Official: Stefano Pioli Thread

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I'm afraid I'm going to have to hard pass there.

Giampaolo got fired at half time of a game he actually won, due to not playing his best players.

The Ibra arrival was also vitally important, but let's not pretend Giampaolo isn't our worst manager in history...

Im saying that Pioli isn't all that. Remember Allegri with the 'throw the ball to Ibra' tactics to win the scudetto? And remember Allegri with Acerbi, Montolivo and Boateng?

We renewed with Montella and Gattuso duo to the final sprint of the season in recent years, we did again with Pioli, i just hope it works this time, my hopes are on Ibrahimovic.

And about Giampaolo, he was trying to find a style of playing and got fired. Beetwen his teams and Pioli's teams, im totally pro Giampaolo.

Just to clarify, im just judging works here, not defending Giampaolo or insulting Pioli.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really dont care about it, Paqueta is good player that got into a messed up team. Pioli didn't actually do anything in special on the squad, the change of actitude came from the arrival of Ibra and the lack of pressure on the field combined. Giampaolo imo would have achieve more with time to work, duo the way his teams are set to play football.

I see.
You really dont like that he's benching Paqueta and also that he's not playing srs 4312 creaty calcio like Giampaolo.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Im saying that Pioli isn't all that. Remember Allegri with the 'throw the ball to Ibra' tactics to win the scudetto? And remember Allegri with Acerbi, Montolivo and Boateng?

We renewed with Montella and Gattuso duo to the final sprint of the season in recent years, we did again with Pioli, i just hope it works this time, my hopes are on Ibrahimovic.

And about Giampaolo, he was trying to find a style of playing and got fired. Beetwen his teams and Pioli's teams, im totally pro Giampaolo.

Just to clarify, im just judging works here, not defending Giampaolo or insulting Pioli.
Allegri got third place with monto, muntari, des, boatang, nocerino...

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I see.
You really dont like that he's benching Paqueta and also that he's not playing srs 4312 creaty calcio like Giampaolo.

Nah, Paquet? is a good player in the wrong moment, really dont care if he leaves or stay(i would offer him+Samu plus money for Savic), from brazilians i like Reinier, but he is with Madrid now, i just said the other day that Lucas is way more player than Szosboslai. ;)

Im traditional conservative guy, Milan IS the 442. Milan never was, to fight for titles, a one man band like Bar?a, Roma, Real and Juventus, this squeme with incisive wingers was created for teams with Messis, Ronaldos and Ronaldinhos.

Now(last 10 years) Milan still depends on a guy with the same age as me. Again, im supporting Pioli with all my heart, but it wouldnt be my first choice.:)

Allegri got third place with monto, muntari, des, boatang, nocerino...

Yeap, no Ibra, no title.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
padre Pioli
MilanBologna3.jpg

MilanBologna30.jpg

EiJV5ZJXkAMLBSD

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Super coaching by Pioli since he joined us. I really feel close to him. He has that likeable personality and a respectable aura. I loved it when he got booked by the referee, he really is a fair person.

I though he managed the Crotone game very well. His substitutions were spot on. He manages this group so well, everyone is playing better.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Every day I thank the Lord for giving us Padre Pioli

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
17 undefeated now is it? And how many in a row we've scored 2 or more? Beautiful.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He has to take some blame today. Completely got tactics wrong. He is playing 3 attackers with combined strength of a stuffed teddy bear and yet chooses to play long balls towards them. Wtf was he thinking? Those long balls took kessie, bennacer and hakan completely out of game.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has to take some blame today. Completely got tactics wrong. He is playing 3 attackers with combined strength of a stuffed teddy bear and yet chooses to play long balls towards them. Wtf was he thinking? Those long balls took kessie, bennacer and hakan completely out of game.

Huh?
The team tried to play on the ground, but the passing was off from nearly every player. This wasn't the pitch or weather for passing combinations it seems.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People blaming the performance on Pioli's choices, but Leao and Colombo were even worse than Daniel. The first 25 mins of second half was our best period of the game.

Samu was shit, but Diaz benefited from joining in against tired legs.....and he ran himself tired before ET.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
We won, who cares at this point. We've played a shit ton of games and lack full match fitness and three key players. Pioli had a choice to make to rest certain players who weren't fully fit. If it backfired we'd all be angry and rightfully so but we won in the funniest way imaginable so I'm giving him a pass.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Huh?
The team tried to play on the ground, but the passing was off from nearly every player. This wasn't the pitch or weather for passing combinations it seems.

rio ave had no problem passing on the ground. we had to control midfield to have any chance in attack since no one in attack could control the long balls and hold it up front. we just gave them free possession and took our own best players out of game. terrible choice.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
God help me I really like him.

Seemed like he was telling Leao to smile lol

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
not sure if against quality teams with 352 playing 4231 is best option.
our centrals mids have much work around middle and supporting defenders when same time there are players using wide...
or at least we need to have hard working wingers to cover

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
not sure if against quality teams with 352 playing 4231 is best option.
our centrals mids have much work around middle and supporting defenders when same time there are players using wide...
or at least we need to have hard working wingers to cover

Not all 352/34* are on the level of Inter though, if we look at it objectively. His subs to adjust to a 433 to control the game worked, having an extra body between their frontline and midfield. The issue is not having a direct Kessie replacement to bully someone like Lukaku when our defenders (Roma in particular) lose every 1v1.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Blessed be the day when God sent Padre to us

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is Ragnick still available?

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
everybody said pioli starts well, and starts to fuck up, now we can see why.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

stfu idiot, you supported krunic and samu selection.

when lelli were dominating us you didn't want us to panic and we got 3 - 0 :fp:

i never saw a more idiot poster with idiotic opinions, you are just stupid who thinks he is smart.

Schedule