Mattia Perin

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
One bad game means he is thrash, piece of shit and a flop in this stupid thread.

up-headbang.jpg

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he will cost more than 15 million . noway he is coming in for 10 million. Worth the gamble I guess but we are not going to spend that much money on him

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In my opinion he was one of the best. He did everything just like he should. He's got great playing abilities also. As whole reminds me alot of van der Saar.

1st goal, noone would save that, only with extreme luck,
2nd goal, he did everything right, had 50% chance of success, this time didnt make it. Good for us and for Honda.

I'd still give him at least 7.5 for his performance. Higher than anyone in defence at Genoa.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People want 21 year old GKs and other youngsters and expect them to perform week in week out on consistent basis. Wake up and decide what you want.

Perin had a fantastic season and dropped a bit in the last 2-3 games, and people are already saying no?

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
he is still realizing his potential it wouldn't be a good move for Milan or Perin to join now since his growth could lag and we really need someone experienced and proven at the highest level.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion he was one of the best. He did everything just like he should. He's got great playing abilities also. As whole reminds me alot of van der Saar.

1st goal, noone would save that, only with extreme luck,
2nd goal, he did everything right, had 50% chance of success, this time didnt make it. Good for us and for Honda.

I'd still give him at least 7.5 for his performance. Higher than anyone in defence at Genoa.

1. I have seen Buffon save that kind of shot so many times.
2. He went awful to cover Honda's shot.

The most problematic was that during the game 4 or 5 times his defenders passed him the ball with headers to get it but it seemed that he was chained on his line creating problems for Genoa.
He was the player that created more chances for Milan. It may have been his worse game for Genoa however he reminded me of Amelia yesterday.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I like to see GKs that stay on their line, so many goals are conceded because GKs leave their lines, this guy has good reflexes so its intelligent of him to stay on his line and defend the ball from the very last inch of passing through. A 1v1 situation would not be his fault, the defence should be expected to prevent such a case thats why I don't blame him for the 2nd goal but the first goal he was badly positioned and should have done better but its not something that's so grave that I would say he is not a good GK its expected of a player of his age.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Jivara,

I also prefer stay at home keepers and stay at home defenders, but if you have a team that plays with a high line, like we do, we need a keeper who can come out in space to mitigate the space difference between the keepers and the central defenders.

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Somebody catching it in the first place :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I assume you listen to metal, then...:devilcon::devilfir:

Wouldn't say it's my main genre, but I know it quite well! :D

Besides, can't play it :(

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Jivara,

I also prefer stay at home keepers and stay at home defenders, but if you have a team that plays with a high line, like we do, we need a keeper who can come out in space to mitigate the space difference between the keepers and the central defenders.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons why I don't think it's appropriate for us to sign him now (the main reason is that he is no ready).

I am assuming that we will try I play possession game in the opponents half for as long as possible so we will need a high defensive line as you have mentioned but finding the correct defenders for that system will be difficult and this will affect what kind of GK we should have since they are all part of the defensive entity of the team.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Agreed. This is one of the reasons why I don't think it's appropriate for us to sign him now (the main reason is that he is no ready).

I am assuming that we will try I play possession game in the opponents half for as long as possible so we will need a high defensive line as you have mentioned but finding the correct defenders for that system will be difficult and this will affect what kind of GK we should have since they are all part of the defensive entity of the team.

This is where we disagree completely. He has arguably been Serie A's best keeper this term, and I accept the mistakes as part of the learning process. Next year will be a true transitional year where we are in one competition, which means that we can truly go for it with youth.

I'd like to see our keeper depth chart next term as: Perin, Agazzi, Coppola

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
how many genoa games do you guys watch?

i haven't even noticed perin in the games against us.

i wonder if this perin hype is a milan fan thing.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Perin had 2 shots on his goal vs MIlan. 1st no one couldnt save that, on 2nd he did ok but Honda reacted well.

Along with Udinese gk that is really playing like hell Perin is the best young GK in serie a.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
how many genoa games do you guys watch?

i haven't even noticed perin in the games against us.

i wonder if this perin hype is a milan fan thing.

I have seen him play quite a bit with various teams. He's really, really good and will continue to grow. As I said, it's all about team playing style, from end to end. For the first time, I would actually like to see a total football structure adopted.

He's fast, great reflexes, and reads the game pretty well. Strengths are that he can be reckless and gamble because of his good recovery speed. He is one of the best keepers I have seen at coming off his line and challenging for the ball, which in a pressing system is vital.

One thing that cannot be overstated though is that he already is friends with SES and some of the other players. Synergy and chemistry is something that Milan has lacked recently with reports of dressing room cliques.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
This is where we disagree completely. He has arguably been Serie A's best keeper this term, and I accept the mistakes as part of the learning process. Next year will be a true transitional year where we are in one competition, which means that we can truly go for it with youth.

I'd like to see our keeper depth chart next term as: Perin, Agazzi, Coppola

That's a huge upgrade over what we currently have so I wouldn't be angry if it did happen and it should settle things in that position for a good 7-10 years.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
perin > scuffet

scuffet is 4 years younger so consider that too.

as much i have seen perin(6-7 games ) i cant justify the hype around him.yes he is a good young keeper but nothing really special.

if we compare him to courtois and ter stegen who are about his age i can say he is 1 or 2 classes below them.

anyway imo if he is going to be valued above 10m , its not worthy to go after him.better stay and gamble on gabriel and spend that money to reinforce another department.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Stegen is in another class than both of them. The ratio that I like most is saves:goals conceded, and Stegen just dominates. Perin and Courtois are within 10% of each other.

Perin: 2.66
Courtois: 2.80
Stegen: 3.41

What bothers me is that people talk about how few goals Thibault has conceded, but he has only saved 56 this term. He benefits from being on a great team.

BTW...
Abbiatti: 2.29
*Gabriel: 1.6
*Scuffet: 2.83

*Not a significant sample size

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think its pretty clear we need a keeper for the future. Perin can rotate with Abbiati against smaller sides at least.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Was bored tonight. Here are some of the keepers to whom we have been linked and elite keepers as a baseline. Note that Scuffet and Gabriel are below 1000 minutes, so take those numbers with a bit of a grain of salt.

I knew there was a reason that I never liked Kruhl.

1085rm0.png

Recognize that it's not a complete picture, but it's a good launching point

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Was bored tonight. Here are some of the keepers to whom we have been linked and elite keepers as a baseline. Note that Scuffet and Gabriel are below 1000 minutes, so take those numbers with a bit of a grain of salt.

1085rm0.png

Interesting :thumbsup:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

1085rm0.png

:thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

1085rm0.png

Interesting enough, Agazzi is the worst. Perin is acceptable.

I trust your presentation more than this one.

GK-Infographic.jpg

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They are from different seasons.. Agazzi was shocking this year but had a good season last year.

Scuffet tho, the ultimate dream <3

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
What really surprised me is that Perin is within 5.5% of Courtois.

Obviously the ratio isn't a be-all and end-all stat, but as far as I'm concerned, it does the best job of cancelling out a lot of the noise that goes into goalkeeper statistics, namely counting stats. Courtois, Neuer, and Buffon have seen significantly fewer shots, so it is only natural to have fewer saves and fewer goals conceded.

Schedule