Carlo Ancelotti Thread

So, should Mourinho come to Milan?

• Total voters

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BERLUSCONI: 'Confident in Ancelotti's side'
9/30/2005
MILAN - La Gazzetta dello Sport then reported what president Silvio Berlusconi had to say when he was at the fashion and sport evening: 'The championship is long, Inter are the playing at the moment... they are doing well. As for Milan, I am very confident in the players and in Ancelotti who will stay with the side until the end of the season.' Then he confirmed the special relationship with Andriy Shevchenko who was also present at the event: 'I cuddle him this evening but I cuddle him each time I see him.'

[Source: ACMilan.com]

:conf: :rolleyes: :head:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This goes in the "Huh?" category. From foxsoccer.com:

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has dismissed rumours that coach Carlo Ancelotti will be leaving to take charge of Real Madrid next season.

Reports in Spain had linked the coach with a move to the Spanish capital as a replacement for Wanderley Luxemburgo, who is under contract with the Meringue outfit until June 2006.

However Galliani has told Milan's official club website: "Ancelotti has a contract until 2007 and he will respect it."

However, Ancelotti's future at the club had been under question following Milan's mediocre start to the campaign, with the Rossoneri five points adrift of Serie A leaders Juventus with six games played.

Club owner Silvio Berlusconi recently stated that Ancelotti would stay at the club "until the end of the season" but made no mention whether the coach would be allowed to complete his contract.

As for Ancelotti, he has spoken of his wish to extend his current deal with the Italian giants, but much will depend on Milan's season.

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well I wont be surprise if Ancelotti is being fired before the end of the season.
I will say that he is not doing his job well atm. Firstly he make headlines on the news quarreling with Sheva before the start of the season, and we are lucky that Sheva is still loyal to Milan. Secondly, why did Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi got to make so much decision on the team tactic and who to field?
Is it really Berlusconi's fault? or is it because Ancelotti have promise the board something if he use a certain tactic and have fail to impress them after trying his tactics, and the board lose faith in him, yet decide to give him a chance due to his loyalty?

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GALLIANI: 'Ancelotti at least until 2007’
10/10/2005
URBINO – Adriano Galliani took the opportunity to once again confirm his confidence in Carlo Ancelotti during the award of Arrigo Sacchi’s honorary degree: ‘Milan are willing to keep Ancelotti until the end of the contract, which expires on June 30, 2007. To me, it goes without saying that Ancelotti will sit on the Rossoneri’s bench until that date.’ Galliani then praised Arrigo Sacchi, who received an honorary degree in Urbino: ‘The conferment of this degree is the best thing that the Urbino University could have done for what Sacchi has given to soccer and for what he represents for this world.’

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Ancelotti fancies Italian job

Ancelotti fancies Italian job
14.10 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has expressed an interest in one day becoming the Italian national Coach.

Although the tactician intends to see out his contract which expires in 2007, he is thinking about his long term future.

"I still have the same stimulus inside of me which I have always had," Ancelotti told Studio Sport on Thursday.

"I have a lot of objectives to achieve, many of them at the highest level in an environment which I am happy in.

"My target is to carry on with this club but then take on another challenge when I do leave Milan.

"The Italian national team? I would like that a lot."

The San Siro giants recently rubbished claims that Ancelotti would be heading for the exit at the end of this season.

Chief Adriano Galliani publicly declared that the club legend would remain for at least another two seasons.

However, there is now the possibility that he could leave sooner if the Azzurri post became vacant next year.

Current Nazionale boss Marcello Lippi is only tied to the Federation until the summer of 2006.

Should Lippi’s Italy flop at the German World Cup Finals then Ancelotti would certainly be in the frame to take over.

Meanwhile, the former midfielder is confident that Milan’s sluggish start to the campaign has been forgotten.

"After a difficult start the side has begun to mirror last term’s performances," Ancelotti added.

"I’m very optimistic. Some important players are finding their form again, while others like Christian Vieri and Alberto Gilardino are on the right path."

Both players scored for Italy in last night’s 2-1 win over Moldova at Lecce.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Ancelotti: Best Match Of The Season

Despite the goalless draw against PSV Eindhoven, Carlo Ancelotti was more than satisfied with his team’s performance.

Milan were unable to break through the Dutch defence on Wednesday night and this resulted in PSV holding on to a precious 0-0 which leaves the group still wide open for any solution. This, however, did not disappoint Ancelotti who was still pleased with how his side played, especially in the second half.

“The team played well, surely the best match of the season, but unfortunately we were unable to finish the huge number of work produced. However I must say that in the first half we centred too much our game, but in the second half we did better. We never risked anything.”

goal.com

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Now i want Marco van Basten as our new coach.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
17-und-4 said:
Now i want Marco van Basten as our new coach.

and i wan't

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanist said:
He needs some coaching experience first.

Van Basten Lead Holand in Germany

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
DugiNesta said:
Van Basten Lead Holand in Germany

Yup, and I think it's his debut as a coach. Just picture how good he'll be after some more experience.

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Van Basten does a really great job with Holland.
He plays a very offensive game and he has success with it.
After the world cup in Germany he should be a our coach.
I would be very happy with him!!!

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
No matter how good any coach is at managing other team
We won't know if he is suited for the milan job
Until he actually gets here and starts coaching

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
he is so lucky that our players are so talented... it allows him to hang onto his job.. he takes credit for their work. :head:

even with all our winning he still looks close to getting fired! that tells us something!!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
SempreRossoNero said:
he is so lucky that our players are so talented... it allows him to hang onto his job.. he takes credit for their work. :head:
You see, that's the most unfair statement towards a coach.
Yeah, he hasn't been doing things the right way lately, at least the way some of us want. But the victories of our team are also due to him, as well as our defeat haven't been just his fault. This is a team.
I just hate when people say: They won because of the players(and no one remembers the coach or the people that pay the players). And when they lose the scape goat is the coach, while maybe, the defeat was due to a distraction, the lazyness, the lack of ability, or the lack of heart the players showed on the field.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
You see, that's the most unfair statement towards a coach.
Yeah, he hasn't been doing things the right way lately, at least the way some of us want. But the victories of our team are also due to him, as well as our defeat haven't been just his fault. This is a team.
I just hate when people say: They won because of the players(and no one remembers the coach or the people that pay the players). And when they lose the scape goat is the coach, while maybe, the defeat was due to a distraction, the lazyness, the lack of ability, or the lack of heart the players showed on the field.
a better coach wouldnt have lost with a team like that against liverpool. i victories, in my opinion, are a result of the team being able to overcome his terrible coaching decisions. it doesnt take a genius to win with sheva and maldini on the field. berlusconi is one of the people that pays the players and people will remember him for bringing milan back to prestige so the non-player participants do get credit when they earn it. i havent seen ancelotti ever do anything spectacular besides lose a 3-0 lead to a mediocre team in the CL final. for all of his mistakes just see the CL final thread. i can never forgive him for that. and i also blame him for some of the times when players have a 'lack of heart' as he isnt known as a motivator or team uniter.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
SempreRossoNero said:
a better coach wouldnt have lost with a team like that against liverpool. i victories, in my opinion, are a result of the team being able to overcome his terrible coaching decisions. it doesnt take a genius to win with sheva and maldini on the field. berlusconi is one of the people that pays the players and people will remember him for bringing milan back to prestige so the non-player participants do get credit when they earn it. i havent seen ancelotti ever do anything spectacular besides lose a 3-0 lead to a mediocre team in the CL final. for all of his mistakes just see the CL final thread. i can never forgive him for that. and i also blame him for some of the times when players have a 'lack of heart' as he isnt known as a motivator or team uniter.

First of all: Remember the other team also plays. That mediocre team, got motivate. I also think is incredible that we lost a 3-0 advantage...but to blame it all on the coach? Where was the attitude of our players that day at the second half for those 6 minutes?
What else can he do to motivate players that get paid millions of dollars a week? Many of these players(with obvious exceptions) play well when they feel to, but you can't bench them because they'll bitch about it. The 'lack of heart' is the players fault.
When a team loses, is everyone that can be blame. I can't blame Ancelotti if Gatusso gave the ball away, or if Stam stayed static during a corner kick. As well, I can't blame the players if Ancelotti decides to play with three defenders, in a game that didn't require that.
If we don't win anything this year, then yes, good-bye Carlo(or if we hit a deep deep crisis). But is ridicule to blame it all on the coach when the players have their BIG share of responsability on the field.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
First of all: Remember the other team also plays. That mediocre team, got motivate. I also think is incredible that we lost a 3-0 advantage...but to blame it all on the coach? Where was the attitude of our players that day at the second half for those 6 minutes?
What else can he do to motivate players that get paid millions of dollars a week? Many of these players(with obvious exceptions) play well when they feel to, but you can't bench them because they'll bitch about it. The 'lack of heart' is the players fault.
When a team loses, is everyone that can be blame. I can't blame Ancelotti if Gatusso gave the ball away, or if Stam stayed static during a corner kick. As well, I can't blame the players if Ancelotti decides to play with three defenders, in a game that didn't require that.
If we don't win anything this year, then yes, good-bye Carlo(or if we hit a deep deep crisis). But is ridicule to blame it all on the coach when the players have their BIG share of responsability on the field.

Good post! Well said

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
Demerio said:
I dont want a discussion any more of this guy...I WANT HIM OUT!!!
i think like you.He gave everything and now it`s time for change:rolleyes:

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
if you want to be so concentrated on players attitudes during 6 minutes, then maybe you should think about ancelottis responsibility to recognize those attitudes and do something to prevent them from wrecking the game.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
SempreRossoNero said:
if you want to be so concentrated on players attitudes during 6 minutes, then maybe you should think about ancelottis responsibility to recognize those attitudes and do something to prevent them from wrecking the game.

As I said before, what else can he do? They get millions of dollars paid per week, that's enough to get a good attitude towards a game. :o The only thing a coach can do there is to tell the players to keep on fighting for the resut to end; on the field is the players desicion to demonstrat it or not.

My point is: bad results aren't due only cause of the coach fault; the players have(to some point) the biggest responsability.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
As I said before, what else can he do? They get millions of dollars paid per week, that's enough to get a good attitude towards a game. :o The only thing a coach can do there is to tell the players to keep on fighting for the resut to end; on the field is the players desicion to demonstrat it or not.

My point is: bad results aren't due only cause of the coach fault; the players have(to some point) the biggest responsability.
True, Ancelotti is doing his job fine.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
milanist said:
True, Ancelotti is doing his job fine.

Well he could do better(much better), but what's going on with the team is not only his fault.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sacchi Rebuffs Ancelotti To Real Claims
10/28/2005 7:35:00 AM
The former Italian national team coach denied any possibility that the Milan coach could join the Galacticos.
Arrigo Sacchi has put the word end on the recent rumours linking Carlo Ancelotti to Real Madrid, as the General Director of the Merengues also praised the former Juve coach for the work done with the Rossoneri.

“Him at Real? I think it’s easier that I return to Italy. Carlo is a great coach and would do well anywhere. At Istanbul he had the bad luck of playing very well. When one has great technical qualities, at times luck takes something away.”

[Source: Goal.com]

:D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand why people keep calling for Carlo's head on a stick. Until he really screws up Milan in some huge way, I'll continue to be one of his defenders. I salute the Milan brass for not sacking him after last season. Had we lost the CL final anyway but not in such devastating fashion, I wonder if opinions would be different. Plus, a team can't win everydamnthing every single season, especially since the level of competition seems to be higher than ever.

To blame Carletto for the CL final result is just plain wrong. Losses are not always the fault of the coach. He diagrams the plays and it's up to the players to carry them out on the pitch, but he shouldn't have to babysit them every second, as they are professionals. Sadly, coaching is the most thankless occupation in sports. Heck, Rafael Benitez would likely be facing the chopping block right now if defending champs Liverpool, weak in the EPL, weren't doing so well right now in Europe.