The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
will Rino bring back this guy?

DQAAfDNVoAAb0py.jpg

Regna terrae, cantata Deo, psallite Cernunnos,
Regna terrae, cantata Dea psallite Aradia.
caeli Deus, Deus terrae,
Humiliter majestati gloriae tuae supplicamus
Ut ab omni infernalium spirituum potestate,
Laqueo, and deceptione nequitia,
Omnis fallaciae, libera nos, dominates.
Exorcizamus you omnis immundus spiritus
Omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio,
Infernalis adversarii, omnis legio,
Omnis and congregatio secta diabolica.
Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, dominates,
Ut coven tuam secura tibi libertate servire facias,
Te rogamus, audi nos!
Ut inimicos sanctae circulae humiliare digneris,
Te rogamus, audi nos!
Terribilis Deus Sanctuario suo,
Cernunnos ipse truderit virtutem plebi Suae,
Aradia ipse fortitudinem plebi Suae.

Benedictus Deus, Gloria Patri,

Benedictus Dea, Matri gloria!

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
:thumbsup:

Also, sell Romagnoli and bring back Thiago Silva. Zlatan might want to join too. Man, what a combo that would be.

wouldn't mind Mexes too

Don't stop there. Rino player/coach; Ronaldinho for that painfully needed creativity on the left flank - can we loan Beckham for half a season again? People, we need to evaluate all options!

lol Calhanoglu is probably injured... i dont think we are selling him yet.
Btw, i dont follow turkish league/clubs,... but do they really spend 24m on players? The article says we put him for sale for that price. I call bs news.
If by any chance thats true, i would sell him instantly for that money... i do believe he will get better and he has potential, but so far his play is amateur. His first touch is so good that he controls 1/10 balls that come in his way... no wonder our players dont want to pass it to him.....and thats exactly why ppl think he needs to be more involved :D

I could've seen it as a possibility back when foreigner rules were more restrictive but last time I checked they eased up heavily on that and with that, Turkish players aren't as valuable.

Maybe they changed the rules again, then it could totally be possible.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hakan, bona and maybe kalinic would see our coffers full with money

we need one cam and one lw/ss

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I’d be happy to sell Hakan and sign Forsberg for 35-40m and give him the number 10 shirt. He is all class.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
If we have a club who will pay for Hakan sell A.S.A.P cut him loose. Anyone lament Bryan Cristante not getting more game time when he was still with us. It would have given the club €24m to spend where needed and he is a much better player than Hakan.

As of January we need to get rid of Hakan and Kalinic. Get a legit #9 and an effective LW. However with Gattuso holding the reigns as care-taker we will play differently it will be rough, gritty and wont be easy on the eye.

One can only hope the club can start turning things around as soon as possible.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we have a club who will pay for Hakan sell A.S.A.P cut him loose. Anyone lament Bryan Cristante not getting more game time when he was still with us. It would have given the club €24m to spend where needed and he is a much better player than Hakan.

Or track record for developing our youngsters is utter shit.

We always blame the players for not being "good enough". But Auba, Darmian and Cristante would beg to disagree.

Watch us play around with Locatelli, Donna and Crutone some more and let them go to a different club. :(

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

We always blame the players for not being "good enough". But Auba, Darmian and Cristante would beg to disagree.

Watch us play around with Locatelli, Donna and Crutone some more and let them go to a different club. :(

:thumbsup:
Very aptly put. It is a great shame we are so poor at helping young players prosper and grow into better players. Just one more thing to change about the club our youth development needs some serious improvement.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's not us that hamper the development but the situation we're in. We're a big club with big expectations regardless of how bad the squad is. Young players simply won't develop in such a situation unless they're a complete phenom like Donnarumma.

You see guys like Auba or Darmian develop elsewhere with much less pressure and expectation, it's only logical.

I don't think there's a way to change that to be honest because our expectations will and should not change.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Darmian and Cristante needed a lot of time, they would have failed to make the break thru at most bigger clubs in my opinion, some players need to start on a lower level.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not us that hamper the development but the situation we're in. We're a big club with big expectations regardless of how bad the squad is. Young players simply won't develop in such a situation unless they're a complete phenom like Donnarumma.

You see guys like Auba or Darmian develop elsewhere with much less pressure and expectation, it's only logical.

I don't think there's a way to change that to be honest because our expectations will and should not change.

Totally... its easy to add youngsters to the team that is already good and has a working system. In that case you dont put too much pressure on them because the other 10 players are already good enough to win on their own.

In our case, we dont have anything that is working out atm, and when we add a youngster, we cross our fingers and hope we got a hero that will drag us out of the situation... total crap circumstances for a youngster

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Darmian and Cristante needed a lot of time, they would have failed to make the break thru at most bigger clubs in my opinion, some players need to start on a lower level.

Totally... its easy to add youngsters to the team that is already good and has a working system. In that case you dont put too much pressure on them because the other 10 players are already good enough to win on their own.

In our case, we dont have anything that is working out atm, and when we add a youngster, we cross our fingers and hope we got a hero that will drag us out of the situation... total crap circumstances for a youngster

I'm not suggesting the club are entirely to blame and yes players do need time to develop all three of ye make excellent points. And this whole subject is kind of a grey area it can go either way for various reasons.

We expect too much too soon and apply way too much pressure derailing their development. We are too impatient to wait for the player/s to develop and give up on them. Another issue is you will see a player (playing like crap I.E Muntari) getting game time instead of a young prospect. Imagine how frustrating this is as a young player.

Another issue is the bad decision making regarding loan spells. For Example if we had the right network of clubs (the right clubs in Italy and Europe) where young players can develop properly and do dry loans (only dry loans - no option to buy etc) on the best prospects the players we truly believe in we hold onto.

This way they too have the responsibility of making the most of the situation - the club has given them the platform and confidence to progress with a club where they can get regular playing time and prove they can play a role for Milan in the future.

It is never that simple or easy. I am just of the opinion we tend to write some players off too soon and end up regretting it when they find form with another club.

Other times we hold onto players who offer very little for far too long, or buy players who prove worthless and hold onto them too long. :lol:

It is a mind fuck the game of football. ;)

Last edited:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

Back then, Auba has to compete with Inzaghi, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho. There's literally no room for him. He got his chance as a loanee, but still, he didn't bloom yet.

Cristante is good. But he wanted to leave Milan, instead of being patient. His Benfica spell also a failure.

There's a lot of Milan youngsters turns out to be a late bloomer. Only Simone Verdi has the gut to say "i wasn't ready back then". Milan can't wait for them, unfortunately

In 2-3 yrs. Maybe (Just Maybe) Niang finally get a little smarter infield and actually performs good every week. would you guys say that he didn't get enough chances? I dare you, some of you will.

The best way to groom this talent is by using a sister club. Barcelona B & Madrid B are a good example.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
(...)
Another issue is the bad decision making regarding loan spells. For Example if we had the right network of clubs (the right clubs in Italy and Europe) where young players can develop properly and do dry loans (only dry loans - no option to buy etc) on the best prospects the players we truly believe in we hold onto.

This way they too have the responsibility of making the most of the situation - the club has given them the platform and confidence to progress with a club where they can get regular playing time and prove they can play a role for Milan in the future.

It is never that simple or easy. I am just of the opinion we tend to write some players off too soon and end up regretting it when they find form with another club.

(...)

This:star:
Our youth is far from bad and we make not enough from it, there a loads of players in all age groups in the Serie A who came thru our system.
The idea of building a network is the right idea :thumbs: here and for most talents it´s better than trying to grow them in the first team.

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
damn, once we were a club to give players a GOAT career, now we're breaking their careers and sendin them to turkey :( sad. If they sell Locatelli i'm gonna be pissed, cause his ceiling is much higher than Cristante's. Srsly I hope the management makes sure that guys like him are confident about their future and dont leave. But hey, we have :monto: :fp:

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Also, why are we already selling everyone? All our purchases underperformed. That should be a hint that its not about players, but why? All the transfer gurus are around.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
summer 2018

Conte as headcoach
Gattuso as assistant coach
kaka as good cop

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting the club are entirely to blame and yes players do need time to develop all three of ye make excellent points. And this whole subject is kind of a grey area it can go either way for various reasons.

We expect too much too soon and apply way too much pressure derailing their development. We are too impatient to wait for the player/s to develop and give up on them. Another issue is you will see a player (playing like crap I.E Muntari) getting game time instead of a young prospect. Imagine how frustrating this is as a young player.

Other times we hold onto players who offer very little for far too long, or buy players who prove worthless and hold onto them too long. :lol:

It is a mind fuck the game of football. ;)

Yeah, you have some great points :thumbsup:

It just feels bad that other teams can create 10-20-30m out of nothing, and if we want to make same money, we need to sell our good players.

Juve won with 10 players against a team ( i dont even remember which team) and scored 3-4 goals... wtf. Next time, put 10 players + some young guy and with 3-4 goals lead, do similar thing 2-3 more times and boom ,you got yourself a 20m worth player... its so easy for them, no need to mention Real M. or other teams.
And how do we do that? We play Locatelli against Rijeka, draw... against serie A noname draw...
You are right we hold onto players too long sometimes, and sometimes we write them off too early... but how does it feel knowing Loca would be 15-30m player if he was in Barca, Real, even Juve.
Sometimes its hard to make a valid point with poor word spectre

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
summer 2018

Conte as headcoach
Gattuso as assistant coach
kaka as good cop

Jose Marí as head of fitness training.
Boriello as style consultant.

This has potential.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, you have some great points :thumbsup:

It just feels bad that other teams can create 10-20-30m out of nothing, and if we want to make same money, we need to sell our good players.

Juve won with 10 players against a team ( i dont even remember which team) and scored 3-4 goals... wtf. Next time, put 10 players + some young guy and with 3-4 goals lead, do similar thing 2-3 more times and boom ,you got yourself a 20m worth player... its so easy for them, no need to mention Real M. or other teams.
And how do we do that? We play Locatelli against Rijeka, draw... against serie A noname draw...
You are right we hold onto players too long sometimes, and sometimes we write them off too early... but how does it feel knowing Loca would be 15-30m player if he was in Barca, Real, even Juve.
Sometimes its hard to make a valid point with poor word spectre

Rotation is the key and for those who clearly are not ready to challenge for a first team birth you loan them out to clubs where the expectations are lower but there is the opportunity to impress and enable players to stamp their own personality on the team.

Loca will do well but he needs more playing time in terms of rotation every time he plays he is so determined on making an impression he makes mistakes. It is about keeping the players calm with clear goals and objectives only then can they truly fulfil their plausible potential.(should they have the potential)

calm and collect is good, frantic, angry and frustrated is not they need to channel their progress otherwise they will struggle and take longer to develop.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

We still could have done something like what Barca is doing -> always place a buyback option or insert a % of future resale.

But we tend to buy a lot of hot prospects for good money and let them go cheap.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
God bless Galliani but I would never expect him to make a deal involving buyback or resale % :lol: Just not his style, he's too oldschool for that.

Buyback and resale should be incorporated with all highly rated youngsters, that's definitely a good idea. But hands off Loca and Cutrone, those two need to stay with us at all cost. They are very far skill wise for their age and they have so much passion.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
After watching todays game I wonder - maybe it's not a bad idea to have Kaka play again.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it's an upgrade from jack-ass and fraudogu

It's not just Jack and Hakan, I feel like every player plays way behind their ability.

They're all lethargic, without ideas and just mentally blocked in the worst way possible. No idea how to solve that issue tough, I am not a world class coach.

Oh, except Montolivo, he is just as bad as we all expected.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
It's not just Jack and Hakan, I feel like every player plays way behind their ability.

They're all lethargic, without ideas and just mentally blocked in the worst way possible. No idea how to solve that issue tough, I am not a world class coach.

Oh, except Montolivo, he is just as bad as we all expected.
true, but remember
atleast we sacrificed for future rich club owners :cool:
the lesson is:never spend much money on many players during the first mercato

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think it's necessarily bad to spend big in any mercato, first, second, third, etc but there is no guarantee that things will work out.

Who would've thought that Borini would be our best performer in relation to fee paid? Probably our resident Borini fanboy :lol: but that's it.

Also fit clearly should be the most important criterium. I can understand why they followed to impulse to buy Bonucci when he was available but those transfers are incredibly risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.