\

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pat_m_9

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we are selling one LB then Laxalt deal is good, otherwise i dont see a reason for that? What heppened with Strinic, did he break both legs or what?

Unless we sell, we have RR.. and in the worst case scenario if both RR and Strinic are injured.. i guess Borini can play 1 or 2 games as 3rd option. IF he cant even do that, then why keeping him anyway

Mate it's as clear as day.

The whole Laxalt scenario was brought about by Genoa not having the funds to pay for Lapadula (which is questionable since they got close to 50m from Perin, Izzo and Pellegri).

We can't afford to write it off as bad debt, nor can we agree to have Genoa spread out payments.

After they flipped Perin, Pellegri and Salcedo, there is not one player on their roster that would potentiallyy increase in value moving forward, aside from Laxalt.

It's more of a business decision as opposed to a footballing one.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
no, with this squad we are in big trouble! again, no decent MC, no LW, and subs are very low

So suddenly everything must be perfect.

You guys are incredible.

Just praying Caldara - Romagnoli clicks ASAP!

With Bakayoko, Castilejo and Laxalt am calm.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Can we start a petition for him to wear Diego or his nickname on his back pls?

I don't want to see that ugly name Laxalt on our kits.

pat_m_9

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We have also set a terrible precedent by agreeing to take less for Carlos Bacca despite having a contractual option in place.

Genoa probably saw it as an opportunity to swindle out of Lapadula's obligation.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
i'm positive that leo has something on his mind with this deal, is it rabiot or money for mms, we'll see.

it's idiotic to spend 18m on third LB when we badly need LCM, there has to be something behind deal.

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
He was absolutely skinned by Mbappe for Pogba's goal....

I wouldn't say he was skinned. He held Mbappe until reinforcements came, his cross didn't lead to the goal itself, the midfield could have closed pogba down and blocked the shot, subasic could have saved it if his positioning wasn't shit, etc etc. You can't blame him for that goal

https://youtu.be/e1xEhjDhaXY

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unless RR leaves, this move is nonsense

PSG were rejected for Alex Sandro today, pray for some panic

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
While people here bash Bonaventura and suso etc you fail to realize that Gattuso and the management already thought we had a strong 11.

We finished 3rd with Gattuso in charge and strengthening the bench was the priority. Having cutrone, laxalt, samu and baka is a huge upgrade.

If you chose to jump on the positivity bandwagon and convinced yourself that we were going to sign players for 50m it's your problem.
Agree with this somewhat. Depth was the main issue and it’s looking a lot better now. I don’t think we’ll see much more of Borini at least.

But speaking of depth, we are still in need of another CM. Berto as a vice-Bona isn’t good enough, but I feel that if we don’t sign another MF then Hakan probably slots into that role and either Samu/Laxalt goes to LW.

That being said, this whole time Milan’s most reliable sources in PBP and Vito have said that Bakayoko’s arrival does not exclude another mid arriving - and even threw out Rabiot as a hot name still. I feel like Leo will pull something off in the last couple of days.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm curious, because I value your opinion, why do you dislike him(as a player I assume)?

Fit? Overall ability? Something entirely different?

Looking forward to reading your answer, I'll be off for now.

Also the Bakayoko stereotyping doesn't surprise me one bit - after all we have a bunch of people that assume that just because Gattuso's strength were defensive that his tactical input is limited to that.

First of all, you're too kind. Thank you.

I'm not disputing that he's a very good player. I just think that, even with this inflated market, he's not worth 100m. If the number was 60m, I'd be more open.

I also think his closest comparison is Pogba. They play that same "roaming central midfielder" spot, but Pogba has more athleticism. SMS has a surprisingly good touch for a guy his size, but I've yet to see him take a big game and just boss it. I've seen Pogba do it.

I also think he wouldn't do well here if his job is to be an LCM. Pogba played badly at Utd when Mourinho put him as part of a midfield 3. Pogba was at his best as the tip of a central midfield triangle, where SMS does the most damage as well.

I just feel like we need someone who is more dynamic. I'm not the biggest Verratti fan, but I think he's the profile we need. Maybe a little more attacking , but someone like him. If Bona released the ball faster and was more consistent I'd say we are fine as we are.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
inter will be lucky to make it to EL this season.

my prediction: about 4-5 weeks in this year's season they'll just tell us we can wear the 8th CL badge on our sleeve and let our players chill for the rest of the season (silver medal goes to Juve ofc, buffon gets one as well)

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
why do i feel like we're gonna sign Ziyech

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I know..But he makes a valid point. Without his barca buddies/system he is useless.

#Fraud

Won a WC gold Olympics. Losing finalist in 2014. Losing finalist in Copa... both times, no thanks to yr fucking 'guain

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
why do i feel like we're gonna sign Ziyech

nah, his instagram only has like a dozen posts and he looks way too normal in them. the only way we pick him up is if he posts himself wearing a pink tutu and a shirt that looks like it survived hiroshima 73 years ago

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree with this somewhat. Depth was the main issue and it’s looking a lot better now. I don’t think we’ll see much more of Borini at least.

But speaking of depth, we are still in need of another CM. Berto as a vice-Bona isn’t good enough, but I feel that if we don’t sign another MF then Hakan probably slots into that role and either Samu/Laxalt on to LW.

That being said, this whole time Milan’s most reliable sources in PBP and Vito have said that Bakayoko’s arrival does not exclude another mid arriving - and even threw out Rabiot as a hot name still. I feel like Leo will pull something off in the last couple of days.

I feel like this is the plan which is why hakan has been tried in midfield.

Laxalt samu lw
Hakan bona lcm
Baka is vice kessie.

People can cry all they want but it seems clear we don't have any spending power. How would commoders prefer to build a squad with 2 competent players in every position for virtually zero net spend I wonder

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i wanna meet massaro real life :lol::fp:

no one is curious to see whos the guy behind this persona ?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
i wanna meet massaro real life :lol::fp:

no one is curious to see whos the guy behind this persona ?

pretty sure that if we all met IRL it'd look like a special ed class reunion + congo

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan has been a disaster at LCM. He was tried there because it was preseason and why not?

He's our starting LW, and he does a good job there.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So I've just whizzed through 2 games of Samu against Barca & Valencia and confirm he's the most frustrating player I've ever seen.

Good points

1. Very fast - one of the quickest players on the pitch in both games. Nearly as quick as Dembele.

2. Deceptively strong - he may be skinny as fuck but he wins his fair share of tackles and doesn't get pushed off the ball.

3. Excellent defensively - don't think I've ever seen a winger win as many tackles/interceptions as him. He really should consider playing WB.

4. Great work rate - he's a livewire who runs non stop for the entire 90 mins.

5. Great positioning - he always makes himself available to receive the ball and ended up in plenty of goalscoring positions in both games.

6. Good technical skills - when he's on form, he's a very good dribbler, crosser, shooter & set piece taker.

Bad points

1. Super inconsistent - he'll have one good shot then fire the next 3/4 wide by a country mile. It's frustrating because you know he has good shooting ability.

2. Poor decision making - he gets in really good positions only to fuck it up with an awful final pass or tendency to ball hog until he gets tackled. He did this time and time again.

3. Overdribbles - he's a good dribbler but doesn't know when to stop and often gets tackled or gets the ball tangled between his feet then loses it.

All in all I think signing him is a huge gamble. I don't think he's good enough to bench either Hakan/Suso and think he'll frustrate the hell out of everyone by getting in good positions then letting himself down with a weak end product be it an awful shot or a bad pass. Not sure if he can be taught to eliminate these things from his game which is probably why Villareal agreed to sell him. One things for sure, if he doesn't adapt to Serie A he'll be on the first flight back to Spain.

The most frustrating thing about him is that he's got the physicality and technical skills to be an excellent player. However, top players are consistent throughout the game whereas he definitely is not. If I compare him to Suso (who's barely 2 years older), the elf is a far more intelligent and consistent player in terms of his game. If you could transplant Suso's brain into Samu's body you'd have one of the best wingers in the world.

Good review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule