The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
he's worth at least the same, considering he played a good season for a club like Milan and not some bundesfodder, his free kicks arent great, but his set pieces? he delivers great crosses. Not his fault we have noone to win the air.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
another question is if someone will buy him in this state, and thats another good reason to let him get into shape till next season.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His free-kicks need to improve. That's true.

His crosses and corners have been excellent, even while he's injured. Again, for the thousandth time: he's playing injured.

Also, we switched from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 pretty quick into the Juve game, and Hakan was playing at LCM. I hate him playing there. It is a waste. He's good defensively for a LW, CAM, or whatever. But he's not good enough in that aspect as an LCM.

And when we played 3-5-2, again, while he was injured, he was not playing as a LW, rather, he was playing as a LCM in a midfield three with Baka and Kessie.

So, if you're asking him to score goals and all that, you're missing the point: he's not been playing in his attacking position, but as the distributor of the ball in the midfield.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think that's the way inflation works.

That's how a depreciating asset works.

"Why is my car not worth more than when I bought it!?"

I would argue that his value has dropped since we bought him. He kind of proved to be what we feared: A bit of a headcase that lets off the field issues affect his performance on the pitch.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he turns into a great player, but I see no reason to believe he will

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is him playing with injuries and in a different position that is impacting fans' perspective on his play.

He could play as a keeper and people would still say he's not doing his job without irony.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
It is him playing with injuries and in a different position that is impacting fans' perspective on his play.

He could play as a keeper and people would still say he's not doing his job without irony.

and he's playing half injured just cause Rino knows all his backups are even worse. Lets hate him for that :D

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again, for the thousandth time: he's playing injured.

Not everyone here believes this, and i understand them.

Alot ppl think that its only Gattuso trying to defend his poor play. Like, why play him if he is injured? Why not rest him to recover faster, and not risk bigger injury? The truth is probably somewhere in the middle liek always... he suck right now and maybe he has some slight issue, but nothing too big.

That being said, im not the one that wants him sold yet. I think he showed some skills last season that noone in this team can do. I hope he can recover his form but needs to do it fast. We dont need a player that can be awesome for 5-10 games, then become almost useless for the rest of the season

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
You dont have to "believe" when you can see it. He barely ran in recent games. And Rino said why, the same reason he keeps playing Kessie. Why, cause others are shite.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
.Milan's transfer market in January will be substantial. Milan is likely to search for a striker, a defender (due to injuries) and a midfielder. Leonardo and Gazidis are already working to give reinforcements to Gattuso in January. [Sky] https://t.co/YdyQZTnqDe

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
.Milan's transfer market in January will be substantial. Milan is likely to search for a striker, a defender (due to injuries) and a midfielder. Leonardo and Gazidis are already working to give reinforcements to Gattuso in January. [Sky] https://t.co/YdyQZTnqDe

tenor.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The alternative to playing a hurt Hakan, who wants to play, is to play Mauri. Or Berto. Or Montolivo.

People shit on Calabria (unfairly, I think) and then when Abate comes in, and shits the bed (he's been very bad this season, more than usual) and then after Gattuso sees that, people wonder why Gattuso would try a 3-5-2 instead of keeping Abate out there?

Hakan is being a team player. Gattuso talked about how people don't realize what players were doing to play for the team.

I also think Gattuso doesn't really pretend or sugar-coat things. He's honest. I think he respects Hakan for playing through injury. I mean, there was a point where he couldn't put his boot on a day or two before playing a full match.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Abate has been far better than Laxalt. That hybrid 352 makes me want to hurl. The 343 shape we played in the second half against Betis was more watchable, but the 442 is the best option right now. Abate has not been near as bad as people make him out to be. Calabria has also been quite good

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
MarioReality...i wish i could belive that we buy Paredes but the media says were only intrestet not more... :(

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's how a depreciating asset works.

"Why is my car not worth more than when I bought it!?"

I would argue that his value has dropped since we bought him. He kind of proved to be what we feared: A bit of a headcase that lets off the field issues affect his performance on the pitch.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he turns into a great player, but I see no reason to believe he will

First of all, the car analogy just doesn't make any sense. Well unless he was a new born when Milan got him, then maybe...

Even if he was a 'depreciating asset', which is jumping the gun imo, the inflated market should have his price be at least what we paid for him. If we did sell him for the same amount we bought him, that would be the decrease in value since 20m now isn't worth 20m 2 years ago.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
popular opinion mrnews the best source for all milan related transfer news.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
First of all, the car analogy just doesn't make any sense. Well unless he was a new born when Milan got him, then maybe...

Even if he was a 'depreciating asset', which is jumping the gun imo, the inflated market should have his price be at least what we paid for him. If we did sell him for the same amount we bought him, that would be the decrease in value since 20m now isn't worth 20m 2 years ago.

:lol::lol: get lost

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Unpopular Opinion Warning: Hakan wasn't that great or influential before the fantom injury either

This is true though.

What I saw in Hakan last season was promise, I was hoping he'd build on the second part of last season and get even better to become great and influential, but alas... I'm not ready to sell yet though.

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If Gattuso changes to the 4-3-3 formation again, Paquetà will be used as a ‘mezzala’. However, if Gattuso continues with the 4-4-2 formation, Paquetà could be used as a striker along with Higuain, or behind him. (Sky)

Montolivo, Bertolacci and Jose Mauri could all leave Milan in January, if an interesting offer arrives for them. (Sky)

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Hakan just needs to get his fucking marbles together and not randomly check in and check out. When the guy is on, he works well offensively and works his ass off defensively, covering for Bona and his bum workrate.

But the problem is that regularly he relegates himself to a passenger and can't do shit besides look for his own shot and sometimes not even that. If you wear the 10, you need to grab the game by the balls. If you want to start for Milan, you better be ready to leave it all out there every game.

Obviously selling Hakan in January is stupid since we already have so few players that can play decently but if he isn't getting much better, we should definitely shop him around for those dumb EPL clubs that will overpay for mediocrity all the time(worse than us :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule