Videogames Thread

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Ok.

I haven't played it yet, but I've seen the videos (skimmed through them actually...I don't have a lot of spare time anymore :( ) and the undeserved comments...

Fine, young Dante seemed like he was trying tooooooooo hard to fit in the shoes of his later self at times, but he was a character I REALLY liked...the I-couldn't-give-half-a-shit-about-anything type. He was rude, foul-mouthed and lewd. Not exactly classy. But what the naysayers didn't see is that that gave room for character development. You don't just start out being a self-assured hero from the outset, especially when you don't know who you REALLY are from the outset. You learn and adapt over time and fit into that role. Which is what he kind of did over the course of the game.

I like how, after the last fight with Vergil, he stated that he was now the saviour of humankind. Contrast that with the beginning, while he was chatting with same Vergil. He said something along the lines of "I couldn't give a fuck if humanity dies out right now". That was character growth, however rushed.

Vergil seemed very human at times, even when Dante almost impaled him to death at the end..he stopped short of begging for his life...I found that really touching.

As for gameplay, I can't give my views on that since I haven't played it. If it came out/comes out on PC, that'd be fine, but right now I have my CC set on a certain Resident Evil 6 PC, so we'll see. it does look a bit easier maybe, as compared with, perhaps, DMC3, which was bloody difficult.

I hope it's racking in the sales for the gaming publisher I'm sold to (Capcom, who else?)...at least Ninja Theory did one hell of a fine job as compared to what Slant Six Games did with the golden op Capcom gave them to write their corporation into Resident Evil lore (read: RE: ORC for the uninitiated).

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
What? Because I didn't give into the herd and pan DmC like everyone else?

I always try to cultivate my OWN opinions...I don't care much what the crowd thinks.

It does make me very unpopular, but I've seen the end from the beginning. You never get seen when you're always within the masses.

So, I'm aigh with your not trusting me. :tongue:

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.. Don't get me wrong, I actually bothered to at least finish the game to construct my own opinion... As a game I'll give it a 7/10 but as a DMC game I just cannot consider it as such.. You're free to adore it, I have no problems with that, everyone has the right to their own preferences... By the way, it is on PC, that's where I played it on.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think that's a good thing...that it launched on Windows as well. :thumbsup:

But goddamnit I don't have unlimited funds at the moment :mad: so I need to draw up a scale of preference...that should change much later this year, but I have set goals and a lot of other things to do with money.................

That doesn't make me less of a gamer now, does it? :D

DmC maybe wasn't as intense as the others, but let's remember it's an alternate spin-off (the classic, 'testing-the-waters' excuse, I know :) ) and it was made to draw a lot of newcomers to the series. Yes, it was watered-down. Yes, Dante wasn't 'original'. But it did have some great visuals, and, admit it, Limbo was a cool idea.

I'm not giving the game head or anything. I just don't think it was thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad. :)

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Just finished Far Cry 3 btw. Story was... weird to say the least. But most of the characters were excellent, great designs and voice acting.

Maldiniac

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mgs is way way way way way way better than that thing. also hideo kojima is a legend, no other game director+writter is near his status.

Last edited:

Maldiniac

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
resident evil series is nice, but mgs is way bigger than that swaney

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Kamiya only had a hand in 2... His real games are: DMC, Okami, God Hand, Bayonetta and Viewtiful Joe 1&2.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
resident evil series is nice, but mgs is way bigger than that swaney

I've been on Kojima's dick for a long, LONG time, but you didn't just diss RE..............................................

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kamiya only had a hand in 2... His real games are: DMC, Okami, God Hand, Bayonetta and Viewtiful Joe 1&2.

Okami was a DIRECT response to Roger Ebert's famous insult of video games IMHO...Bayonetta? You mean that game with the 'sexy' freak witch-bitch made solely for Jap perverts? :lol:

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Okami was a DIRECT response to Roger Ebert's famous insult of video games IMHO...Bayonetta? You mean that game with the 'sexy' freak witch-bitch made solely for Jap perverts? :lol:

perverts?? Hot bitch with amazing body s for pervs?

Baya s gameplay nirvana if u know shit about gaming.

And kamiya is definition of swag, not just his work but his persona, check his thread on Gaf or his twiter.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

And kamiya is definition of swag, not just his work but his persona, check his thread on Gaf or his twiter.

I couldn't give a shit about Bayonetta...a lot of folks talking bout it, yeah, but I don't care. I just trolled it for the fun of it. :lol:

What's sexy about a witch-bitch all covered in hair? It's about the fetish, right? :D

I didn't diss Kamiya...if you *somehow* read about that Ebert column that pissed off EVERYONE in the gaming community, you'd understand I was saluting him. For Okami in particular.

A lot of Japanese mythology in it, but as an art-form, it was SPECIAL. :star:

Since you referred him, I'll take a look soon.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan

Bayonetta is the 'tits'! :thumbsup: .. Too bad the sequel is Wii U exclusive... :fp:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've looked up Hideki Kamiya..

He's rad. Yeah. Worked on like 3 RE games, the first DMC, Okami, Witchonetta :) and now, as an exec with Platinum Games, this new Metal Gear Rising.

As well as the Viewtiful Joe games I couldn't be bothered about. :)

Ok, he's UP there, but he's still not worthy of the Sparda..he's like Arkham to the Dark Knight himself. Not even Mundus level. :D

When there's HK and :star:Shinji Mikami:star: at the table, the kids gather around, sit and listen. :tongue:

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bayonetta is the 'tits'! :thumbsup: .. Too bad the sequel is Wii U exclusive... :fp:

Yup, im pissed too, im mean, sega really?? But i guess its better than no sequel at all, i might get wiiu one day just 4 baya, as secondary console with ps4.

Kojima, MIkami, Kamiya, re all up there for me.

I hope zwei from mikami s next gen.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
List your top 3 Directors..

Mine is:

1. Hideaki Itsuno

2. Hideki Kamiya

3. Tomonobu Itagaki

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Never really got into the Tomb Raider games the but the last one (2013) is AWESOME.

Great reboot for the francize.It has everything,beautiful story line,beautiful atmosphere,great game play, voice acting etc.

Dont think i liked a game this much since the last Legacy of Kain.

10/10 highly recomand it.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i have the same opnion.....before it was like too childish and now it's just like a real video game

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
i have the same opnion.....before it was like too childish and now it's just like a real video game

Have you managed to get the game to 100% complete?Im trying to do all the side quests now:D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
What do you mean by shooting gallery`s?

Where you basically shoot at large numbers of goons with little need to move or do anything else, really.

screen4.png

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you managed to get the game to 100% complete?Im trying to do all the side quests now:D

nope, i have that with lot's of games. Once i finish the game.....i don't restart it....mostly i have 90%.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Where you basically shoot at large numbers of goons with little need to move or do anything else, really.

screen4.png

I played it from a gamepad (on normal difficulty) and I found shooting "packs" of bad guys pretty easy, you just need the right weapons.

It's an awesome game for it's price (20€)

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
I played it from a gamepad (on normal difficulty) and I found shooting "packs" of bad guys pretty easy, you just need the right weapons.

It's an awesome game for it's price (20€)

I don't mean if they were hard, but it if they were annoying. I like the exploring I've seen in trailers, but shooting at lots of guys is something that has been done to death and I'm tired of it.

Schedule