Week 2: Crotone - Milan 27/09/20 18:00 CET

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Are you by any chance a squid, or some other kind of cephalopod? This shouldn't be something that happens often or 'from time to time'.
It happens quite often to my friend too but with his knee(when we play futsal). He stands up in his feet few minutes after and within 2 weeks he is back playing again.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The thing that we have to worry about is whether there is ligament damage or not. Hopefully there isn't.

Otherwise, we got the result we needed, we deserved to win by more, and once we knew we were comfortable, we took our foot off the gas--especially after Rebic got hurt--because we have to beat Rio Ave.

Tonali was impressive, mostly in the first half. Diaz did well to score, but he needs to get stronger or faster to move past the challenges, I think (to be fair) he's just getting used to the league.

Samu should be sold and replaced. Hauge should be brought in, mostly because of the crazy low cost.

These are the sorts of ugly games that we need to win more often, so I'm happy with the result. And with the fact that we didn't allow a team to rough us up, we didn't just take punishment, we actually gave it out.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
the thing that we have to worry about is whether there is ligament damage or not. Hopefully there isn't.

Otherwise, we got the result we needed, we deserved to win by more, and once we knew we were comfortable, we took our foot off the gas--especially after rebic got hurt--because we have to beat rio ave.

Tonali was impressive, mostly in the first half. Diaz did well to score, but he needs to get stronger or faster to move past the challenges, i think (to be fair) he's just getting used to the league.

samu should be sold and replaced. hauge should be brought in, mostly because of the crazy low cost.

These are the sorts of ugly games that we need to win more often, so i'm happy with the result. And with the fact that we didn't allow a team to rough us up, we didn't just take punishment, we actually gave it out.

+1

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you by any chance a squid, or some other kind of cephalopod? This shouldn't be something that happens often or 'from time to time'.
:lol:

i understand your reaction

the first time it happens, it fucking is the end of the world and 5 minutes later, the aching is over
after the 137th time, it is just normal, you just ask someone to push your arm back in its postion with all their might

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Brahim Diaz vs Crotone:

1 goal
5 shots
23 passes
96% PA
1 dribble
1 key pass
1 aerial duel won

Theo Hernandez vs Crotone:
41 passes
83% PA
6 tackles
2 interceptions
2 clearances
3 aerial duels won
1 dribble

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donna - didnt have to do much but was good in distributing play. Only one dangerous exit on a corner that could have cost us
Calabria - Not great like previous match but very solid. Didnt go much forward this time
Kjaer - destroyed Simy's soul, flawless game
Gabbia - Much better than previous games. If he keeps this up can be a good backup
Theo - better defensively than offensively this time. although when he parted like a rocket they often were fouling him
Kessie - MOTM, dominated the midflied and his dribbling is becoming an interesting element
Tonali - starting to grow, he needs playing time and Pioli know it
Saele - Love his fighting spirit, but wish he was heavier
Diaz - Besides the goal i like how he was generous to do pressing until he was subbed. Don't know yet what position would be ebst for him
Rebic - Clearly can't do CF like Ibra but with him you know that will fight anyway. Get well soon
Chala - You dont need only to score or assist or score to be vital for the team. The way he was recovering balls and opening for teammates is a joy to watch

Colombo - too many offsides?
Bennacer - entered to control the pace of game and he did it perfectly
Samu - can be the perfect player for the last minutes when you need fresh legs to chasse everything down
Leao - Beauty and the beast. Entered good in the game and almost scored and then stopped running except when he got that yellow
Krunic - If not sold he will be our midfield jolly. Put him when you don't know who to put

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Ei8WmUlWsAEcWIU.png

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Opponents are less likely to press Kessie than anyone else. The way he moves the ball and can shield it makes pressing him a tad useless at times. Speaks volumes of the progress he has made.

Geralt666

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibra, Tonali, MM, Seedorf, Kaka, Capitano
Guys anyone know where we can watch the full highlights as I missed the match today:(

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
For that long ball from Donnarumma, we sorely miss Ibra. We kept losing possession after the long ball. I hope Leao can step in because he is big and tall but he is freaking lazy off the ball.

I am not saying we should avoid long ball. We need it sometimes

He is very talented but off the ball he is like Balotelli... i hope he proves me wrong.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion...krunic is fine for a 4th choice midfielder... especially since tonali seems to be a very decent player.

The problem is he is not similar to Kessie. He is more like AM than DM. If Kessie gets injured, we are screwed.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
We need long balls, it's the diversion that gives us the option of building from the back. Without Ibra the opponent can play a higher defensive line and press our midfielders, while our wingers are good at attack the space behind.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
We need long balls, it's the diversion that gives us the option of building from the back. Without Ibra the opponent can play a higher defensive line and press our midfielders, while our wingers are good at attack the space behind.

Yes, I have no problem with it. We actually need it as an alternative for high pressing opponents. It would be just maximized if we had a tall target man other than Ibra. You follow? Rebic can't do it because he is simply not tall enough. This match showed that.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion...krunic is fine for a 4th choice midfielder... especially since tonali seems to be a very decent player.

No he isn't and it has nothing to do with "popular opinion"

We need a midfielder than can alternate with Kessie who is also starting quality.

Krunic doesn't tick any of these boxes

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Krunic can stay on as a wild card that plays in the more advanced positions when needed towards end of games especially if paq leaves. he can offer engine when filling in for hakan or the rw for example

It wouldnt be a disaster since hes not a bad player and will likely keep value. but we definitely need a better back up for kessie

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
no he isn't and it has nothing to do with "popular opinion"

we need a midfielder than can alternate with kessie who is also starting quality.

Krunic doesn't tick any of these boxes

+1

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
happy we won, all this mess with injuries, covid and rebic suspension affect players focus and morale.
last years we would drop points against shit teams and later we would miss few points for ucl or el spots.

You are the beshhhtttttt!!! Thank you
no problem, didnt see first half so was looking for myself :)

Schedule