The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 51 41.46%
2nd place 7 5.69%
CL spot 62 50.41%
EL spot 2 1.63%
7th+ 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 07:08   #23781
abritcemeng
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
What is our unbeaten run in Serie a. Let us not screw that one at least
58. World record
Old 06-11-2020, 08:53   #23782
Il grande Milan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalis View Post
Italian defender that isn't in his 30s. hit his ceiling

Drink more.
'Italian defenders', is that still a thing? And English football is still 'kick 'n rush'... Oh wait, it's the year 2020. The Maldinis and Cannavaros are long gone. Romagnoli is just an mediocre defender in poor form, nothing more, nothing less. Although must say that penalty against Lille was a present wrapped in a big bow. You saw him jumping, amazing hollywood performance
Old 06-11-2020, 09:04   #23783
Il grande Milan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoban View Post
But I thought Ligue 1 was farmer league?? That's what I read around here lol.
This forum is suffering from an illusory superiority condition.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:37   #23784
mazurxiii
Rookie

This 'farmer league' had 2 teams in CL semi-final and 1 in final last season...just saying. Lille were physically superior yesterday, f.e. Sanches basicly bullied Tonali...Milan is STILL medicore team on european stage, when u look closly at our matches - in some situations we had a lot of luck, when it could go easly other way (f.e. match with Rio Ave, derby with Inter - if Lukaku were more clinical we would lose like in Ferbuary), generally what i want to say - results are better than our performance imho.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:05   #23785
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
As Italian papers report, Ibra looked irritable and his gestures towards Stefano Pioli on the bench confirmed he wasn?t happy at all, both for the result and for the team?s performance.

Il Corriere dello Sport reports Ibra wasn?t happy and will make it clear to his teammates tomorrow when the Rossoneri will return to training.
Manager seems pissed!

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Old 06-11-2020, 10:11   #23786
abritcemeng
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazurxiii View Post
This 'farmer league' had 2 teams in CL semi-final and 1 in final last season...just saying. Lille were physically superior yesterday, f.e. Sanches basicly bullied Tonali...Milan is STILL medicore team on european stage, when u look closly at our matches - in some situations we had a lot of luck, when it could go easly other way (f.e. match with Rio Ave, derby with Inter - if Lukaku were more clinical we would lose like in Ferbuary), generally what i want to say - results are better than our performance imho.
No.
Lille fields their regular starter. We weren't.
If we used regular starter in mid and fwd. We would win.
It's pioli missmanaged
Old 06-11-2020, 10:20   #23787
doraemon
One and Only

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritcemeng View Post
No.
Lille fields their regular starter. We weren't.
If we used regular starter in mid and fwd. We would win.
It's pioli missmanaged
Romag and donna mistake cost us this game. Kjaer brainfart sealed our fate

I can't wait to see how our young squad will handle their first defeat (also a heavy defeat)
Old 06-11-2020, 10:20   #23788
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Lille is better than Lyon who beat Juve. French clubs are ahead of Italian clubs in term of physique and skills, also they work better with young players. This is the truth.

French club (apart of PSG) are poor and I would imagine how bad Italian clubs would have been if they had only their budget.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:25   #23789
Pingu
Revolution

We got outclassed, it happens. Let's move on to stomping Verona.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 06-11-2020, 10:31   #23790
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:

We lost not because they were superior than us. We lost the game due to ourselves. We just could not score in the first half while in the second half the players motivation was just awful.

Calm down. Milan are still better than Lille.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Old 06-11-2020, 10:40   #23791
Il grande Milan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post

We lost not because they were superior than us. We lost the game due to ourselves. We just could not score in the first half while in the second half the players motivation was just awful.

Calm down. Milan are still better than Lille.
have you seen the game actually? Our only 'real' chances in the first half were an easy shot of Theo and Ibra's free kick...
Old 06-11-2020, 10:43   #23792
Il grande Milan
AC Milan Legend

Btw, what is up with Donna these days... Has he ever deliberately stopped a penalty in the last few years. That was a bad penalty by that Turk from Lille. Also the second goal was again a personal error from his side. Not an easy ball, but if you want to be considered among the best in the world...
Old 06-11-2020, 10:46   #23793
voom
AC Milan Legend

AC Milan are set to ask their players to cut their monthly wages due to the ongoing effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, a report claims.

The squad signed an agreement for their April salaries to be cut by 50% earlier in the year in what was a response to the suspension of the league and therefore an inability for the players to provide the services they are paid for.

However, a few months down the line now we are no closer to seeing supporters back in stadiums en masse despite the fact that football has been deemed ok to resume.

According to La Repubblica (via MilanNews), Milan intend to ask the team for a sacrifice given the current loss in revenues, and that is to cut their monthly salary by about 20%.

The paper adds that it will be up to the CEO Ivan Gazidis to formulate the terms of the request to the Rossoneri players, who will then decide whether to accept or not.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:48   #23794
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Let's forget this game and focus on upcoming ones, we got a tough calendar

Old 06-11-2020, 11:00   #23795
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il grande Milan View Post
Btw, what is up with Donna these days... Has he ever deliberately stopped a penalty in the last few years. That was a bad penalty by that Turk from Lille. Also the second goal was again a personal error from his side. Not an easy ball, but if you want to be considered among the best in the world...
Yes
Old 06-11-2020, 11:07   #23796
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Former Netherlands striker Marco van Basten says he should have retired earlier and his career "was not worth" the pain he has suffered from his injuries.

Van Basten, 56, was one of the best players of his generation, winning the Ballon d'Or on three occasions between 1988 and 1992.

But he struggled with a persistent ankle injury from his early 20s and had to retire at the age of just 30.

"If I had the choice again with all the knowledge I have today, it's not worth it," he told BBC Radio 5 Live's Euro League's podcast.

Podcast: Van Basten reflects on his career

"All the pain I had, it was not worth it. My ankle created so many problems, it affected my day-to-day living. But at that time football was my whole life.

"Now I am older, I have had a life without football. You can still have a good life - there is more than football. Today I would make a different decision if I had the choice."

All About Marco van Basten - listed to the Football Daily podcast in full

'I died as a footballer'

Van Basten won back-to-back European Cups with the great AC Milan side of the late 1980s and scored his most famous goal in the Euro 88 final win over the Soviet Union.

But he missed two entire seasons trying to fight back from his ankle injury and now can not even kick a ball.

"I died as a player," he said.

"Still today I can't play football. It's far too difficult, my ankle is fixed, I can't shoot, I can't do anything with my foot.

"In all my life there was not a day that I hadn't touched a football and all of a sudden it was over. It was very hard, painful."
'Cruyff was my hero'

Van Basten first met his idol Johan Cruyff as a 15-year-old and wanted to tell him they would be team-mates one day - but lost his nerve.

Just a few months later, Van Basten replaced Cruyff as a substitute and scored on his Ajax debut.

"Cruyff was one of the best, he was my hero and my example," Van Basten said.

"He was a star at the same time as George Best, fantastic to watch.

"I knew him later on, he became my trainer, my adviser, my team-mate, my opponent.

"It was easier for me to play with him than to speak to him."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54816131

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Old 06-11-2020, 11:23   #23797
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il grande Milan View Post
have you seen the game actually? Our only 'real' chances in the first half were an easy shot of Theo and Ibra's free kick...
I missed the live game but watched the replay. I put attention every 10 minutes of our play just to make sure what actually our problems were.

What you said about real chances is right. It's due to our selfishness, our laziness not to try to create chances from the attacks we have built. The players looked clueless when they were already inches with the ball from the PK area. There were also moments that the finishing attacks so poor like Dalot's cross to Ibra who missed miles away. It's just our typical attack. But still we owned the game, not letting a single attack did by the opponent in the first 20 minutes (just before the PK).

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Old 06-11-2020, 11:29   #23798
Pingu
Revolution

Me after last night's match:

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 06-11-2020, 11:46   #23799
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Signature
Old 06-11-2020, 12:16   #23800
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Nicolo Schira: Milan are in advanced talks to extend Hakan #Calhanoglu’s contract until 2024. The turkish player has asked €5M/year as the new wage. Meanwhile #Milan offered €3,5M/year and are confident to reach an agreement.
Closed Thread