Votes: 79 37.4%

• Total voters

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
Why on earth would he need to kiss Ronaldo's ass :conf:

Because Ronaldo hates Capello ...so Capello wanted to make it up by praising him and shit...

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
And Houllier and Wenger were being Biased? Kaka and De Rossi are not being biased?

De rossi plays for Roma....and Kaka' is a very religious person..he would always say the truth ;)

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Giancarlo said:
Jesus christ.
Beware the wrath of Solider.

Giancarlo said:
Assists were never Pirlo's thing... he was more involved up in the build up of Italy's attack, and his passing in the world cup (and beyond) was bone crunching as I describe it. Don't even try to sit here and tell me that idiot Beckham has the vision and intelligence of Pirlo. Pirlo isn't a goalscorer. He's a playmaker. Beckham is a utility player.
Beckham is a better freekicker and a better crosser of the ball than Pirlo . Beckham is an assist machine and Pirlo isn't.

THAT is my argument. Now stop being a big girls blouse.

Giancarlo said:
I never said Pirlo won the WC on his own. I'm saying he was an integral part of Italy's midfield... the midfield that had a huge part in goals being scored so Italy could advance. A goalkeeper doesn't score (well Rogerio Ceni and a few others, but we're talking about Italy).
Yes he was an integral part. No denying. However it was more than goals being scored that helped Italy advance ;)

Giancarlo said:
England is always heavily favored for every damn tournament.
Yes. By the English.

Please stop comparing the two. Fucking joke.

England: One WC (FLUKE after a totally wrong call against Germany) and not even a semi-final after or before and One Euro Semi-final being their best.

Italy: Four time champions and one second place. One time Euro champions, one time finalist and one time semi-finalist!

Giancarlo said:
It isn't about assists. You knwo nothing about this game. It's about passing and being a damn dictator in the midfield.
My argument is about the better crosser, freekicker and assist machine. Not about the better midfielder. You know nothing about an argument!

Giancarlo said:
Oh really? You're quick to credit a utility player like Beckham and sit here and tell me he's better than Pirlo. Ignorance!
For the 750 Millionth time. Better crosser, freekicker blah blah blah

Giancarlo said:
Your points are utterly useless. Pirlo is the better overall player. If I had the option of benching one or the other, Beckham would be warming up the bench. Pirlo is a better deep passer... and he's responsible for build-ups that result in goals being scored.
Yes he is.

Giancarlo said:
Tell me... TELL ME... who is the BETTER PLAYER? WHO HAS THE BETTER VISION? WHO IS THE BETTER PASSER?
Pirlo. However, I believe, you need to have a certain amount of vision to be able to rack up all those assists. And Beckham has been part of a fair amount of build up plays as well.

Giancarlo said:
If you say Beckham, you've said enough.
Yes your majesty.

Giancarlo said:
And I'll take Pirlo's free kicks over Beckham's anyday.
And that would leave you with less than a quarter of Beckham's freekicks ;)

Giancarlo said:
Beckham is garbage compared to Pirlo. Case in point. You can think of your imaginary stats all you want.
Yes. Complete garbage that was DIRECTLY involved in something called a treble that no other major club has ever won.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista_13_22 said:
Because Ronaldo hates Capello ...so Capello wanted to make it up by praising him and shit...

My question again: Why???? They have NOTHING to do with each other!

Milanista_13_22 said:
De rossi plays for Roma....and Kaka' is a very religious person..he would always say the truth ;)
De Rossi is also his team mate at the national level. They asked him about Pirlo and what did you expect him to say? "I think he's an ok midfielder"???

And if you believe being a very religious person equates to always telling the truth, you are living in the twilight zone!

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Wet Ones said:
Beckham is a better freekicker and a better crosser of the ball than Pirlo . Beckham is an assist machine and Pirlo isn't.

I disagree. But the part of being an assist machine... if you want to argue on that... compare Beckham to Seedorf. I dare you!

THAT is my argument. Now stop being a big girls blouse.

My argument is about who is the better player overall.

Beckham should enjoy his six months on Milan's bench.

Yes he was an integral part. No denying. However it was more than goals being scored that helped Italy advance ;)

It was mostly the attack build up actually... he was named man of the match three times. That's not an accident.

Please stop comparing the two. Fucking joke.

The only joke here is your obvious blind love for David Beckham... he's ugly anyways... now I don't go around judging men, but he's not a looker at all.

My argument is about the better crosser, freekicker and assist machine. Not about the better midfielder. You know nothing about an argument!

And you know nothing about reading comprehension. I'm talking about the midfielder and that's fucking it.

Pirlo. However, I believe, you need to have a certain amount of vision to be able to rack up all those assists. And Beckham has been part of a fair amount of build up plays as well.

One is a visionary (Pirlo) and the other is a bit of a Senderos type when it comes to intelligence. Come on now...

Yes. Complete garbage that was DIRECTLY involved in something called a treble that no other major club has ever won.

Complete garbage compared to three time man of the match world cup winner Andrea Pirlo, who has more medals than Beckham ever will have!

Enjoy the bench Beckham... you may come in the 80th minute when Milan is 4-0 up.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
wet ones own gian carlo LOL, you are funny wet ones.

i hope both sit out and coach give chance to flamini and cardicci.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is an obvious case of overrating a highly overrated player like Beckham. Just another one that cares about superficial nonsense, and not the actual value of the game. Thanks for the little argument, wet ones... it doesn't hold.

Sure, I'm indifferent about Beckham is coming here on loan... as long as it costs Milan nothing.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ashish said:
wet ones own gian carlo LOL, you are funny wet ones.

i hope both sit out and coach give chance to flamini and cardicci.

How does she own me? You're not one to talk. Seriously. Your arguments are about as childish as it comes. :head:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
My question again: Why???? They have NOTHING to do with each other!

Capello got rid of Ronaldo when he sold him to us after barely using him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Giancarlo's points are related to what happens in actual play....while Wetones clearly has sth against Pirlo and her points are all related to stats..and "facts"

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
And if you believe being a very religious person equates to always telling the truth, you are living in the twilight zone!

I was kidding. :o

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giancarlo said:
I disagree. But the part of being an assist machine... if you want to argue on that... compare Beckham to Seedorf. I dare you!
Beckham has more assists. I am 99.9% certain. Will try and prove it with stats. If I'm wrong, however, I will humbly apologise.

Giancarlo said:
My argument is about who is the better player overall.
So why on earth are you arguing with me??? Go argue with someone who says Beckham is a better midfielder.

Giancarlo said:
It was mostly the attack build up actually... he was named man of the match three times. That's not an accident.
Yet Cannavaro wins the golden ball :rolleyes:

Giancarlo said:
The only joke here is your obvious blind love for David Beckham... he's ugly anyways... now I don't go around judging men, but he's not a looker at all.
Hatred for Beckham oozes out from every single pore of my body. I believe he is the most overated 'footballer' in the history of the world. Can't use his left foot. Can't dribble (although there was this one game against Madrid where he dribbled past Roberto Carlos and dropped a few jaws). Is slow. Can't head. Can't tackle. However, he IS an assist machine. There is no denying. And all this because of his pin point crossing. And there are VERY few equals when it comes to his freekicks.

Giancarlo said:
One is a visionary (Pirlo) and the other is a bit of a Senderos type when it comes to intelligence. Come on now...
Oh God :head:

Giancarlo said:
Complete garbage compared to three time man of the match world cup winner Andrea Pirlo, who has more medals than Beckham ever will have!
Winning the treble is complete Garbage? Why? Because Milan has never won it?

Giancarlo said:
Enjoy the bench Beckham... you may come in the 80th minute when Milan is 4-0 up.
You do realise I'm not Beckham right? ;)

Giancarlo said:
How does she own me? You're not one to talk. Seriously. Your arguments are about as childish as it comes. :head:
'HE'! 'HE'!

NOT 'SHE'!

Milanista_13_22 said:
Capello got rid of Ronaldo when he sold him to us after barely using him.
Ummm so? What does that have to do with anything?

Milanista_13_22 said:
Giancarlo's points are related to what happens in actual play....while Wetones clearly has sth against Pirlo and her points are all related to stats..and "facts"
'HIS' points! :mad:

If I'm not mistaken, the freekicks and assists were achieved during 'actual play' :rolleyes:

Better freekicker? YES. Better Crosser? YES. An Assist machine? YES. Better player? Not in a million years.

Not really that hard to understand is it?

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
Actually, I'd say crucial/vital part, rather than integral. Sure Italy only conceded two goals the entire world cup, but the majority of their attacks came through Andrea. For me, he was easily the player of the tournament, as Zidane got the accolade mainly due to sentimental reasons.

Pirlo was MOM in both the final and semi. Not even Ronaldo and Zidane match this feat in their respective WC wins. We all know how he started the tournament + in the semi, it was his shot that Lehman parried away for the corner that led to his sublime assist for Grosso. In the final, it was his lob to Camoranesi that led to the corner which he delivered for Matrix. Even in Athens, it was his freekick that Pippo nudged in ... yes, fluke it was, but if it wasn't for Pirlo, no goal. And it was Pirlo who read Pennant's pass to Finnan, intercepted the ball + found Clarence with the move finishing off in Pippo's second.

Of course he didn't achieve all this success alone ... his career has a lot to do with a certain Gattuso, with which, the pair have won almost everything playing together. The heart of both Italy 06's and Milan 07's midfields were Pirlo and Gattuso. You couldn't find a better midfield pair during that period. Think of any central midfield pairs that have dominated in the two biggest tournaments in football consecutively?

And what about Becks? Did he win the treble singlehandedly? Would they have even been in final had it not been for Roy Keane? They certainly did miss him in the final + fluked their way to victory.

Wet Ones said:
England: One WC (FLUKE after a totally wrong call against Germany) and not even a semi-final after or before and One Euro Semi-final being their best.
I think they were in the semis in Italia 90. I remember this because they did beat Cameroon in the quarters :(

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
And what about Becks? Did he win the treble singlehandedly? Would they have even been in final had it not been for Roy Keane? They certainly did miss him in the final + fluked their way to victory.
He assisted the two goals at the end. Assisted the comeback goals against Juve in the semi. And if memory serves me right, assisted the goals against Inter in the Quarters.

Like I said. As a player/midfielder, there is no comparison.

But as a freekicker, 'assister', crosser, Beckham is miles ahead.

madtherchot said:
I think they were in the semis in Italia 90. I remember this because they did beat Cameroon in the quarters :(
Apologies. You are right. '90 semi final after an undeserved victory over Cameroon :mad:

Mr Fella

Beginner
Reaction score
I think ppl here need to remember that this is a forum. And the whole perpose of a forum is to express your opinion. And you should be able to challenge others opinion without being slagged off or have the piss taken out of you. I have left a couple of forums because of these reasons, I dont come on here to get into a slanging match!

Yes, Beckham can cross a ball better then most, but, as mentioned before he cannot take players on, offers no defensive abilities, and when he does tackle its normally a poor tackle. He cant head or take players on, any world class winger from any generation can take players on and often use both feet. Beckham doesnt even score many free kicks any more, and that is a fact. So are we just supposed to put Beckham on the wing pass to him and allow him to cross cross cross! If this is his only useful aspect, then wot the hell are we arguing about. I think a lot of ppl on here are very anti Pirlo, fair enough, I think he is a top player, he has shown loyalty, and helped Italy and Milan acheive great things, and that cannot be argued, if some ppl dont like him thats fine, thats their choice. Im not gonna argue with anyone about it

My problem is, signing a player we dont need, because we dont IMO. If we need a winger, then lets look at fast, skillfull wingers who also offer some kind of defensive aspects as well, not donkey Beckham!

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mr Fella said:
My problem is, signing a player we dont need, because we dont IMO. If we need a winger, then lets look at fast, skillfull wingers who also offer some kind of defensive aspects as well, not donkey Beckham!
When was the last time our beloved club actually signed someone with improving the squad in mind?

Our last few transactions, with the exception of Flamini, has been either Charity of Money motivated.

:head:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
Apologies. You are right. '90 semi final after an undeserved victory over Cameroon :mad:
Yeah ... Gary Linekar sure did drop like a sack of potatoes.

Interesting ... you don't think Dinho was a useful acquisition?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Yeah ... Gary Linekar sure did drop like a sack of potatoes.
:mad:

madtherchot said:
Interesting ... you don't think Dinho was a useful acquisition?
I think he is turning out to be a useful acqusition. However, I believe the acqusition itself was more to do with what Ronaldinho can add to Berlu's wallet rather than his trophy cabinet.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I`m reading on goal .com that merda are supposedly gonna spend 30 millions on di maria in the winter transfer market,and all the merda fans are all " this is a way better investment then milan`s becks deal" .

1. becks will cost nothing.
2.di maria is a promising talent but his not worth that much.
3.they have just bought this summer another 2 wingers in mancini and quaresma..
4.hope they do splash 30 mil,i would to see inter go bank rupt soon :D

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
C_3_Media_533590_immagine_det.jpg

:D

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
Besfort said:

nope, that picture will be "MILAN WINS DERBY AGAINST INTER FOR THE 2ND TIME IN THE SEASON WITH A MARVELOUS FREE KICK FROM DAVID BECKHAM AFTER THE SCORE WAS 3-3 BUT BECKHAM SCORED IN THE FINAL 15 MINUTES"

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Giancarlo said:
Seriously, what does it have to do with being tired?

Beckham is utter rubbish compared to Pirlo. And he's far from the best crosser. What an atrocity! Pirlo is better at crosses, better at playing deep, better at just about everything... I can't even believe you're going to say that at any point was Beckham better than Pirlo, the three time man of the match winner in the World Cup... the key element of Italy's win in the world cup... I can't even believe thatThe best crosser? That's such a joke. You overrate him. Beckham was never worth even starting in Milan in my opinion. He's at best a back up for Pirlo. Even when he was younger!
OMG did you say Pirlo is the better crosser :eek: Becks had made his FAME on being the best corsser in the UNIVERSE.......Juninho might be better or as good on free kicks but crossing?? :conf: Becks crosses look like striker-seeking missiles :eek:

Before you get your frilly panites in a bunch ALL of my posts before spoke of WHY Pirlo >>>> Becks....ok go on toss your shit :rolleyes:
Milano84 said:
the funny thing about it is, everyone is saying its for marketing.... isnt ronaldinho a big enough star in world football? Is beckham really that much bigger than him? Maybe in us... but worldwide?

im personally excited to see the seedorf, pirlo, beckham midfield. take about workrate!
ask 99 out of 100 yanks who the "best soccer player in the world is? " I'm guessing that they can't even pronounce 'Ronaldinho' :o

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Crespo, Pirlo, Nesta, Shevchenko
Lol,

this is funny and depressing at the same time

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I'm looking for some stats on Beckham for you guys, but meanwhile here's a vid of all his free kicks up until a short time ago.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
drucurl said:
ask 99 out of 100 yanks who the "best soccer player in the world is? " I'm guessing that they can't even pronounce 'Ronaldinho' :o

well duh... but as big as america is, the market for football is not. My point being, he may grab milan a few more headlines in US, BUT he isnt selling that many jerseys.... just cause some redneck in alabama knows who beckham is (and not ronaldinho) doesnt mean he's gonna go to the store and buy a beckham jersey

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=927167

its too long to post it all, without being annoying. Its also goal.com perspective so its not exactly 100% accurate, but i think they really just gathered headlines from world newspapers so eitherway... interesting

edit: BTW anyone who thinks beckham wont play is mad. He will see the pitch, in a few games is my prediction. He wont sell anything if he's not playing. Everyone also underrates his ability, he is by no means the best, but he plays hard, runs, is motivated, will tackle, and is still 1 of best passers in world (and something i think the english overlook.... the mopst technical english player). He has more than enough ability to settle in and play midtable serie A games or any uefa cup fixtures. He still has enough skill to play against 'celtic or schalke or whatever team we'll see in later rounds of eufa, and can handle teams like sampdoria, udinese etc.

As far as i'm concerned. I'd RATHER have him play than seedorf, because seedorf is 1 of the laziest footballers and it KILLS ME, not because he's bad... but because he is good, and just doesnt perform unless its against a big team. His general lack of effort movement when he's not in a big match or underfire is embarassing

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I think La Galaxy's coach has denied the Reports.
He said that such move will not benefit La Galaxy.

Schedule