Milan-Sampdoria

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
Can't wait for the next match! =) Guess Milan gonna grab another 3pts again.

=
Channel4.com

Milan-Sampdoria
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

The two most in-form Serie A sides meet at the San Siro as leaders Milan face third-placed Sampdoria. The Rossoneri have won their last six League games, while Doria have won five and lost one (to Livorno) over the same period of time.

The Rossoneri kept up their joint leadership with Juventus thanks to a 2-1 win at Atalanta. That victory was labelled as ‘lucky’ by some given that Andrea Pirlo netted a 94th minute winner. The champions are developing a habit for leaving it late after winning in similar circumstances against Lazio and Cagliari.

Sampdoria will certainly need to be aware of that particular Milan characteristic given their last experience of the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. The port outfit were leading 2-0 at Inter before the home side scored three times in the last five minutes to net a remarkable victory.

While most expected Milan to be in such a position, few believed that Doria would be fighting for a place in next season’s Champions’ League. They beat Chievo, somewhat fortunately, last week and have also beaten Juventus in Turin this season. That will make them a danger even without the injured trio of Stefano Sacchetti, Cristiano Doni and Marcello Castellini. It's a special occasion for Vitali Kutuzov, whose contract is still owned by the Rossoneri.

Milan also have injury problems to contend with. Golden Ball winner Andriy Shevchenko is still out following his cheekbone surgery and Kakha Kaladze is struggling with a muscle problem, even if Manuel Rui Costa could return after a bout of the flu. Marcos Cafu missed the Atalanta trip through suspension and shores up the defence.

Milan: Dida; Stam, Nesta, Maldini, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Tomasson, Crespo

Sampdoria: Antonioli; Zenoni, Pavan, Falcone, Pisano; Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto; Flachi, Kutuzov

Ref: To follow

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
I think we will win 2-1 our goals will be by Inzaghi- Kaka

Froza Milan

Reaction score
tough game...milan should get up and win however it could be close especially without sheva...

prediction: 2-1 Milan

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
We play at home so we should win.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
I think we can win this game.. 2-0 for Milan.. I hope that Inzaghi will recover..

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
This will be an exciting match. I believe Il Samp will come to the San Siro not merely playing for a draw, which is good. Aside from Lecce many weeks ago, many teams come for a draw and with their current position in the table (3rd) and Inter playing at Lazio and Udinese battling fellow CL contender Palermo, they will play like they want to win.

They beat Juve and lost to Inter by conceding 3 late goals in 2 minutes of extra time. Player to watch : Flachi and Doni.

Milan is at the state of euphoria after the ManU win so the players will ride the feeling and not relying on another late minutes goal.

Ancelotti should give Pippo a starting line up (will be nice to see the Inzaghi brothers battling) and go back to the 2 strikers formation. Gattuso should be rested in favor or Brocchi or Dhorasoo.

2-0 for Milan. Please God, let Pippo scores. Is it true that Sheva will be at the bench? I heard he already resumed full training.

Last edited:

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
According to reports in the Italian media, Shevchenko won't return to first team action until Milan's visit to Roma Sunday week.

I don't think Inzaghi should be risked in the game against Sampdoria, at least not from the start. He could probably make a substitute appearance but his lack of match fitness would be a major hindrance on Milan's hopes of taking all three points from a very determined Sampdoria side.

Milan may find it hard to motivate themselves after the Champions League euphoria but hopefully the crowds will turn out and roar them on. It's not always easy reverting to Serie A mode after a Champions League game and Milan must be wary of any hangover.

I would certainly give a start to Dhorasoo and give Seedorf a rest. Not too sure what the situation is with Kaladze, but if fit, I would expect him to come in and give the captain a break.

Milan to edge it by a single goal.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I would say probably 1 - 0 again .. I just hope the game againts Man.Untd was a turning point to Kaka .. I expect the same performance from him .. Sampdoria are in very good form and I wonder how come every team that gets the form face Milan .. it happened many times this season..

I dont know for the formation .. but I think Capitano deserve a rest .. depends if Kaladze will be fit or not .. such for the atack JDT will start surelly with Crespo upfront..

FORZA MILAN!!!

kresomikus

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka, Nesta, Kranjcar,Torres, Gilardino, Del Horno
Wh have 8 wins in a row so we must keep this rampage!!!

2:1 for Milan!!! :star:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am not confident about this game since we are in a state of celebration.. Even the tifosi like us are in a state of euphoria...

So, the players may have a let down.... Wish to win but not sure... May be a draw on the card....

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
I think this time Carlo will let Inzaghi play from the first minute..

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Although Samp is now in 3rd place, Milan should be able to win this. It seems that Milan wants to win both Serie A and CL. They won't slip anything from its palm.

Hope Pippo can play and score. Miss him too much. :)

Reaction score
My heart is red my mind is black!!!Against the world I will lead the rossoneri attack.Forza magico Milan.

tayogoldnet

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
kujta_nesta13 said:
yeah milan should win this match,they have to Crespo hat-trick,I love that guy

you albanian ?

Back on topic .. probably we are going to play 2 man atack since Rui Costa dont feel the legs..

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
I'd like to see Pippo in this one,up front with Crespo.Although the so called christmas tree formation has worked quite well,maybe Carlo will stick with it.Hopefully we will be able to win this one and wrap it up before the 94th minute :) Although those wins are sooo sweat

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
we'll win again! 2-0! Milan kick ass! :)

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The christmas tree formation works best in the CL, but in the Serie A I think Carlo will go back to the 2 striker formation, with Crespo and JDT up front. I don't think Pippo is yet good enough to start a match, but he should step in for JDT (or maybe Crespo, depending how they play) at some point during the game.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I would like to see Pippo get a start but whoever is fit should take the field, tough match i predict we are gna suffer but our defence has been really strong of late its just if we are gna find the net maybe in the 98th minute this week :D

Reaction score
besikaka said:
you albanian ?

Back on topic .. probably we are going to play 2 man atack since Rui Costa dont feel the legs..
Yes besi i'm albanian
and i also would like the crespo-inzhagi partnership

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
yeh cant await....ive got the match live on espn at 10pm so im set for sunday night

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
inzaghi???????????????may be...........he is good player and may be he can help us to win.It doesn't metter who will play it is important to take the 3 points!
:star:FORZA MAGICO MILAN:star:

Schedule