The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Did you just compare a kid that just turned 22 in a new league on a team with massive holes in it to the two most seasoned and greatest players on two of the best teams in today's game?

:lol:

Lol it was a sarcastic joke at the guy who compared Naby Keita with Bonafidefodda.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Okay.. Don't mean any offense or anything, but I'm going to choose not to read/reply to your comments anymore. They give me a headache.

Here's why:
1 - You don't understand the concept of player integration into a team. Pjanic and Higuain took time to adapt last year. The young midfielders that Napoli got last year also took some time to adapt. We bought 11 players, most of which came from different leagues.
2 - I really don't think you understand the concepts of loyalty, patience, supporting your team.
3 - You seem to think that every coach that isn't coach is an amazing coach. Mazzarri got 3rd place, at a time when serie A wasn't anything near as competitive as it is now, and he played a pure counter-attacking style of football, AND he had the perfect set-up to do so. Since then he has done nothing. Just mentioning his name is idiotic, with all due respect. A rational person would see this.
4 - For some reason, you just defended Sousa when I clearly told you that I DO rate the guy which makes me think that you either like to argue just for the sake of arguing, don't read others' counter-arguments, or have some serious reading comprehension issues ;) In fact, you can go to my profile and check the posts that I've written: I was one of the first, if not the first person on this forum to say that I would like Sousa as a coach. At the time people laughed at me.

So, this will be the last time I communicate with you directly. Peace

Lol fine by me.

Like I told you before (and you failed to respond because you couldn't), how is Montella integrating 7/8 new starters any different to what he did in his first season at Fiorentina? There he had the same number of new starters yet managed to finish 4th. Exactly the same as Mancini a couple seasons ago when he had 9 new starters yet also finished 4th.

It's you who doesn't understand football or logic so I agree not to communicate any further :D

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol fine by me.

Like I told you before (and you failed to respond because you couldn't), how is Montella integrating 7/8 new starters any different to what he did in his first season at Fiorentina? There he had the same number of new starters yet managed to finish 4th. Exactly the same as Mancini a couple seasons ago when he had 9 new starters yet also finished 4th.

It's you who doesn't understand football or logic so I agree not to communicate any further :D

I chose not to respond it because it seemed too silly of an argument to even be mentioned by a long-term AC Milan supporter, let alone be responded to by one as well.

But, since you feel so strongly about the strength of this argument of yours, I'd like to here our fellow commodores' take on it:

True or false: Coaching Fiorentina in 2012 = Coaching Milan in 2017 ?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I chose not to respond it because it seemed too silly of an argument to even be mentioned by a long-term AC Milan supporter, let alone be responded to by one as well.

But, since you feel so strongly about the strength of this argument of yours, I'd like to here our fellow commodores' take on it:

True or false: Coaching Fiorentina in 2012 = Coaching Milan in 2017 ?

Yes let's ask people whether spending 230m on transfers (whilst our rivals spent nowhere near) should make things easier/harder. Especially when we've lost 50% of our games including getting hammered by Samp/Lazio who sold their best players in summer (Schick/Skriniar/Muriel/Balde/Biglia) :fp:

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes let's ask people whether spending 230m on transfers (whilst our rivals spent nowhere near) should make things easier/harder. Especially when we've lost 50% of our games including getting hammered by Samp/Lazio who sold their best players in summer (Schick/Skriniar/Muriel/Balde/Biglia) :fp:

I already know your opinion. I'm asking the others

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I already know your opinion. I'm asking the others

Don't forget to ask them about Mancini too. He also finished 4th after spending 100m on 9 new players the same season we spent 100m and finished 7th. Do you think being coached by Mancini vs. Midtablovic made a difference? Midtablovic had far fewer new players too.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Are you asking me if Mancini is a better coach than Miha? Of course he is.
Is he a better coach than Montella? Yeah probably.. Would he do better if he was our coach? Probably yes but can't say for sure.

No two coaches are the same. No two teams are the same.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What is it, 30 games left this Serie A season? Or have I been sleeping all winter or something?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Are you asking me if Mancini is a better coach than Miha? Of course he is.
Is he a better coach than Montella? Yeah probably.. Would he do better if he was our coach? Probably yes but can't say for sure.

No two coaches are the same. No two teams are the same.

You were saying integrating 8 new players takes time which is why Montella's been underperforming. I gave you two concrete examples (including Montella) where manager's hit the ground running. Mancini's Inter were actually leading the league for half the season. Also Gasperini finished 4th with an Atalanta squad comprised of mostly youth/Serie B players the previous year.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You were saying integrating 8 new players takes time which is why Montella's been underperforming. I gave you two concrete examples (including Montella) where manager's hit the ground running. Mancini's Inter were actually leading the league for half the season. Also Gasperini finished 4th with an Atalanta squad comprised of mostly youth/Serie B players the previous year.

Did you not read what I said? No two teams are the same.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Collective bipolar disorder of the first order.

I'm sceptical of Montella but I think coaches are generally given too much blame. At least on our level(barely fourth place material).

These players need to gel as a group and start believing in themselves as a collective. The quality for winning streaks is there, but I don't blame Montella for this team not having an identity yet. I don't think even Pep would have concocted that. Many of the star coaches have incredible players with an established chemistry.

However, if Montella were to lose the next two league games as well then off he goes. That's just the reality of the game. But he built a strong collective last year which fought for every point. He can do it again and he obviously has the support of Fassone.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I'm sceptical of Montella but I think coaches are generally given too much blame. At least on our level(barely fourth place material).

These players need to gel as a group and start believing in themselves as a collective. The quality for winning streaks is there, but I don't blame Montella for this team not having an identity yet. I don't think even Pep would have concocted that. Many of the star coaches have incredible players with an established chemistry.

However, if Montella were to lose the next two league games as well then off he goes. That's just the reality of the game. But he built a strong collective last year which fought for every point. He can do it again and he obviously has the support of Fassone.

You summed it up perfectly.

I'm hoping the the shit we've been through up until this point will help create that bond.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

:thumbsup:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Is raz seriously gonna stay permabenched?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomorrow's formation 3-5-2: Donnarumma; Musacchio, Bonucci, Rodriguez; Calabria, Suso, Locatelli, Calhanoglu, Bonaventura; Andre Silvia, Cutrone (Sky)

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Tomorrow's formation 3-5-2: Donnarumma; Musacchio, Bonucci, Rodriguez; Calabria, Suso, Locatelli, Calhanoglu, Bonaventura; Andre Silvia, Cutrone (Sky)

352 again?

Sigh

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Okay.. Don't mean any offense or anything, but I'm going to choose not to read/reply to your comments anymore. They give me a headache.

Here's why:
1 - You don't understand the concept of player integration into a team. Pjanic and Higuain took time to adapt last year. The young midfielders that Napoli got last year also took some time to adapt. We bought 11 players, most of which came from different leagues.
2 - I really don't think you understand the concepts of loyalty, patience, supporting your team.
3 - You seem to think that every coach that isn't coach is an amazing coach. Mazzarri got 3rd place, at a time when serie A wasn't anything near as competitive as it is now, and he played a pure counter-attacking style of football, AND he had the perfect set-up to do so. Since then he has done nothing. Just mentioning his name is idiotic, with all due respect. A rational person would see this.
4 - For some reason, you just defended Sousa when I clearly told you that I DO rate the guy which makes me think that you either like to argue just for the sake of arguing, don't read others' counter-arguments, or have some serious reading comprehension issues ;) In fact, you can go to my profile and check the posts that I've written: I was one of the first, if not the first person on this forum to say that I would like Sousa as a coach. At the time people laughed at me.

So, this will be the last time I communicate with you directly. Peace
he is the guy who seriously compared a coach going to a team(like spaletti went to inter) and said having 25 new players....a fucking team...a team....(aka practice by allen 'the answer' iverson)
with a coach (like montella at milan) who is trying to form a team after losing 11+ first team players and buying 11 new ones( https://www.transfermarkt.com/ac-milan/transfers/verein/5/saison_id/2017 )

and he thinks that person's B (montella) job is easier than person's A(spaletti) job. And lets accept that this is his opinion(with which i totally disagree with).he judges that after 8 fucking league games.in mid October.in a season going as far as late May..

let me make it clearer: Is montella to blame? ofc he is .does he have some mitigating excuses? ofc he has.should we keep him?this has to be judged with time and taking into consideration all special factors involved in this situation.ofc if he loses next 3 games, or smthng like that his time shortens....a lot

this guy doesnt understand basic concepts like player integration , team chemistry(and what a formed team means), the concept of current value and future/potential value in football etc

some examples to make it even easier.
  1. he keeps mentioning the 220m price tag.
  2. he avoids to mention though the total value of players sold also.
  3. he doesnt understand that due to lack of integration players dont perform immediately(unless they are truly world class) to their max
  4. he dont understand that andre silva may have costed 38-42m but his real price today is like 15-20m. the extra money we paid was about his potential(which he may never live up to or he hopefully exceeds it and become better than harry kane)

according to his logic carleto was a failure in 07/08 cause while he had leagues biggest wage list(aka best team/players in the league-or second best as inter had same wage list ) still though finished 20 or so points behind inter and finished below juventus of that time and fiorentina with ujfalusi and co.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Is raz seriously gonna stay permabenched?

Druman Rights International
campaigned for his release from the oppressive regime of various Eastern dictators :o

After much lobbying and some dubious back channel deals he would be released within the month on condition of slightly less douchey behavior :thumbsup:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Druman Rights International
campaigned for his release from the oppressive regime of various Eastern dictators :o

After much lobbying and some dubious back channel deals he would be released within the month on condition of slightly less douchey behavior :thumbsup:

Druman :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule