The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Hakan was good at LW, why try to turn him into something else.

We should build on what we have! Not, ‘I wanna see what he can do there’.

In the end, only Rino’s evaluations will matter.

Because Mirabelli said we’re going to sign a winger and we’ve been linked to Depay. Depay is a much better winger whereas Hakan is more of a makeshift. Also, we need a better LCM than the mediocre Bonaventura and Hakan’s done well there for Leverkusen in the past. So I’d like to try him there or as AM in a 4231 if we sign Depay.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, we need a better LCM than the mediocre Bonaventura and Hakan’s done well there for Leverkusen in the past.

When exactly?
Leverkusen switched between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 and Hakan played mainly on the left flank, and sometimes as the CAM.

If you want to see Hakan as LCM then rewatch the Montella part of last season.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He's had one bad season in Serie A and that was in Roma where he had to compete with Salah.
He's not a pace merchant or a David Silva level talent so he stood no chance as a young, inexperienced, foreign winger in EPL.

If you have 3 seasons with 12-13 goals and a bunch of assists for two different Serie A clubs, then you're probably useful to us. For the right price of course.

Conti? He's alive?
Anyway, I'm not sure about him in a 3 man attack. Wingback? 4-2-3-1 RW? Sure.
RWF of a front 3 is a different matter.

As for Suso...can't stand his lack of off-ball movement anymore.
Having another off-ball runner would do wonders for the CF and Hakan.

Firstly, I doubt we’ve got the funds to sign two RW so Callejon is the better choice in terms of goals/assists. Secondly, we need somebody quick to replace Suso and Callejon shreds him in that department too. Also, Cairo will probably ask for a ridiculous fee too.

As for Conti, he virtually played as RM under Gasperini at Atalanta. Given his speed and ability going forward I think he’d do fine playing further afield (fitness permitting).

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
You missed the first months of last season?

No but you obviously did as you’d realise practically everyone was terrible under Montella which is why he got sacked. Also, expecting a guy to instantly perform in a brand new league after being suspended half the previous season is irrational.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
You missed the first months of last season?

According to whoscored: 2 goals and 3 assists in 9matches as CM. That is not bad considering the form he and the team were in.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This callejon talk... do you guys even watch napoli matches? :fp:

Both him and hamsik were shit last season

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan CM would be a complete failure

Keep him on the left where he has freedom and cuts in and play him with forwards like Cutrone who are aggressive and move well & attack space

I could see him as a CAM in a 4231 but not a CM..

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
While we're on the topic of stats and how it proves we're fine as we are, we just have wasteful strikers.

Our strikers compared to the most praised ones (In Serie A, excluding PKs, both attempts and goals)
Icardi: 23 goals from 94 shots = 24.46%
Cutrone: 10 goals from 44 shots = 22.72%
Immobile: 22 goals from 102 shots = 21.56%
Kalinic: 6 goals from 49 shots = 12.25%
Dzeko: 16 goals from 152 shots = 10.52%
Silva: 2 goals from 35 shots = 5.71% (6 goals from 21 shots in EL = 28.57%)

These are the Milan players that fired most shots:

21lj49c.jpg

These numbers shouldn't be surprising at all if you watch the games.
We make lots of attempts. Most of it from our wingers and Kessie and Bona.
Suso has short spells where he can score, followed by long droughts.
Hakan was incredibly wasteful and selfish for most of the season, but there's optimism because he made huge improvements at the end.
Bona scores plenty of goals from late runs a la Noce, but the wannabe-Dinho in him will never die, so he'll keep going for the solo goal and screamer and see it fail almost every time.
Kessie is consistently shit at scoring and setting up teammates when he's in or near the box.

So yeah, we do need more reliable goal scorers, but it's not just the strikers that keep wasting chances and attacks. And it's not just the conversion that's the problem.

I was banned when I read this...but I just wanted to say good post!
You're usually pretty accurate and coherent :thumbsup:
the only issue I have with this is that the stats are a bit off.
for one thing Silva scored 8 goals not 6 in the EL
The other thing, is that when he comes on as a Sub....he'll be more shoot - happy that if he's starting...because he has less time to prove himself.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're usually pretty accurate and coherent
The other thing, is that when he comes on as a Sub....he'll be more shoot - happy that if he's starting...because he has less time to prove himself.
Why were you banned?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
When exactly?
Leverkusen switched between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 and Hakan played mainly on the left flank, and sometimes as the CAM.

If you want to see Hakan as LCM then rewatch the Montella part of last season.

Hakan has played in a variety of positions for Leverkusen (LM, CM, DM, AM, LW & SS) and has scored/assisted in virtually all of them. Therefore, he’s more than capable of playing anywhere in midfield which is why Gattuso said he’d make a good regista. I’d rather try him at LCM instead of Bonaventura which is what the original post I replied to was about. Obviously I’d prefer to sign a true mezzala instead which is why I mentioned Vidal/Nainggolan/Strootman in previous posts.

If management were sold on Hakan playing LW next season they wouldn’t openly say we’re looking to sign a winger and we wouldn’t be strongly linked to Depay. Fact. He’s a very good LW backup though.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why were you banned?

Someone called me a racist and I explained that a religion =/= race.
I got 0 against anyone from any religion or race for the record, not that it matters or the haters will take that as it is.
Don't want to get re-banned for saying this now :D

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone called me a racist and I explained that a religion =/= race.
I got 0 against anyone from any religion or race for the record, not that it matters or the haters will take that as it is.
Don't want to get re-banned for saying this now :D

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Patrick Cutrone's new contract will be till 2023, and his new salary will be €1.5M per season and bonuses related to certain numbers of goals in a season. [CdS]
Worst agent of the year award goes to the guy who agreed on this.

Imagine not milking at least 3M from F&M after last summer when Mino humiliated both of them.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
Saffet Balkan, a Fifa agent very close to Croatian football on Badelj: “Badelj has decided to continue playing in Italy for family reasons. His new club could be Milan or Inter.”

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Worst agent of the year award goes to the guy who agreed on this.

Imagine not milking at least 3M from F&M after last summer when Mino humiliated both of them.

Cutrone is a treasure

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree. That's why it's sad that he's going to earn only 500k more than Antonio Donnarumma and 4.5M less than his fraud brother.

Sad? How... you telling me cutrone deserves more than 1.5m + bonuses?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to whoscored: 2 goals and 3 assists in 9matches as CM. That is bot bad considering the form he and the team were in.

1 goal, 0 assist in Serie A.

But that's not how you asses an LCM. Bona has 8 goals and 3 assists, is he a great LCM coming from a great season?

Hakan struggled to make an impact at LCM(EL fodders aside) and was labeled the new Bertolacci by RnB. Sure, he can and will improve if given more time there, but I don't see much upside. He's an attacker, not a midfielder or advanced CM.

No but you obviously did as you’d realise practically everyone was terrible under Montella which is why he got sacked.

He was the better LW and Bona the better LCM, between those two.
This was clear, if you watched the games and knew what you were watching.
He was totally out of place in midfield and looked more natural on the left flank. I said that in September.
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=2752157&postcount=44

Then Gattuso comes along, drops 3-5-2 and moves Hakan up to the left flank and the new Bertolacci is all of a sudden RnB's player of the season.

But yeah, let's assume it was all due to long absence from football.

Hakan has played in a variety of positions for Leverkusen (LM, CM, DM, AM, LW & SS) and has scored/assisted in virtually all of them. Therefore, he’s more than capable of playing anywhere in midfield which is why Gattuso said he’d make a good regista. I’d rather try him at LCM instead of Bonaventura which is what the original post I replied to was about.

Hakan never played regularly as CM for Leverkusen. Always on the left flank or behind the striker. Bundesfodder teams don't even deploy 3 man midfields.

Just admit you got caught making stuff up.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're usually pretty accurate and coherent :thumbsup:

Thanks, and welcome back.

2 of those 8 are from the EL qualifiers, not the main tournament. Hence 6 goals.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
If Badelj was gonna sign for Inter, wouldnt he have done so already?

Bosman is bosman

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Badelj was gonna sign for Inter, wouldnt he have done so already?

Bosman is bosman

It's probably Milan. Plus Inter already got their 2 bosman deals locked up with De Vrij and Asamoah pretty quickly. Like you said, if it was Inter, he probably would've signed for them by now. Plus Inter have Vecino, Borja, Brozovic, Gagliardini for the midfield. Probably get Rafinha back as well at some point this summer. Possibly Nainggolan from Roma. Doubt it's Inter.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan are closely following 23-year-old Villarreal winger Sami Castillejo. He could be involved in a deal with Bacca. [Sky]

Basically a Suso clone. Would be good to rotate with Suso or just a replacement should Suso depart.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Watford redeemed Deulofeu for only 13m. Would have been a nice rotation option and familiar with the club.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Absolutely no to Iago Falque. He's among the type of players we should not be looking after. Failed to deliver at a bigger stage and slow. No Ljajic's pls.

And a Falcao loan really isn't that horrible of an idea as some of your suggest as it'd also mean we'd deal with Silva in an ideal way + have big money left for a much needed quality winger/mid.

If I had to choose a striker based on their ability, probability to come and price alone I'd pick Belotti and Immobile.

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
The only similarity I see between Sami Castillejo and Suso is their position and stronger foot. Perhaps Castillejo also seems to be rather squishy but he sure as hell appears to be a lot faster.

Looks kind of all right for a backup player seeing that he got speed and is supposedly one of their best players this season (so was Bacca) but I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule