Christian Abbiati Thread

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
however, zambrotta did save his ass once.. when adriano tried to shoot and zambro slide in to prevent that shot..that was awesome

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Abbiati played fantastic was very sound, safe and did all he had to do.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Im here to make up page numbers for this guy. Hes been real good for us. Who knows now we have a consistant goal keeper we might really challenge on all fronts this season. Hope Dida can come back to his best. As for Kalac he was hot and cold last season. I gotta say thanks to him on bout 3 occasions though so ... thanks thanks thanks. Leave u aint gonna get any playing time behind Abi and Di. :D

superpato

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
agreed

well done abbiati

reaching his prime and has been in tremendous form this season

lets be hones about this now

dida AINT EVER getting back to his brilliant best

while kalamity kalac was never that good , he is a decent shot stopper but thats it

abbiaiti is a number 1 now and he totally deserves it

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
superpato said:
agreed

well done abbiati

reaching his prime and has been in tremendous form this season

lets be hones about this now

dida AINT EVER getting back to his brilliant best

while kalamity kalac was never that good , he is a decent shot stopper but thats it

abbiaiti is a number 1 now and he totally deserves it

Couldnt agree more with Abiatti or Kalac. Still im undecided on Dida I would love for him to stick around he was one of the best. The only problem with Dida staying is his high wages.

superpato

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i did used to love dida, but unfortunately his problems are mental, and i think he has lost his inner fight

who knows hes still at a decent age but with the form abbiaiti is in why should we drop him and risk another howler and 3points lost from dida just for loyalty

if im honest id play dida in the italian cup games and sometimes in uefa cup

not in serie a

abbiaiti is our number 1 because of form

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cristina said:
"Zurich remembers the victims of fascism. Abbiati is a bastard."
Nice.

Should something happen to Dida (God forbid), Kalac would probably take his place. The fans could lose their heads and hurl nasty epithets at Abbiati, or worse.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Everyone has right to be whatever they feel it's the best for them :) As long as Abi keeps playing like this I don't care even if he was next Stalin :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
N3d0 said:
Everyone has right to be whatever they feel it's the best for them :) As long as Abi keeps playing like this I don't care even if he was next Stalin :D

i do

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
N3d0 said:
lets just be happy that he didn't say he really likes black chocolate because loads of other people would be offended.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
peters said:
lets just be happy that he didn't say he really likes black chocolate because loads of other people would be offended.
He should say than he like white Chocolate than people will get annoyed and offended of course. By the way Dida will be on goal for Zurich so nothing for their protests anti Abbiati

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

(milanchannel at it again with the music selection)

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I was very happy when Christian returned he is a fine keeper. He is in good form at the momemt and long may it continue.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Blog: The void behind Buffon
Italy may have Gigi Buffon but, as Antonio Labbate states, they are on the verge of a goalkeeping crisis

Sometimes Gigi Buffon is not enough. Italian football should realise as much by taking a brief look at Marcello Lippi’s latest Azzurri squad. It’ll only take a glance because all you need to read are the names of Gianluca Curci and Morgan De Sanctis to realise that the Italian game is in the grip of a goalkeeping crisis.

Injuries to the Juventus custodian and his international understudy, Marco Amelia of Palermo, have stripped bare one of calcio’s great weaknesses. Not only is the peninsula failing to regularly produce the kind of central defender which was once the envy of the world, there’s now a clear shortage of superior quality shot-stoppers with an Italian passport.

It’s a far cry from the 1990s when Serie A was littered with net-minders of the highest calibre. As Walter Zenga and Stefano Tacconi came towards the end of their careers, the likes of Gianluca Pagliuca, Angelo Peruzzi, Luca Marchegiani, Luca Bucci, Francesco Toldo and Buffon were early into theirs. Today there is just Gigi and not much more.

Curci is a good prospect, but there is no doubt that he could have been much further on in his development had he not wasted two years on the Roma bench. A small, stocky individual in the Peruzzi mould, Gianluca though remains suspect when dealing with long-range efforts. De Sanctis, now in Turkey with Galatasaray, is nothing special either.

Additionally, quite why Matteo Sereni of Torino – the best of an average bunch – isn’t given a go is a mystery. His omission should be filed alongside Lippi’s reluctance to give Antonio Cassano the player a chance, no matter what he may think of Cassano the man.

The abolition of the three foreigner rule is arguably the reason why you are even reading this today. Although it didn’t guarantee great goalkeepers, it did at the very least allow Italians playing time in between the sticks. Only Parma opted to ‘waste’ one of their three spots on a 'keeper when they signed Claudio Taffarel in 1990.

Today, Serie A is over-run with non-Italian shot-stoppers. Inter have Julio Cesar, Alexander Doni is at Roma with two other Brazilians, Fiorentina’s No 1 shirt is on the back of Frenchman Sebastien Frey, Juan Carrizo is at Lazio and Udinese have Samir Handanovic. Even the smaller clubs have stranieri goalkeepers and Milan only reverted to Christian Abbiati this term.

As a result, we find ourselves in a position where men such as Federico Agliardi, Luca Castellazzi and Antonio Mirante haven’t progressed to a level once hoped for, the highly-rated Emiliano Viviano is forced to play his football in Serie B with Brescia and 18-year-old Sampdoria youth Vincenzo Fiorillo is already dealing with the pressure of being labelled the new Buffon. And boy do Italy need one.

A blog from Channel4.com.

Abbiati has been great for us so far this season,I don`t get why he doesn`t get called up,at least while Amelia and Buffon are injured.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Thanks for the performance against Palermo Christian without you we really would have got stuffed.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Definitely worthy of a national team call-up... I'd say... he was at his best. I swear this guy will win us points...

NemcyTheKing

Mister 300
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Serginho
Unfortunately are best player against Palermo...hope next time he performs like this when we take some points,we need him in the following games!

shimec

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Bierhoff, Weah, Savicevic, Boban, Zidane, Raul,
Giancarlo said:
Definitely worthy of a national team call-up... I'd say... he was at his best. I swear this guy will win us points...

It is so pathetic to rely on goalkeeper to win us points. I mean, this is Milan we are talking about. We should crush our rivals in the first third of the game, especially when looking at the attacking force we have. But noooo... We rely on a goalkeeper. FFS!

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
shimec said:
It is so pathetic to rely on goalkeeper to win us points. I mean, this is Milan we are talking about. We should crush our rivals in the first third of the game, especially when looking at the attacking force we have. But noooo... We rely on a goalkeeper. FFS!

Clueless.

We will attack sure and score some, but they'll attack too and prevent them from scoring on us.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanFan009 said:
Is it possible you call everyone clueless when you don't agree with them?

A goalkeeper is vital in certain games, and Abbiati has proven his worth. That's why I called them that.

Of course I want a second keeper, like Kameni after him..

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
He's played great for us all year. Keep it up Abs!

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
His positioning at the fourth goal for Juve showed why he isn't and has never been considered top class keeper. Mediocre Serie A keeper, but not Milan material, sorry. (Though the definition of 'Milan material' has changed a bit these days :rolleyes: )

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
I don't feel confident with Abbiati in goal. I feel someone as good as Milan need a world class goalkeeper, pretty much all the teams at the highest level have one. And we ARE that standard, we need to improve in this area begin with in January.