Week 14: Milan 4-1 Sampdoria 28/11/2015 20:45 CET

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
At the end of yesterday?s training session, Andrea Bertolacci?s rectus femoris muscle injury flared up again in his left thigh. The midfielder?s fitness will be assessed again based on his clinical progress.

MilanNews: With the injury of Bertolacci, Mihajlovic will put aside the idea of 4-4-2. Milan will play with 4-3-3 vs Sampdoria.

**********: Mihajlovic will play vs Sampdoria with the same defence he used vs Juventus.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Cafu, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi
So we will play 4-3-3 again, or 4-4-2 with Monto e Kucka in the mid, Cerci and Jack as a wingers and Bacca and Niang (or Luiz if recovers), but I think that we going to play 4-3-3

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Adri as a winger over Cerci or Niang..... No joke.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we will play 4-3-3 again, or 4-4-2 with Monto e Kucka in the mid, Cerci and Jack as a wingers and Bacca and Niang (or Luiz if recovers), but I think that we going to play 4-3-3

Kucka has been tested yesterday at CM with Monto (there were also tests with Berto alongside Monto), so maybe this means that we'll stick to 4-4-2 with Jack and Cerci as LM/RM and Kucka and Monto as CMs.

I don't have a clue how good Kucka is as CM. And problem still remain that our bench is piss-poor. Imagine it's 60th minute and still 0-0, Sinisa will say "Well let's give a boost to the team I have to do something", he turns to the bench and sees Nocerino, Poli and Mauri.

Whatever our system will be in january we need to get more than just one new midfielder!

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
MilanNews: Mihajlovic tested the 4-4-2 again today in the training with Cerci-Poli-Montolivo-Bonaventura in midfield.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
That midfield makes me literally puke.

every fucking line up turn to shit when you have Poli in it, its just that his name isnt sexy enough. even if you put his name in a midfield with Iniesta and Modric in it, it turn into shit..

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Please Sinisa

Calabria/Abate-Kucka-Montolivo-Bonaventura

please....

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Fuck Poli ffs. I would rather have ndj play there with monto and have no one to link the play than have Poli play. He really is utterly useless.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MilanNews: Mihajlovic tested the 4-4-2 again today in the training with Cerci-Poli-Montolivo-Bonaventura in midfield.
I can already see that Churchy-Boli-Abate trio at work on the right side of the pitch... All the players on Sampdoria left flank can take a vacation for the game and put training cones in their stead, they'll stop them just as effectively.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I'm sure Bertolacci will replace Poli if he's fit in that midfield

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Mexes ples
Z7VvjZg.png

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
No bertolacci no party. And i really mean that. He is very important for this team.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Cafu, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi

No Poli Nooooooo!!!!! Why Poli????? Why not Kucka????:(

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Probable XI vs Sampdoria (4-4-2): Donnarumma; Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Cerci, Kucka, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Bacca, Niang [Milanchannel].

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
1 Point.

Against a team 5 places below us, with a worse squad, that Miha managed last season and so knows most of the players.

I think we'll get 3.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probable XI vs Sampdoria (4-4-2): Donnarumma; Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Cerci, Kucka, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Bacca, Niang [Milanchannel].

Alex again??? I don't understand why doesn't play Mexes. When he had replaced Alex against Lazio and Atalanta, he was one of the best. Instead Alex against Juventus had played bad

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Alex again??? I don't understand why doesn't play Mexes. When he had replaced Alex against Lazio and Atalanta, he was one of the best. Instead Alex against Juventus had played bad

Before that, and he wasn't awful against Juventus, he was very good and partnered well with Romagnoli.

Alex is more constant and, arguably, his peak level now is just a little higher than Mexes's peak level, some would say.

Also, even if we do lose, there is just no justification for predicting a loss or draw. We have a better squad, have had a better season and we're at home. Do people just predict losses because they'll get to say "I told you so" or are they just so braindead?

Can someone answer whether the forum had morons in this form back in the mid-2000s when we were the premier team?

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
1 Point.

Against a team 5 places below us, with a worse squad, that Miha managed last season and so knows most of the players.

I think we'll get 3.

Yeah miha proved that he is an amazing tactician...NOT.

Montella will exploit our weaknesses, like always did.

Last edited:

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
We also have a better squad than all the middle-bottom table teams we played against. Can you explain why we drew\lost?
Fact is playing with poli\kucka adds nothing to the midfield. Bonaventura has not played significantly on LCM and meanwhile performed greatly on the LW role. You can put 3 strikers but while there are no balls being fed to them we're down to coincidence goals.
Samp. will come in top motivation due to Montella's recent addition. Also i believe Soriano will come highly focused.
Predicted draw, hopefull win.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We lost to Genoa and drew with Torino and Atalanta.

Torino and Atalanta are two and three places below us. Otherwise we've only lost against Fiorentina, Napoli, Inter and Juventus.

Doesn't seem that crazy when you think about it like that.

Beat the upcoming teams, hopefully get a result against Roma. Remember we have to play the 3 relegation zone sides before the halfway point

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait, why not Abate RM?

Schedule