AC MILAN v GLASGOW CELTIC

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
To describe the game against Celtic I would say something like this – calm and confident display from Milan at the first half, with good ball possession and combinative football, trying play with the ball till the end, making last shot only from dangerous spots. That’s tactic (by the way I wrote that it is very important not to give Celtic to control the ball) gave winning result after first half. Perhaps, there were only three really dangerous moment from Milan but at the same time all three were really scoring opportunities one of which Sheva have used. At another side there wasn’t any chance for Celtic to score and only one shot from green and white.

What has happened at the second time???? I think Ancelotti shouldn’t be under the light of glory due to two occasional goals. (Though I was absolute exciting after Insight’s goal, on the pitch there are 22 men and can surely happens everything - even wood stick shots one’s in the year).

What has happened? Milan decided to play defensive, has gave initiative to Celtic and I think I shouldn’t remind that Celtic is attacking minded team if they control the ball they will score without doubts. Twice it had to make Kamara (I forgot in my last post to say that playing for “Wulfs” he already got the fame of the “waster” so something similar he has with Inzaghi too)
then there were a couple free kicks from Celtic and then absolute logical and deserved goal.

Again we watched Milan which went missing in the game, a couple wasted passes and no creativity and desire. I don’t understand why Ancelotti always wait so long to make substitutions, why Ambrosini with Rui came only after 70 minutes was played???? What has Rui costa did wrong - in last games and during “friendlies”. He looked pretty good in the games he played. Now surely I have to write about Pippo. Ye, I admit that was very happy after his goal. But to say that he is an absolute hero!?? No, there is not any reasons. Milan didn’t show good performance after goal conceding, no game, no chances. Besides, Inzaghi has to give (and he did it in media already) a big THANKS too Rui costa and Sheva for the set up, for this ideally pass Sheva makes.
What has done Inzaghi during the game – nothing – a couple diving, ball loses – two only TWO accurate passes and ye - and goal, it can be two times the wining one, but it doesn’t make him a hero or something. Should he missed this opportunity then what!??? I repeat again in all this two big trophies there are not a lot of input and services from Inzaghi – but this is another story, perhaps, later.
Now I wait from Ancelotti a lot of things to do and to improve. Firstly and most important - form recovery of Crespo and Tomasson fitness, though as for Tomasson I think it will be only at the end of October he get his top conditions always slowly.
But now there is always Inzaghi and the hope that - even wood stick shots one’s in the year.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I'm very relieved we got away with 3 points, yet not at all relieved about the performance ... Yesterday our midfield was invisible, especially in the first half, whereas the defense was incredibly shaky and commited many mistakes that weren't (thank God) translated to goals by Celtic ...
I don't wanna repeat the stuff I said after the past few games, 'cause I can see that not much has changed ... But it's worthy of mention that I'm happy for Pippo for scoring such an important goal :) And I'm happy for Sheva being the man of the match, scoring and assisting goals, grazie Sheva!

I still believe, however, that luck played a big part in the victory ...

FORZA MILAN!!!
FORZA SHEVA!!!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
percik said:
What has done Inzaghi during the game
What has he done during his 15 minutes on the pitch.. good question...

He did what Sheva + JDT were unable to produce in their 90 or 75 min on the pitch: score the winner :devilfuc:

percik said:
Should he missed this opportunity then what!???
Then he would have done what JDT + any other striker incl. Sheva does all the time... But rest assured he would have converted the next chance. 100%. We talk about one of the most brilliant 6yrd strikers after all.

percik said:
I repeat again in all this two big trophies there are not a lot of input and services from Inzaghi
Maybe you were told that if you repeat bullshit often enough people will eventually buy into it.. Spare yourself the waste of time + effort.

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Maybe you were told that if you repeat bullshit often enough people will eventually buy into it.. Spare yourself the waste of time + effort.

Sometimes I do not understand you Passion – You have so many times told me – “not to answer on and to ignore my “bullshit” about Pippo that is without any grounds and reasons” that I have made happily conclusions to be relieved at last from you emotional gestures in the name of Pippos virginal honor and dignity.

But no!
Here we are again!!! There is Passion for number 9!!! It is pretty pity that Brocci didn’t change with Pippo his jersey number!!! (while Pippo was taking some enema (or clysters) in the hospital cause of the lack of self-confidence by finishing great scoring chances).

I am getting really step by step tired by this causeless stuff contended that he is some sort of the best, was he really such one he wouldn’t be never sold by Juve, considering surely that Tresegue is loser and waster. Though Treze-goal is Trese-GOAl.

You and other like you (who sitting in their rooms only can dreaming about Pippo’s fantastic movements, his honor and much more other pretty attributes…………….. of his personality) can and without doubts should blame me should use this funny icons with pretty gestures and call me Pippo basher.

But the truth is that I am not absolute such one I don’t recognize Pippo as top class striker but at the same time I think he is some sort of good finishing striker and about that I wrote many times (surely if you read and I guess you did it in my posts) but the problem is - that at this moment and with such playing stile of Milan’s and Milan’s squad he is not the best option and cannot be considered as first team striker and making bet on him Ancelotti will make a big mistake, though it seems that he understand it. I wrote about Milan in generally and about other players (surely about my issues on Pippo you make more attention), I like Milan I like its tradition and history though Pippo’s transfer is in my black list, I like other football clubs and participate in other clubs forums but Milan is Milan I like it too much and with Pippo’s retirement I hope still remaining in the forum I like may be I will became something like primavera player status.

But anyway – Passion for number (Brocci can only dream about) – I tell you again and hope this time - last time if you want to discuss really serious this problem - ok let’s begin but only with reasons and grounds, historical, statistical and other arguments and not only with you pretty girls emotions and crying. I really wish I would have a little bit more time then I would write a very long Pipposstory but maybe later.

I wish Pippo many goals and hope he will do it and will be useful for Milan but only as a perhaps joker not as first team striker!!! But if he does again his diving, wastes his chances and other annoying Pippo’s things on the pitch playing not for team but for himself, he will surely get again a couple reports from me.

P.s. and Passion I wrote and write my posts not only for you but maybe for others too, maybe only for one for me especial member of the forum, maybe for., maybe

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're a bit deluded, percik. Obsessed too. And probably drunk. But keep writing if you have nothing better to do, I find your outpourings more + more amusing.

:jump: F O R Z A

S U P E R P I P P O :jump:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I couldn't be happier! Milan won yesturday and today is my b-day!
Great win...I still believe we have lots of better things to give before the last 2 minutes, the defense still lacks of confidence, and the midfield in the second half disappear, Rui Costa should have enter way before.
I'm very happy for Pippo, I celebrated his goal with all my heart, and I hpe he continues that way. He is still not ready for the first team, but if regularity continues, he will be, and his other fellow strickers don't start scoring, he will be in the first 11.
The next game will be great...we have to win, so we can get the first place, I really wanna see how Barcelona plays against us.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I glad we won, but I'd be happeier is we didn't play for 45 minutes, mill around for the next 45 mintes, then play well for 5 more. We should have killed off Celtic in the 1st half, but didn't and looked exposed a couple times in the 2nd. Thanks to Pippo for the slickest of tiny toe pokes and Thompson for finally putting his head to good use and scoring for us. I'll take 2-0 to start the CL. Now let's keep the ball rolling vs. Reggina

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Does anybody know the attendance number.....it says 50,000 on soccernet.com but i dont think there were 40,000 empty seats when i was watchin the match.

Does anybody know the official number and where i can see it??

\Cheers

THE MALDINESTA

Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
great game at first half,and dying minutes
but we're lucky,for getting three point out of it
the only strange moment were when Chris Sutton marked Nesta,and tried to push him away from the ball.has he switch position to become defender instead of his own role as striker?

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
you guys have already said everything about this match ... all of what i agree + disagree with :cool:

my contribution ... having watched it live in sansiro ... is i have never seen another lot of foreign supporters like celtic's ones in my whole life: in terms of number (i think there were at least 6/8,000 of them), in terms of affection (always chanting + cheering up the team), in terms of volume.

my tribute + congratulations go to them!

Reaction score
Ciao Celtic Welcome Barsa

Guys,girls Whom Love The Red&black I Want To Tell You That I Am Always Love To Watch Milan Games You Know Why Not Bez I Love Them Or Like Them Or Support Them But Bez When You Watch Milan Playing No Matter Whom Are Playing Just The Name Of The Club You Will Say I Must Or Should Or Have To Watch Something Called Soccer In The World .

If I Were Not Supporting A C Milan , I Would Love To Be One Of Them .

Forza Milan

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
I am surprised with the criticism on SuperPippo.Percik, my post in not meant to start a personal arguement with you once again, but mate now that Pippo is back in full fitness and goal scoring form this anti-Pippo theory will not work any more.

Nothing more to say.

Forza SuperPippo Per Sempre! :devilsmo: :devilton:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
unrossonero said:
you are not serious, omer, are you? ;)

ah! i was playing around a lil bit :eek:

the criticism on SuperPippo isn't new from Percik but this time it makes absolutely no sense.

Its non-factual, for instance:

Should he missed this opportunity then what!???

:conf: ... :tongue:

Reaction score
IMO, all three players (rui costa,sheva,pippo) worked hard in that build-up for the second goal..

rui costa with that wonderful pass to sheva.. if you see it carefully, there was a defender who made a tackle in front of rui costa just before that pass, but he still managed to pass the ball to sheva..

and then sheva made a good run from the right flank into celtic's penalty box with a defender chasing after him.. before making a low-cross to pippo..

in pippo's part, he managed to get in front of his marker to score the goal.. it wasn't that easy though as he started his run into the penalty box later than his marker, but managed to get a lil' bit in front of his marker in the end to tap the ball into the net..

so, it's silly to say harsh things to pippo as he worked just as hard as sheva & rui costa in that build up for the goal..

but you've gotta give full credits to rui costa though for that superb pass to sheva..