Week 14: Empoli vs Milan - Saturday, 26/11/2016 - 20:45 CET

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Niang is always on the bench when we play against small teams, and he always starts against good teams (Juve, Inter, Napoli, Fiore, Lazio).
... And performs bad against them.
Can't expect more, there is no chance for him to show himself.
Suspended for Udinese, injured for Palermo, on the bench for Empoli.
His best games were against small clubs: Torino, Sassuolo, Chievo, Sampdoria.

Abate has been one of the worst players, and still starts. While DeS has been the best fullback this season, it's clear that Montella doesn't like him, he was playing only due to Antonelli's injury.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
15178978_10153967856751937_4068608745125434133_n.jpg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Abate, Gomez, Paletta, Antonelli is a very Genoa level defence.
Pasalic-Locatelli very unexperienced midfield.
Bonaventura as a winger is average.

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score
Abate has been one of the worst players, and still starts. While DeS has been the best fullback this season, it's clear that Montella doesn't like him, he was playing only due to Antonelli's injury.

The rumor (not mine) is that DeS will be going to Juve as he is not happy at Milan and doesn't feel Milan "matches" his ambitions. True or not? We'll see. I thought he was going to leave (to Juve) last summer but the sale put a halt to it.

That's also the most likely reason that other backs are preferred over him. Long term, he's not part of the plan.

Personally, I hope the rumor is BS because I'd like to see DeS grow and become the back that he was a few years ago. I just feel all the negativity over the past few years pushed him to want out.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Pasalic, Locatelli, Locatelli; Suso, Lapadula, Bonaventura; #GdS

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Dai Dai Dai

Matchdayyyyyy

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
The rumor (not mine) is that DeS will be going to Juve as he is not happy at Milan and doesn't feel Milan "matches" his ambitions. True or not? We'll see. I thought he was going to leave (to Juve) last summer but the sale put a halt to it.

That's also the most likely reason that other backs are preferred over him. Long term, he's not part of the plan.

Personally, I hope the rumor is BS because I'd like to see DeS grow and become the back that he was a few years ago. I just feel all the negativity over the past few years pushed him to want out.

where did you read that , that he isnt happy..
personally i cant blame him given the state we were in before montella .. i believe he ll stay

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
So many version of starting line up flying around. I just want 3 points no more no less.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well Bacca's injured, so Lapadula will play instead

Kuco & Niang have not played well recently, so they'll get benched. Antonelli can give more vs smaller teams that sit back, but DES is a better player overall.

The changes make sense to me.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Allez Milan!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
mauri hattrick

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
3 points pls. All our table rivals have winnable games. We can't afford to fuck up this week.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Bona last season as a LW >>>> Niang this season.
This season Bona adapted to play deeper and of course he would need time to tune into his old position.
Pasalic , Loca and Mati mids is what worry me to be honest.
One unfit young player and a fit young player and an unfit average old player is a disaster waiting to happen.
But I have trust in Montella and Niang as a sub proved to be good for us.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Kuco, niang and bacca were absolutely worthless lately. Abate should be benched as well, but he is our captain and we cant afford to many changes. Pasalic and fernandes in midfield alone is a big change.

Forza!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mati-Loca-Pasalic is actually the most Montella midfield we can start. Might be an indication that Montella feels ready to move away from the 'win at all costs' mentality and finally start to impose his football philosophy onto the team. Fast, technical midfield triangle willing and able to pass around the midfield, and wingers that drift inside to overload the center with an attacker working hard to make space.

This proposed starting 11 is very Montella.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Niang subed in somewhere in 2nd half when opponents get tired. Pitty them...

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
That midfield really not concincing tbh. At least montella know when the best time to experiment something

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It is a tricky game tonight. Last four games against Empoli: 3 draws and 1 win for Milan.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Can't wait to see Niang subed in somewhere in 2nd half when opponents get tired. Pitty them...

... his best role

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Mati-Loca-Pasalic is actually the most Montella midfield we can start. Might be an indication that Montella feels ready to move away from the 'win at all costs' mentality and finally start to impose his football philosophy onto the team. Fast, technical midfield triangle willing and able to pass around the midfield, and wingers that drift inside to overload the center with an attacker working hard to make space.

:thumbsup:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

That is actually very good point :thumbsup:

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Good post. However, with the point difference between 2nd and 6th place in the table being just 2 points, this is a huge gamble.

Nevertheless hoping for this midfield to click in today's game. Forza Milan

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
pasalic locatelli mati?

molto tutto calcio

1-5

saponara - pasalic x2, mati , romangoli, lapadula.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We desperately need a game where we dominate and win... Let's see what Lucktella is made of.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Its an interesting midfield. We'll see what happends. Looking most forward to Lapadula

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Romagnoli and Gustavo Gomez will start in defense against Empoli. Paletta will be rested

Sky

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Romagnoli and Gustavo Gomez will start in defense against Empoli. Paletta will be rested

Sky

Montella is going all in with a dynamic line-up. Have a feeling this game is gonna be dramatic, with 4+ goals.

Schedule