The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:18   #581
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

The more I watch Bennacer the more I think he'd be better suited to a CM role rather than a regista. I hope he grows into it.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:59   #582
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
The more I watch Bennacer the more I think he'd be better suited to a CM role rather than a regista. I hope he grows into it.
get Tonali, play Ben as CM.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

LocalHero80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:07   #583
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Blegh, this was certainly not the 5-1 fantasia Samu hat-trick I was hoping to see. But hey, 3 points.
It hopefully brings back some calmness and confidence to this team.
I think Pioli learned a lot from this game. He knew he had an extreme, but his search for balance lead him to an extreme opposite. It will be much easier to find solutions now that he has found the boundaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I don’t have a problem with the RB positioning. He has brought Theo back as well. We are playing a proper 4 man defense here, not the 3 + Theo free. Not a good idea to pull back your only offensive threat.
I'm pretty sure that was not what Pioli had in mind, hence the early Musacchio-Calabria sub. The whole team, not just Theo, was pushed back by Spal. Duarte's positioning made it much harder to take the game to the opponent's half. It's bad enough that Bennacer, Kessie and co can't string a few passes together. They need all the help they can get from the fullbacks. I've mentioned it a few times, but (sadly) Calabria is like an engine to this team.
He showed what was missing when he came on.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:22   #584
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Week 10: Milan vs SPAL 31/10/19 21:00 CET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
I think Pioli learned a lot from this game. He knew he had an extreme, but his search for balance lead him to an extreme opposite. It will be much easier to find solutions now that he has found the boundaries.

Lool
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:39   #585
doraemon
One and Only

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Lazio, @juve, napoli. If offered 1 point, i'll take it right now. No hesitation
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:48   #586
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

3 points but what a game this was...

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:17   #587
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Blegh, this was certainly not the 5-1 fantasia Samu hat-trick I was hoping to see. But hey, 3 points.
It hopefully brings back some calmness and confidence to this team.

I'm pretty sure that was not what Pioli had in mind, hence the early Musacchio-Calabria sub. The whole team, not just Theo, was pushed back by Spal. Duarte's positioning made it much harder to take the game to the opponent's half. It's bad enough that Bennacer, Kessie and co can't string a few passes together. They need all the help they can get from the fullbacks. I've mentioned it a few times, but (sadly) Calabria is like an engine to this team.
He showed what was missing when he came on.
Hmm, I can agree with the latter - although Hakan's role was to take that defender off Theo which had happened in the Lecce game. But I don't have the confidence you seem to have in Pioli. Bennacer and Kessie looked like proper shit. What will he do now? Bring back Biglia and play Krunic? The midfield needs an immense amount of work.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 14:07   #588
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
Lazio, @juve, napoli. If offered 1 point, i'll take it right now. No hesitation
Lazio are our bitches bruh.
Napoli - we can draw if we have a good game.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 14:21   #589
VooDooDoll
))<>((

so spal players were aggressive against us and it was enough - piatek, hakan, samuel had 'disappointing' game.
hakan after good games turn into usual hakan, piatek isolated, bla bla bla, same old story
leao needs to play because he brings way too much for this limited attack, just give him free role somewhere around piatek...
maybe hakan performance depend also on leao doing more in attack than our other players.
duarte with ok game but limiting us when he is rb...

Signature

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 17:59   #590
leaf
Dead man walking

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Once again Suso is our savior
I said it once and I will say it again.
NOBODY can do what he does
(except Leao)

Signature
Sage & Necro on Romagnoli:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Musacchio is a fair bit better than Romagnoli.
Necro on Bertolacci
Quote:
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
#Expertz

Last edited by leaf; 01-11-2019 at 18:05.
leaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:13   #591
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Hmm, I can agree with the latter - although Hakan's role was to take that defender off Theo which had happened in the Lecce game. But I don't have the confidence you seem to have in Pioli. Bennacer and Kessie looked like proper shit. What will he do now? Bring back Biglia and play Krunic? The midfield needs an immense amount of work.
bennacer had a good game. he was tightly marked in the first half but still was able to do his thing. in second half, he was good. hakan was bad in first half but ok in second half. kessie was disappointing. he was asked to make those passes which he is clearly not suited to. he should just stick to simple passing combinations.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:48   #592
Milan2012
Rookie

Cldnt watch the game but on paper we had more clear cut chances and possession .
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:27   #593
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I think the most important thing right now is to give a coach, who at least meets the minimum requirements, the time he needs to create something for the long-term out of this very flawed group. Pioli meets my minimum requirements, unlike Giampaolo, hence my support for him. He has the personality to lead, he shows good judgment, he doesn't overcomplicate things and the route he's taking, tactically, is in the right direction in my opinion.

Biglia should be a starter since he's the only remotely good anchor we have. Bennacer looks like a lost kid in what is a grown man's role.
Kessie is having a hard time trying to adapt to LCM. What looks like a small modification seems to be have confused and shackled him more than Giampaolo's never-ending instructions. Normally there's a lot of good and bad about his performances, but it was pretty much all bad against SPAL.

I know I've always complained about how disjointed this "team" looks, but the first half against SPAL was something else. It's like randomly picked incompatible individuals from all over the world were meeting for the first time. I'm not sure there was any understanding whatsoever between the midfielders.

I'd go back to the Paq-Biglia-Kessie midfield against Lazio.
They looked cohesive in comparison.
Krunic?
Paq-Biglia-Krunic, flanked by Calabria & Theo, seems too risky against Lazio.
But if Kessie continues to fuck around, then sure why not.

Signature

Last edited by Goodfella; 03-11-2019 at 04:30.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote