Paolo Maldini Thread

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paolo Maldini Will Not Return & Play For Milan - Cesare Maldini

Maldini will not return to Calcio...

Paolo Maldini will not come out of international retirement and play for Milan, says his father Cesare, following reports the former defender declined an offer to return.

Earlier, Il Corriere della Sera claimed Maldini had been approached by Milan chief Adriano Galliani and coach Leonardo. Both men asked whether he felt like returning to plug the gaps in Milan's defence for the season's finale. But the club legend declined.

Cesare has now confirmed his son will not come out of the shadows to play for the Rossoneri.

"I was stunned when I read these things in the paper," Maldini told Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"Paolo is like me in terms of character and sticks to decisions. If he makes a decision then that's the way it will be.

"He is attached to Milan, this is obvious, but he made an important decision last year and he retired happily, therefore I cannot see how he would have second thoughts."

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
I'm glad he chose to stick to his decision - Milan need to start thinking about buying players instead of asking past players to come back - i can understand them wanting him to come back for a few games but i think it would have done more harm than good.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
am i the only one who feels ashamed about this? Maldini retired happily and had his long awaited farewell to calcio last summer, and i'm sure he spent a lot of time making that decision. Asking him to come back after retiring and a year of not playing is kind of shameful/desperate on our part. Obviously he loves milan, but why put him in such a position, having to make him decline the offer to play again. :head:

+1.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Am I the only one who feels ashamed about this? Maldini retired happily and had his long awaited farewell to calcio last summer, and I'm sure he spent a lot of time making that decision. Asking him to come back after retiring and a year of not playing is kind of shameful/desperate on our part. Obviously he loves Milan, but why put him in such a position, having to make him decline the offer to play again. :head:

I feel the same way. I hope(d) it wasn't true that they asked him to... it's ridicilous

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
If it's true, I am surprised they didn't ask Billy. Frankly, considering how cheap the management has become, they would've approached Favalli if he'd been freshly retired. Why can't this be just a nightmare. I understand we'll have ups and downs as a club but on-field losses comes with the territory. Starting to act like deluded nitwits -- and treating the fans like one -- just isn't part of the deal.

I mean, even Newcastle have gone up, for God's sake :tongue:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Am I the only one who feels ashamed about this? Maldini retired happily and had his long awaited farewell to calcio last summer, and I'm sure he spent a lot of time making that decision. Asking him to come back after retiring and a year of not playing is kind of shameful/desperate on our part. Obviously he loves Milan, but why put him in such a position, having to make him decline the offer to play again. :head:

Nope, you're not the only one. It's also sad...sad, sad, sad.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Maldini instead of Leo, but not on the bench

14/04/2010 10:15 Francis Sum
Source: **********

To take the bench in Milan house, in these hours, the possibility of a return of Paolo Maldini Rossoneri colors: some even want him back on the field. Much more plausible is the hypothesis of its entry into society, as technical director, for example. According to reported ********** in today, AC Milan would think the former No. 3 to fill the position left by Leonardo, who was appointed coach: by May "Dragon Heart" will give his answer at the top of Via Turati.

He is not well prepared to coach, even if he consult his father Cesare.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
But it would be nice to have him as technical director as the article says. Now that Leo is coach I'm sure he's not doing that job anymore, so def. it would be great to have Paolo there.

He needs to have certificates in training's field, in addition, he need his father consults and his experiences; I believe it would be great if he cooperate with Leo; in other meaning; Paolo take the defense part and Leo take the Offence Part; and Tassotti will make sure that team understand well the tactics.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

He is not well prepared to coach, even if he consult his father Cesare.

He needs to have certificates in training's field, in addition, he need his father consults and his experiences; I believe it would be great if he cooperate with Leo; in other meaning; Paolo take the defense part and Leo take the Offence Part; and Tassotti will make sure that team understand well the tactics.

They will ask him to return as "Technical Director" not Manager. He would occupy the position Leo did before he was our Manager and the position Braida is now.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
They will ask him to return as "Technical Director" not Manager. He would occupy the position Leo did before he was our Manager and the position Braida is now.

As much as I'd love to see Paolo take up the directors role, we're yet to see his scouting skills. On the positive side Maldini is respected across the football community.
Also its a good thing Leo's not moving to another club, even tho he's in Brazil I reckon he good still give us tips or recommendations every now n then. Hopefully B's ego wouldnt come in the way :rolleyes:

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
great news to have maldini back in our club with an official role but i do not want leo to leave somehow we must keep him

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Milan Offer Paolo Maldini Director Or Chief Scout Role - Report
Milan are working on another strategy to get Maldini back within the club walls...

By Salvatore Landolina
Apr 17, 2010 10:54:00 AM

Milan have stepped up efforts to tempt Paolo Maldini back to the club by offering him a top director's role, reports La Gazzetta dello Sport.

It follows speculation earlier this week of how Maldini turned down a part-time return to play football until the end of season.

The Rossoneri are now trying to get him working in a different role, either as a vice general director to help aid Ariedo Braida with transfer market work, or as a chief scout responsible for uncovering raw talent. As a scout he would be working alongside coach Leonardo.

On Tuesday, Paolo's father Cesare Maldini had said that returning to play was an unlikely scenario.

Goal.com

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

And you think the technical director don't need to have some knowledge on the Coaching methods; Paolo need lot of experience in this field; man, he recommended us with Sergio Ramos which is an overrated prick dirty player!!!!!

I want Paolo to take a roll in Milan but he suppose to prepare himself first by not only learn the fundamentals of the roll but to scratch him self with market and scoop deep into it with of course his father experience to serve the team well; and that needs time to accomplish at least couple year or so.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Milan Offer Paolo Maldini Director Or Chief Scout Role - Report
Milan are working on another strategy to get Maldini back within the club walls...

The only reason they are giving him the job is because they are not investing. They know the fans will go crazy, hence Maldini as the director or chief scout. They are just going to fool the fans once again. And most of the fans will jizz all summer because maldini is returning and forget about the lack of money spent. He is clever that bastard berlusconi.

Maldini or no Maldini, we won't win shit if berlu doesn't invest.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
And you think the technical director don't need to have some knowledge on the Coaching methods; Paolo need lot of experience in this field; man, he recommended us with Sergio Ramos which is an overrated prick dirty player!!!!!

I want Paolo to take a roll in Milan but he suppose to prepare himself first by not only learn the fundamentals of the roll but to scratch him self with market and scoop deep into it with of course his father experience to serve the team well; and that needs time to accomplish at least couple year or so.

You don't need to know how to coach to be a technical director. Look at Braida or Alessio Secco. They are both directors, do either probably know how to coach a team. NO.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
The only reason they are giving him the job is because they are not investing. They know the fans will go crazy, hence Maldini as the director or chief scout. They are just going to fool the fans once again. And most of the fans will jizz all summer because maldini is returning and forget about the lack of money spent. He is clever that bastard berlusconi.

Maldini or no Maldini, we won't win shit if berlu doesn't invest.

Its getting so obvious these days haha
B's typical 'See this ball?!..Go go fetch it' charade to fool us fans.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It is good to have him in sort of role but he isn`t proven at all like Leonardo was.
I wouldn`t mind him as an assistant coach or to work with youth.
Otherwise it is just big name on the team. We don`t know how he contributes.
I am sure he is respected and he would bust general morale but I would rather see Maldini learning for time being. Ancelloti offered him an assistant manager job last year he shouldn`t be considered anything more then that.

If its true that Milan asked him to come out of retirement for last games that is just pure fucking joke.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Leo was technical director before turning into the coach.

2. Everyone knows Maldini will work at the Milan staff someday. He is with us since he was born. That has nothing to do with the hard times we are facing.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
1. Leo was technical director before turning into the coach.

2. Everyone knows Maldini will work at the Milan staff someday. He is with us since he was born. That has nothing to do with the hard times we are facing.

Agree but:
Leo proved himself as a director and only reason that they chose him as coach was because most likely they didn`t want to spend money on an established one.
Leo himself said that being a coach it is just another step in his career and that is why he agreed. Its alway easier for a Brazilian to be scouting in Brazil. We don`t know what Maldini can offer.

I like to see Maldinin as a Milan staff but in a more junior role. Milan would really do with a couple of peple briniging as much talent as Leo used to do.

Abyways I thought that Rui Costa meant to be scouting for Milan in Portugal which is a great market, not heard anything abut ot again

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agree but:
Leo proved himself as a director and only reason that they chose him as coach was because most likely they didn`t want to spend money on an established one.
Leo himself said that being a coach it is just another step in his career and that is why he agreed. Its alway easier for a Brazilian to be scouting in Brazil. We don`t know what Maldini can offer.

I like to see Maldinin as a Milan staff but in a more junior role. Milan would really do with a couple of peple briniging as much talent as Leo used to do.

Abyways I thought that Rui Costa meant to be scouting for Milan in Portugal which is a great market, not heard anything abut ot again

Rui is Director at Benfica.

Let's wait to see what job Maldini will take.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
You don't need to know how to coach to be a technical director. Look at Braida or Alessio Secco. They are both directors, do either probably know how to coach a team. NO.

I said Coaching Methods; Braida and Alessio Have experience in the International Markets and Deal with lot of Coaches; so if they are just simple x-player that have characters then will not going to serve the purpose of the Job.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I said Coaching Methods; Braida and Alessio Have experience in the International Markets and Deal with lot of Coaches; so if they are just simple x-player that have characters then will not going to serve the purpose of the Job.

I don't think we're on the same page, but let's agree to disagree.

(a prize for whoever gets the reference)

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Look, I love Paolo to take this role but not before a solid knowledge and experience on the Field; I believe he can do it easily if he plan to study and have a certificate; so in all; dedication for the role is one of important step to get success with his career + to add professionalism as AC Milan as most need, man just look to our management who they deal with our useless players; for sure I appreciate the Family atmosphere but if you merge it professionalism attitudes and draw some red lines and state some serious policies then that would success Management should be.