Theo-Roma-Dua/Musa-Calab-Kessie
Gigi
Go and forza. 3 points

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
------------Piatek--------------

--Hakan---Paqueta----Krunic---

--------Biglia---Bennacer------

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Rebic-Tek-Leao
Hakan-Bennacer-Paq
Theo-Roma-Dua-Calab
Gigi​

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Gigio
Musacchio - Duarte - Romagnoli - Theo
Krunic - Bennacer - Paqueta
Hakan
Leao - Piatek

Suso: Stands.
Conti: Parking lot bus shelter.
Biglia: Eating together with other inhabitants at an Argentine old folks home.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Posts 4, 5, & 6 pretty much have the same mid as post 7... any record post 7 can set others can easily match if not best.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Posts 4, 5, & 6 pretty much have the same mid as post 7... any record post 7 can set others can easily match if not best.

4 & 6, sure.

The 5th however is too defensive, if anything.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Gigio
Musacchio - Duarte - Romagnoli - Theo
Krunic - Bennacer - Paqueta
Hakan
Leao - Piatek

Suso: Stands.
Conti: Parking lot bus shelter.
Biglia: Eating together with other inhabitants at an Argentine old folks home.

I'd actually like to see this. Looks really nice.

Though I'd switch positions on Musacchio and Duarte

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Gigio
Calabria - musa - romagnoli - theo
Paqueta - bennacer - kessie
Leao - piatek - hakan

Except bennacer we should expect this line up next week.

Im willing to give calabria another chance under pioli just like hakan. Meanwhile suso just isnt cut it. Fuck suso

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
433:

Donnarumma

Calabria
Musacchio
Romagnoli
Theo

Krunic
Biglia
Paqueta

Castillejo
Piatek
Calhanoglu

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Win by any means or sudoku.

AND PLEASE DO NOT PLAY BIGLIA OR CONTI. Suso can have another chance, he wasn't awful but needs to improve or be put into row Z for Hakan/Kessie shooting practice.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bench suso, biglia, conti.

And dont you dare replace suso with samu.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The state of that right side...

If we don't buy a RB and RW in January we're fucking up.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Roma is not better than Milan at the moment. If we play a smart game we can clinch the 3 points.

I would go for 1-3-4-2-1

Donnaruma

Duarte
Mussachio
Romagnoli

Conti
Bennacer
Kessie
Theo

Calhanoglu
Paqueta

Piatek

Subs to come on:
Krunic for Conti
Biglia for Bennacer
Leao for Paqueta

End the game playing 1-4-3-1-2

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Roma is not better than Milan at the moment. If we play a smart game we can clinch the 3 points.

I would go for 1-3-4-2-1

Donnaruma

Duarte
Mussachio
Romagnoli

Conti
Bennacer
Kessie
Theo

Calhanoglu
Paqueta

Piatek

Subs to come on:
Krunic for Conti
Biglia for Bennacer
Leao for Paqueta

End the game playing 1-4-3-1-2

You clearly don't watch our games.
As of this season Leao has been our best attacker.
Followed by Piatek, who, last game aside is going through a slump.
Followed by Paq (tempted to say Hakan but last game aside he's been trash), who has been extremely inconsistent and has given the ball away more than he's done anything useful.

Conti has put on the worst performances for the season. Calabria, who is crap will be MILES better

and Krunic is not a RB :rolleyes:

I'd like to see a simple with a 4-4-2
The only experimental role is Rebic at RW

---------------Gigio--------------
Calabria - musa - romagnoli - theo
Rebic---Paqueta--bennacer ---Hakan
----------- piatek - Leao------------

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Dear god ppl still fielding Conti & Suso.
Krunic deserve to start & the same for Ptek.
Hakan should be tried as a RW since Suso is shit.... no for Hakan as a mid.

We need to adjust in a way to cover our RB.
So playing with a back three could be it.
Or just try out players there.

Duarte.Musa.Roma.Theo
Krunic.Big.Benna.
Hakan.Ptek.Leao

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should definitely stay with 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, the only obvious change to me is Calabria instead of Conti.

Biglia vs Bennacer is debatable, right now Biglia offers more in that specific role but Bennacer obviously has the future on his side. Against a difficult opponent I'd start Biglia. For me Bennacer is not a suitable substitute for Kessie who covered a lot of ground in defense and actually played quite smart, he just has a better mind for those duties than for attacking.

I don't share the hate for Suso, he played well in attack with a very improved off ball movement and contributed some nice passes from the second row and some good shots (where should have attacked the rebound more).
His defensive contribution was lacking but I'm personally willing to accept that he is not the type of super athletic player that can provide attacking on-ball contribution, off ball movement and backtracking with the same intensity and Pioli`s system is suited to give him some freedom.

At this point I think it makes more sense to keep one of Piatek and Leao on the bench but starting with Leao as a LW and one of Hakan or Suso as RW would be doable. Rebic and Samu are out of the equation for me, they don't really give any signals that would warrant a start, I wouldn't mind giving one more minutes as a substitute though.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I'm not sure that Calabria is better than Conti. Calabria is just stupid, getting himself sent off for lazy defending, and on the ball he always picks the wrong pass. Conti although an idiot in his own special way, I feel can add something more as a right wing back. He is better in motion than Calabria and in that position you dont need to worry about him defending inside the box.

Hakan is better than Paqueta at the moment, the latter only gives 30 mins of effectiveness, he seems like a better option coming off the bench at the moment, but perhaps pairing him with Hakan behind a CF would be the best for him.

Leao is better than Piatek but Piatek is more clinical, with the formation I mentioned, Piatek should start because it focuses a lot on the contribution of the wing backs and their crosses, it needs a player who finishes with one touch. I would like to see Leao and Piatek the same time eventually, especially when the game opens up and you get chances.

We need 3 CBs at the moment, we are too exposed at the back. Our full backs do not cover the space so good and Musacchio does not win duels. Our midfield is not creative anyway so you might as well stack it with ball winners and shoot it out to the wings or to the attacking minds. In the formation I mentioned you have the wing backs and two attacking midfielders as quick counter attacking options.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calabria is not in the best form of his life but compared to Conti he is miles better in defense and even attack. Conti was always a bad defender but he really lost his spark in attack and that was his saving grace, he isn't an extremely talented or well rounded player to beginn with.
Also speaking about stupidity Conti takes the crown, I don't care what his agent suggested, not leaving on loan to get back in form was a crazy decision that hurt himself and hurt the club. Also he is really weak mentally, that handball during last match can happen but he completely lost it afterwards, rarely have I witnessed such a breakdown from a player.

Calabria needs some proper coaching, maybe some tough love and real competition, but writing him off is crazy at this point, that's just wanting to see heads role.

3 at the back helps when your defenders are better in 1 vs 1 than in tactical defending, that's not the case with most of our CB's, Duarte I can see doing well in 3 at the back but Roma and Musa are 4 at the back defenders typ wise in my opinion. It is also not automatically more secure unless you play it as a 5 at the back and sacrifice a bunch of attacking potential.

Furthermore I see no point in pampering Theo in playing him as LWB. He is talented guy who needs to learn some defensive discipline, not a one trick pony like Conti. Let's develop him into a great LB instead of giving him the easy way out.

Last edited:

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Calabria is better than current conti. for simple fact that calabria can somewhat defend. Conti has lost his only strength which was attacking fullback. Now he is just useless. Too weak in my opinion needs to beef up.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Calabria is better than current conti. for simple fact that calabria can somewhat defend. Conti has lost his only strength which was attacking fullback. Now he is just useless. Too weak in my opinion needs to beef up.

Doesn't matter if he gets sent off

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Play borini there or Kessie. honestly rb is one of the easiest positions to cover.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Calabria is miles better than Conti and the difference in defensive ability is even larger.

Conti is an open door. I'd be more reassured with injured Pato playing RB than Conti in the defensive phase.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he gets sent off

Buhooo he got a red card in the 90' minute and a second yellow in a match full of cards in the 79' minute, don't exaggerate that shit. He doesn't get many cards overall, actually that were his first straight red card of his career and his second yellow-red card , he just has a bad series this season. That happens and usually sorts it self out.

Not fielding Calabria at RB is laughable.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Buhooo he got a red card in the 90' minute and a second yellow in a match full of cards in the 79' minute, don't exaggerate that shit. He doesn't get many cards overall, actually that were his first straight red card of his career and his second yellow-red card , he just has a bad series this season. That happens and usually sorts it self out.

Not fielding Calabria at RB is laughable.

It's only maybe laughable because the other RB sucks now too. Milan needs an upgrade.

Schedule