Are you for or against Sheva's return?

• Total voters

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Congo Powers said:
absolutely correct. he's a goal-scorer, nothing more.
Thats not true though, the type of player you are talking about is like Crespo or Inzaghi, a player who just finishes of other players hard work. Shevchenko is one of those creative players who give poachers exellent chances. For sure he is a great goal scorer and finisher but he combines those skills with the skills of a playmaker, that is why he is the best attaking player in football today as he has the skill and athletisism of two players.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Il Tsar said:
Thats not true though, the type of player you are talking about is like Crespo or Inzaghi, a player who just finishes of other players hard work. Shevchenko is one of those creative players who give poachers exellent chances. For sure he is a great goal scorer and finisher but he combines those skills with the skills of a playmaker, that is why he is the best attaking player in football today as he has the skill and athletisism of two players.

that's bull and you know it.

Cassano, Mutu, and Bergkamp are creative/playmaking strikers. Shevchenko is more than a goal poacher, but he is NOT a playmaking striker. He has minimal impact on play--yes, he does drop deep sometimes but he doesn't do so to playmake/distribute/provide creativity like a Cassano or Bergkamp does.

Shevchenko is one of the top 5 strikers in world football because he scores goals...not because he can do whatever he wants on the ball - which he can't - or because he provides a creative impetus - which he doesn't.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo Powers said:
that's bull and you know it.

Cassano, Mutu, and Bergkamp are creative/playmaking strikers. Shevchenko is more than a goal poacher, but he is NOT a playmaking striker. He has minimal impact on play--yes, he does drop deep sometimes but he doesn't do so to playmake/distribute/provide creativity like a Cassano or Bergkamp does.

Shevchenko is one of the top 5 strikers in world football because he scores goals...not because he can do whatever he wants on the ball - which he can't - or because he provides a creative impetus - which he doesn't.
How can you say he has "minimal impact on play", of the top of my head I can recount on three seperate games were his impetus has changed the situation in Milan's favour. For example I remember he came off the bench for the first time since his facial injury when we were drawing 1-1 with Lazio and going nowhere, he re-sparked our attaking options and scored the winning goal. Also in the ilfated CL final he set up tonnes of chances that Crespo bunddled over. He is both a creater and a finisher, ulthough I accept he exel's at the latter.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Il Tsar said:
How can you say he has "minimal impact on play", of the top of my head I can recount on three seperate games were his impetus has changed the situation in Milan's favour. For example I remember he came off the bench for the first time since his facial injury when we were drawing 1-1 with Lazio and going nowhere, he re-sparked our attaking options and scored the winning goal. Also in the ilfated CL final he set up tonnes of chances that Crespo bunddled over. He is both a creater and a finisher, ulthough I accept he exel's at the latter.

Shevchenko can 'play' more than Inzaghi/Crespo/Vieri, yes. He has better touch and he's more athletic. that doesn't make him a creative support striker, though.

I remember the game when he came back from injury too...and he did provide a spark that caused us to win the game--but that's because when you're knocking balls up to JDT and Crespo and waiting for them to do sth, even I would give a lil' spark to the gameplay :tongue:

oh, and btw--shevchenko was absolutely HORRIBLE in the CL final. he let us down big-time.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
From Galliani (acmilan.com):

"Sheva? It is true, Peter Kenyon has recently made an offer for him but it is also true that we have always answered them in the same way, that is saying that our striker is unmovable."

Excellent...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
from yahoo.it:

Sheva + Ancelotti had an 'animated' (euphemism for heated ? just speculating :D ) discussion for 25 minutes in the kitchen at Milanello today. They might have just exchanged recipes... but...

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
from yahoo.it:

Sheva + Ancelotti had an 'animated' (euphemism for heated ? just speculating :D ) discussion for 25 minutes in the kitchen at Milanello today. They might have just exchanged recipes... but...
If that is true Ancelotti would be made to leave the club before Sheva.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Il Tsar said:
Huh ? Why ? Sheva is not God. My guess is Sheva told him he can't join the team for their US tour. But who knows... 'animated' hints at sth else IMO.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Sheva is not God.
Perhaps not, but Ancelotti sure as hell isn't. And if it came down to one of them having to leave because they hated one another, like the Ferguson and Beckham row at Man Utd, then it would be Ancelotti and no deal for Chelsea.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
This is now the Official: Andriy Shevchenko Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten certainly had god-like authority at one point in time.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Il Tsar said:
I don't think so! Even if Sheva is loved at Milan, he's still just a player and has to respect his manager's decisions. As for the news, you know it's exagerated, it always is!

Andra

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Sheva, Crespo, Nesta, Cafu, Dida, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi,
I think that having an official thread 4 almost each player is very a good ideea... congratulations Seamus....!
But Shevchenko also did have a few asists this season...and in some situations it was just him and Crespo in front of the net...and he passed the ball 2 Crespo.... so he's not selfish at alll....

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Some players think they are above everyone
Don't know about sheva though

Some of the fans think sheva as god
If not god, how about ...... goddess

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
Andra said:
I think that having an official thread 4 almost each player is very a good ideea... congratulations Seamus....!
But Shevchenko also did have a few asists this season...and in some situations it was just him and Crespo in front of the net...and he passed the ball 2 Crespo.... so he's not selfish at alll....

i agree that it is a great idea... can get everything of the same thread! :D

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Yup, Sheva's great last season. He wasn't only scored some goals but also gave some assists. He is greater than before..

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Kaladze#1 said:
What was in your mind Sheva's best goal last year? I think it was the second goal he scored the first time we faced Lazio where he passed about 3 defenders on the right side and blasted a shot to the upper left side. Anyone know which goal im talking about?

Yeah, I remember that one. It was beautiful! He zig-zagged between defenders and his shot was so powerful. Although I guess if Peruzzi is younger and faster, he could'veat least get a hand to it.

Other contender is his 3rd goal against Lazio (again) at the Super Copa. The cross from the right intended to Max was deflected and the ball floated to his way and he finished it with a powerful right footed first time volley.

I guess Sheva had some freak habit of scoring against Lazio. There was his hattrick in his first season in Milan (4-4 draw), another hattrick at this year's Super Copa, 3 in both game this season and at least 3-4 more along the years. I bet Nesta used to hate him so much..:)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My favourite goal from Sheva was in the last minute of extra time in the CL final against Liverpool when he took a shot with a one on one with Dudek. The shot was saved and rebounded right back at Sheva's feet and he just tapped it to the side of the dumbstruck Dudek and won us the CL............
Oh wait that never actually happened, Sheva decided to hit it right back at Dudek :head:

Last edited:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Il Tsar said:
My favourite goal from Sheva was in the last minute of extra time in the CL final against Liverpool when he took a shot with a one on one with Dudek. The shot was saved and rebounded right back at Sheva's feet and he just tapped it to the side of the dumbstruck Dudek and one us the CL............
Oh wait that never actually happened, Sheva decided to hit it right back at Dudek :head:
I'd like to have a brainwash just to forget that second, but that's not possible, so let's just move on and pray he'll make it up to us En Sha Allah :)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Last night signin was real cure for the dissapointing Istanbul .. its very hard to forget it since it happened in 2nd time in a row .. 1st Deportivo .. 2nd Istanbul.. hope this was the end :)

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
is the problem between sheva and carlo serious???????ot it is just a speculation

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Whats this i hear about Sheva wanting to leave. He apparently told Ancelloti to let him know if he doesnt want him here or not. I think ma man is getting a lil jealous of all the attention our new number 11 is getting. Chelsea is supposedly preparing another bid for him. I'll find the link and post it soon.

edit: ma bad...there's actually a thread on this already.
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?p=117818#post117818

:dance:

Last edited:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
SHEVA: 'I want to stay at Milan'
7/20/2005
MILAN - Brief but meaningful is what Andriy Shevchenko had to say, speaking with Gazzetta dello Sport and Repubblica: ’I want to stay at Milan. When I change my mind, I'll tell it openly.'

[Source: ACMilan.com]

This worries me a bit. He should say "IF I change my mind", not "WHEN I change my mind".

Like he's planning to leave. :conf:

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
milanist said:
SHEVA: 'I want to stay at Milan'

This worries me a bit. He should say "IF I change my mind", not "WHEN I change my mind".

Like he's planning to leave. :conf:
i can't agree with you dude;)))He just said that when he change his mind will say,but it will not be soon,because if he plans to leave he should tell it

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
according to Sheva .. Ancelotti wasnt informed about his surgery thats why he was angry .. and Sheva tried to explain him everything..

the story ends here .. just coze of that conversation .. its almost stupid to say .. He will leave.. and if someone is hoping for that .. I feel sorry for them