Paolo Maldini Thread

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I agree, this is bullshit that Paolo has not won the Golden Ball. But seriously if there was a time to win it, it was 94' when he was the european cup with Milan and went to the final of the WC.

Maldini is not having the type of seasons he was having 10 yrs. ago. Sure he is still a top world class player, but he should have won the Golden ball a long time ago, not this year when he is winding down his career and is beginining to look like a shadow of his former self.

The Golden ball is supposed to be awarded to the best player for a particular year in Europe. Not a span of a carrer. If it was so, then Maldini would without a doubt be #1. Unfortunatly, Attackers and midfielders always seem to get this priority and let's face it, Ronaldinho had one hell of a year.

If Maldini was given the Golden ball this year, it would only be to make up for the injustices of the past years.

Neverthless I propose we all march to the FIFFA headquarters this week and burn it down in a mass riot in protest for not having given the golden ball to Maldini when he trully deserved it.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Enough of the same old whining already ! ;) The Ballon d'Or is not an award for longevity + apparently in his best season(s) Maldini had been outshone by even more brilliant players. Tough luck. It's just a piece of junk metal anyway .. or even plastic ??? .. that collects dust -- nothing compared to the tear-jerking eulogies dedicated to him by ardent fans such as you, Italian Tsar.

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Enough of the same old whining already ! ;) The Ballon d'Or is not an award for longevity + apparently in his best season(s) Maldini had been outshone by even more brilliant players. Tough luck. It's just a piece of junk metal anyway .. or even plastic ??? .. that collects dust -- nothing compared to the tear-jerking eulogies dedicated to him by ardent fans such as you, Italian Tsar.

wowow little sister, I would still think that Maldini is at the very least one of the top 5 defenders in the world right now, and definetely the best left-back to have ever played the game. So let's never say that he has been "outshone" by more brilliant players.

Mayby this year, but in his prime he was #1 for sure.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Passion for *9* said:

Iam more than aware that the Ballon d'Or is an award given for exceptional performances throughought a season. I delved on FIFA's and all those soccer gurus' ignorance to address the need to honour one of their true heroes.

And, thanks for the compliment :star: , its all the more precious since it comes from you :D

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
VERONA - Paolo Maldini, che non è rientrato in campo dopo l'intervallo nella partita contro il Chievo, ha subito un risentimento muscolare. Le condizioni del capitano verranno valutate nelle prossime ore.

pupone?

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
He got a muscle Strain theyre will be more on his condition in teh following hours

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bambino D'oro said:
He got a muscle Strain theyre will be more on his condition in teh following hours
If he decided to stop playing at half time, this should be nothing serious.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Paolo Maldini had to leave the pitch just after 30 minutes due to a muscular problem, which was less serious than the one he suffered in Verona last Saturday.

from acmilan.com

WHAT A RELIEF

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
peaboss said:
Paolo Maldini had to leave the pitch just after 30 minutes due to a muscular problem, which was less serious than the one he suffered in Verona last Saturday.

from acmilan.com

WHAT A RELIEF
He made a big mistake and then sacrificed himself. :proud:

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Roksana

Don't u just love this wallpaper! :D

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Anyone have a link to download the dvd? Not a torrent tho plz.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pippoinzag}{i said:
Anyone have a link to download the dvd? Not a torrent tho plz.
ed2k://|file|Paolo.Maldini.Il.Film.DVDRip.ITA.CD1%20e%20cd2.by.Chill.avi|1451613456|68D8B5C738061017DD610FCF0AD62E5D|/

or

ed2k://|file|[DOC.ITA].Paolo.Maldini.Il.film.DVDRip.CD2.by.Chill.avi|715509760|E16D482C7A3BB70C1417FBB3A7BB7B04|/

ed2k://|file|Paolo%20Maldini-Il%20Film-Cd1.avi|736114688|C179C9220770297C589886F21A2B8256|/

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pippoinzag}{i said:
What are these?
These are ED2K links. ED2K stands for eDonkey 2000 Network, which is a peer-to-peer network accessible through various clients, such as eMule, eDonkey and Shareaza.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
milanist said:
These are ED2K links. ED2K stands for eDonkey 2000 Network, which is a peer-to-peer network accessible through various clients, such as eMule, eDonkey and Shareaza.
Oh rite, I need a direct link tho plz

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pippoinzag}{i said:
Oh rite, I need a direct link tho plz
This is a direct link. I'm afraid you won't be able to download this film through the web (http).

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Maldini Injured for a Month

Channel4:

Milan’s defensive crisis has deepened with the news that Paolo Maldini will be out until the New Year with his persistent leg injury.

Maldini has been plagued by the nagging muscular problem for several weeks now and, with no sign of it improving, medical staff have opted to give him a month off to aid a full recovery.

Milan, who currently lie fourth in the table, have already all but given up on the title race and so want their captain fit again in time for their assault on the Champions League.

The news comes as a blow to the Rossoneri, though, who are already suffering from the injury-induced absences of Marcos Cafu and Billy Costacurta. They must also make do without Alessandro Nesta – who is suspended for their next match against Messina.

It is no coincidence, though, that the injured party are the three oldest players in the side and Maldini’s condition has only served to highlight Milan’s desperate need for defenders – a priority that Vice-President Adriano Galliani and sporting director Ariedo Brieda are said to be working on.

It seems that Jonathan Zebina will be making his way over to the San Siro from Juventus in the summer, but Sao Paulo’s Diego Lugano may now be a January arrival.

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Turning to the defence, Paolo said: 'It's a bit of a delicate situation and we have to see what players we have available before each game. We have an abudance in other areas where at the start of the season we were lacking but in managing a side that sometimes unfortunately happens.' As for his own condition: 'I am not feeling fine, I still have a muscle problem that has kept me out since the Schalke 04 game but I am recovering over these days. Now we have to get six points to close this year well.'

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Crap, sheva's gonna be our captain...give it Ringhio if Ambro doesnt come back

ambro_forever

амброси&
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ambrosini maldini sheva kala billy albertini leonardo
Bambino D'oro said:
Crap, sheva's gonna be our captain...give it Ringhio if Ambro doesnt come back
when paolo doesn't play ambro is capitain,if he plays

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Paolo Maldini, We love you Come back pls.....

maldini_snap_bg.jpg

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
10x for everything paolo,but it is time to say BASTA and to stop play .You are too old yet and it is not good to play think for your health dude

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And Christian Makes Three
90soccer.com (American soccer magazine)

As if the achievements of living legends Cesare and Paolo Maldini weren’t enough, Paolo’s son, Christian, recently signed school boy forms with AC Milan at just nine years of age.

When one thinks of the greatest names in the European football aristocracy, one name rises above them all, Maldini. Yesterday, it was Cesare Maldini, captain of AC Milan’s first European Cup in 1963 and a legend for his club and country. Today, it is his son, Paolo, 37 years young and playing in his 22nd season of football, all of them for AC Milan. Tomorrow, it will be Paolo’s son, Christian, already in the AC Milan youth system.

While arguably Cesare has made a bigger name for himself as a coach then as a player, Paolo will surely be remembered as one of the classiest professionals to ever grace the game’s stage. Born in Milan in 1968 while his father’s club began to embark on their second successful European Cup campaign, there was never any doubt where Paolo would play his football. Making his Milan first team debut in 1985 at just 16, Maldini has been an integral part of a staggering seven scudettos and four European Cups among countless other triumphs for the rossoneri. On the international stage Maldini made a record 126 appearances for Italy, peaking with an appearance in the 1994 World Cup Final. Following his retirement from the 2002 edition of the tournament, he has resisted the bi-annual pleadings for his return, preferring now to spend his summers with his family. He puts the rest to good use, aside from his own goalkeeper Dida, no other player played more minutes in Serie A in the 2004/05 season than the then 36-year-old Paolo.

90:00 sat down with Maldini to ask him about the generational differences within his family and the club, his own achievements and his hopes and fears for his son as he embarks on his own career in the famous red-and-black of Milan. 90:00 took time out with Paolo to reflect on living up to his father’s name, and his hopes and fears for the third generation of Maldinis to wear the famous red and black stripes of Milan.

90:00: Your father Cesare was a successful player and coach with Milan and Italy. What was it like living up to his considerable achievements?

Maldini: Everyone always asks about my father and at the beginning of my career many claimed that I got my chance because of his name. That was the spur to give my best and prove that if I’m here, it’s just because of my talent and consistency.

90:00: Was he a motivational figure for you as a player?

Maldini: My father was a great player who captained Milan to their first European Cup trophy in 1963, but I don’t really remember him as a player. I played under his instructions in Milan youth teams when I was a boy but I really learned more from him about being a man, about a correct attitude to the game, than from a technical point of view. I prefer to think of him as a father. And as a grandfather, he is just wonderful. I really can’t judge him as a coach. He has won a great challenge in coaching Milan and the National Team, and he’s done so with his own hands.

90:00: You received World Soccer’s “Player of the Year Award” in 1994; do you consider yourself in the same class as previous winners like Platini, Rossi and Zico?

Maldini: The comparisons are flattering but I wouldn’t ever say that. It’s a great honor for me to know that so many people consider me so highly. It’s a particular matter of pride because defenders generally receive so much less attention from the fans and the media than goal scorers. We’re more in the engine room rather than taking the glory. Whatever success I’ve achieved is not merely down to my own credit. There are other people and influences on my career it would only be fair to acknowledge. Franco Baresi was my captain and colleague for many years. In my opinion, he has received far too little recognition for his influence within the club and within Italian and international football. He is the man of few words but “talks” instead through his deeds out on the pitch.

(If you're interested, the rest of the interview is in the magazine.)

V3N11.jpg

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you're going to mention a website, the least you could do is provide the address.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Maldini is my favourite player. He is the hero and the legend of Milan. But I think he'd better retire or on the bench. There are 2 reasons: first, his body and condition don't as good as before. Second, he should give Kalader or other defenders opportunities to play.

Schedule