The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Community > Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support

Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support Announcements released by administrators, feedback plus solving any problems you have regarding the proper functioning of these forums or the main site.

View Poll Results: How do you rate the forums compared to the old version?
Better 11 45.83%
Same 3 12.50%
Worse 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2004, 03:33   #1
David
Administrator

Default How do you like it?

Well,
What do you think of the new design and the functionality of the new forums?

Any complaints?

Cheers,
David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:40   #2
savicevic10
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio

Man, it's miles better. Good work young man!!!!

Signature
savicevic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:57   #3
mtfco
just another member

good job, there is one thing though, where is the link to show the new posts?

edit: ah nevermind i found it, the new look confuses me a bit, too much white around, needs darker a bit hehehe...

Signature
there are many reasons to eat: hunger, boredom, and wanting to be the world's fatest man
mtfco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:31   #4
Cescania
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini

It looks good and I like the banner the most. But the words are too big. And where are the little red devils, crying faces?

1 more thing: where are my stars and title under my name?

Signature
FORZA FORZA FORZA

A boy born to be a legend

Last edited by Cescania; 02-09-2004 at 05:34.
Cescania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:37   #5
David
Administrator

The stars are gone.

I'm thinking of new user titles and I'll be adding them quite soon.
Smilies are all there:

What words are too big?

Last edited by David; 02-09-2004 at 05:43.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:40   #6
Boban
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Sheva, Nesta

yeah looks good mate

much easier and fast too post now because we got fast reply

Signature
Boban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:36   #7
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Hm, looks a bit like any board now.. a bit interchangeable. I really liked the former 'antiquated' layout because there weren't many of that kind around anymore.

Whoever said there's too much white in this one is right

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:40   #8
milan_my_love
▼•Moderator•▼

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano

David fulfilled the promise.Of course the new script is much better.

Congrats David!

Signature
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever
milan_my_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 08:06   #9
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Good thing: the IGNORE list

I strongly encourage all those who find my posts hard to tolerate to make ample use of it. It's there for a purpose, guys, don't hesitate

Signature

Old 02-09-2004, 09:22   #10
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: None, but thinking of some.

To say the truth this new design will get time to get used to for me. I really liked the old one and saw nothing wrong with it. I have no doubts that I will get used to this one as soon as I find out all the little changes.
~Biski Biskit~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:29   #11
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: None, but thinking of some.

The statuses have changed now haven't they.
~Biski Biskit~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:17   #12
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤

Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kaką

Congrats to David and everyone else on the new layout! Everything changes eventually and I think it was about time that we go for something new and more powerful ... I've gone through lots of new options while browsing and I'm extremely glad that we finally have those options on our board as well ... VBulletin definitly contains a variety of options which give the user much more entertaiment as a member in the forums, it's absolutely better than PHPbb! Well done David!

Some design notes:
I personally prefer the horizontal red bars which seperate the posts inside threads more than the red ones on the index page ... Those on the index page seem a bit flashy and the red should be a bit darker for Milan, and yes there seems to be more white than black like people suggested above ... The border above the members' signatures seems a bit plain as well, I kinda prefered the line of red squares in our old layout!
I also expected some more smilies now that we have more options, perhaps the list can get longer

Errors:
I keep getting this error whenever I'm trying to post this message;
"You have included too many images in your signature or in your previous post. Please go back and correct the problem and then continue again."
So I had to delete some smilies in order to post

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before? By the way, I love all the huge space provided for PMs!

Time to stop being fussy ---> Other than all above I believe the progress is enormous, congrats once again

FORZA MILAN!!!
FORZA THE RED&BLACK FORUM!!!

Last edited by Kyara; 02-09-2004 at 10:24.
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:28   #13
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kakį

Wow .. well done David , it was time for changes .. this is more complicated but we will get used .. Thanks alot David ..

P.S I am starting to miss the old one heheh

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:30   #14
KingSheva
Senior Team Member

Ye it is pretty smooth and sharp, but i prefered the black and red layout before, i feel the white background could get a bit annoying and sore on the eyes after a while. Would there be any chance of changing the background colours? Like maybe adding a few colour schemes to suit everyone? It's just a suggestion.

Also where are the smilies lol :P , i liked how before everything was on the left handside column. Now i can't find anything.
KingSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:43   #15
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Kyara wrote:

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before?

---------

Well, not all the deleted ones have resurfaced here but those that did + some random others have (re)appeared twice. Yea, and how come deleted stuff shows up again ?

Some more comments:

Admittedly I'm a creature of habit + never like parting ways with sth I had grown a liking to which explains my initial scepticism. It took a while to figure out the changes + all added functionality too, much of it I won't use (+ not only cos retirement is looming) but it's never wrong to offer choices. The only remaining beef is the colouring, a little less white... PLEASE

Question: How do I change font size in my signature ? Don't tell me I can't

Signature

Old 02-09-2004, 12:58   #16
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤

Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kaką

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Kyara wrote:

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before?
---------

Well, not all the deleted ones have resurfaced here but those that did + some random others have (re)appeared twice. Yea, and how come deleted stuff shows up again ?

Some more comments:

Admittedly I'm a creature of habit + never like parting ways with sth I had grown a liking to which explains my initial scepticism. It took a while to figure out the changes + all added functionality too, much of it I won't use (+ not only cos retirement is looming) but it's never wrong to offer choices. The only remaining beef is the colouring, a little less white... PLEASE

I haven't found anything to do about font sizes even in the VBcode detailed explanation (FAQ), there are instructions on how to change the font, color, etc, and non about the size! But I think the size option can be added though

And one more thing David, when clicking the "Currently active users" button, the last column titled "instant messaging" is empty although I believe there should be links to PM the users in the boxes, right?
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 17:28   #17
David
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
Errors:
I keep getting this error whenever I'm trying to post this message;
"You have included too many images in your signature or in your previous post. Please go back and correct the problem and then continue again."
So I had to delete some smilies in order to post

Mysteries:
How did I retrieve all my PMs ever since I joined the forum and which I had deleted before? By the way, I love all the huge space provided for PMs!

Time to stop being fussy ---> Other than all above I believe the progress is enormous, congrats once again

FORZA MILAN!!!
FORZA THE RED&BLACK FORUM!!!
The errors:
Should be fixed now. I thought it only applied to images.

The mistery:
Well, it's a mistery alright. Situations like this happen when you convert a forum script to another quite different forum script so we'll just have to live with it. Yep, PM boxes are larger, esp. for Moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSheva
i feel the white background could get a bit annoying and sore on the eyes after a while.
Actually I think it's proven that the white background is much more comforting for the eyes than the black background. Nevertheless, I could increase the black margins a bit if that's what the popular demand wants.

About the smilies: SIMPLE! When posting a message there's a black & white smilie above the form. If you click on it a menu will appear with some of the smilies and a list to all the smilies.
Or:
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/misc...yg=1&forumid=0
Or, you could just use the smiliebox on the right when posting, which I've enabled just about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
You can't. It's because some members have this problem about putting in some huge fonts in the signature. I guess you'd like to make it smaller? Sigs text will probably get smaller by default, as it is less important than the actual post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
And one more thing David, when clicking the "Currently active users" button, the last column titled "instant messaging" is empty although I believe there should be links to PM the users in the boxes, right?
That's because PMs have been turned off for all members during the conversion. PLEASE, all of you, check your User CP and turn PMs on. Once that'll happen the PM buttons will reappear.

Here's the user titles I'm thinking of adding. They're based on the usual youth ranks of Italian teams. If someone sees a language error then please notify me of it:

Pulcino
Esordiente
Giovanissimo Sperimentale
Giovanissimo Regionale
Giovanissimo Professionista
Allievo Sperimentale
Allievo Regionale
Allievo Nazionale
Berretta
Primavera Player

and from here on, I'm open to suggestions. After "Primavera Player", I was thinking of:

Bench Warmer
In Squad Rotation
First Eleven
Milan Captain
Milan Legend
Dead From Posting

but as I said, other suggestions are welcomed.
Old 02-09-2004, 17:35   #18
logan
Senior Team Member

plss save us from this pathetic looking, slow forum design
uhhhhhhh

Signature
Paolo you re the best !!!
***Forza Milan***
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 17:45   #19
David
Administrator

I'm afraid not.

And if you find it slower than the previous one, check your internet connection. It's just as fast for me. [you could also disable images, sigs, and avatars from your CP, by the way ]

I've added a new profile field. Go to:
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/prof...do=editoptions
and there's a field named "Fav. Players" where you could list your favorite players. They'll appear with each post under your username.
Old 02-09-2004, 17:45   #20
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Re: User titles/ranks

Hm, I thought the old ones were OK. But if you absolutely insist on the new stuff, how about RETIRED before DEAD FROM POSTING ?

And who wants to start out as a little flea ????

Signature