Mathias Cardacio Thread

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
Hi all dont know if anyone knows anything about this but according to
calciomercato.com Milan have signed Mathias Cardacio. He's been regarded by many as the a replacment to Prilo and Garruso? Anyone knows anything about this player?

Alla scoperta di Cardacio, nuovo Pirlo o Gattuso?

13:01 del 31 luglio

Il Milan è scatenato sul mercato sudamericano: dopo Viudez, i rossoneri hanno infatti acquistato per 2 milioni di euro dal Nacional Montevideo l'uruguayano Mathias Cardacio. Si tratta di un centrocampista centrale classe 1987, che si è accordato per un contratto quadriennale. Consigliato dall'ex tecnico Tabarez e portato in Italia dall'ex giocatore Daniel Fonseca che lo aveva proposto anche a Juventus e Lazio, Cardacio ha passaporto italiano e resterà in prima squadra a disposizione di Ancelotti. Il ragazzo ha grandi doti da incontrista, ma ha dimostrato di saperci fare anche con la palla tra i piedi (è ambidestro). I tifosi sperano che Galliani sia riuscito a individuare il mix ideale tra Pirlo e Gattuso.

Translation: Milan have been very active in South America: after Viudez, the Rossoneri have in fact required the services of Mathias Cardaccio of Nacional Montevideo for 2 Million Euro, who is a central midfileder born in 1987, accodring to source he has agreed a 4 year contact. He was brought to Italy by Daniel Fonseca who has offered him to Juventus and Lazio, Cardaccio has an italian passport and will be in the first team and available to Ancelloti.

Last edited:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Cassius said:
Hi all dont know if anyone knows anything about this but according to
calciomercato.com Milan have signe Mathias Cardacio. He's been regarded by many as the a replacment to Prilo and Garruso? Anyone knows anything about this player?

Alla scoperta di Cardacio, nuovo Pirlo o Gattuso?

13:01 del 31 luglio

Il Milan è scatenato sul mercato sudamericano: dopo Viudez, i rossoneri hanno infatti acquistato per 2 milioni di euro dal Nacional Montevideo l'uruguayano Mathias Cardacio. Si tratta di un centrocampista centrale classe 1987, che si è accordato per un contratto quadriennale. Consigliato dall'ex tecnico Tabarez e portato in Italia dall'ex giocatore Daniel Fonseca che lo aveva proposto anche a Juventus e Lazio, Cardacio ha passaporto italiano e resterà in prima squadra a disposizione di Ancelotti. Il ragazzo ha grandi doti da incontrista, ma ha dimostrato di saperci fare anche con la palla tra i piedi (è ambidestro). I tifosi sperano che Galliani sia riuscito a individuare il mix ideale tra Pirlo e Gattuso.

Translation: Milan have been very active in South Smerica: after Viudez, the Rossoneri have in fact required the services of Mathias Cardacio of Nacional Montevideo for 2 Million Euro, who is a central midfileder born in 1987, accodring to source he has agreed a 4 year contact. He was brought to Italy by Daniel Fonseca who has offered him to Juventus and Lazio, Cardacio has an italian passport and will be in the first team and available to Ancelloti.

Oh this will definitely be good... he's going to be in the first team... and since he has an Italian passport it won't use one of non-Eu options we had. I don't know much about the player... but Ancelotti himself confirmed this on ACMilan.com...

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=70127

MARKET MOVES
"Paloschi is staying because he is the only striker we have available along with Kaká so he will play these two matches. The Uruguayans, meanwhile, will train with us. Cardacio is a national team player. Viudez, meanwhile, is an '89 player, he's a bit younger. They will train with us and then we will see in twenty days if he will train with the Primavera or if he'll stay with us."

----

Cardacio might have enough experience to stay with the senior team... Viudez might go to the Primavera team depending on his progress. I hope the best for these two.

I wonder how these two feel about being signed by the most successful club in the world... :) Apparently we beat quite a few clubs for them...

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Well although I'm happy we signed two promising youngsters (including an Uruguay national team player) I'm still puzzled why we spent money on midfielders since "siamo a posto cosi" in that department, we badly need a defender (CB) and even a striker imho.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Same thoughts billy. Maybe we tend to sell emerson/brocchi?

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Billy_69 said:
Well although I'm happy we signed two promising youngsters (including an Uruguay national team player) I'm still puzzled why we spent money on midfielders since "siamo a posto cosi" in that department, we badly need a defender (CB) and even a striker imho.

I doubt either of these guys will be seeing alot of playing time this year.

My guess is that Galliani and Co. realized that aside from Flamini, our midfield is aging. As much as I've loved Pirlo and Gattuso, they, along with Emerson, Ambrosini and Brocchi ( :rolleyes: ) are not gonna cut it 3-4 years.

But I would think that our defense is currently older than our midfield so.. :conf:

Oh well, I guess we can't have everything at once. I strongly believe that next year our focus will be on defense.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
While they are midfielders, I think this is the smartest thing we could have possibly done for a little bit of money. It'll definitely be an option in the future for our midfield.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh btw, since this news seems to be official, maybe a mod can move this thread to the official players section? :) Thanks.

Also, it's Cardaccio.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Kaka_Milan said:
Oh btw, since this news seems to be official, maybe a mod can move this thread to the official players section? :) Thanks.

Also, it's Cardaccio.
Haven't read a statement of signatures just yet. *Training with us* sounds like a tryout to me:)

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
Haven't read a statement of signatures just yet. *Training with us* sounds like a tryout to me:)

Eh alright fair enough. :D
I'm pretty sure they'll sign soon.

In the meantime, here's a nice goal of Cardaccio's from youtube:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
What a goal by Cardaccio,hope he signs,from the other videos i saw he really look like a good addition to the squad.It seems like g finally got a clue of whats going on at Milan.

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
^ Every player looks great on youtube. Don't be so sure yet. (I mean the consistency) It was a nice goal though.

Last edited:

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah to be honest it was hard finding footage of him from youtube, but if that goal is anything to go by, I'm excited.

pippo83

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pato and all other Rossoneri players..
AC Milan wrap up double Uruguayan signing
tribalfooball.com - August 02, 2008

Nacional Montevideo midfielder Mathias Cardaccio has joined fellow Uruguayan Tabare Viudez in signing forms with AC Milan this weekend.

They underwent medicals at the Milanello training ground over the weekend and will officially be presented to the media on Monday.

Cardaccio signs from Nacional Montevideo and is a 21-year-old creative midfielder with a fierce strike from distance.

"I am similar to Andrea Pirlo," the new arrival told **********. He hit the headlines with his performances in the Under-19 World Cup in 2007.

Former Defensor Sporting Montevideo man Viudez is still only 19 and is considered one of Uruguay's most promising talents for the future.

Well done Milan now we can say it was a real good transfer campaign this year a striker and a CB is also needed but i think we have to wait till next year when Maldini retires and we play CL .

Maldiniac

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
now we can put this one in the official players section.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
project1967 said:
Cardacio o Cardaccio ?

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussione:Mathías_Cardacio

nice article from la stampa

http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/calciomercato/200807articoli/15930girata.asp

Galliani is cited as saying he saw Cardacio name with only 1 c on his passport but then fifa site as Cardaccio with 2 c ...

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players /player=267832

All the Italian sites I see with one C... the English and Spanish ones I see two...

They are definitely Milans now, and there is a potential we may see one of them in a friendly... I think.

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Giancarlo said:
All the Italian sites I see with one C... the English and Spanish ones I see two...

They are definitely Milans now, and there is a potential we may see one of them in a friendly... I think.

I am even wondering if Cardaccio with 2 c is not something of a derogatory term in italian because, indeed, italian sites are reluctant to put 2 c ... :o

Is it just my imagination ? Can someone help us on this one ?
I mean , does cardaccio have some meaning in italian ? :conf:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
project1967 said:
I am even wondering if Cardaccio with 2 c is not something of a derogatory term in italian because, indeed, italian sites are reluctant to put 2 c ... :o

Is it just my imagination ? Can someone help us on this one ?
I mean , does cardaccio have some meaning in italian ? :conf:

Not that I know. And I speak a fair level of Italian (like 3+ level [from 1-4]). My Spanish is better though...

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Giancarlo said:
Not that I know. And I speak a fair level of Italian (like 3+ level [from 1-4]). My Spanish is better though...

Thanks, man.
Well, all the better for him.

Guess we will have to wait until the official presentation to see what number and name he will have on his jersey .

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Cardacio and Viudez trained today at Milanello and will be presented to the team tomorrow.

Cardacio will wear the #14.
acmilan.com

I guess Cardacio's thread can be stickied as well.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Awsome news, can't wait to see them presented. Finally, some youth!

M

MassterMark

MILANELLO - Mathias Cardacio and Tabarè Viudez are in every effect two Milan players, both of their contracts having been deposited in the Lega yesterday. Cardacio will wear the number 14 shirt while Viudez will wear number 20. The two Uruguayans trained regularly today at Milanello and will present themselves to the group and to Carlo Ancelotti tomorrow.

welcome here boys!

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope they play against man city

but woaw what a summer I mean: borre, flamini, zambrotta, r80, antonini, abbiati, viudez and cardaccio :D

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso #8 said:
I hope they play against man city

but woaw what a summer I mean: borre, flamini, zambrotta, r80, antonini, abbiati, viudez and cardaccio :D

Yeah, we basically bought cover for all positions accept centre back. :o

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cristina said:
Yeah, we basically bought cover for all positions accept centre back. :o

We could hope that something happens with regards to that. But we bought quite a few players... beyond what I ever thought...

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
Welcome... I hope they are not like george weah's son... just words..

r4ptor

Beginner
Reaction score
i saw a video of cardaccio on sky tg24.this kid make some incredible moves and plays on pirlo position,which is good cover.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Welcome!
Great news. More competition for Pirlo's position, finally!

Schedule