Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I'm sure Maldini and Boban are already considering firing this moron

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Samu? Fuck that.

The rampant Samuphobia on RnB motivated me to post that lineup.

Samu is really the worst player in our squad to be deployed for any role.

*most underrated player

Did pretty well(and scored) as faux-9 in October against Sassuolo when Higuain and Cutrone were injured. 4-1 in an away game...
RnB loved him for it. But it was quickly forgotten when the strikers returned.

Those few Jan/Feb games with him as RW instead of Suso is the last time I saw quick transitions between defense and attack.
He was scoring and assisting. All of RnB loved him and his performances at the time, including you. I even felt it was going overboard, and had to point out negative things I saw from his performances. :D

Then Suso returned and Samu was shoved to the other flank, or the bench, and we were back to a predictable lethargic team with slow or non-existent transitions. And Samu was back to being seen as a chicken-legged Samusexual.

Giampaolo's attempt at a fluid front 3 has been one giant failure, but Samu was the least bad at his tactical role, between him, Suso, Paq, Piatek & Silva. He even had to compensate for Suso.
His performance in the first half against Brescia was actually pretty good.
But he got the most blame for this clusterfuck.

It's funny how fickle RnB has been on Samu. Underrated and overrated at points, by the same individuals.
I'd wait with calling him the most useless player in the squad until I get some more sample of him as RW, without Suso on the pitch.
But I also remember most of you - you included - describing Baka as "worse than Traore", "worst Milan player ever" and calls for Rino to not give any more minutes...before he even had made two consecutive starts....
Some of us thought we should wait with such verdicts until he's had a real chance to adapt.
And when he finally did receive it, he became a key player and fan favorite.

----Rebic--------Piatek-----
------------Bona-

Bona likes to drift towards the left flank or start from there. So does Rebic. And Hakan.
If Theo starts and he pushes up as much as he normally does, then that's another player who wants to occupy the same space.
Piatek as a right-footed striker is also leaning more towards the left flank.

Seems very unbalanced. You can try to force them to go against their style, but what I've seen from Bona as RW was not good at all.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Did pretty well(and scored) as faux-9 in October against Sassuolo when Higuain and Cutrone were injured. 4-1 in an away game...
RnB loved him for it. But it was quickly forgotten when the strikers returned.

Those few Jan/Feb games with him as RW instead of Suso is the last time I saw quick transitions between defense and attack.
He was scoring and assisting. All of RnB loved him and his performances at the time, including you. I even felt it was going overboard, and had to point out negative things I saw from his performances. :D

Then Suso returned and Samu was shoved to the other flank, or the bench, and we were back to a predictable lethargic team with slow or non-existent transitions. And Samu was back to being seen as a chicken-legged Samusexual.

Giampaolo's attempt at a fluid front 3 has been one giant failure, but Samu was the least bad at his tactical role, between him, Suso, Paq, Piatek & Silva. He even had to compensate for Suso.
His performance in the first half against Brescia was actually pretty good.
But he got the most blame for this clusterfuck.

It's funny how fickle RnB has been on Samu. Underrated and overrated at points, by the same individuals.
I'd wait with calling him the most useless player in the squad until I get some more sample of him as RW, without Suso on the pitch.
But I also remember most of you - you included - describing Baka as "worse than Traore", "worst Milan player ever" and calls for Rino to not give any more minutes...before he even had made two consecutive starts....
Some of us thought we should wait with such verdicts until he's had a real chance to adapt.
And when he finally did receive it, he became a key player and fan favorite.

I can't recall praising Samu at all, except for goals or one-off performances :lol: Nor can I recall trashing Bakayoko for that matter, I don't generally trash any new player until they get a few months with the team.

Regardless, even if these things happened, fans are ultimately those who are watching 90 minutes of these players on the tv. That is way too less to ever have a clear idea of how good they are and how good they potentially could be. I think fans have a strong right to change their minds based on what they see week-in week-out.

Which is why I always ask you all to trust the manager, who sees these players far more than we all do (unless the manager is Pippo).

At this point in time, my opinion about Samu is that he's a completely useless fellow, who has no clue how to evade defenders in the box, either physically or with his feet or with his brains, and is not at all a fit for a top Serie A team in any role.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Press conference in just under 2 hours. Milan app should stream it live.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable line-up according to GDS:

Gigio; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, RR; Kessie, Biglia, Hakan; Suzu; Leao, Piatek;

Why not Theo, Bennacer, Bonaventura instead of RR, Biglia, Suzu?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^That is definitely not going to be the lineup. I'll start doubting his sanity if Giampaolo starts the same midfield and attack again. There will be at least 2 changes.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
If Jean Paul Le Druide is playing Biglia and ZZzzzo then for sure he surrendered => Lets find another Coach

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
cant be true

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I understand letting Suso in....he always looks like he has something in him....but RR has literally done nothing this season while Theo looks willing to buttfuck the opposition's flanks :rolleyes:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Q: What should the team not do that they did in the derby?

Giampaolo mentions passing and transitions to be the things to improve.

Definitely changes in the midfield.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Probable line-up according to GDS:

Gigio; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, RR; Kessie, Biglia, Hakan; Suzu; Leao, Piatek;

Why not Theo, Bennacer, Bonaventura instead of RR, Biglia, Suzu?

lol, if that is the lineup GP can expect the same shit anemic no shots on goal performance, what an awful coach so far... I just don't have faith in him. He's the wrong type of stubborn

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Q: Is Piatek becoming a problem?

Giampaolo: Piatek is not a problem. We need to put him in a better position to score.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Q: How does one play Suso, does he fit the system?

Giampaolo: <visibly distressed> Suso started out in the center against Inter.. a few minutes later, he naturally moved to the right. I don't dislike Suso's work in the center. The question is about putting all 3 attackers in the right position. Rebic is another option now, and he has completely different characteristics to Andre Silva.

Q: Theo or RicRod?

Giampaolo: No comment.

Q: How is Bonaventura?

Giampaolo: He's doing very well, recovering well. He might even play tomorrow.

Q: How will Bonaventura be used this season? As a starter or squad player?

Giampaolo: He can play in the midfield, or in the attack. Depends on what we need him to do. Depends on how we play. He can play trequartista or winger or mezz'ala.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Q: How does one play Suso, does he fit the system?

Giampaolo: <visibly distressed> Suso started out in the center against Inter.. a few minutes later, he naturally moved to the right. I don't dislike Suso's work in the center. The question is about putting all 3 attackers in the right position. Rebic is another option now, and he has completely different characteristics to Andre Silva.

giphy.gif

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Will there be room for Bennacer and Hernandez tomorrow?

"Play either Bennacer or Biglia and then either Rodriguez or Hernandez".

there is not only Suso, I must find the square among all the attackers I have ".

Potentially considering trying an attack without Suso?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think he's considering it.. but there's some great psychological pressure preventing him from doing so. I think he's afraid to bench Suso since Suso can pull off a winner even if the team isn't playing well.

But he needs to bite the bullet to save his job. If he wimps out from benching Suso for at least one of the two games over the next 4 days, I think he deserves the repercussions. A great philosopher of football with clear tactical ideas must also be brave enough to play players who fit those ideas, even if they aren't technically the best players in the squad.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I think he's considering it.. but there's some great psychological pressure preventing him from doing so. I think he's afraid to bench Suso since Suso can pull off a winner even if the team isn't playing well.

But he needs to bite the bullet to save his job. If he wimps out from benching Suso for at least one of the two games over the next 4 days, I think he deserves the repercussions. A great philosopher of football with clear tactical ideas must also be brave enough to play players who fit those ideas, even if they aren't technically the best players in the squad.

Fully agreed. I think there are also psychological pressures with other changes from the 'old guard' and if he persists in certain choices then he fully deserves what comes.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can't recall praising Samu at all, except for goals or one-off performances :lol: Nor can I recall trashing Bakayoko for that matter, I don't generally trash any new player until they get a few months with the team.

Regardless, even if these things happened, fans are ultimately those who are watching 90 minutes of these players on the tv. That is way too less to ever have a clear idea of how good they are and how good they potentially could be. I think fans have a strong right to change their minds based on what they see week-in week-out.

Which is why I always ask you all to trust the manager, who sees these players far more than we all do (unless the manager is Pippo).

At this point in time, my opinion about Samu is that he's a completely useless fellow, who has no clue how to evade defenders in the box, either physically or with his feet or with his brains, and is not at all a fit for a top Serie A team in any role.

Look at the last two pages of the Samu thread. You're even less critical of him than me.
Heck, there's even a post from just 10 days ago where you wrote "Castillejo has always looked more accomplished on the right than on the left the few times he has played there."

What has changed since those 10 days? He hasn't even played a minute since then.

I would understand the complete beration of him if he would've followed up those RW performances in February with crap performances in that same role. Some players start off well as CF, or LW, or RCM, but then the good performances end, and fans shift opinion on the player, as they should do.
But that's not what happened here. He hasn't made a single start on the right flank since then. His poor performances came in different roles.
We've seen SES & Bona's performances on the left & right flank be like night and day. Why couldn't that apply to Samu as well?
I also don't think his performances away from the right flank would be as poor with a RW that would allow quick transitions and double & triple press with him and the striker. In other words a RW who's not like Suso.

Do I see Samu as a starter for next seasons? Of course not.
But what we're looking for right now is just a better alternative to Suso. A stopgap solution to a very desperate situation. It's definitely worth a try.

As for the managers and their judgment, I'm pretty sure I know why Rino and Giampaolo refuse(d) to bench Suso. And I disagree with it.
Hopefully Giampaolo has the balls to it.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^I still think Samu is better on the right than on the left - whenever he has played on the right, he has clearly looked better. But I still don't think he should be on the pitch at all.

Bona, Paqueta, Rebic and Leao together - these are all solutions I'd like to see in the attack before we are forced to play Samu.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Why rotate when you only have one competition to focus on. Just play the best players so they can gel ASAP. Ugh. This guy is super annoying.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Why rotate when you only have one competition to focus on. Just play the best players so they can gel ASAP. Ugh. This guy is super annoying.
You rotate when you are starting your best players &/or playing good.
But when each game you end up having 4-5 players easily subbed for playing like shit & you start them next game then you are an idiot.
If Suso starts & again he is his usual shit then am done with GP + fuck both.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Not watching

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
You rotate when you are starting your best players &/or playing good.
But when each game you end up having 4-5 players easily subbed for playing like shit & you start them next game then you are an idiot.
If Suso starts & again he is his usual shit then am done with GP + fuck both.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As much as I'm not a massive Suso fan (yes I would like him sold for an upgrade) I don't think he's the main problem. Right now we have a problem controlling the midfield and linking mid to attack in a consistent and threatening manner. There is far too much side to side or backwards passing and not enough people making runs in attack (part of this is probably because they know they won't be see by our mids.

Running Biglia who passes sideways and back 90% of the time, Kessie who has poor control and passing (although always a solid hard worker, may not be the best for what we're going for), and Hakan who has talent but just doesn't ever really 'get there' is not a recipe for success for getting the ball to our forwards in dangerous positions... I am not saying Suso is great, just that our midfield lineup and the tactics of how to move the ball from mid to attack are sorely lacking right now.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I better see anger and an identity tomorrow. I want to see everyone fired up and chasing everything and battling for 90 mins

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

OMG Don’t you fucking dare Giampaolo. His ass should be fired as soon as this lineup is presented officially. Like Maldini and Boban should get pitch side and drag this mofo out if he plays RR and especially Biglia

Schedule