The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russo-neri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Football is gaining traction in the US and China both. And if you think that when these two peoples put their minds to something,they won't become great at it, you're in for a rude awakening.

It's all about creating a cultural basis for it. If they do that, they uave the manpower and the money to overtake anyone.

NFL is still king in US, but it's ratings in the US are already dropping. There was an interesting article written a few years ago that predicts the NFL will be bankrupt 50 years from now. The "what if" scenario predicts there will be waves of lawsuits against high schools related to devastating football injuries. Local school systems will stop their football programs to avoid liability. Meanwhile, parents will shift their sons' interest away from American football and the alternative is "soccer" as both sports are played during fall, thus cutting into the NFL talent pool and making the NFL a compromised product.

And there's precedent in the US. In the early 20th century, baseball, boxing and horse racing were kings. The NFL and NBA supplanted their popularity. Tastes in the US evolve faster than the rest of the world.

It won't happen overnight, but the "soccer" will continue to grow, both in popularity and in pool of talent.

Spielberg

Bald Eagle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nocerino, Abate
You reckon they have a chance at that? There's still Baseball, Basketball and American Football. Heck even Ice Hockey has higher standing. I don't believe the US will ever give up those 4 for Football imho. much less overtake europe or south american in terms of presense in football.

Not saying they necessary will, but they could.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
#Ordini: Contacts for keita. The track was never abandoned. Calenda more the days go by the more they must find a solution...

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I'm leaving on friday and going to stay there for a while. I don't know how things are like now.

ruuuuuuuuuunnnnnn

things are pretty much like u left them i guess :lol:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
#Kalinic al @acmilan: offerta accettata dalla @acffiorentina @SkySport

Fiorentina accepted Milan offer for Kalinic.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
whos gonna post the rumors when u make the 12 hours flight eh ?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Keita & Kalinic to close the mercato

will they go for a 3rd?!?!?!

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carlo Pellegatti: "Milan, possibile rilancio per Keita"

Possible relaunch for Keita.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Kalinic will join Milan on loan for €5m plus a mandatory option to buy for €20m [via @AntoVitiello]

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky - Keita rimandato per un nuovo investimento a centrocampo?

Juve could abandon Keita to invest in another midfielder.

I still don't understand Keita to Juve. They spent close to 100m on Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa while having Cuadrado, Pjaca (when he returns from injury) and Allegri still plays Mandzukic on the wing as well.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
@FabrizioRomano
Kalinic to AC Milan from Fiorentina for €25M. Done deal, loan with obligation to buy @SkySport #transfers

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky - Niang non ancora convinto del passaggio in Russia, piace anche al Torino

Not really anything new, but Niang still not convinced about Russia. Torino also interested.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
it was? i though it was rudy. but he's a top notch schemer/dm.
Yeah, reckon it was Vidal. All talented German players are almost impossible to get. They all leave to bayern at very low prices considering their value.

Status
Not open for further replies.