the great striker he is.

Oh BTW, I think you two (you know who you are) need to relax and take a deep breath. Discussion is interesting but take it easy on each other please ;)

See even if I disagree with this post, i'd never attack it since it's reasonable and understandable why he picks Van Basten. On the other hand, rubbish posts don't need to be addressed, it deserve a similar rubbish post to discredit it. feel me?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Antonio Di Natale, Fabrizio Miccoli, Emre Belozoglu, Diego, Wayne Rooney
Marco Van Basten

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanoMichael said:
What hurts my over sensitive soul are mods who are hypocrites
749938.gif
and are obviously biased :cry:
524666.gif

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great posts OFeomeno but try using multiple quotes in one post (and only keep the relevant material so your posts don't take up the whole page). Oh and Kyara is a girl :D ......At first when I came here I couldn't understand the wanton hatred of R9 but it makes sense since Ronaldo spent most of his career as a thorn in the side of Milan and worse yet much of that time under the Inter badge. It's only reasonable I guess. But most will actually respect you if you show yourself to be a reasonable groupie. Try and not be confrontational and you will make friends with even the Ronaldo haters as I have with radio. (Btw are you mu good friend Blunt from goal.com ? ) Don't be too sensitive and have a sense of humor else you'll end up always going in circles like the choirboy a few posts ago :o

There are only a few Ronaldo fans here (and we're disparagingly referred to as groupies lol ) Soon you'll find out who they are. The most fanatical are myself and Ronaldo9. Peace.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
O Fenomeno said:
rubbish posts don't need to be addressed, it deserve a similar rubbish post to discredit it. feel me?
You certainly didn't take time out to read the rules, did you? You don't react to posts that you find offensive, mate. You report them to the mods. Now there.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We love you Milanomichael and we hope you'll get better

MilanoMichael said:
thumbsdownqq.gif

Sorry but I'm not into that kind of stuff.
I never said that. :o

Look son, I understand that you are a disturbed kid and that's ok because we're all here for you ok? No matter how stupid you sound, or how weak your jokes are, or even how hard you try to upset others we'll be right here, holding your hand helping you through it all.
p155.gif

Last edited:

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
drucurl said:

Look son, I understand that you are a disturbed kid and that's ok because we're all here for you ok? No matter how stupid you sound, or how weak your jokes are, or even how hard you try to upset others we'll be right here, holding your hand helping you through it all.
p155.gif

haha...well said drucurl ;)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
drucurl said:
Hmm, just like I never said the circled items?
3759avo8.jpg

2 wrongs don't make a right droolie. :o

p155.gif
Sure call me the disturbed one. I'm not the one telling everyone a sob story about "the girl that got away" because her family thought I was too black. LOL your story is fit for Dr. Phil or Oprah, not here. :o

We are sooo fired up !!! I saw Kaka blow past ronaldo yesterday in training Ronaldo does the 100 is approx 11s
eek_ani.gif

LOL, and you say I sound stupid? :o The only thing Fatso can do in 11s is finish off a pizza.

And no I don't talk out of my MilanoMichael :D
LOL, and you accuse me of weak jokes? :o

I'm done with this little game. I don't have time for immature little brats such as yourself and your fellow groupies.

PS- Marco van Basten over Ronaldo only when it comes to clubs+ability. Ronaldo over MVB in international terms+goals scored.

O Fenomeno

Beginner
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
You certainly didn't take time out to read the rules, did you? You don't react to posts that you find offensive, mate. You report them to the mods. Now there.

Who said i find them offensive. lool i'm tired of explaining myself..

let me put it this way, i'm attacking the post not the poster. there is no breaking rules here. I hope this is the last time that i have to explain myself.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
O Fenomeno said:
Who said i find them offensive. lool i'm tired of explaining myself..

let me put it this way, i'm attacking the post not the poster. there is no breaking rules here. I hope this is the last time that i have to explain myself.
If you continue with this attitude, it certainly will be.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Clayton, I guess I've to spell everything out for you ...

Never once did I say MVB's Dutch team was weak. They were a strong team then, but so were a lot of other teams ... the Germans, Italians and Argentineans, to be more specific. So, they were a less dominant national force, in comparison to what Ronaldo's Brazil was. Try to soak in the fact that they played in different eras, and so, there are a lot of factors that have to be taken into consideration ... like opponents, teammates, etc.

I still honestly think both MVB and Sheva would have scored more goals than Ronaldo in the WC had they played for the Brazilian side of 02 and 98. But what the heck ... thats just two months of football. Ronaldo's WC record reflects a cumulative of 3 months of football ... how about a longer period of time? Like his UCL record, for example? And don't tell me he hasn't had enough opportunity ... he just recently played with the defending champions ... or did he play? :rolleyes:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
O Fenomeno said:
See even if I disagree with this post, i'd never attack it since it's reasonable and understandable why he picks Van Basten
Actually it's a SHE :tongue:
O Fenomeno said:
On the other hand, rubbish posts don't need to be addressed, it deserve a similar rubbish post to discredit it. feel me?
You see, this is where we disagree with you. There's no such thing as a "rubbish" post. People have opinions & they have the right to express them just like you have the right to express yours. Like I said in my earlier post, there's no right or wrong answer. You started off in this thread with this post which is rather aggressive:
O Fenomeno said:
You are either stupid or ignorant to the fact that Ronaldo didn't just have those trophies in his cabinet, in majority if not all these tournaments he was the KEY player.

Think before you open up your mouth.
All we're asking you is to cool down a little since this kind of posts could stir unnecessary flames. On the other hand, interesting civilized discussions are always welcome.

You asked Gaizka if he's the boards police, well he's a mod and it's our job to make sure the boards are CLEAN ;)

MM & dru, stop the flames please. And I'm asking you nicely.

Last edited:

Schedule