Europa League Qualif. Round 2: Shamrock Rovers - AC Milan 17/09/2020 20:00 CET

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
And I must say that I really love this team. It has a lot of sympathetic characters, potential and desire

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Only bad thing was I couldnt watch on the app - luckily I had my laptop at work so Pingu was MoTM as usual

Samu was disappointing today because the opposition was subpar. I think Saelemakers was actually OK and shouldve scored - he did enough useful things for my liking.

I know Samu will be better but RW really screams for an upgrade even though I dont prefer Chiesa

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Calabria is a much better player now

that shot on the 2nd half were quite precise for RB

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Easy hakan motm

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Thing samu haters have to realize is he isn?t meant to be that flashy, goal scoring hybrid wide forward. He?s a midfielder, while rebic and Leao are forwards, even if they play opposite each other in the formation.

Now I?m not saying Samu was great today, and I?m not saying he isn?t a player we should consider upgrading. But while Leao and Rebic are judged on their dribbles, assists and goals, you can?t compare that to Samu. He is a midfielder, and the stats he puts up are far less flashy, chances created, key passes, crosses completed, ball recoveries, pass success. And he does actually a lot better at those than people realize. Today I was disappointed with him because I thought a player with his skill and speed couldn?t beat his man enough, he was too weak. I?ll never get why he doesn?t add some mass to his frame. But even then, he put some dangerous balls in the box, his pressing forced some errors and won the ball back a few times I noticed, and he?s good at winning fouls under pressure. He also comes into the midfield to help overload the central positions, something which allows Theo and Rebic to stay closer to the box. Less flashy stats but important still.

If people want some kind of RW similar to rebic or Leao on the field, it probably means dropping a CAM and going more of a 433, as the two center mids we play now will he caught out every match. And that?s something we should avoid. Samu is not a great player, but he is a good one. He is much less of a problem then several of the other players we?ve had that people like to shit on. And if Maldini wants an upgrade at RW, it has to be someone who can do what Samu does(but better).

The problem with Samu is how ineffective he is in utilizing situations. Even when he finds himself with an isolated defender, he is incapable of bearing his man. This results in wasted opportunities and slowing our team down.

I?ve never seen a supposedly ?fast? winger unable to ever get past anybody

Also due to his lack of goals or assists, if our other forwards hit a goal drought, we can?t even hope for him to pick up any slack.

He does press well and chase down balls and has a high work rate.

But our RW has to have more and when we start running into quality opposition, the weakness of our right could get more glaring

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Didn't get to see the game, but I'm glad we started with a win.

Really hope we qualify for EL, on to the next one!

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calabria has been really good so far, top 3-4 performers yesterday.
I wouldn't waste money on upgrading RB unless we can get rid of Conti. Otherwise I?d put trust in Calabria and, with a longer time period in mind, Kalulu.

el qualifications would be good place to play leao... its sad he isnt available
also - would laxalt be really worse than saele tonight??

I don?t see what should be that bad about Saele yesterday, he was a bit rusty but moved and thought well and got an assist.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
An african in the forum.. i was starting to feel lonely
77c02d1d0f2ce7ccf23749ed9be6b22a.gif

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Thing samu haters have to realize is he isn?t meant to be that flashy, goal scoring hybrid wide forward. He?s a midfielder, while rebic and Leao are forwards, even if they play opposite each other in the formation.

Now I?m not saying Samu was great today, and I?m not saying he isn?t a player we should consider upgrading. But while Leao and Rebic are judged on their dribbles, assists and goals, you can?t compare that to Samu. He is a midfielder, and the stats he puts up are far less flashy, chances created, key passes, crosses completed, ball recoveries, pass success. And he does actually a lot better at those than people realize. Today I was disappointed with him because I thought a player with his skill and speed couldn?t beat his man enough, he was too weak. I?ll never get why he doesn?t add some mass to his frame. But even then, he put some dangerous balls in the box, his pressing forced some errors and won the ball back a few times I noticed, and he?s good at winning fouls under pressure. He also comes into the midfield to help overload the central positions, something which allows Theo and Rebic to stay closer to the box. Less flashy stats but important still.

If people want some kind of RW similar to rebic or Leao on the field, it probably means dropping a CAM and going more of a 433, as the two center mids we play now will he caught out every match. And that?s something we should avoid. Samu is not a great player, but he is a good one. He is much less of a problem then several of the other players we?ve had that people like to shit on. And if Maldini wants an upgrade at RW, it has to be someone who can do what Samu does(but better).

A lot of truth in this