German Bundesliga Thread

Rex

Reaction score
Off for couple days due to work duty and someone has 'pointed' at me. :D

All I know from the latest news, Ribery would rather play in La Liga instead of Arsenal, Bayern and Juventus who also chase his signature, particularly Real Madrid are the exact club which the French hopes them suppose to sign him in.

Zidane might be the man behind of all this, convincing the Scar-Faced man to field at Bernabeu though. I already know that his agent, also represented Zidane's as well. So better him offload to Madrid.

madtherchot said:
But what about Rex? :D

Hoeness should've read this. :D Indeed, Bayern have young players should them play more regularly, and...I'd already pointed it before. But a young and ambitious couch, I love the idea, but Hitzfeld remains for least the best option Bayern have for the moment.

'Kidnapping' Schaff in future would be the pleasant idea. :tongue:

burimi

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ronaldo,kaka,van basten,...
06/06/2007 11.40

Bayern Munich Seal 25 Million Ribery Deal

Olympique Marseille have officially confirmed that Franck Ribery will be plying his trade for Bayern Munich next season.

zoom - galleria Marseille president Pape Diouf has confirmed the transfer of Frank Ribery to Bayern Munich in a 25 million euro deal.

Believe it or not, the fee is a new Bundesliga record. He will earn 4 million euros per year.

"The transaction will be concluded on Wednesday and Ribery will move to Munich in order to pass the medical and sign his contract on Thursday," Diouf told L'Equipe.

He also spoke about the possibility of Barcelona's Ludovic Giuly joining Marseille as a replacement.
"Giuly to replace Ribery? For the moment it is just a wish from the Barcelona player," he said.

"We have to know under what conditions the deal could be struck.

"I am clarifying today, that we won't waste too much money on salaries. We won't make the same errors as we did after Drogba's transfer."
source:
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=321461

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
8ecd999b66e741e69a71337fv9.jpg

eh I'm sad :(

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rex said:
'Kidnapping' Schaff in future would be the pleasant idea. :tongue:
Well, I hear Klose is next in line :( for what looks like quite a formidable Bayern side. Surprising that this has been the most I've seen them spend in a while ... especially considering that they're not playing in the UCL.

Strong favorites for the Bundesliga + Uefa Cup, I would think by now. Who knows ... maybe Ribery will play a more central playmaking role + if he's successful, your midfield holes would be filled.

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Well, this two signings and probably Klose will make Bayern very solid for next season. I read somewhere that Roy Makaay will probably leave cause its not sure that he will get position in starting eleven. PSV, Feyenoord and Lyon are in hunt for him.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
don't forget to add the fact that they bought José Sosa from Estudiantes... top player from Argentina

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
^^And Hamit Altintop from Schalke. A solid right back. :cool:

Rex

Reaction score
black-eagle said:
Hamit Altintop is Bayern Munich player now ?

Yes, he is currently a Bayern player.
-----------------------------------------
Bayern's current tagline should've been 'Shop 'Til You Drop'. :D :) After tight money policy in transfer terms they've employed over the years, Bayern management has apparently broken over its 'rules' though. Let loose on it now. The previous season's failure had been worthynote recorded as the huge loss of missing the big stage over 6 years. Uefa Cup is their playground upcoming season, but should them 'rejuvenate' in terms of team organization must on the priority at all cost.

With Ze Roberto 'rejoins' on the side, new signing leftback Marcell Jansen, and Klose's desire to field with the Bavarian could be possible either this season or in 2008, Bayern may hope this side are about to live up expectation into title race. But I'd say, Hitzfeld task remains tough to make it up, with a new transition of new look team, the coach, I reckon, is going busy to on-going search new scheme + formula into formidable side. Yet, it'll have to be like this, probable line-up may Hitzfeld begin for his search :

--------------Rensing-------------

Sagnol/Lell----Van Buyten----Lucio----Lahm/Jansen

Ribery----Sosa/Görlitz----Van Bommel/Altintop----Ze Roberto/Schweinsteiger

-------------------------------Schlaudraff/Klose*--------
-----------------Toni--------------------

P.S.*If he's on a next line.

If the fixed formula has been found, the fallen Bayern may set much for the brighter side as them had hoped earlier.

I admit, I can't wait for what it looks like to be, on pitch footballing in particular.

Uefa favorites ? I'm not so fond on it though. :o :D

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Well I seriously doubt that the prospect of winning, what is after all a European Cup, is so repulsive :D But if it is, then a return to the helm in Germany would certainly make up for it - unless Werder pull off a surprise :)

Sadly Klose is yours as well. Makes me wonder what Hitzfeld is upto. My guess is both he and Rijkaard have been fans of Sir Alex's attack-oriented United with their flexible front four/three in attack. My guess is one of Bastian (more likely) or Ribery move into a more advanced position in central midfield, with Lukas (why wasn't he in your lineup? Is there something I don't know) moved on the left:

--------------- Toni ------- Klose
Podolski -------------------------------- Ribery
--------------- Bastian
------------------- Van Bommel

Alternatively, one of Klose/Toni could be sacrificed for more midfield strength with Ze Roberto joining Bastian and Van Bommel.

Seems like Makaay is on his way out, as well is Santa Cruz, who I heard so much of but never saw him at his best. Hopefully his injury troubles will be a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Rex

Reaction score
At least Hitzfeld's brain starts working now what design he will be making up for his an 'overhaul' team though. :)

Glad to hear Klose already joined us. I know it's hurting Bremen fans to see this. His desire to play alongside Bayern purely comes from his mind (or his interest on salaries increases probably behind of all this) and I reckon Bremen suppose to deal it with, on this summer, and earn the selling from Klose's transfer rather than release him on free next year. You know how to exploit those money to seek your upfront replacement, don't you ? :D

I love your attacking scheme, the ideas. But I have my own reason why I had to discard Podolski from the line-up. The youngsters remains struggling on his footwork, eventhough before Madrid matches, he spreaded the threat by his performs seemed back on business, but least far from his outstanding display he performed in Germany '06. Approaching the closing stages of season, his inconsistensy says it all. And from now on, he must fight for his place anyway. I guess, his kind of midst playing type uncompatible to place in pure flanks-minded thus far. Let alone the job given to Ze Roberto or Schweinsteiger instead.

As I said previously, Hitzfeld remains busy to on-going new scheme search which I kept believing his standard formula is a 4-4-2 system. Yet whether pure 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 combination it remains to be seen since the promising flanks' caught to eye. Adding from your line-up thoughts, this is my take :

-----------Toni------------
---------------------Klose---------
Ze Roberto-------Bastian---------Ribery
------------------Van Bommel/Sosa

I'd say, Podolski could be sacrificed for midfeld strength with Ze Roberto joining Bastian and Van Bommel. Both flanks do their jobs, Bastian focuses on his game-playmaking, Van Bommel as the destroyer, and Klose's depth footwork to pick up the ball + creating chances + be second striker, then let alone Toni shows his deliver. (More like Fiorentina's scheme with Mutu + Toni combining on attack)

If I'm not mistaken, from the last news I've read, Santa Cruz might be headed to Portugal. And concerning Makaay, his home-return would be an ideal call for ending his career.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Rex said:

QUOTE]
what if you put Ze Roberto in the middle and Bastian in the left flank, it would probably help both of them to give an effective contribution for the team

Rex

Reaction score
letta mathewos said:
Rex said:
what if you put Ze Roberto in the middle and Bastian in the left flank, it would probably help both of them to give an effective contribution for the team

Both players can change over position, I'd say. Simply players who are fielded on the pitch must have more creative mindset on attack. Just because I put Bastian in the middle he could be 'transmitted' on Ballack's role in the past, and he is potentially capable of the job though. And let Ze Roberto fills in the left flank which he can freely more penetrate into penalty's box with his dribbling + ball possession without leaving his crosses service to upfront.

Hitzfeld has more time to reorganize the system.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rex said:
I reckon Bremen suppose to deal it with, on this summer, and earn the selling from Klose's transfer rather than release him on free next year. You know how to exploit those money to seek your upfront replacement, don't you ? :D
Of course we all do. We're pretty much experts in that department unfortunately ... + will continue to be from the looks of things.
Rex said:
I love your attacking scheme, the ideas. But I have my own reason why I had to discard Podolski from the line-up. The youngsters remains struggling on his footwork, eventhough before Madrid matches, he spreaded the threat by his performs seemed back on business, but least far from his outstanding display he performed in Germany '06. Approaching the closing stages of season, his inconsistensy says it all. And from now on, he must fight for his place anyway. I guess, his kind of midst playing type uncompatible to place in pure flanks-minded thus far. Let alone the job given to Ze Roberto or Schweinsteiger instead.
Well, I'll have to agree with you on this. Honestly, I haven't watched much of Lukas + Bayern this season, but I somehow felt that being left footed + found lacking in the forward department, a switch to the left where he'd have more space and time would see him flourish. I think it was the home game against Werder where he was pretty impressive + drifted towards the left albeit still in a forward position. But if you found fault in his footwork - something really fundamental for a winger - then its best someone takes his place. Besides, probably a few minutes with Klose would reignite the wonderful little plays between the two that graced Germany's run in the World Cup. Also, many hold Lell's performances during the season-end with high regard ... but the only game I saw him play on the left flank was against Gattuso :devil3: Maybe not for the first team, but he is another option + a testament to the impressive squad depth at Hitfeld's disposal.
Rex said:
As I said previously, Hitzfeld remains busy to on-going new scheme search which I kept believing his standard formula is a 4-4-2 system. Yet whether pure 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 combination it remains to be seen since the promising flanks' caught to eye. Adding from your line-up thoughts, this is my take :

I think the eventual system will be interesting to say the least. I remember recently reading about Hitzfeld employing a three-man defense when at Dortmund. I couldn't believe it until I watched a few highlights. Its evident that he's quite the genius on the drawing board though its a pity that I can't remember with clarity what his Dortmund + Bayern teams looked like - aside from the majestic Effenberg of course ;)

If we were to follow Sir Alex's United-scheme, I would imagine that Podolski would be Toni's substitute, Bastian would move to the left (ala C. Ronaldo) and Ze Reberto into the middle. But as you said, it'll be dynamic with no clear differentiation between the midfielders, wingers and also attackers especially with Klose's capabilities of playing the ball.

All in all, I'm certain you'll be brimming with excitement over the coming weeks anticipating what Hitzfeld has in store. As for me, while not being by any means an avid follower of Bremen, I sincerely hope they'll be able to cope with Klose's departure + remain competitive in both Germany and Europe ... Proper :tongue: :D

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
I dont really follow German football or Bayern but this Bayern team does look very good this season and has me interested.....

---------------Toni------
---Bastian----VanBommel-------Ribery----
-------Ze Roberto--------Hargreaves(replacement)

Evn tho Owen's sale brings in a lot of money but would make their formation very stable.... i still think with all these heavy spending they havnt replaced Ballack... Van Bommel is a more defensive player than where i have put him..

-----------------Toni--------
----Bastian-----Podolski------Ribery---
-------Ze Roberto------Van Bommel-------

Podolski seems to have forgotten his way to the goal...so he does the Raul thing and becomes the worker in mid-field ...he is quick and sometimes we see close skills...

I have no clue where to put the post high profile striker in Germany in there... He must be put somewhere....Its upto Hitz or one of you folks to tell me....

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
No, actually we're happy the overrated punk is gone.
Any news on his replacement? I doubt Schaaf would settle for Hunt and Almelda upfront. Also, whats the latest on Frings?

Edit: Hopefully, Naldo and Borowski have good seasons ... not forgetting the impressive Wome - still can't get that goal line clearance created by his mistimed back pass out of my head :D

Last edited:

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Dont forget Klasnić cause he is back in team after operation. But who knows in what condition will he be next season. And I think that Andreasen came back from loan at Mainz.
Probably they will sign someone who can actually score but its gonna be tough. They have very good scouts maybe they will found someone in Brazil ?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ My bad, how could I have forgotten Klasnic? + there's that young Swede (?) Rosenberg from Ajax. Will be interesting to see whether they get any additions.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Any news on his replacement?
Werder were trying to land Podolski or Makaay but you know how that went, Makaay is off to Feyenoord + overrated Podolski has no desire to trade the comfort of Bayern's bench for Werder's plastic chairs ;)

Klasnic's contract has been extended for another year even if he's FAR from returning to match fitness.

They were looking into signing some Brazilian named Carlos Alberto (Fluminense), preferably on loan, no idea if he's worth the 10 million the Brazilians are asking....

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Dont know about Klose .. but Bayern definitly made good job with Ribery & L.Toni .. there wont be problem for Bayern to win BundesLiga this year..

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
They were looking into signing some Brazilian named Carlos Alberto (Fluminense), preferably on loan, no idea if he's worth the 10 million the Brazilians are asking....
Now which Carlos Alberto is this? :rolleyes: Is he the guy who scored for Porto against Monaco? If he is, then I don't like him. I'll have to admit its become irritating to witness the prices asked for each and every Brazilian average-Joe. That's why I'm kinda glad the Mexicans tarnished their image to some extent.

All the best to Klasnic.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Now which Carlos Alberto is this? :rolleyes:
Do they have more than one ? I don't really follow Brazilian football.

The one scoring for Porto is an attacking MF according to Wiki... LOL... Not really what they should go after I'd think... but... I seriously don't care much about this shit these days.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ What, don't care much for Schaaf's boys these days? :(

Just double checked on wiki and yes the Fluminense's Alberto Carlos is the same dude from Porto.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
^^ What, don't care much for Schaaf's boys these days? :(
No, I don't care about Bundesliga transfer crap in general, it's hard enough to keep up with Milan's hustling + bustling... Add Ligue1 + Arsenal + DD + the minor nuisance called real life...

Seriously, Bundesliga has never been my main football interest.

Rex

Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
No, actually we're happy the overrated punk is gone.

The overatted. Hmm..I know how it sounds. But..if it was referring to out-form Klose during past six months, I couldn't deny of the fact the bloke has disappointed the fans + management for his out-performed, only scoring 13 goals (compared to last season managed to deliver into 25 goals) + temporarily isn't the first choice for German NT + his passion seemed lost made him being 'team enemy' either on and/or off the pitch though. Might the fact above be the sufficiently clear reason Allofs had to offload the player.

On the other side, Bayern hope to give it back Klose's touch as him used to be by putting him alongside Podolski (if he's not on loan or sold) or/and Hitzfeld may now begin to accomodate what the upfront will look like with the available resources they have. (=after the surplus on paper has been sliced)

-----------------------------
@Roy

I don't think Hitzfeld will require lone-striker upfront. Someone will accompany the Italian to deliver into goals. Klose, Schlaudraff, and Podolski have equal opportunity to show their worth. Let's just wait and see.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Bayern Munchen vs Hansa Rostock

i have a good feeling with klose, toni....bayern are gonna win this with at least 5- 0....

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Bayern team for the next season :D

----------------Kahn
Sagnol----Lucio----Van Buyten----Lahm

------------Van Bommel
---------------------------Scheinsteiger
Ribery------------------------------Ze Roberto
-------------Toni-----Klose

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Rex said:
@Roy

I don't think Hitzfeld will require lone-striker upfront. Someone will accompany the Italian to deliver into goals. Klose, Schlaudraff, and Podolski have equal opportunity to show their worth. Let's just wait and see.

I dont think so either. Hitzfeld may be very tough but it will be really tough to have two of the biggest strikers of Germany on the bench of Bayern. Klose and Podolski may be out-of-form but they still are very highly rated.

It will be interesting to see Ribery playing in an environment tougher than what he was used to and to see Toni play outside Italy. Corradi@Valencia and ManCity, DiVaio@Valencia and Monaco, Montella@Fulham, Cassano @ Real Madrid, (except Miccoli @ Benfica) all other Italian strikers have been failing recently outside Italy. Toni has higher expectations than all those other strikers combined... so lets see what he does...

When Toni left he gave reasons that he wanted to move to a higher stage as time was running out for him ...and out of respect for the DellaValle family he was not moving to any other club in Italy...but fate has it that Bayern will play in the Uefa Cup and so will Fiorentina... wonder what he'll do against them if they meet...

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
Bayern team for the next season :D

----------------Kahn
Sagnol----Lucio----Van Buyten----Lahm

------------Van Bommel
---------------------------Scheinsteiger
Ribery------------------------------Ze Roberto
-------------Toni-----Klose
You can tell Bayern were/are in total crisis when they go out for some retail therapy like that. Big names like that will pay dividends in the short term, (maybe), but Toni and Klose are a lot of money for 2 players who aren't going to be at the peak for too much longer.

Schedule