Nigel de Jong Thread

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
I just want data on our other players. Throwing out percentages on one player when 10 other depend upon him and the formulation of those numbers is not responsible.

I absolutely love how no one is willing to present information on our other players. It's enough for single, unwholesome data on De Jong's performance for everyone to jump on his back and collectively, "Haha!". I guess none of you want to see how much some of our other players win with/without them in lineups.

"But, lemoncunties, you're making fun of other people." And you're not fucking answering my original query. It's a goddamn simple one, so answer it. If not, piss off and your currently misconstrued data is worthless and means not a damn thing.

Just face facts and move on.

Its not only about that we can't win when he is playing, its how shitty we play when he is controlling from deep. He is unable to dictate the game and has no feeling for it what so ever, also his mistakes defensivaly have cost us lots of point this season.

He is just a terrible anchor. Plain and simple. This has been on going for three seasons now where facts are prooved, THREE fuckingg seasons

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The distinct lack of realized subjectivity in this thread is quite shocking to me. People here genuinely think De Jong is a bad anchor simply by the fact that he alone has a worse percentage of wins under his belt when he starts. Have you stooges realized that Bonera is actually a world class, top of the universe player in terms of his percentages this season? I think we've only lost one game when he played, yet everyone with more of a brain than a chipmunk will admit that he has been largely poor and dire in defense. Now, tell me, should we play Bonera every single game because of this fact? Should we or should we not play De Jong because of a 5% win discrepancy? You tell me, geniuses.

I ask again for such a chart as that one forumite posted on De Jong for the rest of our team. Let's see Monty's, De Sciglio's, El Shaarawy's, Muntari's, Bonera's, Zapata's, etc. etc. I want complete, holistic data on De Jong's performance record that can be compared. Truth is not black and white, even in a mundane sport like football.

I might add that I think De Jong is utter rubbish as anchor too, but the ways in which so many imbeciles have digged him is what burns me. I've bothered this for so long it's quite sad, but oh well. I won't respond any more unless someone actually posts what I, from the very beginning, desired.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
do it yourself u cunt !

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Have you stooges realized that Bonera is actually a world class, top of the universe player in terms of his percentages this season?

Sample size matters. Talking about 7 games we played with Bonera since this season started or all the games NDJ played with us since he came here is not the same.

Anyway, given our situation, we can't jump into any conclusion with that stats. But here in Italy there is too much NDJ worshipping, a lot of supporters says he's our only good midfielder and we desperately need him.

So that stats become a fair point to show that NDJ influence on our results is not that good.

Just that.

My humble opinion about NDJ is that he have a lot of qualities, but somehow, the team is really bad when he's the anchor, and though that numbers doesn't prove anything, they are a little support to my opinion.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
LC -

No one is going to put together that chart for the reason that it's not worth the time. I don't have the time to compile data and run regression for...wait for it...Nigel De Jong.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here (calculated for all Serie A games since 2012/13):

dWhTlI5.png

De Jong gets an extra win for nothing(Torino game where he got that early injury).

Our win percentage probably exceeds 70%, with like only 1 loss, when the 3 man midfield only featured players from the following group: Monto, Flamini, Muntari, Ambro, Essien, Bonaventura, LVG.

With De Jong, I'm not sure you'll even find one that exceeds 50% and if you do then it's probably a really small sample.

The only remotely victorious period with him was last year in a double pivot, but that's when "NDJ world class captain!" boys turned on him because he wasn't as influential on the pitch...and in the first few games we improved after he was substituted early after the break.

Anyway, given our situation, we can't jump into any conclusion with that stats. But here in Italy there is too much NDJ worshipping, a lot of supporters says he's our only good midfielder and we desperately need him.

Yup. Those with no insight who're reading the last pages probably think De Jong is nearing Bonera status among Milan fans and we're being harsh on him, but unfortunately this is only the case here and it's a reaction to the blind, brain dead NDJ worshipping masses. Everywhere else he's "our only world class player", "real captain" etc. This board used to be the same, but luckily that has changed lately. Fuck off NDJtards:o

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if it is wise to play Monto as anchor. Given that he's just returned, he should of course be given some allowance, but his defence is not that good. He is too forward minded, wants to play more like AM than CM. We were playing at times 4-1-0-5 against Genoa. I’m exaggerating, but if we played him as an anchor, we may end up with the formation of 4-0-6, or 4-2-4 with SES and Honda given the defensive task.

The combination of Essien/De Jong, MvG and Jack could be a balanced midfield that can dominate, and allow the team to play more compact.

:lol: You're outdoing the Moroccan Taarabt fans in insecurity and stupidity.
Don't worry, Montolivo's presence will not harm Honda.

One of the onliest player that absolutely may not leave!

We get it, you wish very horrible things upon Milan.

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
USC, if you are looking for a realistic scenario involving NDJs transfer Id say a swap for Lucas Leiva is something both clubs would be up for.

Alternatively Bundesfodder clubs.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LC -

No one is going to put together that chart for the reason that it's not worth the time. I don't have the time to compile data and run regression for...wait for it...Nigel De Jong.

"It's too much work. I'd rather hold an unwholesome and impartial opinion because it's much, much easier."

Fiiinnnnneee, go right ahead guys. I had thought the forum was a tad better than that, but I guess not.

Let's just all hate Nigel because he's black. That's the next autistic argument against him, I'd say. Everyone already hates Niang, Sulley, Essien, Armero, so why not?

Not sure why people can't just leave it to opinions. Naw, someone's gotta try to big dick truth with some dumbass Excel chart.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
USC, if you are looking for a realistic scenario involving NDJs transfer Id say a swap for Lucas Leiva is something both clubs would be up for.

Alternatively Bundesfodder clubs.

What is it like? Do you have toy trains that you hover over pretending you're Godzilla or some god over a little town on the weekends?

Swap this for that like its monopoly :lol:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
"It's too much work. I'd rather hold an unwholesome and impartial opinion because it's much, much easier."

Fiiinnnnneee, go right ahead guys. I had thought the forum was a tad better than that, but I guess not.

Let's just all hate Nigel because he's black. That's the next autistic argument against him, I'd say. Everyone already hates Niang, Sulley, Essien, Armero, so why not?

Not sure why people can't just leave it to opinions. Naw, someone's gotta try to big dick truth with some dumbass Excel chart.

Tad sensationalist there.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
What is it like? Do you have toy trains that you hover over pretending you're Godzilla or some god over a little town on the weekends?

Isn't that normal? I also like to destroy Lincoln Logs like I am a yeti. Don't judge me. Get off your moral perch you judgmental twat!

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

:balo2:

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Reading all this shit one could believe De Jong holds a gun to Inzaghi´s head and forces him to field him as an anchor :lol:

Anybody with half a brain should be able to see that De Jong is one of the best at winning balls, is disciplined and has decent. It´s not his fault that he has to play in a position he´s not good at.
Yes, he was very bad last game but apart from that he is our most consistent player. Monto was useless/injured last year and so was Abate. I guess Poli is consistent but also not very impressive most of the time. All other players are good on one day and shit on the other.

But i guess De Jong is the scapegoat now.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I'm on the 'good player, wrong system' side.... In a flat, 5 man midfield he can do what he's best at (destroying) without having to do much else. In a 3 man midfield at anchor though, he has responsibilities outside of his skill set.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
AC Milan squad 2014/2015; http://www.acmilan.com/en/teams

1d0d146962e3894ddf50ace2112d2e0b.png

Molto bellisimo, have all of my forza's
also Pippo's, Seedorfs, Allegri's, van Marwijks, van Gaals, Hiddink's forza's but more importantly mine.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
All fanboys on one page :proud:

Montolivo-->montolivo
Goodfella-->montolivo
FNF-->poli
rickaka-->de jong

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i definitely don't belong on that list

a forum member has a twitter account on which he exclusively tweets praise for one player and hate for his direct competitor. Not gonna name and shame but u know who you are

If i come across as that kind of creepy fanboy pls ashish me for a month or two to let me overthink my situation in life

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score

a forum member has a twitter account on which he exclusively tweets praise for one player and hate for his direct competitor. Not gonna name and shame but u know who you are

If i come across as that kind of creepy fanboy pls ashish me for a month or two to let me overthink my situation in life

Who's that? Azzurro Milan or whatever? :conf:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
no it's an active member

if the poster wants to post his twitter handle himself that's cool

i'm not going to, i know i wouldn't like it if someone would post my anonymous twitter w/o permission, if i had an active one

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I'll admit I fanboy Poli a little, but I don't claim Poli is better than he is. For example, some claim Monty is the second coming, I only claim Poli would be a good squad player if we had one or two better mids.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll admit I fanboy Poli a little, but I don't claim Poli is better than he is. For example, some claim Monty is the second coming, I only claim Poli would be a good squad player if we had one or two better mids.

Poli is a weaker version of Flamini. Less stamina but same awful way to waste clear opportunities to score.

Monty the second coming? No. Monty is a good player that is better as anchor but he can improve more if he gets faster on his decision making and not relying too much on sending long passes.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I rate/rated Flamini but I don't agree. Stamina wise, Poli is not efficient, for sure, but less stamina? You can't really say that when it's obviously not something they've picked up on in training.
Flamini is better playing in a deeper position otherwise Poli is better imo. And wasting chances? He's had maybe one 'clear' (whatever that is) chance this season and a couple of half chances he made the best out of.

Agreed that Monty's decision making is slower than it should be (I remember posting that earlier this year), but you can't say he has room to improve and Poli doesn't.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I rate/rated Flamini but I don't agree. Stamina wise, Poli is not efficient, for sure, but less stamina? You can't really say that when it's obviously not something they've picked up on in training.
Flamini is better playing in a deeper position otherwise Poli is better imo. And wasting chances? He's had maybe one 'clear' (whatever that is) chance this season and a couple of half chances he made the best out of.

Agreed that Monty's decision making is slower than it should be (I remember posting that earlier this year), but you can't say he has room to improve and Poli doesn't.

If Poli gets tired and plays tired after the first 5-10 minutes of the second half when he starts a game, what do you call that?
Do not get me wrong, I think Poli is an energy boost as a sub and I would take him over Muntari any day however Poli is what he is. I think he can get better if he knows how to manage his stamina. Flamini had the same type of 'half-chances' to score and he almost always had a knack to send it anywhere besides the net but nowhere near as bad as Binho.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Because Poli is not good enough at things you can't teach or develop (technical ability i.e)

But I still like Poli. A useful and versatile player.

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:lol: You're outdoing the Moroccan Taarabt fans in insecurity and stupidity.

Well, well, well, I never thought I would be ridiculed by a poster who supports simple, highly misguided stats to single out one player as a culprit. A really pathetic attempt that only few unthinking brutes may fall into.

Last edited:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Poli gets tired and plays tired after the first 5-10 minutes of the second half when he starts a game, what do you call that?
Do not get me wrong, I think Poli is an energy boost as a sub and I would take him over Muntari any day however Poli is what he is. I think he can get better if he knows how to manage his stamina. Flamini had the same type of 'half-chances' to score and he almost always had a knack to send it anywhere besides the net but nowhere near as bad as Binho.

Ask Milan lab :proud:
Imo it's down to him wasting energy e.g chasing instead of backing off etc.

In the role he's played this season, you can count the number of half chances (at best) on one hand. Last season, he got a couple of nice goals and was unlucky he caught two of the best GKs in the world (Courtois and Buffon) on good days. I think it's a little harsh to say he's a 'bad' finisher.

Because Poli is not good enough at things you can't teach or develop (technical ability i.e)

But I still like Poli. A useful and versatile player.
He showed last season and against Fiorentina this season that he has 'flair', 'technical ability' whatever you want to call it. It just so happens that he's been limited to doing mostly dirty work this season unfortunately. I'm not saying he has bucket-loads of flair, but he has something.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

no it's an active member

if the poster wants to post his twitter handle himself that's cool

i'm not going to, i know i wouldn't like it if someone would post my anonymous twitter w/o permission, if i had an active one

hmmmm..since it's a player you're concerned about, that receiver of hate is most likely De Jong, even though he's like the one Milan player not being harassed by Milan fans on Twitter(not even by me :proud:). And since it's an active poster and De Jong's direct competitor would be Montolivo, that poster is probably me or Montolivo.

I have a Twitter account which I created to follow Milanello and other Milan-related accounts. Most of my tweets are replies in the comment section of their tweets where I voice the same opinions I have here of B&G, the players and coaches, the performances, FIGC, San Siro etc or, as I do in here, help/correct people or piss off morons. I also engage in non-fotball discussions, mostly political, though I delete most of these after a while. The NDJ-related or Montolivo praising tweets probably make up less than 5%.

I'll link to my account once you confirm you're as pathetic as I assume.

Schedule