AC Milan on U.S.A Tour (Milan vs. Chelsea July 24th)

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Well they have so much to improve my boys , especialy on the tactics .. regrouping players spots .. dont forget that Kaka , Dida , Gila , Sheva didnt play...chelsea had the whole team strikers , defence , goalkeeper....etc

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
honestly i dant care much abt pre-season my thoughts are a good preseason leads to a bad season,a average pre season leads to an average season and a bad pre season leads to a good season, dont quote me its just a superstition i have

grande_sheva7

Nesta's calm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka
how did gattuso get his red card i couldnt watch the game :mad:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
anyone thought the situations that elef comes out of goal were a bit too risky? he almost got caught a couple times... one time S.W.Phipplips had an empty net to aim for...shouldve been 2-0

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
grande_sheva7 said:
how did gattuso get his red card i couldnt watch the game :mad:
Doing a stupid faul. He punch Chelsea's player with his body...

Pretty BAD game. The whole midfield was lost, not very good chances on the net, and well Chelsea didn't play well either, they did however scored and have a little more creation in the midfield.

yonggoh said:
anyone thought the situations that elef comes out of goal were a bit too risky? he almost got caught a couple times... one time S.W.Phipplips had an empty net to aim for...shouldve been 2-0
Yeah, but I'll give it that he might be nervous.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NeSTa_86 said:
dion't care about this game guys

these games are important... not based on results wise... but as fitness preparation and tactical appetizer for the long season ahead...

no one cares about the result... its how the 90 minutes were played out...
and over 90 minutes we kinda sucked...

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
i saw the whole game and milan were so-so in defence and terrible in offense. i hate to be judgmental on a pre-season game but here it goes:

NEGATIVE
vieri - that guy is way-off form. oh and he proved that he cant play as a lone striker, too slow, just stays still.
rui costa - slows us down loses the ball too much thank god we have kaka
seedorf - still the same old seedorf doesnt matter if he cuts his hair shorter
serghino - didn't make one good center, he played for himself and not the team. thank god we have janku
Our defence - first half we had cafu-nesta-stam-kala and we still looked fragile.
Our 3 man defence - second half we had a 3 man defence simic-nesta-kala and we seemed confused the sistem needs more practice

POSITVE
Our goal keeper - ELef... he proved to be good. at least i know now that we have a good sub for dida. i like the way he goes straight for the ball even if it may seem a bit risky.
Cafu - Our main man in attack during the game. never gets tired.
---
VOGEL - that guy during the game proved better at winning balls than gattuso has been during his whole stay at milan.
Its only pre-season and milan have the possibility to improve and im sure we will improve.

FORZA MILAN

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
kenichy said:
i saw the whole game and milan were so-so in defence and terrible in offense. i hate to be judgmental on a pre-season game but here it goes:

NEGATIVE
vieri - that guy is way-off form. oh and he proved that he cant play as a lone striker, too slow, just stays still.
rui costa - slows us down loses the ball too much thank god we have kaka
seedorf - still the same old seedorf doesnt matter if he cuts his hair shorter
serghino - didn't make one good center, he played for himself and not the team. thank god we have janku
Our defence - first half we had cafu-nesta-stam-kala and we still looked fragile.
Our 3 man defence - second half we had a 3 man defence simic-nesta-kala and we seemed confused the sistem needs more practice

POSITVE
Our goal keeper - ELef... he proved to be good. at least i know now that we have a good sub for dida. i like the way he goes straight for the ball even if it may seem a bit risky.
Cafu - Our main man in attack during the game. never gets tired.
---
VOGEL - that guy during the game proved better at winning balls than gattuso has been during his whole stay at milan.
Its only pre-season and milan have the possibility to improve and im sure we will improve.

FORZA MILAN

I agree with most of the things you said except for Elef. He made a big mistake when he came out to stop carlton cole and almost cost us a goal. But its still pre-season so not to worried about that. Still a lil worried about our defense. We badly need a good cover for cafu. I cant imagine how crappy we would be without him on the pitch. Cant wait for the rest of the guys to get back into action. I didnt see Gattuso in the right much. Did he play as a central midfielder or in the hole between the defense and midfield? Vogel was impressive.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
to be fair to gattuso... i didnt think his last minute tackle warranted an explusion...
a yellow card at most...

Nice goal by Robben from Chelsea tho. dont think dida wouldve stopped that one too... disappointing that he got so much space to wind up his shot despite 5 milan players within proximity of him... tsk tsk...

Reaction score
Fav. Players
E.Cantona, P.Schmeichel, A.Shevchenko, Kaka, P.Maldini, Ronaldinho
Regarding the match ..it was kinda dull but still alright for me...there were few gd pts like Serginho making some gd efforts...CAfu as reliable as ever..
Milan seemed to be trying out the players(getting the fitness and match awareness up) and also different tatics...I waas actually suprised that Vogel was actually much like Pirlo (or shld i say he was told to play in 'The Pirlo' position and style)..to me,he flop(sad)
The goal was a mistake from the centre mids and maybe the central def nt closing Robben down...
Nevertheless go effort for MILAN
Froza Milan!!!

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
It was definitely not a typical performance of Milan. Defence was scary and they could seldomly pass the ball to the strikers successfully. All corners were wasted and Rino did a impulsive mistake.

But as zer0 said, there were still some good things from Serginho and Cafu.

I think this match is not good to be a reference. Chelsea played all 22 players. And they all knew they wouldn't play more than 60 mins in this game. So the players played with full gear. In such a way, they played well in both defence and attack.

Hopefully in the next match when Maldini and other players are back, they can play a good game.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Chelsea were superior to us , thats a fact .. but It was not such a bad performance.. I expectet worse.. our main problem was the atack .. we couldnt find atack options .. but we were good in ball possesion .. Chelsea were more fit .. Ele made good saves but also some mistakes leaving the goal empty.. Cafu was good , Rui also good , Sergino was going on my nerves really .. but I liked the move he made in the end of the game ;) , Vogel won balls in the midfield , Gattuso`s red card was undeserved .. it was not a foul for a red .. anyway refere was man of the match I think.. very amateur.. Rui Costa and Sergino were pissed off from him all the game heheh

anyway it will be different story when we will improve our fitness + we will have Maldini , Gila , Sheva , Kaka , Dida & Marek back ..

FORZA MILAN !!!

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Anyone Highlights Please?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Rui Costa
I think AC Milan were at an obvious disadvantage, with the players missing, and Chelsea's training starting earlier....but I think this game will inspire them to push themselves harder, and when it comes time for the 'real' games, they'll kick some ass like the ACM we know.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
pictures from USA : Training + The match vs Chelsea

1961_big.jpg

1962_big.jpg

1963_big.jpg

1964_big.jpg

1965_big.jpg

1966_big.jpg

1967_big.jpg

1968_big.jpg

1969_big.jpg

1970_big.jpg

1971_big.jpg

1972_big.jpg

1973_big.jpg

1974_big.jpg

1975_big.jpg

1976_big.jpg

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I forgot .. we should not be so dissapointed for this loss.. Real Madrid lost 3 : 0 today ;) there are worse ..

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well here i'm again i watched all the 90min's on Eurosport. I'm sure that they are gonna play it again, don't know the time but you can check it out on teletex or eu's official website (this was for all those who can watch eurosport). As far for the match, Milan played poorly and seemed very tired. Also the many Milan player's that were missing, made the job harder. Especially it felt a lot Maldini's absence, Kaka's, Sheva's etc.. and why not the new arrival's Gila and Jankulovski. Milan started the match with the christmas tree Carlo's favourite one 4-3-2-1 lineup including Cafu, Nesta, Stam and Kaladze at the back, Pirlo, Seedorf and Gattuso(C), in central miedfield while Rui and Sergio were playing as advanced miedfilder's behind Vieri. As far for the firs't half Milan were concetrated on defence more, trying to create something from counter attack's. The miedfield was terrible. Pirlo lost many ball's, exept for some accurates long passes to Sergio and Cafu. Gattuso also put a horrible display, winning just one or two decisive tackles and loosing all the other's, plus took care to send Joe Cole flying by taking both of his leg's out of the ground and making him fly, recieving the red card for that one at 89min. Cafu was one of the best from the "poor's" as he ran a lot and catched many of Rui's ball's but didn't managed to send not a single cross to the lonely Vieri from the right flank. Rui was also one of the best from this terrible display opening Cafu with great through passes, one of them nearly finished on Chelsea's goal if it wasn't for Geremi's clearing. Probably the best chance of the game for Milan. As far for Seedorf man this guy has to do something, to prove something of his shot's, technique, passing, back heel's attractive play... whatever, he was mabe the wors't on the pitch. Didn't do apsolutely nothing, didn't cover Robben together with Pirlo i think, they let him shoot from 18met's if i'm right and score past the Greek keeper, who wasn't such bad as i read on some member's post. The defence was not so bad but not good either. Nesta was as usual one of the best, while Kaladze was so slow he was surpassed many times from Robben on the first half and SWP(shaun right philip's) on the second one. Stam was also not so good. Serginho on the left side gave two very accurate crosses for Bobo, but that was all for him. He got angry with the ref on plenty of occasion's and received a yellow card for a foul on SWP. As far for Vieri he was one of the flop's. It's not such a good idea to let BoBo play as a lone striker as he seemed, very slow and tired. Also he can probably take chances only with his left foot and with his head. The firs't cross from Serginho came out for his right leg and he missed it trying to land the ball with his left one. While for the second one it came perfectly for his left one but missed it completely. Vogel was introduced on the second half but he either didn't show nothing. Milan definetely need a second right back cause if their gonna play this style of game then Cafu is the only option. Carlo didn't have another player to sub and rest him, he played most of the game's at Tim Trophy also. When injuries and tiredness set through the long season not having a second right back is really terrible. As far for Chelsea's display they were awesome. The score could have been 6-0 on their favour if it wasn't for their bad finishing of Crespo, Drogba, Lampard, SWP and other's. They probably deserved to win. SWP seemed like a great signing, he was very fast with great pace, technique and many many more. Not to mention Robben who was awesome. Anyway they've started the training earlier knowing that the premiership start's one or two week's earlier than serie a, and didn't play any pre-season tournament. Plus their team was completed with all of their player's, wich cannot be said about Milan. Believe that there's nothing to worry about since it's a friendly and were gonna play them again on 31.

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
makaveli said:
not so good.... slow.... lost balls... Seedorf doing nothing

I think I get the picture. Same old problems. Kinda logical.... same old players too.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I very much doubt if the players look at this US trip as anything but an excuse to go shopping and relax for a bit while pretending to be in actual "training". Then they'll do a few photo ops to make warner Bros. happy and come home and get into real match fitness in preparation for the season.

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
Passion for *9* said:
I think I get the picture. Same old problems. Kinda logical.... same old players too.

true but let's be hopeful that it was only a friendly and were behind Chelsea on with training. As for Seedorf don't believe there's a lot to worry about cause i'm sure that he'll spend most of the season warming the bench, as Jankulovski is probably gonna take his place.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva; Kakà; Rino; Max; Chera; Kerlon
makaveli said:
true but let's be hopeful that it was only a friendly and were behind Chelsea on with training. As for Seedorf don't believe there's a lot to worry about cause i'm sure that he'll spend most of the season warming the bench, as Jankulovski is probably gonna take his place.
I'm not unduly concerned at the moment, especially in the attacking third of the field, plus it's far too early to make any informed judgements about our play and what to expect this season. It was just a friendly, we've only been back training for about 10 days or so, and of course 5 players who will most probably be in the starting eleven did not play. However from what I've read the defence, which has not changed over the summer, did look a little shaky and that is something that does concern me. These guys have been playing together for a while and I could excuse it by saying what I've said before, that it's only the first game, they need time and so on, but I don't think that's the case. We definitely need to look at acquiring a youthful, pacy central defender. I know Kompany has been mentioned, and I think it is a necessity to purchase him or whoever fits the criteria before the new season begins.

bill0621

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I seriously think we need to find a placement for Seedorf, practically he did nothing constructive on the pitch. Hopefully Mark can do a better job on the left.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
1964_big.jpg

Not only do the to of them play in exactly the same way but they are completely identical also :)
I wonder what Vieri is saying to Crespo, maybe something along the lines of "Isn't it funny how I stole your place".

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I miss Crespo...not for anything, but he just seems like such a good guy and a very hard worker. Flashes of his header against Manu keep rushing through my mind.

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
Il Tsar said:
1964_big.jpg

Not only do the to of them play in exactly the same way but they are completely identical also :)
I wonder what Vieri is saying to Crespo, maybe something along the lines of "Isn't it funny how I stole your place".
they are friends from inter

Schedule