The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Few months ago after mercato I wrote this:
6/10 mercato's rate is as much an exaggeration as saying it was 10/10.
Without starting LW I would hesitate between 7 and 8 out of 10. Buying bench players like Biglia, Kalinić, probably even Musacchio (Bonucci has to play, Romagnoli suits him better) won't have any sense without a decent striker. And staying with Borini on LW position would be catastrophic. He wasn't good enough for Sunderland FFS! We should focus on the bench AFTER completing our first squad.

Also this APACF event as an interview between Fassone and Mirabelli is the biggest marketing flop I've ever seen and believe me, in Poland I've seen a lot of those. It beats "Inter is coming" or "Mr X saga" in a heartbeat.
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?p=2750002#post2750002

Literally noone agreed with me, each and every one of you wrote nothing but love letters to Fassone and Mirabelli because all of them were doing was spending money without any idea - and you felt on it, all you needed and wanted was spending money, even without any reason. All I needed was four months to prove me right. Unfortunately, I would prefer seeing my points wrong but Milan on a higher position.

What I wrote then?
That Biglia is worse than Montolivo and will be a bench player along Locatelli;
That Kalinić is far worse than Bacca;
That we don't need Bonucci;
That money should be spend on LW, vice-Kessie (or simply leaving Kucka) rather than on Kalinic or Biglia;
That we don't have players to any system - we have too many registas, strikers, CBs but too less b2b midfielders, too less wingers. We don't have wide players for 4-3-3 and 3-5-2.

Let's be honest and fair - Galliani would have done a lot more with this amount of money. I don't blame just Montella - all he did was ruining our fitness. It's a lot, but with better players it wouldn't ruin our season. I don't blame entirely players - we do not have a complete team, so we don't play like one.

To me it was Fassone and Mirabelli who ruined our season - they failed miserabely in mercato, they sold wrong players with buying even worse. It is mostly their fault - coaches and players aren't saints, they made their mistakes, but with intelligent mercato we would be on totally different level.

Hopefully Mirabelli will start acting like a man and will take the blame. Then Fassone needs to decide whether to keep Mirabelli with his hands tied and force him to buy only the players this team needs - not just quality ones - or let Mirabelli go ruin other teams with bringing to Milan a better sporting director with a clear vision.
I wouldn't have anything against sporting director in Monchi's type - who works separately from coach's demands, all I want is a sporting director who buys players with a reason and idea. Who understands that we don't need 5 CBs and 3 strikers when we play with 2 CBs and 1 striker while in the squad there are just 1 b2b midfielder and 1 winger for 3 positions...

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Kaka has called it a day. Another F&M fuck up, the guy wanted to play on for a bit and we needed him badly also.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
wow.. Galliani back :lol: how low have we fallen. Stockholm syndrome at best. Everyone agreed with F&M in summer, and kissed their asses, now suddenly they are to blame. In what exactly? What changed at Inter this season? They sucked under Tohir, they sucked after reselling. What happened? Exactly.. we sacked our coach and got a worse coach, who's not even a coach. Everyone knows Rino is a ferryman, and we'll try to fix things next season. All that can be done now is to play every EL game like its a CL final. Then there's hope. Even Di Matteo won CL, so Rino can win EL if the team dies on the pitch in every game.

:thumbsup:

Nothing is wrong with our management nor the majority of players they signed. Andre Silva, Kalinic, Calhanoglu and A. Donnarumma are all money that went down the drain. Around 90m spent on these players... pfff... But the rest were good signings.

It's all our coaches fault, seriously. Look at all the coaches we've had since Allegri: Seedorf, Pippo, Mihajlovic, Brocchi, Montella and now Gattuso. None of these were anywhere near good enough to bring us back among the top 3 in Serie A. Mihajlovic was somewhat good but the rest were not good enough.

Until we find a coach that KNOWS how to manage a team, not just with the play but fitness and other areas, a complete coach, we wont return back to the top. Look at Merda, all they needed was a expereinced, good coach that knows his stuff to atleast get back to winning (for now).

Hopefully we get that fuck Conte in summer

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
depression-quote-about-fake-smiles-4-picture-quote-1.jpg

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan are now closer to the relegation zone than the Champions League places after seven wins, three draws and seven defeats.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirabelli: 'Mortified for Milan'

Milan director Massimiliano Mirabelli was “mortified” by a 3-0 defeat to Verona, but “would make the same decisions on the transfer market.”

The Rossoneri were flattened 3-0 by relegation contenders Hellas Verona at the Stadio Bentegodi, just three days after a 3-0 win over the same team in the Coppa Italia at San Siro.

“We are mortified for the fans, who are giving us such great support,” director of sport Mirabelli told Sky Sport Italia.

“The team dominated the game for long periods, then we were undone by that goal and couldn’t get it back on track. We started the second half strong, but their second goal knocked the wind out of us.

“There are no excuses, but I did not see the kind of domination that a 3-0 result would suggest.”

Milan are now closer to the relegation zone than the Champions League places after seven wins, three draws and seven defeats.

“We knew from the start it would be a difficult journey. We’re doing a type of fitness work with Gennaro Gattuso that’ll take us to the end of the season, so in the short-term that will have an effect.

“There is no specific time-frame, but we are working and have to get out of this situation. We’re a little far behind now in Serie A, but are also involved on two other fronts.”

Mirabelli was asked if he had any regrets, considering the struggles of new players like Lucas Biglia, Nikola Kalinic and Andre Silva.

“It’s a new team, the problems are physiological and at the end of the day, we’ll see where we are. I would make the same decisions again on the transfer market. We had to lay the foundations for the Milan of the future, so we sought out players we knew, who would also allow us to keep the average age down.

“We had to create a solid core on which Milan can build an important future era.”

It has been a very tough week for the Rossoneri, who saw UEFA reject their Financial Fair Play voluntary agreement proposal and then ultras viciously insulted Gianluigi Donnarumma over an alleged contract dispute.

“There is no Gigio problem, as he does not want to leave. We wish to continue with this group, without making January buys or sales.”

Donnarumma’s agent, Mino Raiola, publicly blamed Mirabelli for Milan’s problems.

“I reply to Raiola with a smile. We’ll see where we are at the end.”

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kaka confirms retirement

“I would like to work at a club as a manager, a sporting director or in a role that combines things on the pitch and the club."

There have been rumours in recent weeks that the Rossoneri made an offer to Kaka to return to the club in a non-playing capacity - something the Brazilian confirmed to be true.

“It’s true that recently Milan made me an offer, we will see.”

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan made fools of themselves at Verona, says Gattuso

MILAN (Reuters) - AC Milan coach Gennaro Gattuso gave a brutally honest assessment of his team’s 3-0 defeat at lowly Verona on Sunday, saying his expensively-assembled side had made fools of themselves.

The defeat completed a miserable week for Milan after UEFA exposed the club’s financial worries on Friday and 18-year-old goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma was left in tears after being insulted by fans at the San Siro on Wednesday.

Gattuso, who had not coached a Serie A team before he was appointed last month, said his side had started well but failed to react after falling behind in the 24th minute.

”Until the first goal, we played some good football and created plenty of chances,“ the fiery former midfielder told reporters. ”Then, at the first sign of trouble, we collapsed as we have so often this season.

”We need to understand why we collapsed like that.....we don’t know how to react when we go behind.

“There are no excuses, we made fools of ourselves,” he said.

Milan, who spent more than 200 million euros ($235 million) during the transfer window, were left seventh in Serie A with 24 points from 17 games - seven wins, three draws and seven defeats.

The decision to fire Vincenzo Montella in November and promote Gattuso from the youth team coaching role has failed to produce an improvement with one win, one draw and one defeat since the change.

On Friday, UEFA rejected Milan’s request for a voluntary agreement that would have temporarily exempted the club from European football’s break even rule known as Financial Fair Play.

UEFA said there were still uncertainties over the financing of the loans to be paid back next year and the financial guarantees provided “by the main shareholder”.

Gattuso said this had no effect on the team.

“It would be easier to say this was weighing on us, but it’s not the case,” he said. “The players are being paid punctually at the end of each month and there are no such problems in the dressing-room.”

Donnarumma, 18, signed a new contract with the club during the summer but Milan fans were angered by media reports that he could leave the club in January.

However, Milan’s sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli told television reporters on Sunday that Donnarumma did not want to leave.

“There’s no problem with Gigio,” he said.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Part of the blame does fall on Mirabelli. He signed players without thinking of the 4-3-3 that Montella had going on and instead made the coach have to switch to a new formation to accommodate players.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Part of the blame does fall on Mirabelli. He signed players without thinking of the 4-3-3 that Montella had going on and instead made the coach have to switch to a new formation to accommodate players.

To think he had a year or so to scout players haha.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No worries, Milan will soon belong to Elliott and hopefully they sell to actual real owners. Fassone and Mirabelli will be gone.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
The next move as we continue to barrel below rock bottom should be firing Mirabelli. Obviously he has no clue what he's doing. And you can't trust him going forward to spend significant resources again (if we even have any haha). They should have locked up Monchi for SD when we he was sitting there for the taking.

Sell Donnarumma and Bonucci while they have high value and rebuild this thing with someone not named Mirabelli and a class coach.

he knows how to pick up a fight with everyone :proud:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
No worries, Milan will soon belong to Elliott and hopefully they sell to actual real owners. Fassone and Mirabelli will be gone.

Elliott will sell us after they've stripped us from our biggest assets, meaning our best players.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To think he had a year or so to scout players haha.

I can see why Inter released him.

And it's annoying to remember that Mirabelli and Fassone kicked out our previous scout Bianchessi who got us Donnarumma, Locatelli, and Cutrone.

Bianchessi had a better eye for talent and now he's at Lazio.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Closer to the relegation zone than 4th

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Elliott will sell us after they've stripped us from our biggest assets, meaning our best players.

Shame we’re gonna have to sell the likes of Borini, Montolivo and Calabria.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaka confirms retirement

“I would like to work at a club as a manager, a sporting director or in a role that combines things on the pitch and the club."

There have been rumours in recent weeks that the Rossoneri made an offer to Kaka to return to the club in a non-playing capacity - something the Brazilian confirmed to be true.

“It’s true that recently Milan made me an offer, we will see.”

just on time

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I can see why Inter released him.

And it's annoying to remember that Mirabelli and Fassone kicked out our previous scout Bianchessi who got us Donnarumma, , Locatelli, and Cutrone.

Bianchessi had a better eye for talent and now he's at Lazio.

Meh

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Literally noone agreed with me, each and every one of you wrote nothing but love letters to Fassone and Mirabelli because all of them were doing was spending money without any idea - and you felt on it, all you needed and wanted was spending money, even without any reason. All I needed was four months to prove me right. Unfortunately, I would prefer seeing my points wrong but Milan on a higher position.

What I wrote then?
That money should be spend on LW, vice-Kessie (or simply leaving Kucka) rather than on Kalinic or Biglia;
That we don't have players to any system - we have too many registas, strikers, CBs but too less b2b midfielders, too less wingers. We don't have wide players for 4-3-3 and 3-5-2.

Let's be honest and fair - Galliani would have done a lot more with this amount of money. I don't blame just Montella - all he did was ruining our fitness. It's a lot, but with better players it wouldn't ruin our season. I don't blame entirely players - we do not have a complete team, so we don't play like one.

To me it was Fassone and Mirabelli who ruined our season - they failed miserabely in mercato, they sold wrong players with buying even worse. It is mostly their fault - coaches and players aren't saints, they made their mistakes, but with intelligent mercato we would be on totally different level.

Hopefully Mirabelli will start acting like a man and will take the blame. Then Fassone needs to decide whether to keep Mirabelli with his hands tied and force him to buy only the players this team needs - not just quality ones - or let Mirabelli go ruin other teams with bringing to Milan a better sporting director with a clear vision.
I wouldn't have anything against sporting director in Monchi's type - who works separately from coach's demands, all I want is a sporting director who buys players with a reason and idea. Who understands that we don't need 5 CBs and 3 strikers when we play with 2 CBs and 1 striker while in the squad there are just 1 b2b midfielder and 1 winger for 3 positions...

some good points and some bad points on it
your good points is that they bought depth players before buying starters.
honest question is which starter of wc quality would come to this shipwreck that :g: created with passion all those years?
another good point is that we bought many cbs and registas and no cam or lw...
bad points is where u mention that :g: would have done better
with 100m he bought bacca, l adriano, berto and roma...and guess what only roma still plays for this team...

fact is that we should have built on the team we had and not build a completely new starting 11 (mostly with depth players and not starters though...)

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Id be about 30 before milan win the league again

we are soooooo far off

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I reckon Id be about 30 before milan win the league again

we are soooooo far off

and you are currently 11.
so it means...

omg wtf.
you have to wait another 19 years more

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

What I wrote then?

omg seriously guys...
until now still nobody got time to read Gacek post?
again?
:lol:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Miha said we needed an excorsist, Dorf wanted a psychologist....

Some truth is hidden those thoughts.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Its quite amazing how bad our management is, i would laugh if i wasn't still a fan of this clown team.

Status
Not open for further replies.