Week 27: Genoa vs Milan - 11/03/2018 - 18:00CET

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
this is probably how benevento fans felt after drawing with us
No chance.. It was their 1st point in Serie A, plus their goalkeeper scored the equaliser.. Way crazier!

Although yesterday did feel pretty amazing! Forza Milan! :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
u really thought biglia played good? or :conf:

I don't but see others have that opinion
DYB-cCsX0AEUooH.jpg:large

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Biglia not playing well its just not true, his job is divided by two

Defence: Being extra defensiveman helping stoping fast counter attacks which he is doing pretty good there.

Attack: Maintain possesion and delivering the ball through the flanks.

It's the most unappreciated job in football but the most important one.

He is not as good as pirlo for example although he is a key player.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
All things considered I feel like Lucas was pretty meh in that match but certainly better than he was against Arsenal. But we've seen what he can do in recent matches, he can certainly do better. When he's on, he's extremely valuable for us.

His passing chart does seem a lot better than what watching the match made me feel tough.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A very important win. 6 points from 4th with a game in hand the Derby. 4th place is possible if we can continue this form.

It feels amazing to win in the final seconds of the game and hopefully this will kick start Silva's season.

Forza Milan!

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
:thumbsup::star:

Gotta say though, I am happy for you on this day because I know this must be pretty special to you for him to finally score his Serie A goal(sure, it's special for all of us, but he was your boy since day 1)

I hope Silva jump starts a marvelous career with us with that goal.

Thanks.. it was incredible my reaction was crazy lol.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
very crucial win.
other rivals dropped points this week so if we also dropped points after a home defeat it will really hurt our chances with big games coming up.
lets hope the boys are going to last until the end
FORZA MILAN!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Ok... Let the end of the match not delude us from the obvious fact that it was a poor performance from the team in general.

That hunger, that eagerness to turn things around after a first defeat which we all talked about pre-match simply wasn't there especially in the first half.

That is the same pointless possession passing with what looks like no clear ideas of what do that I personally saw with Montella's Milan this season... For me this is unacceptable.

Borini at RB also kind of ruined our main source of goals... From the right. Suso only ended up dropping deeper and more central and not in the position he is most dangerous from... The right wing, cutting in or going wide depending on the RB's movement... When he was switched the the left, I didn't see any improvement either.

Biglia needs to impose himself in matches. He lost too many balls, even being shrugged off what looked like safe positions, putting us in danger. He dropped deeper and almost played centrally in a back three at times... But still not imposing... I think we have to look for a top holding midfielder ... It will greatly improve the team.

Kalinic... Well, he missed from point blank range.

Bonaventura and Hakan didn't have the best of games either with the former wasting a lot of good positions on long shots that were off target at times. We should only be taking long shots when we can test the keeper properly and look for fumbles/rebounds/corners etc.

I like RR... It was a good game from him. Worked hard. Kessie tried too much and was all over... But didn't make his presence felt as much as he should have.

All in all, Genoa also had great opportunities to score. We really have to work harder and improve our game if we're to get anything off this season.

Happy for Silva.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ok... Let the end of the match not delude us from the obvious fact that it was a poor performance from the team in general.

That hunger, that eagerness to turn things around after a first defeat which we all talked about pre-match simply wasn't there especially in the first half.

That is the same pointless possession passing with what looks like no clear ideas of what do that I personally saw with Montella's Milan this season... For me this is unacceptable.

it wasn't pointless possession. it was typical serie a game where opponents closes the shop and leaves you zero space. genoa played great game both offensively and defensively and could easily have sneaked 3 points just as we did. we suffered because both hakan and bona were clueless and kessie wasn't much adventurous going forward.