The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 51 41.46%
2nd place 7 5.69%
CL spot 62 50.41%
EL spot 2 1.63%
7th+ 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-10-2020, 09:57   #21201
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan2012 View Post
I just don?t understand why we?re underestimating Roma. They only have one loss in their last 14 games which was in el to the club that ended up winning the whole competition(Sevilla). The rest are 3 draws(Inter, Juventus, Verona) and 10 wins. If you don?t count the arbitrary decision against Verona they?re undefeated this season.
Not that it changes anything but I think Roma and Fonseca deserve a little more respect.
Same here. Milan fans got cocky way too early. It is just the 5th round ffs. Roma are a good team with very good attack and if we underestimate them they will punish us. I deeply hope Pioli has his feet on the ground and has accurate judgment on the opponent

Signature
Top 4
Old 26-10-2020, 10:00   #21202
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Roma is a dangerous team I keep telling in here. Very dangerous counter with 2 very smart players and Dzeko. I would not be surprised with a draw or too sad with it. Of course we go for a win but Roma is in good shape.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 26-10-2020, 10:08   #21203
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
He was not...it?s possible he solicited a lady of the night from there though

Thx for great addition to a lebanese joke.
Whats wrong ? Are you sober ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Signature
Old 26-10-2020, 10:29   #21204
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon

[The Athletic] Erling Haaland is at the top of the list of centre-forward options Man United seek long-term. It is understood Dortmund accepted a clause that would allow Haaland to leave if there is a bid of €75 million (about ?68 million) in the summer of 2022.

This was being discussed earlier

His release clause is going to cause such a shit show, every club looking for their next big striker will be lining up (Milan, Juve, Madrid, United, etc). Raiola will probably rake in 40m+ from the bidding war
Old 26-10-2020, 10:36   #21205
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

I dont underestimate Roma.
But come on , we are favorite to win.
So , confident fans have more ground than the pessimists.

Signature
Old 26-10-2020, 10:54   #21206
justiface
Geddy Lee's Bass

Fav. Players: geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanBG View Post
Same here. Milan fans got cocky way too early. It is just the 5th round ffs. Roma are a good team with very good attack and if we underestimate them they will punish us. I deeply hope Pioli has his feet on the ground and has accurate judgment on the opponent
What's the relevance of the fans getting cocky and underestimating Roma to the end result? It's not like you and I are the ones taking the field against them. Screw Roma, in fact, screw the other 19 teams, we're gonna school them and win Scudetto for all i care.

Signature
Old 26-10-2020, 11:05   #21207
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiface View Post
What's the relevance of the fans getting cocky and underestimating Roma to the end result? It's not like you and I are the ones taking the field against them. Screw Roma, in fact, screw the other 19 teams, we're gonna school them and win Scudetto for all i care.
No direct connection, but people are acting like we just won a treble What I said is that I hope Pioli and the players don't ride that wave of overconfidence because falling would hurt.

I hope we bang them as hard as possible

Signature
Top 4
Old 26-10-2020, 11:07   #21208
Milanista92
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaberlu View Post
[The Athletic] Erling Haaland is at the top of the list of centre-forward options Man United seek long-term. It is understood Dortmund accepted a clause that would allow Haaland to leave if there is a bid of ?75 million (about ?68 million) in the summer of 2022.

This was being discussed earlier

His release clause is going to cause such a shit show, every club looking for their next big striker will be lining up (Milan, Juve, Madrid, United, etc). Raiola will probably rake in 40m+ from the bidding war
and it would be worth, if we continue this success and win the league the only competition i see is Madrid. Hopefully Huage breaks out and convinces the boy to come here.

If you had to pick a player hes literally the perfect one for our team, checks every goddamn box

Signature
get Borini off my team
Old 26-10-2020, 11:11   #21209
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Anything more then I want a nice dynamic striker. Someone like Ben yedder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Ben yedder plays CF but if your point is he won't get into physical duels in root 1 football like ibra then probably right. But he's pretty dynamic in all other phases of the game. Much better than belotti and infinitely more useful than icardi.

I can see a forward line of him, rebic and saele working out.
What the hell........

170cm short striker.
Dropping 4231.
Saele in a front 3.
I thought you loved the current side, but looks like your subversion is still on.

If we can't get a targetman, then might as well stick with Rebic, who's a versatile attacker and also a factor in aerial and physical duels.

However I think a targetman is crucial if the team wants to remain multifaceted and unpredictable. This team doesn't need a dribbling frontman creating chances for them. They can create chances through wing-play, the middle, dribbling, passes on the ground, crosses.
Ibra's most important quality is his aerial game and hold-up play.
He is an outlet when the ground passes aren't working at the back and when opponents are crowding their box.
That's why the team isn't getting "found out" tactically. There's no obvious way to nullify this attack.

Signature
Old 26-10-2020, 11:12   #21210
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
If haaland is unattainable. I'd go for Isak from Sociedad.
Can't maintain a starting role for Sweden or Sociedad, despite mediocre competition.

The kid has big potential and is Sweden's only hope for a new, great striker, but he needs to bulk up and basically become a different type of player. It will be a long project with an uncertain outcome. We already have the Leao CF project ongoing.
The new arrival should offer some guarantees. Someone with a higher floor.
Another veteran striker, if we have to.
You know who I'm referring to.

Signature
Old 26-10-2020, 11:15   #21211
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiface View Post
100% true.
Some people prefer the pessimists way.
They think its a win-win situation for them.
If Milan win they celebrate the team & if Milan lost they celebrate how smart they were.

But they dont know we are smart & know their tactics

Signature
Old 26-10-2020, 11:20   #21212
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Saelemaekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
100% true.
Some people prefer the pessimists way.
They think its a win-win situation for them.
If Milan win they celebrate the team & if Milan lost they celebrate how smart they were.

But they dont know we are smart & know their tactics

Yeah and it is really annoying.
Old 26-10-2020, 11:25   #21213
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Im not pessimistic for 2night. Just saying Roma is a very good team. But u r right about the pessimistic psichology.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 26-10-2020, 11:27   #21214
Pingu
Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Im not pessimistic for 2night. Just saying Roma is a very good team. But u r right about the pessimistic psichology.
The last ten years have done that to us... It'll be a very hard game but if we can beat Inter, I see no reason we can't get a win here. I think Inter's midfield is levels above Roma, both have a strong CF, defence both shitty (given the players they've had out when facing us, anyway).

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 26-10-2020, 11:29   #21215
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Why do you think they are so good?

Feel like Milan will dominate tonight
Old 26-10-2020, 11:34   #21216
Milan2012
Senior Team Member

Right but we can?t all be on the same page or the forum and commode would turn into one great circle jerk.
I still think the game is a close one, especially considering we?re missing Rebic and have Hakan on half life. I don?t even see it as pessimism just being objective. We?ve had one of the easier schedules in the league so far with 3 easy teams and an Inter that was missing many players. Not saying that invalidates our good run but realistically we shouldn?t be talking about scudetto or easy games just yet.
Old 26-10-2020, 11:35   #21217
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Lol, Wud love to be able to say the famous ?we beat Roma tho? line by the end of night.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Old 26-10-2020, 11:44   #21218
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan2012 View Post
Right but we can?t all be on the same page or the forum and commode would turn into one great circle jerk.
I still think the game is a close one, especially considering we?re missing Rebic and have Hakan on half life. I don?t even see it as pessimism just being objective. We?ve had one of the easier schedules in the league so far with 3 easy teams and an Inter that was missing many players. Not saying that invalidates our good run but realistically we shouldn?t be talking about scudetto or easy games just yet.
If Hakan plays/is fully fit I don't think its close

Also you can say that for literally any team so far
Old 26-10-2020, 11:59   #21219
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
That's why the team isn't getting "found out" tactically. There's no obvious way to nullify this attack.
This is key. Want to press us high? Kjaer/Romagnoli long ball to Ibra who picks it out of the air and lays it down gently for one of the many speed demons to run into.

Want to go very low and park the bus? Good luck trying to find anyone to mark with Ibra floating everywhere and pulling you out of shape, and Theo/Rebic overloading the left side and Bennacer/Kessie cleaning up every second ball.

Mix of both? You can't press Bennacer/Kessie no matter how hard you try and you can't have a high line against our speed demons and you can't drop too low and allow us to control the game. Defend too narrow and Theo will rape you. Defend too wide and there's space for Hakan to orchestrate.

This versatility and options is why we're dangerous, plus we seem to have really improved our pre-match analysis and it seems each game we tweak the strategy to both hide our weakness (we're weak during our counterpress if they manage to break it quickly) and exploit the opposition weakness. I think this is a very underrated aspect of Pioli's reign so far.

Edit: This is the exact opposite of Susoball. Back then, stop Suso and you stop Milan.

Last edited by brk; 26-10-2020 at 12:08.
Old 26-10-2020, 12:05   #21220
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
What the hell........

170cm short striker.
Dropping 4231.
Saele in a front 3.
I thought you loved the current side, but looks like your subversion is still on.

If we can't get a targetman, then might as well stick with Rebic, who's a versatile attacker and also a factor in aerial and physical duels.

However I think a targetman is crucial if the team wants to remain multifaceted and unpredictable. This team doesn't need a dribbling frontman creating chances for them. They can create chances through wing-play, the middle, dribbling, passes on the ground, crosses.
Ibra's most important quality is his aerial game and hold-up play.
He is an outlet when the ground passes aren't working at the back and when opponents are crowding their box.
I am okay with 4-2-3-1. I just dont think it's going to be easy to find a like for like replacement for ibra as far as both physicality and skill goes unless we drop a bomb on haaland.

So I see the responsibility getting divided. The aerial and physical responsibility will go to rebic and the dribbling and creation through the middle - the guy who links up with Hakan will go to someone else. Rebic is not that slick and leao doesn't seem too interested in cf. So a CF dribbler up top who can also drop back when required is the next best thing.
Closed Thread