The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2019, 13:55   #101
vB9
Man with a Plan
 
vB9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
??? Why that?

Only players from footballing super power countries shud play for Milan.


Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 14:40   #102
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Opinions on

Bennacer - Biglia* - Krunic

*until we get someone better

so leaving Paqueta out or for a more attacking role?
Id like to see that yes.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 15:22   #103
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
Only players from footballing super power countries shud play for Milan.
Zidane
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 19:03   #104
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
Only players from footballing super power countries shud play for Milan.
So no Saviecivic (sp) no Weah no Sheva no Ibra????
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 23:22   #105
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
This guy's a pretty good example of why I can't stand midget players. Doesn't matter how talented they are, they get rag dolled by physically imposing players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
That said, I'm not saying he'll never make it... Just that he's very small and small players tend to fail at the highest level.
..the hell?
I don't trust midgets like Bennacer in central defensive roles either, but that's where it ends. If anything the best wingers, second strikers, advanced mids, playmakers and fullbacks tend to be short.
Shorter players tend to have better balance, more agility, quicker reactions and better ball control.

Aren't you a Modric and Kante fan?
You'll probably say "exceptions to the rule", which is true in Kante's case, but Modric is one of many playmakers on the shorter side.


Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Opinions on

Bennacer - Biglia* - Krunic
Now this looks more balanced than the madness of last weeks.
Krunic needs to be kept far away from Theo's flank if he has to start.
Bennacer is no anchor.

Not sure Krunic would be able to get into same positions as Paqueta, but it's worth a try.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 00:45   #106
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone
Default

Makalele Mascherano - more exceptions
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:01   #107
Buske
AC Milan Legend
 
Buske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default

I still wouldn't write him off as cdm. He is young and needs to start more than 1 game to gains some continuity.
He stole number of balls, but also lost possession in dangerous situations
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:34   #108
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
..the hell?
I don't trust midgets like Bennacer in central defensive roles either, but that's where it ends. If anything the best wingers, second strikers, advanced mids, playmakers and fullbacks tend to be short.
Shorter players tend to have better balance, more agility, quicker reactions and better ball control.

Aren't you a Modric and Kante fan?
You'll probably say "exceptions to the rule", which is true in Kante's case, but Modric is one of many playmakers on the shorter side.
Maybe it's my eyes fooling me, as I haven't checked the actual centimeters (height and width) and compared... but it feels like Bennacer is reaaaaaaaaally small. Smaller than Xavi, Pirlo, Mascherano, Iniesta etc... What was the name of that juve midget who was very talented and ended up in MLS? He's that size.

Anyway, he got thrown around out there vs Lazio... and not because he didn't fight hard enough but because he just is that much weaker. And it doesn't help that there's no one helping him out either...


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:04   #109
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Maybe it's my eyes fooling me, as I haven't checked the actual centimeters (height and width) and compared... but it feels like Bennacer is reaaaaaaaaally small. Smaller than Xavi, Pirlo, Mascherano, Iniesta etc... What was the name of that juve midget who was very talented and ended up in MLS? He's that size.

Anyway, he got thrown around out there vs Lazio... and not because he didn't fight hard enough but because he just is that much weaker. And it doesn't help that there's no one helping him out either...
Yeah, Bennacer seems shorter than the 175cm he's listed as.
Perhaps because he plays in a spot where we're used to seeing tall players.

But it's probably more than that. I could've never guessed that Hakan(178cm) is only 1cm taller than Elf Zuzo(177cm).
Calabria does also look shorter than he actually is(177cm).


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:30   #110
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Yeah, Bennacer seems shorter than the 175cm he's listed as.
Perhaps because he plays in a spot where we're used to seeing tall players.

But it's probably more than that. I could've never guessed that Hakan(178cm) is only 1cm taller than Elf Zuzo(177cm).
Calabria does also look shorter than he actually is(177cm).
Hakan is really surprising. Calabria always looked like a 180cm guy to me.

That Duarte and Musa are only separated by 1 cm is also surprising.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:39   #111
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Hakan is really surprising. Calabria always looked like a 180cm guy to me.

That Duarte and Musa are only separated by 1 cm is also surprising.
Duarte is 183cm according to Whoscored. 186cm on Wikipedia.
Musa is 180cm.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:50   #112
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Maybe it's my eyes fooling me, as I haven't checked the actual centimeters (height and width) and compared... but it feels like Bennacer is reaaaaaaaaally small. Smaller than Xavi, Pirlo, Mascherano, Iniesta etc... What was the name of that juve midget who was very talented and ended up in MLS? He's that size.

Anyway, he got thrown around out there vs Lazio... and not because he didn't fight hard enough but because he just is that much weaker. And it doesn't help that there's no one helping him out either...
Giovinco - he is much smaller than all the others mentioned. Maybe because Correa and Luis Alberto are taller than the norm that skewed how you saw him in the last match.

He did lose out on some battles but my impression was it more to do with his reading of the situation and lack of pace. He has this quick turn when he has the ball but to move quickly, even ten to 15 yards he isnt that fast in my opinion but it could be a strength issue as well.

I still think he can make it in a good midfield where he is given help and with experience he takes up better positions.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 15:04   #113
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Duarte is 183cm according to Whoscored. 186cm on Wikipedia.
Musa is 180cm.
Transfermarkt has them at 182 vs 183cm. The bigger difference feels correct though. Shows that one has to take these sources with a grain of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if players or agents sometimes add a few cm.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 15:16   #114
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon
 
AndreiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fav. Players: Not really
Default

AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 16:55   #115
Qaas
Mystery Guy
 
Qaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Danmark
Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default

Our own verratti. We just need a holding midfielder next to him
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 14:29   #116
fray
Casciavit
 
fray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Quote:
Bennacer: "Role models? I really like Iniesta and Verratti."
I've seen someone say on the forum that he has the style of Verratti, and I agree. However, now he needs to prove it on the field. Maybe we should deploy him in Kessie's role and have Biglia playing alongside him? If that gets the best out of him... why not.


Signature

Last edited by fray; 07-11-2019 at 14:32.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:53   #117
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon
 
SpartanMilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York
Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buske View Post
I still wouldn't write him off as cdm. He is young and needs to start more than 1 game to gains some continuity.
He stole number of balls, but also lost possession in dangerous situations
Yeah, I think he could grow to become a CDM with more experience, but at the moment I think it makes sense to play him in a more advanced role as he develops.


Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 19:26   #118
Nevermore
Senior Team Member
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belarus
Default

make him captain
Nevermore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 21:22   #119
fray
Casciavit
 
fray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

He has really had a string of stellar performances. Even though I was aware of his quality and talent, he has really amazed me in recent games. Now, he seems like a more mature player, and isn't afraid to run forward with the ball from his own half - he is someone who gains more confidence by each game.

Initally, I thought it would take some time for him to recover from that Fiorentina fiasco, but here he is, back on his feet.

CMIIW, but he's suspended for the game against Napoli?


Signature
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:33.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.