The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 12-12-2016, 09:08   #2401
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

kelvin is legit. love that kid. he is so talented but ffs get your act together and make weight u fool. You cannot waste that much talent. He has a legit title winning potential at welterweight and is possibly a top 6 - 8 middleweight too. He lit up tim kennedy so bad lmao. he beat the crap out of him.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:36   #2402
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Tad bit exaggerated but i do get your point, still no need to act like a sheep yes? And on the weight cut issues, he is going back up because as he said it "the cut almost killed him".
I am just pointing out that Pettis trying to cut weight and go to a lower weight class doesnt make him a pussy. Almost no fighter in UFC fights at their walking weight. Each of them tries to cut the maximum possible to ensure they have a size advantage when they fight. Pettis tried to do the same but he couldnt make it. Does it make him a pussy because he started off at 155?

And how many really good fighters have gone down weight classes because they couldnt take the class they initially started off with? Machida, Nate, Rashad(?)? Machida was a champion as well, right?

Last edited by Casualista; 12-12-2016 at 12:34.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 15:11   #2403
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

take tyron wooldey for example. that dude i swear is bigger than most middleweights. he is probably bigger than even weidman and rockhold. dude weighs 205 lbs off season. lean. he cuts down to 170. Probably juicing but then almost the entire roster in mma are on some kind of ped's anyway. Most top fighters do not fight at their actual weight. They always cut weight to have a strength advantage.
Old 12-12-2016, 16:47   #2404
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

In Az's defense, Pettis has acted like a child anytime he wasn't given what he wanted in terms of title shots. Kind of glad he lost.

I was glad Matt Brown was KTFO, I personally think he talks too much as well.

It was a shame Badr Hari got injured, would like to see him and Rico again sometimes down the line.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 20:05   #2405
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Can connor beat tyron? What do you guys think? Tyron has like a 20-30 lbs weight advantage though. Similar reach. Connor has much better boxing and woodley is susceptible to getting lit up by very technical fighters. See rory fight for example. I am a big woodley fan but i think connor can give him a good fight. But he wont be able to take his overhand though.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 13-12-2016 at 18:44.
Old 12-12-2016, 21:09   #2406
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Can connor beat tyron? What do you guys think? Tyron has like a 20-30 lbs weight advantage though. Similar reach. But connor has much better boxing and woodley is susceptible to getting lit up by very technical fighters. See rory fight for example. I am a big woodley fan but i think connor can give him a good fight. But he wont be able to take his overhand though.
More interested in seeing him defending the LW title before this one. But for the sake of argument, Woodley has a lot better wrestling than Alvarez and even Diaz.

Signature
Old 12-12-2016, 21:31   #2407
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.

Never say never, but welterweight is too much.. come one he was about to die fighting a LW at WW

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 15:37   #2408
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Poor Paige.

At least Waterson is cute too

Signature
Old 18-12-2016, 16:38   #2409
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Poor Paige.

At least Waterson is cute too
I just can't bring myself to give a fuck about WMMA. Is Ronda Rousey that big of a star over there? Feels like she and WMMA in general is being so hyped by MMA-media and UFC.

Signature
GOAT
Old 19-12-2016, 03:07   #2410
Mr Delicious
Banned

Any interesting fighters you guys recommend i follow? McGregor has an interesting swagger
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 05:49   #2411
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Delicious View Post
Any interesting fighters you guys recommend i follow? McGregor has an interesting swagger
Urijah Faber
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 14:18   #2412
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexes5 View Post
Urijah Faber

Signature
GOAT
Old 19-12-2016, 18:27   #2413
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I just can't bring myself to give a fuck about WMMA. Is Ronda Rousey that big of a star over there? Feels like she and WMMA in general is being so hyped by MMA-media and UFC.
I don't think people care about Ronda as much after she lost, sulked, and took some time off to duck Holly.

In general UFC is a hype machine.

Signature
Old 19-12-2016, 19:04   #2414
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
I don't think people care about Ronda as much after she lost, sulked, and took some time off to duck Holly.

In general UFC is a hype machine.
It's not just UFC, or just about Ronda. It's MMA-media hyping WMMA in general.

I mean, I don't mind it, especially if a lot of people are interested. Just curious.

Signature
GOAT
Old 19-12-2016, 20:57   #2415
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Quote:
It's not just UFC, or just about Ronda. It's MMA-media hyping WMMA in general.

I mean, I don't mind it, especially if a lot of people are interested. Just curious.
I can't watch the WMMA it's horrible, Joanna is good to watch though, even though nobody can touch her in that weight class. Should be separate tbh

Although they'll be more now with another weight class

Last edited by Mexes5; 19-12-2016 at 21:00.
Old 19-12-2016, 21:21   #2416
MilanMB
Serendipity

There's probably some interest among fans, there must be. I can't watch it either, it's simply low quality fighting (Holms performance vs Ronda was great though), and they're so weak. I can barely watch flyweight.

I'm happy for the ladies though, and it's good that younger girls get to watch these girls make it to this level. Rather have them watching MMA fighters than the Kardashians.

And of course, UFC uses WMMA to help the sport get more accepted and more mainstream.

I don't care if them have more divisions, I don't have a problem with WMMA existing in UFC. I was just curious how much interest there is for it from the public.

Signature
GOAT
Old 19-12-2016, 21:37   #2417
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

It's probably 50% like it, 50% don't. But yeah I agree it's good for the youngsters to watch instead of shit like the kardashians.

I'd just be pissed if i'm paying $60 for an event & have to sit through the women in the middle of the card. Some of the mens i'm not entirely interested in, let alone less talented females.
Old 19-12-2016, 22:01   #2418
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexes5 View Post
I'd just be pissed if i'm paying $60 for an event & have to sit through the women in the middle of the card. Some of the mens i'm not entirely interested in, let alone less talented females.
yeah i get it

but that's when you stop paying $60 for the events. if enough people do that then UFC will reconsider, but apparently people are buying the cards despite (or because?) of the women.

i honestly have not idea, i just know that i have close to zero interest.

Signature
GOAT
Old 20-12-2016, 05:47   #2419
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
There's probably some interest among fans, there must be. I can't watch it either, it's simply low quality fighting (Holms performance vs Ronda was great though), and they're so weak. I can barely watch flyweight.

I'm happy for the ladies though, and it's good that younger girls get to watch these girls make it to this level. Rather have them watching MMA fighters than the Kardashians.

And of course, UFC uses WMMA to help the sport get more accepted and more mainstream.

I don't care if them have more divisions, I don't have a problem with WMMA existing in UFC. I was just curious how much interest there is for it from the public.
This is true and my biggest problem with WMMA. Most of the women are really one-dimensional or painfully "average" (bad) at everything. The level of grappling displayed is really sloppy, other than maybe Ronda and a couple of top level fighters.

This is also how I feel about heavyweights outside of the top 5 as well. Guys like Ben Rothwell or Mark Hunt. I understand people are excited by their "style" but it is too one-dimensional for me.

Signature
Old 20-12-2016, 07:14   #2420
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
???
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote