Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
@Dzidzius

No matter what your definition for a squad player is, you can't justify putting Costacurta and someone like Antonini in the same group. That just 'aint right.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Abate's crossing isnt as terrible as some make it out to be... it seems if the cross doesnt hit a striker in the head and go in the back of the net it was a bad cross to many...

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wow

Well your definition of squad player is bizarre, but even following it, you are mistaken. Costacurta, Rijkaard, Donadoni were all world class players.

Who on our current team could even be put in the same category as them? Only Nesta. Those are not squad players, so it is ridiculous to demean the importance of those legends to the successes of past Milan teams.

Man if want to compare this team and Milan from 90`s.
The ball boy could be more legendary then Abate will ever be.

Keane, even in his prime could be easily replaced by other players for the team. Whithiout Baggio Italy wouldn`t be in the final 94.

Same for Vieira not for Zidane.
Do you want me to start drawing?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Dzidzius

No matter what your definition for a squad player is, you can't justify putting Costacurta and someone like Antonini in the same group. That just 'aint right.

+1

in his prime, Costacurta was arguably a top 10 defender in the world. How is that a squad player?

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
@Dzidzius

First smart person here for fuck sake.

As I just said comparing to the team from 90`s the ball boy could be more legendary then Abate will ever be.

There were players then and different are now.

You don`t put Boriello in same category as Van Basten do you?

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
+1

in his prime, Costacurta was arguably a top 10 defender in the world. How is that a squad player?

very arguably

At his best Costacurta was still much worse then Nesta was at his best.
If someone thinks otherwise, please stop reading statistics and history books boys and watch some old games

Last edited:

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wow

Well your definition of squad player is bizarre, but even following it, you are mistaken. Costacurta, Rijkaard, Donadoni were all world class players.

Who on our current team could even be put in the same category as them? Only Nesta. Those are not squad players, so it is ridiculous to demean the importance of those legends to the successes of past Milan teams.

Mate, have you actually seen those guys play?
Or you just learned Rijkard`s name after coaching barcelona?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mate, have you actually seen those guys play?
Or you just learned Rijkard`s name after coaching barcelona?

who was better than Rijkaard at his position in his prime? while he was playing

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I`ll explain 1 lat time, maybe my english is not good enough so that is causing confusion people. If it is still too controversial for you , I don`t care.

If Bonera was always fit always at hist best and playing next to Nesta
he would have more or less same role and impact on the team as Costacurta had playing next to Baresi.

Doesn`t mean he is or was or will be better then Costacurta

If we follow your thinking in 10yrs you will be saying that Inzaghi was a God so now to go to Inzaghi`s thread and read what you`re saying of him now.

That`s what Costacurta was - solid defender at best. Late years accident to happen. Doesn`t mean that if they played at the same time he couldn`t be much better then Bonera - he was

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
who was better than Rijkaard at his position in his prime? while he was playing
What you mean while he was playing?
Who was best defensive midlefielder on Monday?

Actually I have seen him play many times and the biggest impression he did on me was in the final when he played for Ajax vs Milan

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I`ll explain 1 lat time, maybe my english is not good enough so that is causing confusion people. If it is still too controversial for you , I don`t care.

If Bonera was always fit always at hist best and playing next to Nesta
he would have more or less same role and impact on the team as Costacurta had playing next to Baresi.

Doesn`t mean he is or was or will be better then Costacurta

If we follow your thinking in 10yrs you will be saying that Inzaghi was a God so now to go to Inzaghi`s thread and read what you`re saying of him now.

That`s what Costacurta was - solid defender at best. Late years accident to happen. Doesn`t mean that if they played at the same time he couldn`t be much better then Bonera - he was
Pippo IS a god and the only people hating on him are the retards. Billy = :star:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
but I think the problem is that you are decreasing a player's class based on who he played with.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Dude do yourself a favour and shutup already.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Dude do yourself a favour and shutup already.

So yeah, Abate is decent squad player for this team and next few years

Ps

If not for who Costacurta played with he wouldn`t go that far

adanshen

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
keep up that cross!!

I really think if we keep playing two forwards, and get someone to stay at the near post, Abate's crazay run and cross will be very useful.
Not sure why he gave up those "senseless" by-speed-only sprints in a few games, which proved veyy useful in a lot other games.
If he wants to be Maicon II, he needs to practice his shooting though, left foot 2 hours/day, right foot 1 hour/day

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah, Guti was but right at the begining I remember him and ambrosini starting games and being subsituted at HF.

I don`t know if you remember Guti when he was starting was been talked about as a second Redondo.

He actually covered most positions besides GK for Real during his career. Even played as second striker few games. I alway thought of him in same category as Ambrosini at Milan that is what I meant.
You know - type of ok player with strong club identity playing constant good over years with different systems and coaches.

If we have 3 young guns like Abate I am happy

agree with you. I prefer abate anyday over the emersons, kaladzes and co milan seems to be acquiring.. For simply reason he will bleed for the first and do whatever. He is valuable squad player who will bust his ass. Kind of a reason, i wanna see paloschi back next year. I think maybe it's because after seeing zigoni, it made me realize how much more prepared paloschi was, but the kid always worked his ass off, and had good movement in the box.

You see barca with players like bojan, pedro etc. man utd with gibson, oshea and fletcher (who since turned into a very quality player). Something to be said for that

Last edited:

fengxiaoj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, Nesta, Zidane, etc.
I don't see why he can't be at least someone like Walcott for us. I don't think Abate has much technique or is gifted with composure on the ball, and I don't know how well we can count on him to be a permanent solution for FB. But he can at the very least be a role player for us... just train him to cut in and shoot.

Darlington

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone who helps get more scudetto and CL!
His speed is very usefull especially nw that our style of play is too slow. If only abate can shoot at least half of shevy, he wld make much more sense.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
His speed def. is important and good for us because many others are so slow, it's just great then to have someone running up and down the whole game. He's also not bad at the RB position, with our current squad I prefer him as starter there.
In the last match one of his crosses also was a goal (with the help from Cagliari, but still it was a goal). Abate just needs to work a bit more on them and then I'm sure he could help us score more goals or even score some himself.
He's one of the youngest in our squad, so we def. should keep him and rather throw out Oddo, etc. who are much older. Another good thing is that Abate can play on the whole right side, every position, that's very good for him and also for us.

adanshen

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ballotelli two assists from wide right side, it's your turn, Abate. Show your crazy and "headless" run
No more 50 meter passing back please

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
absolute beast for the last 20 -15 mins, winning balls and finally able to cross, keep it up, had a couple of runs behind the defence, looked good, if he keeps up like this he can become great at rb.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
In the second half he made some good crosses, one also led to our second goal. He was really good in the second half and def. showed better crosses.
In the last two games, two of his crosses led to a goal, def. an improvement so I hope he makes more of these and helps us score this way.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's fast, he's strong in tackles. I have never seen him being unable to chase down any strikers we have faced. If he could provide more crosses similar to the one he did to Borriello last game then he would be a perfect RB.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
abate at his best is shit. he won't be great rb face it. he's fast and that's all. sometimes he creates decent cross but one per match at most. he sucks at tackles and is to be blamed directly for at least 3 goals this season we conceded.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Difficult recovery Abate

Difficult recovery Abate

04/30/2010 17:00 Pietro Mazzara

7968715190bf683ae734dc0b11b5a086-1272635783.jpeg

It seems to be difficult to recover by Ignazio Abate for the race tomorrow night between Milan and Fiorentina. And 'was Leonardo himself to say during the press conference held a few weeks ago at Milanello during which the Rossoneri coach did not appear very optimistic about the recovery of the outside defensive stopped before the match with Palermo.

Quick Recovery... we need you in the last couple games.