Russian Premier League Thread

Who will win the Russian League 2009?

• Total voters

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I dont liked the games this weekend so far.. i watch one 1x0 and one 0x0. No action.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
But there was action today. Spartak did great to see off Rostov 5-1. They have really improved since the start of the season and are now the most consistent club in the league. Welliton really is something else this season. If Rubin mess up in one game, I think Spartak can definitely take the title. And they do deserve it.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
But there was action today. Spartak did great to see off Rostov 5-1. They have really improved since the start of the season and are now the most consistent club in the league. Welliton really is something else this season. If Rubin mess up in one game, I think Spartak can definitely take the title. And they do deserve it.

i hope they win.. i didnt watch :(
Ghano did play?? did well??

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So CSKA currently leading Man Utd 2-1. :D

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now its Man Utd 1-3 CSKA!!!

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wow. sheer disappointment there. As I said before, CSKA knows how to mess up everything.

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
krasic scored goal against man utd ^^

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great job from Rubin this season. Leading in the premier league and now unbeaten by Barca.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So Spartak actually loses today. Thats it, they have no chance of winning the title anymore..

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So Spartak actually loses today. Thats it, they have no chance of winning the title anymore..

I didnt watch today.. but tomorrow im gonna watch CSKA in the morning.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
watchin cska x rubin, rubin are ahead by 0-1 despite cska dominating most of the 2nd half.

Dominguez is awesome.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
now that should be an interesting match. rubin will win

Cool game.. Dominguez was in high level again.. im sad for CSKA.. but rubin is really is deserving the trophy.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah looks like CSKA wont be in Europe next season.
Funny thing, when Rubin won the league last year, I said that they will disgrace Russia by getting destroyed, but they have done a marvelous job and I hope they do the same next year.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bystrov, Alex and Dominguez for me were the best players this season.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well what about welliton?

He did a great season too.. top10 for sure.

Ananidze.. Rafa Karioka as developments players of the year. :)

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He did a great season too.. top10 for sure.

Ananidze.. Rafa Karioka as developments players of the year. :)

u know what sucks now is that european clubs r gonna want to buy welliton and alex now. then spartak will fall apart. exactly what happened last year when they let go of mozart kalinichenko titov and pavlyuchenko

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
u know what sucks now is that european clubs r gonna want to buy welliton and alex now. then spartak will fall apart. exactly what happened last year when they let go of mozart kalinichenko titov and pavlyuchenko

I know what you mean.. in Brazil is the same way.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I really like the idea of David playing in the league and it would be great if he could give his advice on poker related questions here in the forum and not only in his special thread.

Adding prize money is also a very good idea to make the league-games more attractive to other players.
Prove to me you're not a bot. Name a player Milan signed this summer.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rubin Kazan 0-0 Zenit St. Petersburg: Rubin Retain Russian League Title

The Russian title holders had the chance to retain their crown against the 2007 champions...

Rubin Kazan have won the 2009 Russian Premier League after a 0-0 draw at home to Zenit St. Petersburg. Results elsewhere allowed the 2008 champions to win the title for the second successive year.

The hosts knew that if they could beat Zenit on their own turf, the title would be theirs. While Rubin probed for an opening, their fans were going through all manner of emotions in the stands as Spartak Moscow's match with CSKA Moscow swung one way and then the other.

No goals had arrived by half time, but CSKA's second goal just after the break was cheered as loudly as if Rubin had scored themselves.

Rubin pressed forward to try and win the title in style, but the woodwork and Zenit 'keeper Vyacheslav Malafeev kept the scores level. The hosts dominated for long periods in the second half, but Spartak's result meant that a stalemate was good enough for Rubin to retain their title as they lead by five points with one game to go.

However, the champions cannot celebrate quite yet as they have a crucial Champions League match on Tuesday at home to Dynamo Kiev. Should they beat the Ukrainian side, it would place either Inter or Barcelona in serious difficulties.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really like the idea of David playing in the league and it would be great if he could give his advice on poker related questions here in the forum and not only in his special thread.

Adding prize money is also a very good idea to make the league-games more attractive to other players.

what?

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dominguez didnt play today.. coz they will face dynamo this week..
game without much action beetwen rubin and zenit.

didnt liked.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Rosina welcomes Spalletti

Zenit St Petersburg's Italian midfielder Alessandro Rosina has welcomed the news Luciano Spalletti is to become the club's new manager.

The 2008 UEFA Cup winners formally announced Spalletti's appointment on their website this morning after months of speculation.

Spalletti has signed a three-year deal and will get to work preparing Zenit for the new Russian season, which starts in March.

“Spalletti's arrival is fundamental to Zenit. I am very happy with his arrival,” said Rosina, who left Torino for Russia in the summer.

“I have always judged him to be one of the best trainers throughout the world. He put on show some beautiful football with Roma and Zenit have made a great jump in quality on a mental and organisational level with his arrival.

“I believe that he could also give a lot to our players. His arrival is the confirmation that Zenit have a big and serious project,” Rosina.
football italia

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wtf is CSKA's problem? Theyre becoming the Chelsea of Russia. Just because they have a shitty team, doesnt mean the manager needs to get sacked after every loss. Im kinda pissed because I think Juande Ramos is a talented manager who knows what hes doing. Now CSKA have appointed Slutsky in his spot. Slutsky is an idiot. CSKA will utterly fail, finishing less than 5th in the league and will finish last in the UCL group.

Well. Looks like I was wrong... hoping CSKA reach the quarter final

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its depressing that no one even posts on this thread when i leave the forum for a few months. does no one watch the Russian league? u guys are missing out - there were some damn good matches this season

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Its depressing that no one even posts on this thread when i leave the forum for a few months. does no one watch the Russian league? u guys are missing out - there were some damn good matches this season

I've been watching, the other day i saw CSKA beat Zenit, i hope by way of a miracle CSKA can reach first place. I know its a long shot and league could be over by this weekend.

CSKA vs Spartak
Zenit vs Rubin

A draw will do it for Zenit. What team do u support?