The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 51 41.46%
2nd place 7 5.69%
CL spot 62 50.41%
EL spot 2 1.63%
7th+ 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 12:35   #5781
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Tonali will not be played infront of the defence, he is unaware defensively.

He will rotating at #10 with hakan.

Safest way to integrate him and in a couple of seasons he can be moved back to deeper position.
I also think he did an awful job as anchor of Brescia's midfield 3, however a double pivot system is something else. Few DMs can pull of the single midfield pivot role, and Tonali is not among those few(yet).
I think it will be a lot easier to accommodate his skills in a double pivot system. He's not a proper DM, or a box-to-box runner and definitely not a CAM. However he is versatile and can do a bit of everything as long as it's in an auxiliary role.

Signature
Old 11-09-2020, 12:41   #5782
Pingu
Revolution

It's not to say they haven't made mistakes.

GP was the big one, but myself and many others thought it was a smart managerial pick at the time.

Then a few signings - specifically Duarte - and Krunic to some extent haven't panned out. Krunic at least was cheap and wasn't bad for us, plus can be sold for his value. Duarte was just a bad choice. Injuries, looks lost against Serie C/B teams in pre-season. He wasn't awful last year but not convincing either for a 10m player.

That said, they seem to have more than made up for it with the rest of the decisions. Pioli as caretaker was fine since Spalletti wanted to sit at home collecting his paycheck from merda. Showed enough to get renewed and Rangnick not brought in. Whether this was a good idea or not (so far it looks it) we'll see this coming season.

Player-wise, Theo and Bennacer were brilliant signings. Rebic in the second half of the season exploded. Leao has a very high ceiling. Kjaer/Ibra experience was much needed, huge impact. Getting Tonali? Wow. Again the problem seems to be offloading players but a lot of high-salary eating players are gone in Biglia/Jack/RR/Reina now. Silva for Rebic deal seems very good as per Diavolo's comments as well. If we can sell Paqueta and one of our RBs to bring in another RB and CB then I'd be thrilled. RW is 50/50 to me. If there's opportunity and the other needs are covered sure, do it. But I don't think it's a "must buy" position right now. Next season it can be addressed along with a CF since we'll need to think about replacing Ibra.

Forza Milan!

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 11-09-2020, 12:57   #5783
Nalim
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Seriously what is that.. also henderson has a higher rating than tiago alcantara. And how the hell is he only 85. The man is arguably as good as de bruyne.

They keep overrating epl players as always
Maybe i wont buy it again
Henderson was Liverpool's best player last season and probably the 2nd best player in Premier League overall. He's become a world class player and those who think otherwise haven't watched him play. Tiago Alcantara on the other hand looked good during the CL especially in the final where him and Neuer stole the show. He is a bit inconsistent though. In the semifinal against Lyon he was Bayern's worst player on the field. De Bruyne is the best midfielder in the world by a great distance and and I'm not sure I'd put Tiago in my top 10
Old 11-09-2020, 12:59   #5784
taura
Attaccareeee

btw if anyone is interested, Brahim's official presentation is in 15 mins, live on milan app
Old 11-09-2020, 13:14   #5785
Pingu
Revolution

Official FIFA 21 ratings:

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 11-09-2020, 13:17   #5786
CDarius
National Team Player

Theo, Kessie, Bennacer, Rebic, Hakan and even Leao have stupid ratings. I dont understand why we signed with them if they dont even try to make it realistic.
Old 11-09-2020, 13:20   #5787
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Fifa has always been shit, not even interested. Can't even get the positions right.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

Old 11-09-2020, 13:26   #5788
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

GdS: Pioli has given his approval for the sale of Laxalt and Halilovic. They are not part of his plans.
Old 11-09-2020, 13:26   #5789
Pingu
Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
GdS: Pioli has given his approval for the sale of Laxalt and Halilovic.
Pioli must read the commode

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 11-09-2020, 13:29   #5790
mumbojumbo
Special Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
Rebic/Leao/Colombo can cover the CF position well imo and Pioli wont shit the bed as long as Ibra is around

anyways whats up with Chelsea splashing cash left right and center this mercato
#Chelsea are in talks for Declan #Rice. #Blues are ready to offer ?45M to #WestHan to sign the midfielder. If two clubs reach an agreement, Rice will sign 5-year contract. #transfers #CFC #WHUFC
They are doing Milan 1995. A lot of new players come in. It is a recipe for disaster. Even though these players are good players, it will take time to integrate them.
Old 11-09-2020, 13:30   #5791
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Those are some very stupid ratings for our players. Thank God I havent bought that shit game since FIFA 12

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Old 11-09-2020, 13:30   #5792
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post

So Milan got a partnership and the player ratings went down
Old 11-09-2020, 13:33   #5793
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Duarte transfer was the oddest of all. For that price you could easily get a Europe-proven CB or some young talent.
Old 11-09-2020, 13:35   #5794
mumbojumbo
Special Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
My guess is they saved quite a lot from the transfer windows where they had a transfer ban.

However it still seems crazy given how world economy as a whole is currently being hitten by the virus.
financially it is wise to spend when others can't. You can get much better deals that way. Squad wise, you get a lot of new players at the same time. It is a recipe for disaster.
Old 11-09-2020, 13:35   #5795
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Quote:

Damn this is shit

Signature
GOAT
Old 11-09-2020, 13:35   #5796
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Saelemaekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00fer View Post
Aubameyang.
But Ambro is not our product ?!
Good point and a bit sad. That can't happen again.
Old 11-09-2020, 13:39   #5797
omer486
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Duarte transfer was the oddest of all. For that price you could easily get a Europe-proven CB or some young talent.
It doesn't at all make sense. It's as if someone in management was trying to screw Millan and help out the Brazilian Club. It would have been better to keep Thiago Djalo instead.
Old 11-09-2020, 13:42   #5798
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I mean they paid 7m for Saladmakers and people thought that was too much, even the Belgium fans who had seen him play said he's not fit for Milan. Turns out he was a solid transfer

With this approach there's hits and misses

I'd say only 1 flop in a transfer market and like 3-4 quality players for a discount is a pretty good result
Old 11-09-2020, 13:48   #5799
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
It's not to say they haven't made mistakes.

GP was the big one, but myself and many others thought it was a smart managerial pick at the time.

Then a few signings - specifically Duarte - and Krunic to some extent haven't panned out. Krunic at least was cheap and wasn't bad for us, plus can be sold for his value. Duarte was just a bad choice. Injuries, looks lost against Serie C/B teams in pre-season. He wasn't awful last year but not convincing either for a 10m player.

That said, they seem to have more than made up for it with the rest of the decisions. Pioli as caretaker was fine since Spalletti wanted to sit at home collecting his paycheck from merda. Showed enough to get renewed and Rangnick not brought in. Whether this was a good idea or not (so far it looks it) we'll see this coming season.

Player-wise, Theo and Bennacer were brilliant signings. Rebic in the second half of the season exploded. Leao has a very high ceiling. Kjaer/Ibra experience was much needed, huge impact. Getting Tonali? Wow. Again the problem seems to be offloading players but a lot of high-salary eating players are gone in Biglia/Jack/RR/Reina now. Silva for Rebic deal seems very good as per Diavolo's comments as well. If we can sell Paqueta and one of our RBs to bring in another RB and CB then I'd be thrilled. RW is 50/50 to me. If there's opportunity and the other needs are covered sure, do it. But I don't think it's a "must buy" position right now. Next season it can be addressed along with a CF since we'll need to think about replacing Ibra.

Forza Milan!

Signature
Old 11-09-2020, 13:49   #5800
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

I thought Mastour was our only WC youth talent.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

Closed Thread