The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 31-07-2017, 16:42   #2841
Sage
Phase 2

bisping GSP has always been the plan, even woodley knew that he's not getting GSP before the maia fight happened.

I watched woodley's post fight press conference, he didn't say it was a great fight he said it was a great defensive/tactical performance, which I 100% agree with.

he also said that he injured his shoulder during the fight so he couldn't throw as much as he wanted to.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 17:19   #2842
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
I don't think that is the case with MB, and I think he has a valid argument.

However MB, I remember awhile ago you lectured me because I said Iran was boring af during the World Cup and they should just go home and you said "they have no obligations to entertain you..." or something along those lines.

I think same applies here. Even if Dana takes Woodley out of the supposed "big fights" and fans hate on him, Woodley needs to make sure he retains his belt and takes as little damage as possible. And that is exactly what GSP did before he retired...
Iran is an absolute shit football team, ie not champions. What I said was that that you could have some expectations from a champ. I also said that I respect that Woodley does what he thinks he needs to retain the belt, 100%. But, he can't expect to be appreciated by the fans and getting big money fights, which he does. That's what's been annoying me about him from the start.

I couldn't stand GSP in his 2-3 years. I was disgusted with Silva's performance vs Maia. And I think Jones should have accepted the fight vs Sonnen the first time it was offered.

It's hard to compare football and fighting, different cultures.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 17:46   #2843
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Iran is an absolute shit football team, ie not champions. What I said was that that you could have some expectations from a champ. I also said that I respect that Woodley does what he thinks he needs to retain the belt, 100%. But, he can't expect to be appreciated by the fans and getting big money fights, which he does. That's what's been annoying me about him from the start.

I couldn't stand GSP in his 2-3 years. I was disgusted with Silva's performance vs Maia. And I think Jones should have accepted the fight vs Sonnen the first time it was offered.

It's hard to compare football and fighting, different cultures.

I agree with all points here and I see your point regarding Woodley wanting fan's appreciation.

I personally get where Woodley is coming from. As someone who grapples, I can understand and appreciate the intricacies of even minor grip fighting or fighting for positions in the clinch, which is why I, like Sage, did not fight the fight itself boring. However, I was quite tired and after watching the first round I was sure Maia would not be able to win (or take down Woodley) so I went to sleep.

I think Woodley's frustration is with the fact that the sport has grown massively yet the fan base has not. A good example is if you watch some of the cards from TUF 1-5 era there are people who are part-timers and have 0 clue how to defend takedowns or submissions and people who just go in to "BANG". Whereas now you hardly see guys like that, which forces the fighters to be smarter and more technical, but you still have MANY new fans who are largely uneducated and still expect the mentality from the TUF 1-5 age and want to see guys like Leonard Garcia.

Signature
Curupira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 20:55   #2844
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
However, I was quite tired and after watching the first round I was sure Maia would not be able to win (or take down Woodley) so I went to sleep.
Enough said, you turned off a title fight and went to sleep.

Meanwhile Sage:

Signature
GOAT
Old 31-07-2017, 21:50   #2845
Sage
Phase 2

MB:

Old 01-08-2017, 00:15   #2846
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben

Another thing, GSP would get knocked out versus Woodley. Dana knows Bisping is the easier fight for him.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:12   #2847
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
Another thing, GSP would get knocked out versus Woodley. Dana knows Bisping is the easier fight for him.
GSP also knows this. He's totally ducking Woodley. He's not even fought at MW ever before AFAIK. Says a lot about what other fighters think about Bisping though

Signature
GOAT
Old 01-08-2017, 04:46   #2848
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneWoodley View Post
I donít care so much about the fans, but when your job title is promoter, promote your f*cking fighters. Promote your champion. Donít demote your champion. I threw my shoulder out in the first round, I wasnít able to throw any damaging shots ó for you guys who donít understand what a labrum tear is, go get on Google or Wikipedia and figure it out ó and I still stayed the course, I stayed on path, I stayed on point, I executed the gameplan. I had to reduce all of my shots from overhands, uppercuts, things that were hurting my shoulder, to straight punches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneWoodley View Post
So, sorry in advance, Iím mad because Iíve had this surgery before. Itís not a fun one. Itís not a quick recovery. Itís not something that Iím excited about. Iím going to get a couple second opinions. Literally Iím in the Uber right now, I just f*cking got out of the doctors office, like right this second. Thereís paperwork in my hand. So Iím just, Iím owed a public apology. Youíre going to publicly scrutinize me, Dana White? You publicly need to apologize to me. Iíve done nothing but good stuff for the sport. Iíve done nothing but be a good model for the f*cking organization. I go out there and I fight with integrity. I covered your sport from the FOX desk a week before my fight. I always uphold my responsibilities to the organization. Itís timeout for that. The word behind Ďbusinessí is Ďman.í You need to be a man, you owe me a public apology. And if I donít get that, Iím going to start leaking some sh*t that people donít want to be out in the wind. Iím not even kidding about that. They know what Iím referring to. Iím due a public apology.
Maybe he knows GSP is ducking him

Signature
Old 01-08-2017, 06:20   #2849
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
GSP also knows this. He's totally ducking Woodley. He's not even fought at MW ever before AFAIK. Says a lot about what other fighters think about Bisping though
So Bisping knocked out RockSalt, but he can't do the same to GSP..okay budeh

The reason why this fight is being made is money, if Woodley would have been the bigger draw they would have done that instead.

Signature

Last edited by Az.; 01-08-2017 at 06:27.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:12   #2850
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Gsp 100% doesnt want to fight woodley. Take pre usada hendricks who faced gsp and then just add explosiveness, more power, more strength, better reflexes, bigger reach and better grappling then tou get woodley. Woodley will flatline gsp.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:20   #2851
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Gsp 100% doesnt want to fight woodley. Take pre usada hendricks who faced gsp and then just add explosiveness, more power, more strength, better reflexes, bigger reach and better grappling then tou get woodley. Woodley will flatline gsp.
He has a good chance to outpoint him, but that's just about it. He won't risk throwing hay makers at GSP, he will play it safe.

Also while the guy does hit hard, its not like USADA Hendricks, who was barely touching people and they were going to sleep.

Either way, GSP won't stand a chance against left hook Larry.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:31   #2852
SuperP
World Cup Winner

I don't think GSP is scared, he's just making the right choice.

Woodley is now known as "The Boring One", and is arguably a tougher fight (Bisping is no joke).

In the end of the day he wants to earn money, and like Dana said Bisping comes to fight.

And to those comparing GSP and Woodley check this out from /r/mma: The first three title defences

SuperP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:48   #2853
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

@az,
Nha dude. Woodley right overhand would knock any welterweight not called gastulem out. Much more powerful than hendricks. Hendricks has been avoiding woodley for a long time and there is a reason why.
Old 01-08-2017, 13:04   #2854
SuperP
World Cup Winner

@Jacare Rory made Woodley his bitch and Nick Diaz chin. I don't know why people don't abuse Woodley backing againts the cage like Rory did.
SuperP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 15:03   #2855
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

At that time woodley dint even have a coach man. He has evolved now. Would like to see a rematch for sure. Rory lost to wonderboy quite convincingly yet woodley beat wonderboy. I really like rory but i dont see him beating wonderboy. Woodley rory would be interesting.
Old 01-08-2017, 16:59   #2856
Sage
Phase 2

woodza tore his labrum in the first round, makes his performance even better

p4p #2
Old 01-08-2017, 18:02   #2857
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Labrum tear is no joke. Woodley may be out for awhile.

Signature
Old 01-08-2017, 18:06   #2858
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

woodza is legit. I think gastulem, rory and maybe douglas lima could potentially beat him. He is getting old. He probably only has another 2 good years left in him. He is 35.
Gastulem is definitely a future champ. Mark my words. Rory, i really hope he comes back to ufc after destroying douglas lima.

btw is paul daley any good? i remember rogan saying something along the lines that he is one of the best fighters in bellator. He is up there with douglas lima and larkin. I just dont rate him judging by his performances against elite competition. He has not beaten anyone noteworthy.
Old 01-08-2017, 18:11   #2859
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
woodza is legit. I think gastulem, rory and maybe douglas lima could potentially beat him. He is getting old. He probably only has another 2 good years left in him. He is 35.
Gastulem is definitely a future champ. Mark my words. Rory, i really hope he comes back to ufc after destroying douglas lima.

btw is paul daley any good? i remember rogan saying something along the lines that he is one of the best fighters in bellator. He is up there with douglas lima and larkin. I just dont rate him judging by his performances against elite competition. He has not beaten anyone noteworthy.
Daley is very one-dimensional, his grappling is virtually non-existent. At this day and age, I would say that is a auto-DQ from being elite at his weight division.

Gastelum is good but he's already missed weight 3 times at welterweight...

Signature
Old 01-08-2017, 18:28   #2860
Sage
Phase 2

mma fans:

he take no risks!!!!!!! y he no throw haymakerz!!!