The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 51 41.46%
2nd place 7 5.69%
CL spot 62 50.41%
EL spot 2 1.63%
7th+ 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 23-11-2020, 18:25   #25581
stevan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Milan has a problem called Alessio. Capitano is below any needed level. Club will bring a new cb for sure, and then what? Few things:

Alessio will prolong and will get a better contract, to sit on the bench? If some new cb turns out to be on Kjaer level Romagnoli is out. Also hes a captain...

We may soon see a strange situation where Milan captain is a bench player. Unless he improves a lot.
Roma is under-performing this season big time. He isn't the same player from previous years. At a time when he should be entering his prime and improving, he is regressing. It's worrysome.

But what's really shocking is how good this team is while still having a weak link at RW and CB.

Signature
Old 23-11-2020, 18:33   #25582
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
Messi is unhappy at Barca .Cheeky bid from Maldini of 20mil.
Heared a good Inter podcast last night. Probably the only Interista podcast I can listen to without getting bleeding ears. I like to hear to other podcasts too tho because it's nice and refreshing to hear opinions from outside the usual Milan bubble.

So in his Milan-Napoli-Review he says that you can argue all day if you want about who has the strongest team on paper, the best coach or the highest probability of winning the league and no one really could say it. However what's obviously and hardly arguable is that atm Milan has the best group out there in terms of team spirit and that's what makes the difference.

He goes on by saying for example, look at Zlatan. Right now there is no player in Serie A who makes the bigger difference than him. However if you reduced Milan to Zlatan only you made a huge mistake because if you look at how the second goal came, you see a beautiful pass from Hakan to Rebic, who then dribbles his way on the flanks only to draw a pitch perfect cross to Zlatan. That's what means having the best group out there and only fools would reduce Milan to Zlatan when in fact you have the whole team around him that together with Zlatan forms that strong unity no other team in Serie A can compete with.

Then, in conclusion, he comes back to the concept of how "we" (Interisti) always continue babbling about this huge player (Eriksen) or that phenomenon (Messi) who's needed to finally make Contes system click but that is only an illusion because what you need is a strong bond, a unity, actually exactly that what Milan right now is and has and the reason why "they" are leading the table with little phenomens Zlatan excluded and the youngest team in Italy if not even in Europe.
Old 23-11-2020, 18:33   #25583
Pingu
Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
Rumours of a possible Hakan #Calhanoglu move to #Juventus intensify as the #ACMilan star has posted a picture with his compatriot Merih #Demiral in Turin.

These journalists go write Demiral is close to joining Milan and you're just as close as reporting Hakan to Juve
If the Instagram tag said Milano, they would've. But it's Turin, so Hakan *must* be there with Demiral to speak to Juventus!

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 23-11-2020, 18:35   #25584
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevan View Post
Roma is under-performing this season big time. He isn't the same player from previous years. At a time when he should be entering his prime and improving, he is regressing. It's worrysome.

But what's really shocking is how good this team is while still having a weak link at RW and CB.
Maybe because that weak link isn't even that weak? Or at least functional enough. You don't go unbeaten in so many games, score as much as we do over so many months, if your team lacks holes as big as some fans are still insisting.
Old 23-11-2020, 18:45   #25585
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Maybe because that weak link isn't even that weak? Or at least functional enough. You don't go unbeaten in so many games, score as much as we do over so many months, if your team lacks holes as big as some fans are still insisting.
I think it's just highlighted bc rest of the team are performing well and he just returned from injury.

Contract extensions talk aside, I think Romagnoli deserves a bit more good grace from the fans.

Signature
Old 23-11-2020, 18:52   #25586
stevan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Roma was made to look like an amateur on several occasions this season. If we are to contend for the title he needs to either improve or be upgraded in January.

Signature

Last edited by stevan; 23-11-2020 at 19:04.
Old 23-11-2020, 18:57   #25587
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Roma was made to look like an amateur on several occasions this season. If we are to content for the title he needs to either improve or be upgraded in January.
So was Koulibaly tho. Roma faced some pretty tough opponents too. It's okay to suffer them at times although I agree he hasn't found his mojo quite yet since returning from his injury who held I'm out for three months.
Old 23-11-2020, 19:09   #25588
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Roma was made to look like an amateur on several occasions this season. If we are to contend for the title he needs to either improve or be upgraded in January.
You saw Koulibaly yesterday? The so called top 3 defender in the world was caught being 3 meters away from Zlatan (our only player in the box) on 2 occasions that led to a goal.

Romagnoli was out for nearly 4 months and had zero pre season preparation. He recovered from his injury and was thrown into the fire the next day. He's been playing without any rest since then despite picking up another injury. After he recovered, he immediately played full 90 minutes against the strongest team in the league and did fine. His only mistake yesterday was for the goal but there was a foul before that, the whole defense was caught unprepared and he did touch the ball. He did what he had to, unfortunately his touch wasn't enough. It was a matter of a few centimeters.

Signature
Top 4

Last edited by MilanBG; 23-11-2020 at 19:13.
Old 23-11-2020, 19:10   #25589
AC Kid
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Koulibali and especially manolas last night looked like school boys vs world beaters.. easy on alessio pls

Signature

<3
Old 23-11-2020, 19:12   #25590
Nevermore
AC Milan Legend

Scaroni: “I'm very busy on the stadium. It is fundamental for Milan "

it seems to me to be something you can't say no to. I think we will put the first brick next year. When the council approves the project, we will move from a preliminary project to a detailed design. We will invest only in this 50 million and, from the middle of next year, we will start the works. This is the plan we have in mind. ”Thus the President of Milan, Paolo Scaroni, spoke about the situation of the Milan stadium to Sky Sport.
Old 23-11-2020, 19:16   #25591
voom
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Heared a good Inter podcast last night. Probably the only Interista podcast I can listen to without getting bleeding ears. I like to hear to other podcasts too tho because it's nice and refreshing to hear opinions from outside the usual Milan bubble.

So in his Milan-Napoli-Review he says that you can argue all day if you want about who has the strongest team on paper, the best coach or the highest probability of winning the league and no one really could say it. However what's obviously and hardly arguable is that atm Milan has the best group out there in terms of team spirit and that's what makes the difference.

He goes on by saying for example, look at Zlatan. Right now there is no player in Serie A who makes the bigger difference than him. However if you reduced Milan to Zlatan only you made a huge mistake because if you look at how the second goal came, you see a beautiful pass from Hakan to Rebic, who then dribbles his way on the flanks only to draw a pitch perfect cross to Zlatan. That's what means having the best group out there and only fools would reduce Milan to Zlatan when in fact you have the whole team around him that together with Zlatan forms that strong unity no other team in Serie A can compete with.

Then, in conclusion, he comes back to the concept of how "we" (Interisti) always continue babbling about this huge player (Eriksen) or that phenomenon (Messi) who's needed to finally make Contes system click but that is only an illusion because what you need is a strong bond, a unity, actually exactly that what Milan right now is and has and the reason why "they" are leading the table with little phenomens Zlatan excluded and the youngest team in Italy if not even in Europe.
Definitely this group of players are beautiful to see them play good no nonsense football. Every goal from last night had a head and tail. Ibra's presence is huge to this young team. What is most important is that passes and crosses to Ibra don't come from one ore two source.Theo with two very similar assist. Bennacer replicating the same thing,than you have Rebic,Hakan, Saele. And that's why opponents can't just shut down one player,if for example they want to mark Bennacer aggressively ,there is Rebic or Hakan or Leao. This system is clearly working.Our first 11 can play with any team.in the league. It will be very hard to find vice Ibra .You can't learn movement just like that.
Old 23-11-2020, 19:22   #25592
stevan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
So was Koulibaly tho. Roma faced some pretty tough opponents too. It's okay to suffer them at times although I agree he hasn't found his mojo quite yet since returning from his injury who held I'm out for three months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanBG View Post
You saw Koulibaly yesterday? The so called top 3 defender in the world was caught being 3 meters away from Zlatan (our only player in the box) on 2 occasions that led to a goal.

Romagnoli was out for nearly 4 months and had zero pre season preparation. He recovered from his injury and was thrown into the fire the next day. He's been playing without any rest since then despite picking up another injury. After he recovered, he immediately played full 90 minutes against the strongest team in the league and did fine. His only mistake yesterday was for the goal but there was a foul before that, the whole defense was caught unprepared and he did touch the ball. He did what he had to, unfortunately his touch wasn't enough. It was a matter of a few centimeters.
What does Koulibaly have to do with Roma?

They are 8th in the table for a reason. We are 1st. If we are to continue being 1st we need to upgrade our weak links, Roma being the worst of them.

Signature
Old 23-11-2020, 19:22   #25593
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Kid View Post
Koulibali and especially manolas last night looked like school boys vs world beaters.. easy on alessio pls
Exactly, both looked terrible on numerous occasions especially the goals. Defenders making mistakes or being beaten by attackers is perfectly normal.

Signature
Top 4
Old 23-11-2020, 19:29   #25594
voom
AC Milan Legend

Quote:

Don't defend him.Politano running in front of him like he was shinkansen,because of that Kjaer almost got injured,than dangerous pass to Theo when 3 Napoli player were near him.
I guess anyone in this forum have their fav players and expect more. And I'm sick of Romagnoli, i think he is the weakest player currently that we have.I have a feeling that coaches play him only because he play with left foot.
Upgrade is necessary than maybe we can see his grinta from the bench. And if rumors are true that Raiola ask 5 million per year for him than sell him to first buyer.
Old 23-11-2020, 19:30   #25595
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
What does Koulibaly have to do with Roma?

They are 8th in the table for a reason. We are 1st. If we are to continue being 1st we need to upgrade our weak links, Roma being the worst of them.
He did more mistakes than Romagnoli yesterday. It is normal to commit mistakes, after all we are talking about humans. Some people are way too demanding. I have watched numerous games of every team this year already and I can tell you that defenders like Koulibaly, Manolas, Kolarov, Bastoni, Demiral, Bonucci, Acerbi, Romero, etc. have already made countless mistakes. It is what it is. Every player makes mistakes.

RW is a much bigger need IMO. Our RW is practically non existent this season.
Samu and Alexis have the staggering 1 goal and 0 assists combined this season in Serie A.

Signature
Top 4
Old 23-11-2020, 19:31   #25596
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Don't defend him.Politano running in front of him like he was shinkansen,because of that Kjaer almost got injured,than dangerous pass to Theo when 3 Napoli player were near him.
I guess anyone in this forum have their fav players and expect more. And I'm sick of Romagnoli, i think he is the weakest player currently that we have.I have a feeling that coaches play him only because he play with left foot.
Upgrade is necessary than maybe we can see his grinta from the bench. And if rumors are true that Raiola ask 5 million per year for him than sell him to first buyer.
So, we should shit on him because he couldn't outrun one of the fastest players in the league?

BTW Kessie lost a tooth after Politano's elbow which was not even called foul iirc

Signature
Top 4

Last edited by MilanBG; 23-11-2020 at 19:35.
Old 23-11-2020, 19:38   #25597
voom
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
So, we should shit on him because he was left alone against one of the fastest players in the league and did not catch up?
One of his weakness .What was that shit when Napoli scored.What if was 0-0 at that point?
We need better defender,it's simple. One of the worst captains that Milan had. When he leave Milan, that will be definite comeback of Milan to the world stage.First step was getting rid of Suso .
Old 23-11-2020, 19:54   #25598
drobeck
National Team Player

I believe romagnoli will come good eventually, I am giving him the benefit of doubt from his long layoff. But to his fans he has been directly responsible for at least one goal every game we've conceded in the past couple of games.

He is making silly fouls and concentration errors on top of his bad 1v1 defending. He really struggles against physical strikers and he somehow seems slower than Kjaer.

A large part why we are so vulnerable in set pieces.

Having said all of that I don't believe Gabbia is better so lets hope he comes out of his rut.
Old 23-11-2020, 20:04   #25599
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
One of his weakness .What was that shit when Napoli scored.What if was 0-0 at that point?
We need better defender,it's simple. One of the worst captains that Milan had. When he leave Milan, that will be definite comeback of Milan to the world stage.First step was getting rid of Suso .
What was 'that shit when Napoli scored'? Kessie lost the ball in a very dangerous area (foul IMO), Calabria and Kjaer are eliminated by a single pass and somehow the goal is solely on Romagnoli, ok

We need a defender, that's a fact, but blaming Romagnoli for every goal we concede is idiotic.

Signature
Top 4
Old 23-11-2020, 20:09   #25600
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobeck View Post
romagnoli has been directly responsible for at least one goal every game we've conceded in the past couple of games.

He is making silly fouls and concentration errors on top of his bad 1v1 defending. He really struggles against physical strikers and he somehow seems slower than Kjaer.

A large part why we are so vulnerable in set pieces.

Having said all of that I don't believe Gabbia is better so lets hope he comes out of his rut.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Closed Thread