The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 12-07-2015, 07:47   #1401
Sage
Phase 2

lawler rory was great, bermudez stephens was really good, nelson handed thatch an ass whooping..and dat flying knee by almeida

main card was great, prelims were shit minus brown means which was pretty good.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 10:28   #1402
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
stand up wasn't clearly mcgregors, but i was impressed with his chin. he got thrown around so easily, chad mendes clearly won the 2 rounds until the end. I was fine with the stoppage, since chad was defending like a bitch.

and he definitely adopted the ric flair gimmick.

I'll be surprised if jose aldo doesn't beat him.
You need to re watch the fight again, stand up was all Conor. On the feet Chad was always pressed against the cage and Conor was landing on him. Not once in the fight did Chad take control of the stand up.

The fight was awesome, but paled in compression to the Lawler - Roby one, that was a bloody mess!

The whole card was awesome though, probably the best one yet.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 11:08   #1403
Sage
Phase 2

Yep conor pressured him really well but I felt chad landed proper shots which I didn't expect, conor won the stand up but I didn't feel he dominated him in it, just did well to pressure and ate shots really well which was a surprise. I think the way I rated the stand up face off got influenced by my expectation.

Honestly, Chad Mendes with a full fight camp would have beat him, dude was gassed at the end of the first round

I still need to watch McGregor beat aldo to be convinced by him.
Old 15-07-2015, 14:22   #1404
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Yep conor pressured him really well but I felt chad landed proper shots which I didn't expect, conor won the stand up but I didn't feel he dominated him in it, just did well to pressure and ate shots really well which was a surprise. I think the way I rated the stand up face off got influenced by my expectation.

Honestly, Chad Mendes with a full fight camp would have beat him, dude was gassed at the end of the first round

I still need to watch McGregor beat aldo to be convinced by him.
Dude gassed because he took kick after kick to the mid section that takes the wind out of you, full camp or not.

Plus Chad is always bragging how he always keeps in shape and only eats what he huts(watch the embedded videos).

And a lot of more gifs, but don't wanna spam.

Signature
Old 15-07-2015, 15:04   #1405
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

Lawler vs MacDonald was an amazing fight

McGregor vs Mendes?
I think Mendes' style is the one that counters Conor's style best, but I still feel that McGregor would still win at least 3/5 (both fighters 100% fit)
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 18:06   #1406
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

@ Tantalis

Just curious what's your name? I'd like to know if a fighter supports Milan as well because I would support that fighter every single fight. Do you train grappling? If so where at? Would it happen to be at Big Dog's school?

I'd like to see a wrestler with a full camp against McGregor. Sure he was winning the stand up but he showed me nothing that would suggest he could deal with top pressure from a capable wrestler with a proper training camp.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 19:41   #1407
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
@ Tantalis

Just curious what's your name? I'd like to know if a fighter supports Milan as well because I would support that fighter every single fight. Do you train grappling? If so where at? Would it happen to be at Big Dog's school?

I'd like to see a wrestler with a full camp against McGregor. Sure he was winning the stand up but he showed me nothing that would suggest he could deal with top pressure from a capable wrestler with a proper training camp.
I think he did really good considering that he could not train wrestling at all due to him being injured all the way up to the last 2 weeks before the fight.

Signature
Old 15-07-2015, 19:50   #1408
Sage
Phase 2

I look forward to seeing conor move up to 155 in the future, I can see him beating cowboy, but dos anjos, pettis and khabib? nah.

honestly I'll be surprised if he beats aldo and edgar.
Old 16-07-2015, 13:02   #1409
Sage
Phase 2

mir duffee

heavyweights >
Old 16-07-2015, 18:07   #1410
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

They both looked so goofy.

I don't get the Duffee hype, always been an average fighter with good physical tools.

Signature
Old 17-07-2015, 07:44   #1411
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
mir duffee

heavyweights >

Rekt

Tony vs Josh was awesome, the later showed some real hart! Tony will become a champ soon enough, the guy throws everything at you, ridiculous:

Signature
Old 18-07-2015, 19:59   #1412
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post

Rekt

Tony vs Josh was awesome, the later showed some real hart! Tony will become a champ soon enough, the guy throws everything at you, ridiculous:

Eh, that's kind of an overstatement. Even with this win he's not even top 10. He is on a winning streak but again, UFC is approaching MMA with the boxing approach. Most of those fighters are padding his record. Thomson and Tibau I would say were his biggest challenges and Thomson lost 4 out of last 6 fights and Tibau is a gatekeeper. I would want to see him fight some top 10 guys before even mentioning him in the title picture.

Signature
Old 26-07-2015, 16:21   #1413
Az.
Se7en

TJ vs Cruz needs to happen, hopefully with both healthy. If Barao wants another shot at the title he needs to change camps, the guys cornering him are dumb as rocks.

Signature
Old 02-08-2015, 13:31   #1414
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Ronda

Bethe

Lil Nog and Shogun

Big Nog

Jake Shields vs Palhares

Diaz Bros vs Khabib

Signature
Old 03-08-2015, 04:28   #1415
Sven
Super Moderator

the brazilan girl talked so much shit... for what? hilarious
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:47   #1416
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
the brazilan girl talked so much shit... for what? hilarious
Maybe beating Ronda's friends and other of the "four horsemen" gave her a little too much confidence

Signature
Old 04-08-2015, 05:51   #1417
Sage
Phase 2

the show was
Old 07-08-2015, 18:26   #1418
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Suspended my man Palhares and stripped him of his belt.

Shame he can't learn. But let's not pretend Shields is some kinda saint, his game plan was to eye gouge GSP and he did the entire fight.

For those who's familiar with jiu jitsu, if you are mounted and the guy is eye gouging you and you are not doing anything about it...something is wrong with your Jiu Jitsu sir. Maybe he needs to stop hot boxing with the Diaz bros and work on his striking, which is terrible btw, even worse than his last fight.

Signature
Old 15-08-2015, 22:11   #1419
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.

verdum - cain rematch haha

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 10:31   #1420
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
verdum - cain rematch haha
Ufc rankings

On a more positive note this year we still have: Weidman - Rockhold & Cowboy vs RDA.

Signature