The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 14-03-2003, 19:26   #21
ads216
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivippoRuiNestaShevdini
Damn it. People, it wasn't this article that dawned on me, but it makes sense. Figo was supposed to come to Italy way back when, and I forgot exactly what happened, but he couldn't due to some sort of legal proceedings, so he want to Barcelona, and when he was sold to Real, he said he had one more big time move left in him. This spells "danger." He will probably be coming to Milan, and good heavens man, that is not what I want. Galliani knows that with the prime minister's and the board of trustee's funds, he doesn't have to buy young.......he can fully purchase an aging superstar (who really is anything but super any longer) and this is terrible. I would much rather see this Morroccan from Ajax or this Norwegian many of you speak of from Rosenborg (or haus)

I mean....even Wayne Rooney or Brasilian Diego.....a player maybe that we have no use for now, but will in a few years.

Anyway, I am sure Galliani will piss me off with some non-shrewd move.
Donnie, this is exactly what I'm thinking too! Don't we have enough aging superstars and has beens? Figo hasn't done anything for the past 2 years and I have this strange feeling he's gonna end up in Milan this summer. And speaking of aging portugese stars, IMO we should sell Rui Costa as well and give the job to Pirlo.

We should go for the young players and your recommendations about karadas, Diego et al are right on the money. I wish Galliani would try the Ajax Amsterdam/Arsenal method of recruiting and get some young talent and develop them instead of buying old fools looking for a big paycheck. Please Galliani, no more players on the downside of their careers. This way we'll never win anything!!!
ads216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2003, 20:54   #22
mad4milan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads216
I have this strange feeling he's gonna end up in Milan this summer.
Didn't I read a couple of days ago that he was ending his career with Madrid??

Signature
::: That Which Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stronger :::
mad4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2003, 03:26   #23
quanglam
Rookie

I'm a milanista.And i always hope the best wishes for our club.I think everybody like me.And i think if figo go to here it's the good think for our.i know alot of person don't like hime but he still is good midfield.I know now he is 30years.But i believe that he can run and play good about 3-4 years or more.You can see Costacuta and Maldini play good when they 35-37olds.In this season you can see that when we attack we have some problem at right.Gattuso is a strong man but not good if he is a right winger.And simic is a good defender but not a right wing back.When Milan attack we always attack at left with Kalaze-Seedop-Rivaldo.When we attack at right it not good and i think you know the reason.And we always play through ball.we don't play long ball.And i think figo is one of the best of this style and we can see when he play in Real.Figo is a strong man-good teachnique-ha can run all day.He is the Real's lung.And i don't know why you don't like him.And now we have some good thing if we buy him.The first,Real need a defender and we can sell them Roque or Laursen.And i hear that Real will sell him with low price about 8-10 milion.And we can sell Rui Costa- Chamot-Tomason-Brocchi-and use this money for his salary.Believe me-Figo good for Milan and the important thing is he have all with Real and now i think he need a change.And i think Milan is a good change for him.And if he leave Real,Real will not good and we will be better.And MU want him.if he go to MU he will a dangerous man with Milan if we want win CL.I think he and Cosmin Contra,they will a good patner for each other if he go to here and Contra come back in the summer.And we have a balance when we attack and i think we will have everything with him-Rivaldo-Sheva-Nesta-Gattuso.It's will a dream team.and i think that Real will not be a important thing with Milan.We will beat them easy.
quanglam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2003, 15:58   #24
ads216
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4milan
Didn't I read a couple of days ago that he was ending his career with Madrid??
Yeah so did I. But when Galliani says that he's gonna sign a very big name in the summer, it scares me that he'll sign Figo. Of course there's nothing to base this assumption on except that I am scared that we'll sign him and screw things up.

Come to think of it, is there any really big name out there we'd really need at this point? To me the only big name over 28 years of age that I would consider is Zidane but he's not going to come back to Italy. IMO we should go for some young talent instead.
ads216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2003, 17:43   #25
kharrazian
Primavera Player

Be sure if Realmadrid sells Figo ,they will buy Juaqin from Betis to replace Figo.Then Milan should be smart and buys Juaqin instead of Figo.
I feel Milan is getting old little by little.Rivaldo is 31 years old.Redondo is 33,Maldini 35,costacurta 37!,Rui Costa 30, And Figo is 30 years old too.If he joins Milan,our team will get older.Milan should avoid buying over 30 year old players.
kharrazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2003, 20:33   #26
swedishmilanista
Primavera Player

i think we can see what for a useless plan it is when milan get all the old players who dont do anything for us. so maybe we do like a new strategie for the future and try for Karadas, van der vaal, diego, kaka and other young players like what arsenal did when they buy such good young players and they become champions in few years.

with old players we never win anyway so why not try for the young players plan? at least i will wait for like 2 years if we get good young team and then we can win for long time and not like the team is doing now.
swedishmilanista is offline   Reply With Quote