The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Community > Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support

Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support Announcements released by administrators, feedback plus solving any problems you have regarding the proper functioning of these forums or the main site.



View Poll Results: Who's Mr. D? Which theory do we believe in?
Mr. D is Mr. D and this is his first account Theory 3 12.00%
#CongoPubers Theory 7 28.00%
#TwoPubesTheory 4 16.00%
#MultiplePersonalityGenny Theory 2 8.00%
Pubes = Pharaoh = Mr. D = Yoda and no more personalities 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2010, 00:16   #4021
SixOneFive
Long Live Don Silvio
 
SixOneFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Fav. Players: Peyton fucking Manning, Tom Hanks, Kendrick Lamar, PK Subban, Alvin Kamara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
as nice a thought as it is. I don't buy the whole 'sweep it under the rug' don't talk about it mentality.

Denial is never good IMO
I don't think we should "sweep under the rug" or just simply deny it either. However, calling for racial equality and then giving special recognition to minorities at every chance doesn't make much sense. The perceived inferiority complex isn't improving with any of that special recognition, mostly because it implies that those minorities have something to prove, and that's just the thing. They should have NOTHING to prove because we are all inherently equal.


Signature
SixOneFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 00:18   #4022
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOneFive View Post
I don't think we should "sweep under the rug" or just simply deny it either. However, calling for racial equality and then giving special recognition to minorities at every chance doesn't make much sense. The perceived inferiority complex isn't improving with any of that special recognition, mostly because it implies that those minorities have something to prove, and that's just the thing. They should have NOTHING to prove because we are all inherently equal.
Ok. Well i 100% agree with this.

But that wasn't what argument was bout.... just don't want specific terms used. I don't think it's that big a request. I know Dru and others were offended initially.... A more moderated forum might actually oblige. It has nothing to do with black,white, race, color etc. just certain terms have negative connotation, and probably should not be allowed on public forum. No big deal


whatever if you think I'm off base. I'm in line with what Beemer left this forum saying. There is almost zero moderation, and it's gone beyond funny to just mean. People get more joy out of hating than success. Minute italy goes out 100 posters wanna blast pirlo (who was injured and barely played)? The england v. Germany thread also. I recall when i joined, half those hater posts there would have lead to bans.... ultimately this stuff, just drives level of posting down the gutter......


BTW didn't billy and masster get banned for making racist remarks?

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 28-06-2010 at 00:22.
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 00:25   #4023
SixOneFive
Long Live Don Silvio
 
SixOneFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Fav. Players: Peyton fucking Manning, Tom Hanks, Kendrick Lamar, PK Subban, Alvin Kamara
Default

^^I see. lol sorry if I got a little too broad with the subject at hand. I agree with what you said there, though.


Signature
SixOneFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 00:28   #4024
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOneFive View Post
^^I see. lol sorry if I got a little too broad with the subject at hand. I agree with what you said there, though.
I think we have same views on this stuff. I'm of belief, if we were all like seedorf, we'd have no problems. Unfortunately.... there can only be one clarence.


But we can all try to be better man like CCS
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 00:43   #4025
Cristina
Super Moderator
 
Cristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
I'm of belief, if we were all like seedorf, we'd have no problems. Unfortunately.... there can only be one clarence.
Exactly. This is why nobody should complain when moderators make mistakes.

Not that we do.

And I have no idea what this conversation is about.
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:35   #4026
GreatKalu
I still believe!
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
Mad, you might be right on what you're saying, however, you have to understand that most of us perceive it as a racial slur, if it's wrong or right, I'm not sure, but it is perceived that way, and I know you're aware of that. It's much better to avoid calling anyone an ape, regardless of their race.
I made a public apology and refrained from calling anyone an ape since the whole "ape saga" in the UCL thread. The reason why I've been brought to the racist court this time is for another statement altogether. Nevertheless, I'll try my best not to say anything that has racial implications.

I guess you could say I've been brought up in a society thats fairly open with regards to racism ... if you can call it that. Southern Africa is perhaps the most diverse part of the world - we're not full of immigrants who married their way into citizenship ... we have different types of people who've been there for generations due to the British, Protuguese and Dutch influences (Belgian as well), and the consequences of the slave trade they brought with them. There are specific terms for even mixes of two specific types of races, for example. So keeping it locked in safe is never going to happen because its unrealistic ... most people have come to accept them, and the smart ones aren't really offended by them.

All I'm saying is that if you think this is racism, then you have no idea. I'm sure people are well aware of what happened in Zimbabwe ... something I'm not really proud of.

That said, regarding my latest statement, I have an honest question for the anti-racist police ... and please bare with me: I am going to separate people according to their skin color, which I myself think is racist, but try to look beyond it and get the message/point. This, IMO, is real talk regarding racism ...

I notice that most of them are white guys (except dru of course, as we all know ) but why does it offend them so much? Much more than the other people of color on the board? Why do they feel the need to go the extra mile in order to defend or help people of color from such statements? As a person of color, and here I am aware that I speak for myself, I will say that I can take care of myself - thank you very much. I do not need your help or protection from comments that will barely affect me at the end of the day.

And I'm not only singling out the posters on this board ... I'm talking about a lot of white people, especially in the media, who the way I see it, try to make themselves feel better about themselves by fighting against supposedly racist comments ... as a means of helping out the victimized minorities in the Western World.

If they really want to be of help to us, then why not sort out the credit crunch, which in effect, they mostly created? Or how about try to give us equal opportunities in order to improve our well-being? Maybe then Dave Chappelle wouldn't be making such jokes, or Tupac and Biggie wouldn't be rapping about these things ...

I mean, all this bickering about racism has gotten to the point that its arguably the primary reason why Obama is president, and at the end of the day, he isn't so much different from his predecessor now ... is he?

Rant over. Peace, love and understanding <3 henceforth.


Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 21:06   #4027
Fiero
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Problem: Gaizka rarely posts.

Suggestion: Every member is required to pay 100$/year, this way Gaizka can quit his job and focus on enlightening us with his great wisdom. Since I came up with the suggesstion, I don't get to pay of course.

Last edited by Fiero; 28-06-2010 at 21:09.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 05:05   #4028
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot View Post
I made a public apology and refrained from calling anyone an ape since the whole "ape saga" in the UCL thread. The reason why I've been brought to the racist court this time is for another statement altogether. Nevertheless, I'll try my best not to say anything that has racial implications.

I guess you could say I've been brought up in a society thats fairly open with regards to racism ... if you can call it that. Southern Africa is perhaps the most diverse part of the world - we're not full of immigrants who married their way into citizenship ... we have different types of people who've been there for generations due to the British, Protuguese and Dutch influences (Belgian as well), and the consequences of the slave trade they brought with them. There are specific terms for even mixes of two specific types of races, for example. So keeping it locked in safe is never going to happen because its unrealistic ... most people have come to accept them, and the smart ones aren't really offended by them.

All I'm saying is that if you think this is racism, then you have no idea. I'm sure people are well aware of what happened in Zimbabwe ... something I'm not really proud of.

That said, regarding my latest statement, I have an honest question for the anti-racist police ... and please bare with me: I am going to separate people according to their skin color, which I myself think is racist, but try to look beyond it and get the message/point. This, IMO, is real talk regarding racism ...

I notice that most of them are white guys (except dru of course, as we all know ) but why does it offend them so much? Much more than the other people of color on the board? Why do they feel the need to go the extra mile in order to defend or help people of color from such statements? As a person of color, and here I am aware that I speak for myself, I will say that I can take care of myself - thank you very much. I do not need your help or protection from comments that will barely affect me at the end of the day.

And I'm not only singling out the posters on this board ... I'm talking about a lot of white people, especially in the media, who the way I see it, try to make themselves feel better about themselves by fighting against supposedly racist comments ... as a means of helping out the victimized minorities in the Western World.

If they really want to be of help to us, then why not sort out the credit crunch, which in effect, they mostly created? Or how about try to give us equal opportunities in order to improve our well-being? Maybe then Dave Chappelle wouldn't be making such jokes, or Tupac and Biggie wouldn't be rapping about these things ...

I mean, all this bickering about racism has gotten to the point that its arguably the primary reason why Obama is president, and at the end of the day, he isn't so much different from his predecessor now ... is he?

Rant over. Peace, love and understanding <3 henceforth.
great post
Point is when can we differentiate from joke and true hate? So we try to nip it in the bud or lets go into full fledge discussion which might end up in slugfest and hate related post.

we need a different thread for similar shit
I am from a country where i rarely see blacks and whites, but i must say after leaving my country my perceptions have changed my fear of unknown has reduced but I almost piss in my pants when i stand in downtown on a friday night call me a pussy or prejudiced

Last edited by Ashish; 30-06-2010 at 05:07.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 05:19   #4029
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One
 
Sasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Urrth
Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri
Default

A lot of the complaining is coming from American posters because racism in the USA is treated the same way the Holocaust is in Germany. Ignore ignore ignore get offended when it rears its ugly head Ignore Ignore.


Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 05:27   #4030
Ali Daei
Kaliris
 
Ali Daei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default

Too be honest I didn't get mad at the whole Altidore comment
More or so the US pricks comment Mad made. I just thought it was rude and was not needed.
Ghifola took it to far and got butt hurt.
Ali Daei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 11:39   #4031
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Jasper and Admins, I'm still waiting to do something on "Ask Sod_Lod Thread"; I will not quit as it is my right here, and your decision based on incorrect concepts and bias way.

This is unjustifiable, hope you realize that, I'm ready for any open debate to settle this issue.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 11:47   #4032
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

I'm not going to change the name of the therad where people ask you stuff and you answer. Just like Fierouk pointed out it would make a precedent to change every post where a(ny) name is mentioned.

When you started answering the questions you gave the name to the thread. Too late to cry foul now. Also this is my last opinion on the matter. I've already gone through depths with it and couldn't care. If you can convince someone to change it I'm fine with it.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 12:15   #4033
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I'm not going to change the name of the therad where people ask you stuff and you answer. Just like Fierouk pointed out it would make a precedent to change every post where a(ny) name is mentioned.

When you started answering the questions you gave the name to the thread. Too late to cry foul now. Also this is my last opinion on the matter. I've already gone through depths with it and couldn't care. If you can convince someone to change it I'm fine with it.
Wrong Jasper, I'm not the one who named the thread, M84 is the one who created it not me, I welcomed the idea as long as it handle the right questions not the BS fouling ones which i clearly un-welcomed them.

I was told the Mod if the Non-respectable questions and the bad behaves continue then it is better to close the thread or merge with other or change the name.

I do not know who is "Fierouk" and what was his issue with the people and don't care for.

I clearly informed and warned the mods that I would like to shut down the thread if the BS continue, you can check up "Problems + Suggestions" and find the post.

You have no reason for not changing the name of the thread, people can find the post by the search tools as this forum supply it to the users.

I will not accept bad topics run under my name, and it is my right.

I convinced one of the Mod "Cristina" to change it, and she is the one who guaranteed to me the safe of give the chance for the people to continue post on, you can simply ask her or search on "Problems + Suggestions".

I'm asking for a logical solution not a try to affect or disrespect any of the members here, or miss with the system in this forum, and you know that well.

I demand for fair reaction as it is really not rocket science to deal with.

Last edited by Sod-Lod; 30-06-2010 at 14:47. Reason: Fixing Crammer errors.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 16:54   #4034
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
I've seen this on other forums...

Can we have a Milan History Sub Forum. A place were Sacchi, Baresi, Ancelotti, Rui Costa threads could go or other historical topics in 2003 champions league and whatnot
I want to bump this again. I think it is a great idea to have a Milan History Sub Forum.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:13   #4035
Cristina
Super Moderator
 
Cristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod-Lod View Post
I convinced one of the Mod "Cristina" to change it, and she is the one who guaranteed to me the safe of give the chance for the people to continue post on, you can simply ask her or search on "Problems + Suggestions".
Umm, when did I say I would change the name of the thread? I only remember saying it would be closed, and it's closed.
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:21   #4036
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I want to bump this again. I think it is a great idea to have a Milan History Sub Forum.
We need atleast one subforum of positivity! History Sub-forum, and then we can move threads of all our ex-players etc.
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:24   #4037
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
Umm, when did I say I would change the name of the thread? I only remember saying it would be closed, and it's closed.
In your last PM when you mentioned it about the Mods voting.

Last edited by Sod-Lod; 30-06-2010 at 17:36.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:33   #4038
Cristina
Super Moderator
 
Cristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod-Lod View Post
In your last PM when you mentioned it about the Mods voting.
I just said the mods agreed that the thread shouldn't be renamed (one of which was me).
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:35   #4039
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
I just said the mods agreed that the thread shouldn't be renamed (one of which was me).
So you do not agree to change the Thread name, just because you don't want after all the explanations that I mentioned to you; this is really unjustifiable now!

Edit: You didn't said that you are one of who vote against it; for your information.

Those are some of your General rules that agreed with my request directly and perfictly:

Offensive Language
Do not use it by any means! You could make your point without the extensive use of insulting words.

Respect
Respect other members' opinions and they'll respect yours. If a member insults you, don't answer back but report it to the appropriate moderator or administrator. Treat the others the way you want to be treated. Threads containing personal attacks will be closed or deleted. Offenders will be warned and action may be taken against them.

Moderators & Adminstrators
The authority of the moderators and the administrators should be recognised by any of the members. The moderators and administrators are here to make sure you have a quality time and they have the last word in a debate.

Last edited by Sod-Lod; 30-06-2010 at 18:04.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 18:35   #4040
Fiero
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Soddy, I really think you should drop it. I think it's not your fault that everyone messed around with the thread, but you can't really do anything about it. You played along at first, you can't just ask the mods do delete a part of the forum history. People took time and effort out of their lives to create those posts, and you responded and gave us some great knowledge in there. As long as these posts didn't contain anything related to religion, politics, nudity, or insults (at each other), then you can't ask the mods to delete them.

It's not like it's your real name anyway. Just chill out man. I know you'd rather have it deleted, but you don't always get what you want man. The thread got closed, it's history now... time to get over it buddy.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:54.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.